[0.4.8] 0gb.us's basic server

Evergreen
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

I would like to, it's late tonight so expect an explanation tomorrow. This message is only temporary.
Back from the dead!

Adarqet

by Adarqet » Post

So 0gb did you place the heli and baloon yet?

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Post

Adarqet wrote:So 0gb did you place the heli and baloon yet?
No. I cleaned up the files, so they are ready to import, but that is all.

I tried placing the balloon a few times, but it did not go as well as planned. Now that the extra space in the file has been removed, it should be a lot easier. Expect to see it in the next few days. Sorry for the delay.

For the copter, you'll need to supply the desert stone to build it (I literally only have two desert stone) as well as show me where you want it.

rarkenin

by rarkenin » Post

I would like to apply as moderator. I have leadership experience in various locations, such as the school robotics team, organizing the programmers, and the Ask Ubuntu community has voted me through the primaries of this year's mod election. I am also relatively impartial and can deploy bots to help with large-scale cleanup.
Admin pro tempore on 0gb.us:30000. Ask me if you have a problem, or just want help.
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply.
Now working on my own clone, Mosstest.
I guess I'm back for some time.

Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

Actually, never mind. rarkenin would make a very good moderator, and he has been on this server longer than I have.
Back from the dead!

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

rarkenin wrote:I would like to apply as moderator. I have leadership experience in various locations, such as the school robotics team, organizing the programmers, and the Ask Ubuntu community has voted me through the primaries of this year's mod election. I am also relatively impartial and can deploy bots to help with large-scale cleanup.
i vote to have rarkenin be a moderator because he is already like one
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

Bearbar123

by Bearbar123 » Post

I would like to become a moderator, so here are some reasons: 1) I'm a really good builder, 0gb as well as many others has seen my things. 2) I can help with things like setting up Warps and clean up 3) if people need help with there prodjects, small things like help build walls and such; Here are some reasons why not: 1) I am not a coder, i can't do stuff with code and such 2)I can't be on during school hours 3) I do have other things that eat my time, but will try to get on as much as possible.
Hello I am a random panda

Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

I'm a pretty good builder. On the redcrab server, Tickborn and I built some absolutely amazing stuff. It was all wiped out entirely by the mapgen bug. :'(
Back from the dead!

Bearbar123

by Bearbar123 » Post

http://skritdlez.deviantart.com/

There is my account for Deviantart, i will post my images there

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Post

Bearbar123 wrote:2) I can help with things like setting up Warps
Sorry to be brief, but I'd like to try not to influence the votes. I think both of you are good choices though.

Anyway, warp points are set by individual users. Out of curiosity, how do you plan to help with that?
Evergreen wrote:I'm a pretty good builder. On the redcrab server, Tickborn and I built some absolutely amazing stuff. It was all wiped out entirely by the mapgen bug. :'(
This is EXACTLY why I want LevelDB implemented. They say it's a flaw in SQLite, and that LevelDB doesn't have that issue .... From what I gather, it's already coded and ready to go. We just need to wait for the higher-ups to approve it.

Bearbar123

by Bearbar123 » Post

0gb.us wrote:
Bearbar123 wrote:2) I can help with things like setting up Warps
Sorry to be brief, but I'd like to try not to influence the votes. I think both of you are good choices though.

Anyway, warp points are set by individual users. Out of curiosity, how do you plan to help with that?
I help people(Sometimes and only when they don't have a real good knowing of what to do) when they have problems with setting the warps and i meant public warps when you get it implemented if you ever do

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Post

Bearbar123 wrote:i meant public warps when you get it implemented if you ever do
Every time public warps come up, I say they are only going to happen if we can find a staff free way to make them work. Thanks for the offer though.

Staff will be in charge of keeping the other players happy by helping them get started and assist with cleanup and such, among other things, but will not have any particular abilities that normal players have (aside from shortcut type privileges such as fly, which are faster and easier than cobble stacking, but don't allow you to get anywhere normal players can't already get).

