[Server] VanessaE's Creative Server [5.4.0]

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Sure, what are the coordinates you want it placed at?
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

pheonixfire
In-game: pheonix

by pheonixfire » Post

VanessaE wrote:Sure, what are the coordinates you want it placed at?
any where in orbit near the spaceport is fine, I don't have anywhere in particular
in mind

any help is appreciated
pheonixfire

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Since no one plays on this server much anymore, I propose merging its map with that of my Survival server (viewtopic.php?id=7017). The Survival server's map will remain at the center of the world, while this map will be positioned such that the Creative map's spawn building is approximately 6.6 km west-southwest of the Survival's spawn.

[combined-maps image deleted since we're not gonna actually do this]

No structures will be lost or damaged on either map.

The following changes will occur:
* Player inventories from this server will be emptied out.
* All player accounts on this server will be transferred to the Survival server.
* All players' privileges will be reset to the defaults found on the Survival server.

* Travelnet and areas mod protection data will be offset to follow the repositioning of the Creative map, but I can't guarantee I'll get this right. If someone can write a script that will do this, I'd appreciate it.

I'd like to hear everyone's opinions, but I'm leaning pretty heavily toward merging the maps. Answer the poll in the first post if you like (only "yes", "no" or "undecided" only - do not use the first three options), but please leave your opinions on the SURVIVAL server's thread, not this one.
Last edited by VanessaE on Sun Sep 29, 2013 14:51, edited 1 time in total.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Post

The real problem of this is the map gets really difficult to trasverse. I could see a travelnet between spawns (Old creative and new survival) However having mob hell loose on creative side is problematic. Like under chessboard where I built over desert sand, it would become horde or snad mobs in a confine space with several corridors. I would have to flood the place to clear them out then drown trying. So I've removed all the desert sand to save the headache later. Now i'm forced to finish what I put off for under chessboard which will take time.

I had one suggestion that either people can pay to have their stuff moved to survival or have a dual world under one server with portal between both.

As of now, I'm mob proofing my constructs on creative. The Centre Road Project is on hold but I've added some telnet boxes so I'm not spending so much time walking between sites. I've also decide for large patches of water I'm not building a bridge but having a telnet boxes to bridge the gaps over large bodies of water. Each bridge will be it's own network.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I've decided it is best to NOT merge the two servers. It occurred to me today that the two are simply too different in nature to merge them.

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

VanessaE wrote:I've decided it is best to NOT merge the two servers. It occurred to me today that the two are simply too different in nature to merge them.
You have chosen well, VanessaE.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Update: Plantlife updated to include Bushes Classic mod, added Gardening and Bees mods.

THEGGABOOK77

by THEGGABOOK77 » Post

Can i have interact?
and too, what version of the minetest you use for the server?
Please,answer.
Last edited by THEGGABOOK77 on Mon Sep 30, 2013 23:49, edited 1 time in total.
190.31.223.213 : 30000 Is my Modern House server (Creative) And Totally Free
Join Now!
My Stuff
MY MODS: City Elements-Funny Signs

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

As it says in the first post, the server runs a git build, which is kept up-to-date. My last pull was a couple of days ago, but any git build that is less than a month old or so should work. 0.4.7 stable/release will not work.

Meanwhile, interact granted as Theggabook77.

THEGGABOOK77

by THEGGABOOK77 » Post

VanessaE wrote:As it says in the first post, the server runs a git build, which is kept up-to-date. My last pull was a couple of days ago, but any git build that is less than a month old or so should work. 0.4.7 stable/release will not work.

Meanwhile, interact granted as Theggabook77.
Okey, that's why I could not go, as I have the version 0.4.6, 0.4.4, 0.4.3 and 0.3.1.
And thanks for giving interact.
190.31.223.213 : 30000 Is my Modern House server (Creative) And Totally Free
Join Now!
My Stuff
MY MODS: City Elements-Funny Signs

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Update: The IRC channel for my servers has been changed to irc.inchra.net #minetest

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Technic's item_drop and stu's wield3d model have been removed from the server, as they were both causing crashes.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I've updated and re-added Stu's wield3d model. Hopefully no more crashes.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Added DanDuncombe's animated furnaces and mushrooms mods (except the giant mushrooms are disabled).

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Added ShadowNinja's bedrock mod (generates down at -30912 where it belongs).

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Update: Added undergrowth modpack and grasses/dryplants mod.

thatoneguy

by thatoneguy » Post

could you grant access to your creative server for me?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Granted.

wraith

by wraith » Post

may i have interact privileges on both creative and survivel
ingame name wraith
Last edited by wraith on Sat Nov 02, 2013 17:38, edited 1 time in total.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Interact granted.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Error report: Today, the server's map experienced an internal error that I could neither trace nor correct. Something tried to force the map to generate beyond the usual boundaries, causing the engine to think the database was corrupted.

I was forced to restore the map from this morning's backup.

I'm sure this nuked someone's structure somewhere today - Sorry for the inconvenience.

HerobraineNPC

by HerobraineNPC » Post

Lol ¿Cómo consiguió eso Vanessa

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

(google translated that to, "lol how did that vanessa")

I am not sure at all how it happened.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Update: This server has been moved off of my personal hardware and onto a proper VPS in "the cloud" where it belongs. :-)

bulldog1
IRC: bulldog1
In-game: bulldog1

by bulldog1 » Post

why is this topic dead?
Join one of the largest companies in Minetest! Send your resume or tell us of your interest at hr@bulldogindustriescenter.com and visit our website http://www.bulldogindustriescenter.com