I have decided, that I will be hosting a Minetest Quick Build Challenge, for both entertainment purposes and also to attempt to raise the profile of Minetest itself, which some of the players throughout the community have been pondering for a couple of weeks. VanessaE has kindly agreed to allow me to have an arena on her server, with some strict guidelines, of that whatever happens at the arena against the rules of the server must not be repeated elsewhere and to other player's constructions.
- A player will decide to compete in the Challenge. (They must either tell me what build they want when asking to compete, or just before we start)
- I will video myself building my build, I will entertain the audience in the meantime. And then we will go over the builds at the end of the challenge.
- I will then render it to a HD format, including a sizzling intro title and then upload it to youtube.
- You will then vote accordingly to how I say in the video.
- I will then count the votes and record who wins, which will be announced at the start of the next video, and the scoreboard will be updated then and there.
- Each player must build inside their OWN arena.
- You are able to build in the air and go outside with your build, but not into the opponent's side.
- Each player must stay inside their own arena on the ground, but can build underground too.
- You are able to fly outside, but again, not into your opponent's side.
Here is a picture of a sample arena:
Update: This sample arena looks nothing like the final arena which has been built on VanessaE's server.
Season 1 Challenges:
1st Challenge: Vs jojoa1997, between 5:30-6:30 Approx (GMT), Monday 31st December 2012
2nd Challenge: Up for grabs!
3rd Challenge: Up for grabs!
4th Challenge: Up for grabs!
5th Challenge: Up for grabs!
6th Challenge: Up for grabs!
7th Challenge: Up for grabs!
8th Challenge: Up for grabs!
9th Challenge: Up for grabs!
10th Challenge: Up for grabs!
More to come if possible in Season 1.
Thanks everyone who is getting involved and also to VanessaE!