Aqua

by Aqua » Post

Adarqet wrote:
Aqua wrote:
Nice videos! I could do some with you if you want.
And here's my video with jojoa1997: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yti-053jo9Q
P.S jojoa your voice is so low compared to mine ;-)
Thanks for viewing my video. Do you have anything that we can communicate with? And what do you use for recording?
Skype..shiftycake. And I use hypercam or ezvid(very good quality) for recording.
By the way, new video I did on this server: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YujvYeZZOIg
Hi there ^.~

Chinchow

by Chinchow » Post

While I think it would be cool to be a moderator and although I'm always helping people I can only get on from 7 to 9 and am only a basic programmer so I am not a very good candidate.
Sometimes, it's harder to think up a mod than it is to create it.
Mods: Orichalcum Stonebricks Extra Chests

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

i would like to say something. a moderator is not a coder but more lik an underpriviledged admin that is like a fixer/police personel/problem solver.
Last edited by jojoa1997 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 13:55, edited 1 time in total.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

Bearbar123

by Bearbar123 » Post

Yea and i'm really good with that, trust me, i'm the 4th oldest of 12 siblings(10 half, 8 from my dad, 2 from my mom, 2 full) I was the judgement person left to babysit the younger kids well the older kids and parents went out to stuff
Last edited by Bearbar123 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:20, edited 1 time in total.

rarkenin

by rarkenin » Post

jojoa1997 wrote:i would like to say something. A MODERATOR CAN NOT EVEN KNOW IF LUA EXISTS! a moderator is not a coder but more lik an underpriviledged admin that is like a fixer/police personel/problem solver.
Please don't use caps to shout. One of the major pillars of moderation is a calm understanding.
Admin pro tempore on 0gb.us:30000. Ask me if you have a problem, or just want help.

KoalaBear

by KoalaBear » Post

I see that you are logged on right now 0gb...
Yolo :)

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Post

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the sooner you know, the better.

This weekend, the server is going down. I don't know for how long, but at most, a couple of days. It should be back up by Monday.

Adarqet

by Adarqet » Post

rarkenin wrote:
jojoa1997 wrote:i would like to say something. A MODERATOR CAN NOT EVEN KNOW IF LUA EXISTS! a moderator is not a coder but more lik an underpriviledged admin that is like a fixer/police personel/problem solver.
Please don't use caps to shout. One of the major pillars of moderation is a calm understanding.
he is caps locking you to death.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

rarkenin wrote:
Btw i am a very cal person. Rarely do i ever shout in real life ;)
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

rarkenin

by rarkenin » Post

0gb.us wrote:I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the sooner you know, the better.

This weekend, the server is going down. I don't know for how long, but at most, a couple of days. It should be back up by Monday.
Internet switchover? Or database gone amok already?

If you send me the world and game files(and give me ample time to download those files), as well as fail over your DNS with a CNAME to rarkenindyn.mooo.com, I can run a failover server for you.
Last edited by rarkenin on Thu Feb 21, 2013 14:43, edited 1 time in total.

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Post

rarkenin wrote:
0gb.us wrote:I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the sooner you know, the better.

Internet switchover? Or database gone amok already?

If you send me the world and game files(and give me ample time to download those files), as well as fail over your DNS with a CNAME to rarkenindyn.mooo.com, I can run a failover server for you.
No switchover and no database errors (that I'm aware of).

Unfortunately, I'm roped into going on a family trip which may last anywhere from twelve hours to two days. I have too much homework/coding to do to be away from my computer that long. If I was able to get Minetest to run on my main server instead of my laptop, this wouldn't be an issue, but it seems the PowerPC processor won't run irrlicht. An addition, you said PowerPC has the wrong endian, and Minetest is endian-sensitive, so even if I got it running, no one could connect to the server with their Intel and AMD processors.

As much as I would love to have you host it for that period of time, I cannot modify the DNS record for @.0gb.us., as Minetest isn't the only thing that uses that address. While I wouldn't mind my site going down for a while, my mother uses something there for legal reasons, and in must be kept running and accessible from that address.

EDIT: Also, PNG map added to first post.

Once I have the files cleaned up a bit, I'm adding the custom game this server uses to Github. Some people want to help fix things that need fixing, some people want to try to fix the unfixable, some people want to just look at the code, and I imagine at least one person is or one day will be curious enough to look at the code if it is available, but not enough to ask for it. Moving to Github fixes all of these. Feel free to post fixes and I'll add them myself, or submit pull requests. Whatever works for you. Keep in mind though that there are very strict requirements for inclusion, so don't be offended if I don't use your code. There are a lot of cool things that I like, but do not add.
Last edited by 0gb.us on Thu Feb 21, 2013 21:49, edited 1 time in total.

Bearbar123

by Bearbar123 » Post

I can't seem to find Elvendale on there, will keep looking

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

Bearbar123 wrote:I can't seem to find Elvendale on there, will keep looking
the map isn't big enough. I know I went at least 9000 blocks in each direction and there should be this point thing sticking out. 0gb when I finish my castle could you map the coords I send you
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging