[Server] VanessaE's Creative Server [5.1.0-dev]

gsbhasin123
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 00:30
GitHub: gsbhasin123
In-game: codic

Re: [Server] VanessaE's Creative Server [5.1.0-dev]

by gsbhasin123 » Post

Good evening everyone;
I was recently banned for "griefing" on this server. However, I was not even aware of the definition of greifing until now. I really liked this server but am new to gaming. I think I was banned because I accidentally destroyed part of someone's statue - but I was not aware it was not allowed; I was merely trying to light the area up since it was night. My ingame name is codic. The statue was created by zalera
Last edited by gsbhasin123 on Mon Jul 29, 2019 00:47, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
VanessaE
Moderator
Posts: 4500
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:38
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE
Location: Western NC
Contact:

Re: [Server] VanessaE's Creative Server [5.1.0-dev]

by VanessaE » Post

gsbhasin123 wrote:Hey to the admins/moderators of this server;
I was recently banned for "griefing" on this server. However, I was not even aware of the definition of greifing until now.
From the server's rules file shown to everyone on first join, to which one MUST agree in order to play:
1. No griefing or otherwise intentionally damaging other players' structures.
[...]
IN SHORT: Don't be a jerk
No one needs to explain that.

You even claimed responsibility for it in-chat:
[07-27 04:13] <codic@VCrt> Zalera: you didnt protect all your statues so I may have accidentally destroyed a part... XD
"accidentally" is clearly sarcasm here (otherwise one can assume you would have just fixed it and apologized). The ban stands.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

gsbhasin123
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 00:30
GitHub: gsbhasin123
In-game: codic

Re: [Server] VanessaE's Creative Server [5.1.0-dev]

by gsbhasin123 » Post

VanessaE wrote:
gsbhasin123 wrote:Hey to the admins/moderators of this server;
I was recently banned for "griefing" on this server. However, I was not even aware of the definition of greifing until now.
From the server's rules file shown to everyone on first join, to which one MUST agree in order to play:
1. No griefing or otherwise intentionally damaging other players' structures.
[...]
IN SHORT: Don't be a jerk
No one needs to explain that.

You even claimed responsibility for it in-chat:
[07-27 04:13] <codic@VCrt> Zalera: you didnt protect all your statues so I may have accidentally destroyed a part... XD
"accidentally" is clearly sarcasm here (otherwise one can assume you would have just fixed it and apologized). The ban stands.
No, I am not being sarcastic. I was trying to light up the area with Nyan Cat Rainbow blocks
Again, I did not "intentionally" damage the other player's creations.
I apologize for any trouble I may have caused. I totally understand if you want to continue to ban me, but please reconsider.

deezl
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:32
GitHub: deezl
IRC: deezl
In-game: deezl

Re: [Server] VanessaE's Creative Server [5.1.0-dev]

by deezl » Post

I instituted that ban based on rollback records indicating removal of various blocks in Zalera's statue. If it was truly an accident, I'm ok with removing the ban.

gsbhasin123
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 00:30
GitHub: gsbhasin123
In-game: codic

Re: [Server] VanessaE's Creative Server [5.1.0-dev]

by gsbhasin123 » Post

It was and I admit I did remove the blocks. The server was awesome and I learned my lesson (what griefing is). Please consider removing the ban. I understand the need for moderating, but it was truly an accident

deezl
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:32
GitHub: deezl
IRC: deezl
In-game: deezl

Re: [Server] VanessaE's Creative Server [5.1.0-dev]

by deezl » Post

Ok, the ban is lifted.

User avatar
Sokomine
Member
Posts: 4014
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 17:31
GitHub: Sokomine

Re: [Server] VanessaE's Creative Server [5.1.0-dev]

by Sokomine » Post

Such accidents can happen easily for beginners. When I started to play (was MC creative back then), I wasn't familiar with the controls either and had to break blocks to get out of some holes I fell into (tried to replace them as well as I could). It takes some time to learn how to move around and to handle darkness and light sources. It is even more difficult with a mobile phone or tablet. This may sometimes be extremly difficult to distinguish from random griefing.
gsbhasin123 wrote: I was trying to light up the area with Nyan Cat Rainbow blocks
I'm glad the issue could be resolved and hope to see nice buildings from you once you got accustomed to how MT works.
A list of my mods can be found here.

gsbhasin123
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 00:30
GitHub: gsbhasin123
In-game: codic

Re: [Server] VanessaE's Creative Server [5.1.0-dev]

by gsbhasin123 » Post

Thanks everyone!

