[Server] VanessaE's Creative Server [5.4.0]

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

Re: [Server] VanessaE's Creative Server [5.1.0-dev]

by VanessaE » Post

It's been discussed to death. Below is the github discussion, linked to the part where I proposed AND SUPPLIED altered models and skin guides, and an proceedure that can be done entirely in Lua to choose which of the three model/skin formats is needed: https://github.com/minetest/minetest_ga ... -504793140

All that's needed is some code to glue it all together into a skin library everyone can use. But.. dictator Paramat says "no".
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

superMinecraftL
GitHub: Arduino5144
In-game: leonard

by superMinecraftL » Post

I need access to the South Street High-Griefing Area to make an intersection to a road I'm building.
It will be at approximately -304 26 -4103.
My username is: leonard

Also, I can't write on the sign in the Travelnet Exchange. My box is at -277 29 -6822.

How should I make roads? Are the rules the same as your Creative-building server? Please check where I will build the intersection, and check my road.

2424barrier
IRC: _424barrier
In-game: 2424barrier

by 2424barrier » Post

Hello VanessaE I was wondering if I could possibly have spill privilege on your sever. My username on the sever is 2424barrier thank you xx

2424barrier

by 2424barrier » Post

Hi, I have been playing with User11 on your creative server and someone has somehow managed to grief things that are protected. And things are griefed on my stuff, User11's stuff and MineDOT's stuff (South street high griefing area) (A streetlight has been removed.) I wonder if you could find out who did this? Thanks 2424barrier.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

If what went missing is black baked clay, that'll probably be my fault. I cleaned up a huge grief the other day and may have world-edited too much out. "Sorry about that, Chief."

Anything else will almost certainly be because an area thought to be protected isn't, or someone who has secondary access to the area is abusing their privilege.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

2424barrier

by 2424barrier » Post

Ok thx

2424barrier

by 2424barrier » Post

It doesn't explain a missing streetlight though...

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

In most cases, streetlights just aren't protected, probably just an oversight by whoever claimed the road or the nearby land or whatever. Just fix it and protect it. :-)

2424barrier

by 2424barrier » Post

I can't unfortunatly, I guess it doesn't matter :) . (The streetlight is on south street high-griefing area)

2424barrier

by 2424barrier » Post

(There is one missing)

computerfan0
In-game: computerfan0

by computerfan0 » Post

Somebody tore up my public road "Magnum Bridge" and the connecting "Celeron Road". I did fix them, but I'm wondering: is destroying non-protected roads and buildings grieving?

(They also demolished my Inspiration Hall but that was a disaster waiting to happen)

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

computerfan0 wrote: Somebody tore up my public road "Magnum Bridge" and the connecting "Celeron Road". I did fix them, but I'm wondering: is destroying non-protected roads and buildings grieving?
In general, it is. But it depends a bit. Roads are in general public so that they can be adjusted when needed - i.e. connecting new buildings and roads, perhaps even improving the road itself. That isn't griefing then.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Lesha_Vel
In-game: Lesha_Vel

Re: [Server] VanessaE's Creative Server [5.4.0]

by Lesha_Vel » Post

Hello, please remove protection block 158
by THISISIT at (79,7,-13)
and 159 at (76,7,5)
and 160 at (74,9,45)
this protection blocks are located on empty space and interfere building road

Lesha_Vel

by Lesha_Vel » Post

Hello again, I am sorry for disturbing, User Subway appropriated the tunnel I built, I didn't even finish it, I couldn't finish it for a long time because of the protection blocks from THISISIT, they were deleted, but not all, one was deleted after meeting with THISISIT on the server, Subway just deleted those blocks that I could not delete because of the protection block and assigned it to myself. area numbers: 415, 416, 417, 418 on Traintable, sorry for google translate

Lesha_Vel

by Lesha_Vel » Post

and despite the rule: /grantme spill tp_tpc on traintable

pheonixfire
In-game: pheonix

Re:

by pheonixfire » Post

pheonixfire wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2013 06:30
Could I get interact priv
username pheonix

thanks
pheonixfire
Hi Vanessa,
would it be possible to reenable my account?

It tells me that its the first time joining, I know that the username is correct since I went back through my
posts to find my request for interact

any help is appreciated
pheonixfire

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Likely, your account was deleted due to inactivity. A while back, went through and purged the servers of all accounts that had not been used in more than a year prior, as part of migrating players from the old text-files-based accounts to something more proper. I think that was around mid-2019, so any account not used since mid-2018 would have been deleted.

