[server] PAW Crypto Mine Server

by Festus1965 » Post

name:
PAW Crypto Mine Server

address:
minetest.paw.digital

dedicated server at:
ISP: Hetzner Online AG, Germany
(proofed hold over 100 gamer, was on with 75 and still no lag)

Version : 5.6.1
MTG, plus animalworld, farming, ...

Text:
Minetest server that pays out rewards in PAW.

admin:
apollo

Current Payout: 137294 PAW ($0.18)
Payout every 10 minutes of playing
Claimed 1623 times past 24 hours

Reward reduction active!
Full reward on the 9th claim (1.5hrs), afterwards reduced again. Reset after 8 hours
Last edited by Festus1965 on Wed Nov 02, 2022 02:10, edited 1 time in total.
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)

Festus1965
GitHub: Festus1965
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer

Re: [server] PAW Crypto Mine Server

by Festus1965 » Post

server today morning missing,
not only list, address is empty

but until now big fun,

and you just need the normal original MT client to play,
NO any special crypt app behind,

And so far = true: I have exported 7.000.000 PAW from game to a PAW Wallet.
But that's a fun beside ... I didn't try to find a way to exchange it yet.
The worth is maybe about 10 Euro today.

Question then how much was the energy to run my PC and get it ? 250 Watt, 8 hours per day ?
Since 13 with 3 days off : 16 days each 2 KWh = 32 KWh at near 6 Baht = 192 Baht or +5 Euro.

So even all it right and working ... for me as of this low win just another server = game.

Sure it is a bit more challenging like getting awards or XP like on Pandorabox.io
But if PAW is wrong, every award might be wrong, as moving the core away from gaming to winning.
Upps PvP Ctf ... winner list ...

So IF take that down, all similar have to close awards and XP or winner lists also

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

by Blockhead » Post

That's a good point. Sounds like someone could make some money by selling a high-ranking PandoraBox account, or even training accounts like how RuneScape players will train accounts and then sell them to people so they can skip the grind of skilling up. I am not condoning this kind of behaviour; it is against the rules or the spirit of the game in most cases, but we have to acknowledge its reality. Obviously it would be too suspicious to sell the "Thailand" account because you talk in chat in your idiosyncratic way which can't really be faked. Regardless, you could quickly level an alternate account by helping it with a main account giving it tools and so on; you would probably want to aim for the minimum requirements for Mars. xban2 or similar tools would tell the admins that this "power-leveller" is behind the same IP as your main account though, and together with VPN Blocker it would be hard to avoid tracing the account back to you.
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

The IP is so much easier to avoid:

Local network with the gamer want to be leveled,
and set my used PC to his address (for traffic = default gateway)
and I play with his/her IP.

But similar happen near on every server I see:
* gamer give free tools and armor to newbies ... to get a better 'karma' ?
* new gamer most search for free other ways to get down for mining
so THAT is reality anyway already.

But anyway why would it be against the rules, WHERE ?
* if I on one side ask gamer to pay a part of server costs ?
Imagine, favorite server can pay a dedicated server and more people have real lag free fun ?
* or I pay gamer to play on my server, with benefits like no afk kick and get better rank or just expensive server and admin time is USED ?

Example :
* Hetzner 45 Euro month
if 20 gamer pay and help, get some advancved rights for build, kick and ban ?
so 13 Gamer just pay near 2 Euro for full lag free fun.

* my one : is as of only Electric just 8 Euro = or 8 people pay 1 euro a month.
maybe some gamer plus payment will result in newer bigger M.2 SSD, but even
this 10.000 Baht, plus M.s and SSD and RAM 20.000 Baht or 555 Euro after now 7 years
is then just about 6.60 Euro each month for all.
So 8 gamer pay each month 2 Euro will handle that at all.

But I know "Geiz ist Geil: "Greed is cool" ?

And the rules so far I know are only about the software itself (make no money with it)
and the costs asking from gamer are the running costs and maybe hardware,

as without any server using minetest ... minetest is death at all also.

Some server would really need it, as the limit of 20 gamer yet is a problem, as they are good for more gamer, as of there mod time, composition, ideas.

But on the other side I should be allowed to pay gamer as well, as for their stay online and rank me up ?
As then it is also more relaxing to build it up and get some 'win' out of all work and costs ?

In case of some server owner I can give an advertising place near spawn for x Euro a month haha

LMD
GitHub: appgurueu
IRC: appguru[eu]
In-game: LMD

by LMD » Post

A "winner list" or "XP" is a purely intrinsical motive: It's simply part of the game. Players striving for it strive to "win" the game.

Real-world money is an extrinsical motive: You may hate the game and PAW but still play just to get your negligible real-world rewards.
My stuff: Projects - Mods - Website

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

server back since 23 Minutes,
just woke up and continue fun !

btw. the atm mod is not present,
we don't see if get PAW, but sure can't transfer it.
And what matters = just number 1 again, most gamer came back
So ... maybe there are some play for real get some money ... but as now, they don't mind = have fun

LMD:
interesting ... and what if I didn't exchange the money and love just the fact easy game (no hunger) and the very low lag and much gamer together ?
and support the server with my account rank lifting as of be happy to see a real dedicated server option and its advantages ?

other thoughts about most Russian writing gamer there (anyway everywhere):
* they are under 18 = not at war against Ukraine
* they are girls ... uii

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

what was this about money ? with Minetest ?

2022 Minetest GAME JAM [November 1st-21st] [$300+ in Prizes] [Donations open]
What will I win?

Another sweet product to put on your dev portfolio! And some cash I guess...

This time the prize pool will be capped at $600. Contributions beyond this point will be politely declined. The current total will remain private.

[CURRENTLY ACCEPTING CONTRIBUTIONS]

The top 3 winners will recieve 1/2, 1/3, and 1/6 of the prize pool for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places, respectively. Winners will be contacted for payment destination (PayPal account, charity, or other participant).

The top 3 winners and the Community Winner submissions will also be promoted on the ContentDB front page!

Other prizes TBD???

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

I met apollo (admin) this morning

mod atm is of as of some gamer cheat (copy money)
(I guess some nodes of mesecons, as there is no other mod)

mod tpr is OFF

mod travelnet changed to always private network = only owner can use

both to avoid cheating for rewards depending on far distance work (mining, collect, etc.)

so after the copy problem is solved, atm, wired is OFF

But a lot of gamer there, and only 3 of 26 was complain about during I was in. nice - we are gamer !

LMD

by LMD » Post

Festus1965 wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 03:58
what was this about money ? with Minetest ?
The difference is that making a winning Game Jam entry actually requires creating significant value whereas in the PAW server people get paid for... being provided a service? Even if the winning entry was to get a whopping $300, the author still is grossly underpaid for their development work: Assuming the author made their winning entry in just two weekends or one work work (assuming 10h on both Saturday & Sunday or 8h the other days), they would have invested a total of 40h for a winning entry. This means their "salary" would be $300 / 40 = $7.5 - way below minimum wage, and way below what could be earned doing literally about any other software development job in the same time.

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

LMD wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 09:54
... a total of 40h for a winning entry. This means their "salary" would be $300 / 40 = $7.5 - way below minimum wage, ...
Then I or PAW are save: play since about 13.10. about 8 hours a day - 3 days off : 20 days, each 8 hours = 160 hours for maybe 10 US$ or Euro yet. 63 Cent each hour. ... Yeah, go on !
And that is not the win, might have to take down the electric for this time ... 1,64 US$ or Euro that hours. Or like this

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

after keep gaming ... and build some street

and craft a 'PAW Rewards Terminal'
build it up in my base and added my PAW Wallet ID into
I got several transactions on my PAW Walled worth yet 559.xxx PAW
I received them with unlock the PAW Wallet and ... here they are.

So far it works

Enjoy mining !

Komodo
GitHub: MeseCraft
In-game: Komodo

by Komodo » Post

So no discussion on how this works or is mined? Does it use energy on the players systems because it mines locally with their resources? Do they take a cut?

It seems very sleazy and sus to me.
🌎 Website | 🌲 MeseCraft Game | 📰 News | 🖌️ ContentDB

LMD

by LMD » Post

I suspect this is a scheme based on the fact that crypto activity is massively overvalued: Recently it was revealed that a Metaverse with billions of virtual "value" had a mere 50 active users at a time (for comparison: even Minetest has six times as much).

Thus, to increase the value of your crypto scam, you need to simulate activity. This is similar to apps who need to show a certain number of registrations to collect funding (because again, registrations are massively overvalued). But why would anyone use your fancy coin when there is nothing behind it, no activity, no net of trust, no value? Simple: Because you give it away for free to get things started. You have probably already collected a small sum from investors and can now use this to "boost" the crypto, operating at a loss. But when giving it away, you want something in return, something that increases the "value" of your crypto: Activity. At least seemingly: Suddenly you have plenty of actors transfering your cryptos around. Show this to the next greedy investor and you're in for a billion.

The admins of the server are basically printing crypto money. To allow you to turn that into real money, they operate at a loss (for now), presumably hoping that the increase in "activity" entails a (disproportional) boost to the "value" of their crypto.

Or, for another comparison: Consider the very novel food delivery "startups". They all first operate at massive losses, burning through massive starting funds just to attract a maximum of users. This inflated size (which was only achieved by operating at a loss) is then used to sell the startup to investors. The original owners don't care if it goes poof a year later - they have made their cut.

TL;DR: Presumably there is a dissolute high risk business model behind this.