User avatar
Zalera
Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2019 01:46
GitHub: Zalera
IRC: Zalera
In-game: Zalera

Re: [Server] VanessaE's Creative Server [5.1.0-dev]

by Zalera » Post

Image

ヾ(^∇^ )
Attachments
Opera Snapshot_2019-07-29_062807_forum.minetest.net.png
(197.64 KiB) Not downloaded yet

gsbhasin123
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 00:30
GitHub: gsbhasin123
In-game: codic

Re: [Server] VanessaE's Creative Server [5.1.0-dev]

by gsbhasin123 » Post

erm... what now?
oh your statues

User avatar
Zalera
Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2019 01:46
GitHub: Zalera
IRC: Zalera
In-game: Zalera

Re: [Server] VanessaE's Creative Server [5.1.0-dev]

by Zalera » Post

gsbhasin123 wrote:erm... what now?
oh your statues
https://daconcepts.com/vanessa/hobbies/ ... 6896.62500

User avatar
Zalera
Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2019 01:46
GitHub: Zalera
IRC: Zalera
In-game: Zalera

Re: [Server] VanessaE's Creative Server [5.1.0-dev]

by Zalera » Post

There are no rules about the kind of language that you can speak on this server. Then why the moderators are kicking me out?

User avatar
VanessaE
Moderator
Posts: 4500
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:38
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE
Location: Western NC
Contact:

Re: [Server] VanessaE's Creative Server [5.1.0-dev]

by VanessaE » Post

It's supposed to be stated in the server's rules, but I guess it isn't (well, it is now). You were already warned once to speak English in the public chat, and to use /msg if you must speak some other language.

Otherwise my admins and I can't do our jobs, and we do NOT have the resources to handle more than one language.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

User avatar
Miniontoby
Member
Posts: 372
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 19:25
IRC: Miniontoby
In-game: Miniontoby
Location: The Netherlands

Re: [Server] VanessaE's Creative Server [5.1.0-dev]

by Miniontoby » Post

Please add my doorbell mod to this server.
My English isn't very good because I'm Dutch ---- Check my mod "Doorbell"

User avatar
VanessaE
Moderator
Posts: 4500
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:38
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE
Location: Western NC
Contact:

Re: [Server] VanessaE's Creative Server [5.1.0-dev]

by VanessaE » Post

Why? Home Decor is on this server, and it already has a doorbell (though it doesn't do anything other than make a sound).
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

User avatar
Miniontoby
Member
Posts: 372
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 19:25
IRC: Miniontoby
In-game: Miniontoby
Location: The Netherlands

Re: [Server] VanessaE's Creative Server [5.1.0-dev]

by Miniontoby » Post

My doorbell have a mesecons doorbell, a digilines doorbell and a 3d doorbell
My English isn't very good because I'm Dutch ---- Check my mod "Doorbell"

User avatar
DeathGOD7
New member
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:06
In-game: DeathGOD7

Re: [Server] VanessaE's Creative Server [5.1.0-dev]

by DeathGOD7 » Post

Hello, Admins and Moderator of this server.
I played this server about a week ago. But I forgot my login password.

username : deathgod7
pw : forgot [ : ( ]

Is there any chance I can reset my password?
Thank You.
To Infinity And Beyond

User avatar
Zalera
Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2019 01:46
GitHub: Zalera
IRC: Zalera
In-game: Zalera

Re: [Server] VanessaE's Creative Server [5.1.0-dev]

by Zalera » Post

anything that happens to my account it's your business: VanessaE - in Bananaland server I logged in, and I found that my inventory changed. That seems to be very suspicious. Anything that happens to my account it's NOT MY business... I'm very concerned what it's happening to my account - it seems if like someone would use my account. And this is on topic, because I'm very concerned about my account in Dreambuilder as well...

User avatar
Festus1965
Member
Posts: 1225
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:58
In-game: Thomas Explorer Thailand
Location: Thailand - Chiang Mai (+5-6h to MEZ)
Contact:

Re: [Server] VanessaE's Creative Server [5.1.0-dev]

by Festus1965 » Post

Zalera wrote:... I'm very concerned about my account in Dreambuilder as well...
then
* change your password, and take different in every server
as I am sure admin is not interested in your account anyway !!!
(most time, guess 90% of this, was sister, brother, "good" friend ... or hacker)
Server: still up, see some gamer - but there is a new 1st important thread "climate change" for me.