That was a one-time thing; we don't plan on anymore such purges. Also since then, the servers only keep new accounts for like a week, if the player doesn't go through the rules and get interact so that they can play. Helps further avoid the need for that sort of purge.

But, that's just your entries in the player accounts and inventory databases. Your buildings and possessions in the world will still be there, still owned by you, so once you do the rules thing (I assume by now, you have) you'll be good to go.

2424barrier

by 2424barrier » Post

I am having an issue with the vehicle_mash mod on your server as there are various cars littered around spawn and, generally scattered all over roads. Could you possibly fix this? Like, have a despawn timer? Thankyou

VanessaE

Moving on, new owner/host needed.

by VanessaE » Post

I am retiring from pretty much all Minetest activities, and so I'd like to pass my worlds on to someone else to host and run. I don't mean just the one that this topic covers, but rather all of them [1]. I'd like to think my worlds have had a good run, and am glad I was able to make and/or provide things others can enjoy, but it's time I move on. At the very least, it's time I got away from the whole hosting/admin/moderator gig.

All I ask is:
  1. The new owner/host and those he/she associates with must be in good standing with the Minetest community. This kinda goes without saying, I guess.
  2. He/she must be willing and able to run the world long term - I'm talking a year or more here, not just weeks or months.
  3. He/she must be willing to keep the world files strictly private, though it's okay to save Worldedit schematics of individual structures, and give those to the buildings' creators if they ask.
I think those requirements are fair.

Whoever seeks to take over doesn't have to take on all of my worlds if they're only interested in one or a few -- I'll spread the worlds around as needed.

The server machine that my worlds all run on is paid-up through January 6, after which it will be shut down entirely [2]. I will of course make a final backup of whatever worlds are left before the server machine goes down, so it'll still be possible to pass them on and relaunch them, if someone's interested but is late to the party.

Furthermore, the daconcepts.com domain which points to my server machine expires on or around December 13, and will cease working after that at some point [2], though the server machine's IP address will continue to work until it goes down entirely. If this domain or anything similar gets [re-]registered after this date, it will NOT be my doing.

Rather than contact me here on the forum, please instead /msg me on Libera IRC if you're interested in taking over.

[1] The affected worlds are Dreambuilder Creative (i.e. this topic), Dreambuilder Survival, Traintable, Bananaland, Nodecore, and Creative Building. My Basic-Plus and Chaos worlds, as well as Minetest Zeno, have been shut down and stored-away already. They were all but dead anyway, but they're also available if someone wants to host them.
[2] I have no idea how long the server machine or the domain will actually continue to work after my contracts for them expire. Could be hours, could be weeks, 😛 but the worlds will definitely be completely inaccessible after Jan. 6, unless someone takes over.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Update: this server (Dreambuilder Creative) and most of my others will be taken-over and hosted by Edgy1, with various other parties actually running/managing them.

The daconcepts.com domain is now also owned by him and points to his servers, although the Minetest instances will likely all have different port numbers and whatnot.

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

uh?
sad to hear
will be missing you
it was the moretrees mod that once got me interested in minetest sometime early 2013
had great times on your servers
will try to keep visiting them, wherever they go
now and then, er, at least once a year .....

nomore poking around on daconcepts?

hope you keep on joining minetest servers/forum/irc now and then
keep well and thanks for letting me enjoy your worlds for so long

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

will be missing you
I'll still be around in chats and such, playing once in a while maybe, etc.
nomore poking around on daconcepts?
Well there wasn't much left on the web-side of things of the domain for a long time anyways, so I don't know that there's much "poking" to do anyway. Since Edgy1 pointed the domain at my former servers, I don't suppose most people will notice a difference.

JIGIx
In-game: JIGIx

by JIGIx » Post

Somebody crashed a car in one of my buildings. I don't know how to get rid of it. Seems like car crashing is a brand new way of griefing...

DarkSide
IRC: DarkSide
In-game: DarkSide

by DarkSide » Post

Hi Vanessa,
did i need request all server privs?
I am on Dreambuilder Survival and were i fund ground informations of that server that i need to know.
No grieffing are normal. ;-)
Cya DarkSide <--- Be a light in the darkness --->

Bulo

by Bulo » Post

I hope the new owner will not change a lot...
I'm going to finish my building - in the future - it's located at 327,27,413