[Server] VanessaE's Creative Server [5.4.0]

gsbhasin123
GitHub: gsbhasin123
In-game: codic

Re: [Server] VanessaE's Creative Server [5.1.0-dev]

by gsbhasin123 » Post

Good evening everyone;
I was recently banned for "griefing" on this server. However, I was not even aware of the definition of greifing until now. I really liked this server but am new to gaming. I think I was banned because I accidentally destroyed part of someone's statue - but I was not aware it was not allowed; I was merely trying to light the area up since it was night. My ingame name is codic. The statue was created by zalera
Last edited by gsbhasin123 on Mon Jul 29, 2019 00:47, edited 1 time in total.

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

gsbhasin123 wrote:Hey to the admins/moderators of this server;
I was recently banned for "griefing" on this server. However, I was not even aware of the definition of greifing until now.
From the server's rules file shown to everyone on first join, to which one MUST agree in order to play:
1. No griefing or otherwise intentionally damaging other players' structures.
[...]
IN SHORT: Don't be a jerk
No one needs to explain that.

You even claimed responsibility for it in-chat:
[07-27 04:13] <codic@VCrt> Zalera: you didnt protect all your statues so I may have accidentally destroyed a part... XD
"accidentally" is clearly sarcasm here (otherwise one can assume you would have just fixed it and apologized). The ban stands.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

gsbhasin123

by gsbhasin123 » Post

VanessaE wrote:
gsbhasin123 wrote:Hey to the admins/moderators of this server;
I was recently banned for "griefing" on this server. However, I was not even aware of the definition of greifing until now.
From the server's rules file shown to everyone on first join, to which one MUST agree in order to play:
1. No griefing or otherwise intentionally damaging other players' structures.
[...]
IN SHORT: Don't be a jerk
No one needs to explain that.

You even claimed responsibility for it in-chat:
[07-27 04:13] <codic@VCrt> Zalera: you didnt protect all your statues so I may have accidentally destroyed a part... XD
"accidentally" is clearly sarcasm here (otherwise one can assume you would have just fixed it and apologized). The ban stands.
No, I am not being sarcastic. I was trying to light up the area with Nyan Cat Rainbow blocks
Again, I did not "intentionally" damage the other player's creations.
I apologize for any trouble I may have caused. I totally understand if you want to continue to ban me, but please reconsider.

deezl
GitHub: deezl
IRC: deezl
In-game: deezl

by deezl » Post

I instituted that ban based on rollback records indicating removal of various blocks in Zalera's statue. If it was truly an accident, I'm ok with removing the ban.

gsbhasin123

by gsbhasin123 » Post

It was and I admit I did remove the blocks. The server was awesome and I learned my lesson (what griefing is). Please consider removing the ban. I understand the need for moderating, but it was truly an accident

deezl

by deezl » Post

Ok, the ban is lifted.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Such accidents can happen easily for beginners. When I started to play (was MC creative back then), I wasn't familiar with the controls either and had to break blocks to get out of some holes I fell into (tried to replace them as well as I could). It takes some time to learn how to move around and to handle darkness and light sources. It is even more difficult with a mobile phone or tablet. This may sometimes be extremly difficult to distinguish from random griefing.
gsbhasin123 wrote: I was trying to light up the area with Nyan Cat Rainbow blocks
I'm glad the issue could be resolved and hope to see nice buildings from you once you got accustomed to how MT works.
A list of my mods can be found here.

gsbhasin123

by gsbhasin123 » Post

Thanks everyone!

Zalera
GitHub: Zalera
IRC: Zalera
In-game: Zalera

by Zalera » Post

ヾ(^∇^ )
Attachments
Opera Snapshot_2019-07-29_062807_forum.minetest.net.png
Opera Snapshot_2019-07-29_062807_forum.minetest.net.png (197.64 KiB) Viewed 1715 times

gsbhasin123

by gsbhasin123 » Post

erm... what now?
oh your statues

Zalera

by Zalera » Post

gsbhasin123 wrote:erm... what now?
oh your statues
https://daconcepts.com/vanessa/hobbies/ ... 6896.62500

Zalera

by Zalera » Post

There are no rules about the kind of language that you can speak on this server. Then why the moderators are kicking me out?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

It's supposed to be stated in the server's rules, but I guess it isn't (well, it is now). You were already warned once to speak English in the public chat, and to use /msg if you must speak some other language.

Otherwise my admins and I can't do our jobs, and we do NOT have the resources to handle more than one language.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Miniontoby
GitHub: Miniontoby
IRC: Miniontoby
In-game: Miniontoby

by Miniontoby » Post

Please add my doorbell mod to this server.
Working on mtctl ---- Check my mod "Doorbell" -- Stay safe

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Why? Home Decor is on this server, and it already has a doorbell (though it doesn't do anything other than make a sound).

Miniontoby
GitHub: Miniontoby
IRC: Miniontoby
In-game: Miniontoby

by Miniontoby » Post

My doorbell have a mesecons doorbell, a digilines doorbell and a 3d doorbell
Working on mtctl ---- Check my mod "Doorbell" -- Stay safe

DeathGOD7
In-game: DeathGOD7

by DeathGOD7 » Post

Hello, Admins and Moderator of this server.
I played this server about a week ago. But I forgot my login password.

username : deathgod7
pw : forgot [ : ( ]

Is there any chance I can reset my password?
Thank You.
To Infinity And Beyond

Zalera

by Zalera » Post

anything that happens to my account it's your business: VanessaE - in Bananaland server I logged in, and I found that my inventory changed. That seems to be very suspicious. Anything that happens to my account it's NOT MY business... I'm very concerned what it's happening to my account - it seems if like someone would use my account. And this is on topic, because I'm very concerned about my account in Dreambuilder as well...

Festus1965
GitHub: Festus1965
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer

by Festus1965 » Post

Zalera wrote:... I'm very concerned about my account in Dreambuilder as well...
then
* change your password, and take different in every server
as I am sure admin is not interested in your account anyway !!!
(most time, guess 90% of this, was sister, brother, "good" friend ... or hacker)
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

What happens by the use of your account is 100% YOUR responsibility. Non-negotiable. Period.

Neither I nor my admins will accept the idea of blaming some damage done with your account as being the fault of some sibling, other family member, friend, "hacker", etc., as Festus mentioned. In other words, if your account is implicated (by way of rollback-check or a highly credible witness) in griefing or looting or some other thing, it's YOUR fault regardless of who you claim did it.

It is not up to admins to manage your passwords or who has access to your accounts, because we simply do not have access to users' passwords (they are stored encrypted).

If you use the same password on two or more servers, it's entirely YOUR FAULT if someone figures out that password and wreaks havoc in your name.

Zalera

by Zalera » Post

VanessaE wrote:What happens by the use of your account is 100% YOUR responsibility. Non-negotiable. Period.

Neither I nor my admins will accept the idea of blaming some damage done with your account as being the fault of some sibling, other family member, friend, "hacker", etc., as Festus mentioned. In other words, if your account is implicated (by way of rollback-check or a highly credible witness) in griefing or looting or some other thing, it's YOUR fault regardless of who you claim did it.

It is not up to admins to manage your passwords or who has access to your accounts, because we simply do not have access to users' passwords (they are stored encrypted).

If you use the same password on two or more servers, it's entirely YOUR FAULT if someone figures out that password and wreaks havoc in your name.
`

It's not my responsibility when I see protected areas (Area_mod) with my name - protected areas that I never protected.

Reading this threatening sign who in the SPAWN straight to the north where it is my property - that's awful. And I am a newby in Bananaland Server when this sign was added. I don't know if you consent with your moderators about this.

Then I logged in to the server, and what do I see? Oh, all my inventory changed...
That's not my fault.

deezl

by deezl » Post

Griping about that sign is just silly. It's a joke because so many people log into a server, and then just sit there at spawn doing nothing. That sign was at the original spawn, from the server's inception, long before VanessaE had anything to do with it.

aracnus
GitHub: aracnus
IRC: aracnus
In-game: aracnus

by aracnus » Post

Hi Vanessa (or any other admin). Is it possible to have spill privileges on this server? I used to have it, long time ago, but now I don't. Thank you.

Festus1965
GitHub: Festus1965
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer

by Festus1965 » Post

Zalera wrote:It's not my responsibility when I see protected areas (Area_mod) with my name - protected areas that I never protected.
hmm
Yes, NOT, as other gamer can protect areas and /change_owner <id> <newOwner> it to your name.
NO, as you can take requests from this area neighbors, if they need space and your dont need this area, so friendly release it with /select_area ID and then /remove_area ID. (But this could also be done from admin, but YOU might know if they are needed.)
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

If Minetest's playermodels had arms that were only 3 x 3 pixels (not 3 x 4 or 4 x 4,) then choosing a good skin would be easier.