User avatar
VanessaE
Moderator
Posts: 4500
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:38
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE
Location: Western NC
Contact:

Re: [Server] VanessaE's Creative Server [5.1.0-dev]

by VanessaE » Post

What happens by the use of your account is 100% YOUR responsibility. Non-negotiable. Period.

Neither I nor my admins will accept the idea of blaming some damage done with your account as being the fault of some sibling, other family member, friend, "hacker", etc., as Festus mentioned. In other words, if your account is implicated (by way of rollback-check or a highly credible witness) in griefing or looting or some other thing, it's YOUR fault regardless of who you claim did it.

It is not up to admins to manage your passwords or who has access to your accounts, because we simply do not have access to users' passwords (they are stored encrypted).

If you use the same password on two or more servers, it's entirely YOUR FAULT if someone figures out that password and wreaks havoc in your name.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

User avatar
Zalera
Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2019 01:46
GitHub: Zalera
IRC: Zalera
In-game: Zalera

Re: [Server] VanessaE's Creative Server [5.1.0-dev]

by Zalera » Post

VanessaE wrote:What happens by the use of your account is 100% YOUR responsibility. Non-negotiable. Period.

Neither I nor my admins will accept the idea of blaming some damage done with your account as being the fault of some sibling, other family member, friend, "hacker", etc., as Festus mentioned. In other words, if your account is implicated (by way of rollback-check or a highly credible witness) in griefing or looting or some other thing, it's YOUR fault regardless of who you claim did it.

It is not up to admins to manage your passwords or who has access to your accounts, because we simply do not have access to users' passwords (they are stored encrypted).

If you use the same password on two or more servers, it's entirely YOUR FAULT if someone figures out that password and wreaks havoc in your name.
`

It's not my responsibility when I see protected areas (Area_mod) with my name - protected areas that I never protected.

Reading this threatening sign who in the SPAWN straight to the north where it is my property - that's awful. And I am a newby in Bananaland Server when this sign was added. I don't know if you consent with your moderators about this.

Image

Then I logged in to the server, and what do I see? Oh, all my inventory changed...
That's not my fault.

deezl
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:32
GitHub: deezl
IRC: deezl
In-game: deezl

Re: [Server] VanessaE's Creative Server [5.1.0-dev]

by deezl » Post

Griping about that sign is just silly. It's a joke because so many people log into a server, and then just sit there at spawn doing nothing. That sign was at the original spawn, from the server's inception, long before VanessaE had anything to do with it.

User avatar
aracnus
Member
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 01:09
GitHub: aracnus
IRC: aracnus
In-game: aracnus
Location: Belo Horizonte - MG - Brazil
Contact:

Re: [Server] VanessaE's Creative Server [5.1.0-dev]

by aracnus » Post

Hi Vanessa (or any other admin). Is it possible to have spill privileges on this server? I used to have it, long time ago, but now I don't. Thank you.

User avatar
Festus1965
Member
Posts: 1225
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:58
In-game: Thomas Explorer Thailand
Location: Thailand - Chiang Mai (+5-6h to MEZ)
Contact:

Re: [Server] VanessaE's Creative Server [5.1.0-dev]

by Festus1965 » Post

Zalera wrote:It's not my responsibility when I see protected areas (Area_mod) with my name - protected areas that I never protected.
hmm
Yes, NOT, as other gamer can protect areas and /change_owner <id> <newOwner> it to your name.
NO, as you can take requests from this area neighbors, if they need space and your dont need this area, so friendly release it with /select_area ID and then /remove_area ID. (But this could also be done from admin, but YOU might know if they are needed.)
Server: still up, see some gamer - but there is a new 1st important thread "climate change" for me.

User avatar
Inocudom
Member
Posts: 3085
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 01:14
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

Re: [Server] VanessaE's Creative Server [5.1.0-dev]

by Inocudom » Post

If Minetest's playermodels had arms that were only 3 x 3 pixels (not 3 x 4 or 4 x 4,) then choosing a good skin would be easier.
You can now find my videos at BitChute: https://www.bitchute.com/channel/some_cheeky_jinuskian/

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest