[Server] VanessaE's Creative Server [5.4.0]

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

(Google translated that to "Steep server!")

In English, please?
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

In order to clear out tons of old cruft out of my servers, I needed to clear out player inventories and accounts. In so doing, lots of legit players got caught up in the mess. I apologize for the inconvenience. Please, sign in once and either leave me a forum PM or a message on IRC, or send me a regular old fashioned Email, or just mention it here, and I'll restore your interact.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

crazyginger72
GitHub: crazyginger72
IRC: cg72
In-game: crazyginger72

by crazyginger72 » Post

May I have interact please (: name is same on game
Last edited by crazyginger72 on Wed Jan 01, 2014 07:59, edited 1 time in total.

aracnus
GitHub: aracnus
IRC: aracnus
In-game: aracnus

by aracnus » Post

VanessaE wrote:In order to clear out tons of old cruft out of my servers, I needed to clear out player inventories and accounts. In so doing, lots of legit players got caught up in the mess. I apologize for the inconvenience. Please, sign in once and either leave me a forum PM or a message on IRC, or send me a regular old fashioned Email, or just mention it here, and I'll restore your interact.
Hi Vanessa, I was one of the victims. :-(

Could you please restore my interaction both on creative and survival? And is it possible to recover my inventory on survival too? Or it is lost forever?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

No prob - done, and easily so. I kept the player files for all five servers in a backup dir. I just had to move them out of the servers' reach is all.

crazyginger72
GitHub: crazyginger72
IRC: cg72
In-game: crazyginger72

by crazyginger72 » Post

Hey logged on today now my interact is gone :( May i have it again please?

playzooki

by playzooki » Post

can i have interact back?
Last edited by playzooki on Thu Jan 02, 2014 21:57, edited 1 time in total.
bad signature is bad

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

No prob. Fixed for both :-)

playzooki

by playzooki » Post

VanessaE wrote:No prob. Fixed for both :-)
Thanks
bad signature is bad

Sergei

by Sergei » Post

ohh how to install latest NORMAL minetest (normal color of blocks and normal FPS)if you have send me please link
you've seen white rabbit?

aracnus
GitHub: aracnus
IRC: aracnus
In-game: aracnus

by aracnus » Post

Hi Vanessa. Sorry, I couldn't test it before. My inventory is OK, but I still don't have interaction. Could you please take a look on it?

rommiekerova
In-game: Andromeda

by rommiekerova » Post

Please may I have interact?
IGN: Andromeda

It seems I've been here before and completely forgot about it.
Sorry about that.
If the account AndromedaKerova still exists please delete it.
I'll only be using Andromeda.
My Mods: Kerova - viewtopic.php?id=8054
My Server: Kalisae - viewtopic.php?id=9040 <--CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Interact granted.

Rick2

by Rick2 » Post

VanessaE I could really use some help wiping out my computer, I am out of memory and can't download anything, as I am scared to delete and "Java" stuff that is large memory. I really just want to reset it to factory default. Could you maybe help me figure out how to do it?

Novacain

by Novacain » Post

Rick2 wrote:VanessaE I could really use some help wiping out my computer, I am out of memory and can't download anything, as I am scared to delete and "Java" stuff that is large memory. I really just want to reset it to factory default. Could you maybe help me figure out how to do it?
Sounds to me like this is the perfect time for an OS upgrade/switch. Ubuntu 13.04 (stable release) is out. If you decide to do this, I suggest storing personal files (photos, reports, homework, projects, etc) on a jumpdrive, possibly with a list of programs that you feel you must have once you finish the install.

Also, Ubuntu (or most other Linux distros) are fairly easy to set up, are free, and enable an increased amount of control over your environment.

If you are already on Linux, then you already know this.
EXTERMINATE!!!
My Tronrealm modpack
My tronblocks mod

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I don't really do support with "wiping" a PC because it's impossible for me to know what needs to be deleted and what does not, plus you need to have someone there with you, in person, while doing that. Better to take your PC to a professional who knows what to do, tell them to make a backup onto DVDs or USB thumbdrives, and wipe it clean if that's what you really want.

As for things like Java, Minetest doesn't use that, so unless you play that "other" game, about all that will likely affect is some websites that use the Java plug-in and maybe LibreOffice/OpenOffice if you have that.

Rick2

by Rick2 » Post

So I can just delete the java stuff then get Ubuntu? Because thats the whole reason I'm doing it.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

If your intent is to switch to Ubuntu, then you wouldn't generally need to delete anything at all, you could just let Ubuntu reformat your drive - that is, let it erase Windows entirely - and then install itself in place of it.

Still you need to make backups of your important files, regardless of what you do.

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

- 'out of memory' or out of hard disk space?
- I don't know much about this (so please correct me where wrong), but when you decide to reformat/wipe away windows, look up the registration key of Windows (It must be somewhere in one of the info parts) and write it down (if you don't have the original installation disk (anymore)). If for whatever reason you want to put back Windows, you're going to need it.

Rick2

by Rick2 » Post

Im out of hard disk space

Novacain

by Novacain » Post

Topywo is right, You would want to save your registration key for windows.

and in switching to ubuntu, I would suggest downloading it through windows, burning it to a series of CD's/DVD and possibly print out some instructions on it in case you get confused about something like swap space.

Or if you know a linux nerd in real life, you could ask them to assist. chances are they will be more than happy to help convert you to the ways of linux. also, if you do get ubuntu, install the Gnome shell and use that. it's a much more appealing interface.
EXTERMINATE!!!
My Tronrealm modpack
My tronblocks mod

Rick2

by Rick2 » Post

Well...i downloaded it and it did not work...i cant find the file on my computer so ubuntu sucks you can even use it i cant believe i went through all this trouble for something that doesnt even work

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Rick2 wrote:Well...i downloaded it and it did not work...i cant find the file on my computer so ubuntu sucks you can even use it i cant believe i went through all this trouble for something that doesnt even work
On YouTube, you can find tutorials for Ubuntu. Below is a link to one of them:
http://youtu.be/QGhx-u-c5Cg

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Ubuntu is not "a file" that you just "use". It is an operating system that you install in place of, or alongside, Windows. It is not meant as something you just launch and run like some random program.

Sorry if this comes off as harsh but I am a hard-ass about this: If you do not understand the basic concept of an operating system and especially how to install one (particularly how to replace your existing OS, or setting up a dual-boot system), you do not need to be running Ubuntu or any other flavor of Linux.

Installation of Ubuntu, and for that matter most other Linux distributions, is as simple as downloading the install image, writing it to a USB thumbdrive (or burn it to a DVD or CD), boot with that drive, and install. That's it. If you can't handle those basic steps, stick to Windows and get a computer expert to help you clear out some space on your system. Perhaps upgrade your hard drive if you are constantly short on storage.

I am an Xubuntu user. That is, Ubuntu with the XFCE desktop and much related artwork added on.

Rick2

by Rick2 » Post

Lol sorry for wasting your time, I'm just trying to get rid of Windows XP