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

Komodo wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 21:21
So no discussion on how this works or is mined? Does it use energy on the players systems because it mines locally with their resources? Do they take a cut?

It seems very sleazy and sus to me.
And also here again:
I use only normal legal original 5.6.1 MT Client : NO other app behind.

So this is not a mining, that seam to be like more a promotion.
We just game normal ..;. but instead of XP or rewards we get (also) PAW
that CAN be used outside ...

LMD wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 22:23
The admins of the server are basically printing crypto money. To allow you to turn that into real money, they operate at a loss (for now), presumably hoping that the increase in "activity" entails a (disproportional) boost to the "value" of their crypto.
maybe ... or they use a fund ... but anyway
Every Minetest server is a loss in money as of use hardware, electric and traffic.
And as long this PAW is given but NOT forced to add another app to be able to join

So all legal.
I am AWARE of the low worth of crypto currency = I have land, I have own house, I invest in Solar.
IF beside the fun I get something out, ok - but also a nice change just to learn some more about it (crypto).

And for sure, they 'pay' (transfer) out the PAW, what is after is not promoted or told. So nothing false yet.

Beside they do some social data fishing ... data mining. yes.

monkeypox

by monkeypox » Post

hold, to the moon.

LMD

by LMD » Post

Festus1965 wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 23:26
LMD wrote:
maybe ... or they use a fund ... but anyway
Every Minetest server is a loss in money as of use hardware, electric and traffic.
And as long this PAW is given but NOT forced to add another app to be able to join

So all legal.
Yes. But the motivations are different: Minetest server hosters usually host their servers out of (pure?) altruism: They want to provide others with a fun game to play (and perhaps they have fun developing and/or hosting the game). That is, their motivation is fully intrinsic: They care about their game, their players and Minetest as an engine.

I suspect that the hosters of this server don't care much about the game or the players; all they care about is their crypto gaining value (their projected profits). Minetest is only a means to an end and not the end goal in itself; the motivation is utterly extrinsic and egoistic.

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

let it make clear : Without Minecraft minetest would also not exist ... when we start like this

they have also their problems ... people cheat, whatever, maybe not on a creative server ?
LMD wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 13:29
Yes. But the motivations are different: Minetest server hosters usually host their servers out of (pure?) altruism: ...: They care about their game, their players and Minetest as an engine.
Oh yes ... SURE ! haha

Komodo

by Komodo » Post

LMD wrote:
I suspect this is a scheme based on the fact that crypto activity is massively overvalued: Recently it was revealed that a Metaverse with billions of virtual "value" had a mere 50 active users at a time (for comparison: even Minetest has six times as much).

Thus, to increase the value of your crypto scam, you need to simulate activity. This is similar to apps who need to show a certain number of registrations to collect funding (because again, registrations are massively overvalued). But why would anyone use your fancy coin when there is nothing behind it, no activity, no net of trust, no value? Simple: Because you give it away for free to get things started. You have probably already collected a small sum from investors and can now use this to "boost" the crypto, operating at a loss. But when giving it away, you want something in return, something that increases the "value" of your crypto: Activity. At least seemingly: Suddenly you have plenty of actors transfering your cryptos around. Show this to the next greedy investor and you're in for a billion.

Or, for another comparison: Consider the very novel food delivery "startups". They all first operate at massive losses, burning through massive starting funds just to attract a maximum of users. This inflated size (which was only achieved by operating at a loss) is then used to sell the startup to investors. The original owners don't care if it goes poof a year later - they have made their cut.

TL;DR: Presumably there is a dissolute high risk business model behind this.
Thanks, that makes a lot of sense to me. Good take, I appreciate the insight.

We're early in a worldwide recession. Doubt there is liquidity right now for another fringe internet token. Sounds like a ponzi scheme. Early adopters pushing PAW in order to bring in new people/money to eventually dump their holdings. Pump n dump.

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

Komodo wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 15:43
Thanks, that makes a lot of sense to me. Good take, I appreciate the insight.

We're early in a worldwide recession. Doubt there is liquidity right now for another fringe internet token. Sounds like a ponzi scheme. Early adopters pushing PAW in order to bring in new people/money to eventually dump their holdings. Pump n dump.
For PAW low liquid, or too much existing PAW or too less people trust in would rather result in lower worth of it.
And yes, at 4 Mio PAW it was about 360 Baht, now with 8 Mio PAW I stand at 380 Baht.
SAME as of Bitcoin and others.

I also just read a warning in German Newspaper about overrated Gold 'save' currency.

BUT of all German and English speaking gamer there (8) I know nobody bought PAW external or before, and nobody was looking to exchange them yet as of know very less to do all the work.
Another German and me are joking like have to keep it years, then maybe like Bitcoin.

Even there are recorded people using bots to get more PAW, bots make so low credits/rewards that I don't understand them.
Another thread was copy of items, here money, what let to a change of direct rewards from Game to outside Wallet.

