[0.4.8] 0gb.us's basic server

xavier108
IRC: Ezlif

by xavier108 » Post

I guessing i'm adding a new link
Ezlif :D

Bearbar123

by Bearbar123 » Post

Hey Guys, i'm building a Nations building on the server as soon as i get a new power cord for the computer i play minetest one, i would really like it if you guys can send me a pm with this form in it:

Name on Server:
How many days you have played:
What country are you from:
Hello I am a random panda

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Post

The town building contest from before is back on, though the prize has changed. Before, the winner was going to get a chest full of papyrus, which at the time, was one of the rarest nodes in the game. Now, papyrus is everywhere, which may help with your entry in the contest, but makes the old prize not much of a prize.

This time, the prize is a set of screenshots on the 0gb.us Minetest website, once we have that up and running. It's not all that helpful in game, but it's kind of cool none the less. This same site will be the one used for uploading Minetest skins, so people will see the pictures of your town.

I will not be judging, instead, there will be a vote. Keep that in mind. The further out your town is, the more space you will have to build it, but the less people will be willing to travel that far out to see your town and possibly vote for you. The closer closer you build, the less space you'll have to build, so the less elaborate the town might be.

If you are entering in the contest, feel free to ask one of us moderators for the "build" and "fly" privileges to make your work easier. The build privilege allows you to use a worldedit clone that is significantly less of a boon than the real worldedit (you have to actually have the materials in your inventory before you can place them in the world with commands). But big boxy structure aren't likely to win, so mostly this just helps with filling in holes to flatten land. To learn the commands, read the code. (https://github.com/0gb-us/0gb.us_game/b ... s/init.lua) If you abuse fly and build, they will be taken from you.

A contest end date has not yet been set.

ungali
IRC: ungali
In-game: ungali

by ungali » Post

I've created a city above my place in Royale. (Its not part of the contest or anything). If you're on the server, feel free to drop on by and grab a plot.
Minetest needs better music. And puppies.

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Post

A second smaller contest is being added for single houses. Enjoy!

Luke123

by Luke123 » Post

Menche wrote:
Luke123 wrote:
Worked! Just a quick question. How do I save the latest version to the bin so I don't have to paste this every time into the bin?
For updating, you can get rid of most of that. Try this to update:

Code: Select all

git pull; cmake . ; make -j2; cd ./bin; ./minetest; echo -e "\n\nYou can run Minetest again by double-clicking "minetest" in the "bin" folder of the "minetest" folder in your home folder.\nYou can install mods in ~/minetest/mods/minetest, too."
To save it, put that code in a file called "update.sh" in the minetest folder, and just run "sh update.sh" to update (I think you could just double-click on update.sh also).

Oh, and if you want LuaJIT (it's faster), just run "sudo apt-get install libluajit-5.1-dev" and recompile; the latest git version of minetest will automatically be built to use it.
I cant find a folder named "sh.update.sh". I tried making a folder sh.update.sh and added that code but it didn't work. Added the code in the bin but it didn't update either. I tried everything, I am doing something wrong. Please help me.

- Luke
Last edited by Luke123 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 01:03, edited 1 time in total.
My minetest username is <King>
BTW I like pie <3

rarkenin

by rarkenin » Post

Unfortunately, 0gb.us has decided to take a break from the server. I've taken over in administration for now. Please note that bans are now permanent, and I do not particularly enjoy drama. We've already had a minor moderation incident, so I'm working with our moderators to resolve it. Please note that we MAY need new moderators.
Admin pro tempore on 0gb.us:30000. Ask me if you have a problem, or just want help.
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply.
Now working on my own clone, Mosstest.
I guess I'm back for some time.

xavier108
IRC: Ezlif

by xavier108 » Post

rarkenin wrote:Unfortunately, 0gb.us has decided to take a break from the server. I've taken over in administration for now. Please note that bans are now permanent, and I do not particularly enjoy drama. We've already had a minor moderation incident, so I'm working with our moderators to resolve it. Please note that we MAY need new moderators.
Can I be a moderator.I'll help you guys do stuff on the server.
Ezlif :D

rarkenin

by rarkenin » Post

xavier108 wrote:
rarkenin wrote:Unfortunately, 0gb.us has decided to take a break from the server. I've taken over in administration for now. Please note that bans are now permanent, and I do not particularly enjoy drama. We've already had a minor moderation incident, so I'm working with our moderators to resolve it. Please note that we MAY need new moderators.
Can I be a moderator.I'll help you guys do stuff on the server.
I will get back to this once I get this situation figured out. Please use PM, though.
Admin pro tempore on 0gb.us:30000. Ask me if you have a problem, or just want help.
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply.
Now working on my own clone, Mosstest.
I guess I'm back for some time.

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Post

Taking a break? Come on, you know that's not what's going on. Tell it like it is.

I'm tired of all the drama, and I quit Minetest. This isn't temporary. I'm still available on #minetest, but I no longer have anything to do with the game itself.

Chinchow

by Chinchow » Post

Well goodbye 0gb.us it was nice knowing you.
Sometimes, it's harder to think up a mod than it is to create it.
Mods: Orichalcum Stonebricks Extra Chests

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

Cha. Hope you change your mind and come back. I will miss ya
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Post

Hmm. And a few hours later, I decide to come back. Go figure.

But rarkenin is still in charge, not me.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

0gb.us wrote:Hmm. And a few hours later, I decide to come back. Go figure.

Oh thank goodness. Wild you still be playing on your server?
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Post

jojoa1997 wrote:
0gb.us wrote:Hmm. And a few hours later, I decide to come back. Go figure.

Oh thank goodness. Wild you still be playing on your server?
Not really. Not unless we make some major changes, but that's no likely to happen.

marzin

by marzin » Post

You can remove my claims (nickname: marzin), because I forgot my password so I can't play on this server.

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Post

marzin wrote:You can remove my claims (nickname: marzin), because I forgot my password so I can't play on this server.
If you want, we can reset your password, so you can use your account again.

EDIT: Let us know when you'll be around to take back your account. It would be best to be around when the password is cleared, so we don't leave you account without a password for long.
Last edited by 0gb.us on Thu Apr 18, 2013 22:46, edited 1 time in total.

Bearbar123

by Bearbar123 » Post

I will be giving tours to new players if we can get bring up. Once we do just send me a pm on here if you want a tour.

quick.dudley

by quick.dudley » Post

A couple of the times I've been on this server I haven't been able to leave the chunk containing the spawn location. Is that because my internet connection is slow or is there another reason?

ungali
IRC: ungali
In-game: ungali

by ungali » Post

I've got a house for sale in High Royale, it's two story with a deck on top.
Minetest needs better music. And puppies.

PenguinDad

by PenguinDad » Post

ungali wrote:I've got a house for sale in High Royale, it's two story with a deck on top.
Maybe i'll buy it.
But what's the price?

BorisGrishenko

by BorisGrishenko » Post

The server seems a bit abandoned nowadays...
Hi, I'm this guy at his home somewhere in a very hot place.
Currently working on houses based in real and virtual worlds.
Judge Minister Claude Frollo should be a Disney Prince.

jammr

by jammr » Post

BorisGrishenko wrote:The server seems a bit abandoned nowadays...
The last time I logged on I was by myself. I wonder what happened to everyone.

Bearbar123

by Bearbar123 » Post

idk, eveyone just dissaperead

nextmissinglink

by nextmissinglink » Post

for some reason it just stays on connecting to server for me
IF in doubt hit it with a hammer
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply id10t ERROR
do not abuse me i am 11 and i like hitting things with a hammer that may include you
this is ment to be secret http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php ... 467#p86467