[Server] VanessaE's Creative Server [5.4.0]

Andrey01
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01

Re: [Server] VanessaE's Creative Server [git]

by Andrey01 » Post

Hi, Vanessa, you should install mods: Advanced Trains and Vehicles, because in your server many long car and rail ways, and don`t have cars and trains

Technory
GitHub: TechnoryGaming
IRC: TG TechonryGaming
In-game: TechnoryGaming

by Technory » Post

I know this may be a long shot, but I was wondering if it would be possible to apply to be a moderator? I am very responsible and have never griefed on a Minetest server.
In the odessy of searching a minetest free server with mods

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

hehe

first rule to become a moderator:

never ask to be made a moderator!

garywhite
GitHub: garywhite207
IRC: same as MT name
In-game: garywhite garywhite1

by garywhite » Post

twoelk wrote:hehe

first rule to become a moderator:

never ask to be made a moderator!
Ditto...I learned that the hard way...

scottvee
In-game: scottvee

by scottvee » Post

I stopped by for a bit today. Really nice to just walk/fly around and see what everyone has built. Some pretty normal buildings, and some truly weird stuff. Then I tried to learn what all the different blocks were, and which mods added which nodes. Naturally, I got there 15 minutes before your nightly outage. When I signed back in later, I was in a gray blank space, unable to move. Will try again.

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

My apologies for the uncustomary delay in answering, folks.

scottvee: that's an engine bug I've been dealing with for a good long while. When you get that glitch, just "exit to menu", wait a few seconds, and try to sign on again. It may take a few tries before it works right. You'll know it's working if the map continues to load normally after you've been on for a few seconds or so.

Andrey01, I don't intend to add that mod at this time. And, please don't repeat yourself.

Technory, no I will not make you a moderator.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

garywhite
GitHub: garywhite207
IRC: same as MT name
In-game: garywhite garywhite1

by garywhite » Post

Also, Technory's most recent post copied word for word one of my earlier posts on this thread.
VanessaE: Please change first post to say "We are not looking for more moderators or admins at this time, so don't ask", I think it may put an end to this.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Jeez, I didn't even catch that. :-/ In any case, good idea.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Jeez, I didn't even catch that. :-/ In any case, good idea.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

The reboot time for this server has been shifted to 6:00 AM US Eastern Daylight time (11:00 AM CET).

Michael Eh?

Re: [Server] VanessaE's Creative Server [0.4.16]

by Michael Eh? » Post

Good to see the server thriving...

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

Hi, Vanessa! I want to know why you don`t want to add Advtrains and Vehicles mods here.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I haven't played around with any trains mods, but regular vehicles (cars etc) have the problem that players just leave them scattered around, often "parking" them on protected areas, where the owners of said areas then can't delete them.

Basically, clutter. Plus, if the server lags, vehicles will lag too, making them all but useless.

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

VanessaE wrote:I haven't played around with any trains mods, but regular vehicles (cars etc) have the problem that players just leave them scattered around, often "parking" them on protected areas, where the owners of said areas then can't delete them.

Basically, clutter. Plus, if the server lags, vehicles will lag too, making them all but useless.
But it won`t happen with trains and nobody can scatter their as they set on the rails. If you have not tested this mod yet, here`s link: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14726

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I will admit, that mod looks impressive. I'll consider adding it.

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

VanessaE wrote:I will admit, that mod looks impressive. I'll consider adding it.
Have you tested that mod or not yet?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I have not tested it. No time.

I tested it. I like the concept, but in-game use just didn't work out as well as the author intended. It works, but it's too complicated in my opinion, and has too many issues. I've left some comments in the appropriate thread.

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

VanessaE wrote:I have not tested it. No time.

I tested it. I like the concept, but in-game use just didn't work out as well as the author intended. It works, but it's too complicated in my opinion, and has too many issues. I've left some comments in the appropriate thread.
Then what about Advanced Carts ? It is more simple mod and no so hard as Advanced Trains.

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Post

Clean up at 625,35,-320... Ben laid down a bunch of protector blocks then doust the area in liquid chernobolyte. Got most of the mess near there.

Another one at 300,85,-45 ... can't remove due to it's on protected area

Cleaned up 385,50,-115...

Noticed some things on fire?! One tree has nothing but pine cones left. Another tree and wool statue burning... put them out.

SIGH!

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

I had noticed most trees where gone in the little park at the swimmingpool house on the other roadside of my Northern Inn. Even the trees that I had built node by node. I couldn't pinpoint a date as I haven't been to that place for quite a few weeks. I thought though this might have been related to some mode update or similar. If only this server was easier for me to access :-(

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Post

I thought fire was disabled but maybe an update has glitched that. I put out and cleaned up what I could find.

Everybody keep an eye out for more trouble.

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

Hi, Vanessa. I just want to ask you about are you going to add Advtrains mod to your servers? I know you asked for some fixes and changes in Advtrains thread to the mod`s author. Has he told you anything about it?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I don't recall seeing any fixes, but I haven't been watching that mod lately.

Enrikoo
GitHub: Enrikoo
IRC: Enrico - Enricoo - Enrlco
In-game: Enrico - Enriko

by Enrikoo » Post

IRC: If you want to go shout on IRC, join on InchraNet then type in channel name #ve-servers

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

WARNING:

Someone is redirecting traffic from IP address 104.250.138.199 to my servers on daconcepts.com.

I don't know how, or why (it may be an attempt by someone to frame me for bot activity), but if you see that IP address in your logs, IT IS NOT FROM daconcepts.com! Unless you all hear directly from me here or on IRC, my server's IP address is 188.165.239.81, and NOTHING else (to my knowledge).

If you suspect malicious activity from any IP, I highly advise you look up what host actually owns the IP address, ignore any domain name that seems (or is claimed) to be associated with the IP, and contact that host's abuse department. In this instance, that would be https://www.gorillaservers.com/contact.php as they are the owners of the malicious IP address. I would appreciate it if you do not mention me or daconcepts.com, since doing so may confuse the issue, and clearly neither I nor my servers are associated with any malicious activity of any kind.

I have already discussed the issue with my host and have raised an abuse complaint with the offending host.

I have not, to my recollection, authorized any redirects, proxies, alternate DNS services, other domain names, or any other unusual resources to point at my server, except as may pertain to individual minetest instances or services that I host for a few trusted individuals.