Mhh, I can start also to ask behind minetest itself, is the work they (holder, programmer, ...) also clean, I mean is the real work income someone has a server coming from a legal or climate friendly job,
or from shares, which are also overrated and without the real estade behind ?

Let take a government guy, getting money from his work from ... all people of this country via taxes.
A minetest server paid by taxes after 'washed' info salary ? Is that work even necessary ?

I keep it clear:
there is NO force to use real money to game there, it is SAME a my server: free server, free client
(at me you might ask where the money is coming, yes I don't work near 17 years now : hmm the cash from our restaurant, and a part electric from a gifted Solarcell from Sibrans group = old gamer of this world)

and even IF we could exchange our PAW in real money = nice gift for the electric we use.

At the End this should lead to a maybe free payment of the minetest gamer to the server.
Forcing better hardware for maybe just 1 or 2 Euro a month, and leading to more lag free server for the others.
I already think about to give my PAW back to server as of a easy thank you, or ... pay the thoughts of you just back to the starter haha

Imagine Your-land.de could hold near 80 gamer, but limited to 42 now,
Pandorabox.io would also be able to handle 60 gamer, but limited to 20
for just 1 Euro a month help ? I would do it - as playing with more gamer is also most more fun
I yesterday saw again on my one how fun it is when each near 15 kids in 2 groups are handling around and make a area busy. NOT possible if I also would have taken an shared server.

We forget the still success of stronger or less lag MultiCraft server, loosing gamer and start hack on a strong server where gamer have fun and do also real good builds.

Jeleaus ? and realize own failures ?
minetest is not best at all, some mods are to hard ..., but this low gamer limit as of hardware is our own fault, and easier to change than a lag mod.

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

That is getting more silent there,
after yesterday mod TravelNet was changed for only owner of a station can use it, as to stop misusing open networks and get fast without own shaft mining or using caves to get deeper down.
Maybe I post this two video I just did before admin logged in later.
They are easy to spot most time, as like a group together, but now they have problems to move out of central area as of changes Travelnet.

It also got silent down under -10.000 as gamer lost their cheap strange ways.

also another bunch of bot user was banned yesterday

Some people are really hard in try to get PAW,
and I have to realize that what seam less worth for me (8.4 M PAW still under 400 Baht or 10 Euro) might be worth to do in other countries ?

Komodo

by Komodo » Post

Gaming should be about fun, not getting rich.

Sure, maybe the server lets you do both. But doesn't sound fun to me.

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

Komodo wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 02:33
Gaming should be about fun, not getting rich.

Sure, maybe the server lets you do both. But doesn't sound fun to me.
Sure you didn't read or understand earlier posts,
rich ? haha
but even if : why can't it be fun and getting some money or rich in your eyes ?

Maybe Minetest is at the time (of loosing gamer) have to pay money to server or gamer to play ?
I am amused ...

later:
here another post about have FUN, and what many server already make wrong since ... YEARS !
Pixels wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 23:40
Festus65: well "any good server" was more a way of speaking actually but you are right, it may also mean a server that is not crashing every single minute for internal error or, one so heavily modded that even with a well-equiped computer it won't be possible to display more than 10 nodes every 2 mn, even if you were sitting on that server (very close location ).

So yes, location, numbers of players, unit .. all of them are good to take in consideration. Personally, if it is crashing over and over or too heavily modded, it kills the game and this is definitely the opposite of "good" for me :/
short :
* stable, no repeating often crash
* low lag - not too much mods - depending on server hardware options
* location = short rtt
* some players !

So if you complain about maybe get some payment by playing but NOT have fun,
there still can be fun and payment, or fun and don't mind about payment

because THIS server run fast ! - And low crash, maybe twice a day now only,
and here we are back to my looking about what server is running for some days without ... restart.

So make sure, all other servers will do this mentioned options, before now going onto that possible get some money.

Komodo

by Komodo » Post

I thought you ran your own server. AsiaThailand Why do you care about this one so much all of a sudden?

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

Komodo wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 17:22
I thought you ran your own server. AsiaThailand Why do you care about this one so much all of a sudden?
lol again you missed a lot of things ... server tuning, gamer like so see other gamer around ?
I care as this server is the only one under minetest, that can hold more gamer same time without lag than my one = proof all what I posted about tuning and mod lag in this years.
Show, how a low lag server CAN hold more gamer than most other 'famous' server and bring back the feeling of fun.

Komodo

by Komodo » Post

I didn't miss anything important. Also, your posts are hard to understand but I try to understand.
I care as this server is the only one under minetest, that can hold more gamer same time without lag than my one = proof all what I posted about tuning and mod lag in this years.
Yeah that sounds like BS. Also quality is more important than quantity. I don't want to play in a cyrpto mining server with a bunch of russian bots in it just to earn funny money. Hard pass.