New Server

bwog

by bwog » Post

Once I get my mod privileges fixed I'm going to be on a lot more often to catch griefers. I'll try to be on at least 3 hours a day.

bwog

by bwog » Post

Note to self: Ban BoomBoom and CovertSheeke
Last edited by bwog on Tue Dec 13, 2011 15:12, edited 1 time in total.

SelfishCar

by SelfishCar » Post

It's some dangerous griefers out there!
My new big house was griefed on the right side...
So watch out, keep UR eyes open!
In-game Username: Axel
In-game Username #2: SelfishCar

SoLA: Part 1: Angela's Disappearance: http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1586

splaq

by splaq » Post

bwog,

I just fixed your privileges..Check and see what you have I don't see an option for setting a ban but you have everything thats listed on the wiki...I also added you to the default admin list(how ever I don't believe that works for more than one user so we shall see)

Redden

by Redden » Post

splaq:

bwog have privileges but great is registration and build rights..
Home sweet Home..
Griefers sux!!!

splaq

by splaq » Post

Redden:

Eh?

Redden

by Redden » Post

registration and build rights for eliminate griefers..
Home sweet Home..
Griefers sux!!!

splaq

by splaq » Post

Something I need to work on is a registration system for the website. I cant quite seem to get the cypher down for the encryption they use for the password hash..Anyone looked through the source and understand the encryption algorithm? C isn't my language of choice...Is it just an SHA Algorithm or is it modified, what version of SHA is it(SHA1, SHA128, SHA256 etc etc)..is it even SHA? or MD5 or DES or what?
Last edited by splaq on Tue Dec 13, 2011 16:23, edited 1 time in total.

bwog

by bwog » Post

You should give me the privs privilege so I can just take away someone's build privilege instead of having to ban them.

EDIT: Ok, griefers beware, I can now take away your building ability!
Last edited by bwog on Tue Dec 13, 2011 17:36, edited 1 time in total.

bwog

by bwog » Post

I think we should have it so that they have to apply somewhere, but we automatically accept it unless they've griefed or something. That way we can keep the number of griefers down.

splaq

by splaq » Post

Yeah I'm working on that part...Registration via the website...But I need to figure out the encryption of the password hash..a simple SHA1 hash doesn't seem to work..I believe their salting the hash but how?

splaq

by splaq » Post

Anyone have a suggestion about how to implement a registration system? I mean I have theories running around in my head but untill I learn how they're hashing algorithm works none of those ideas will work cause they all involve checking a database against the auth.txt file and matching username/password

Arcadia

by Arcadia » Post

im getting tired of coming back every day and my stuff is griefed
i think that no one should be able to build unless someone asks bwog splaq or another admin to ad the to a list. its getting expensive i found the lighthouse roof/wall destroyed so i fixed it but i had no glass cause i used it all up fixing my house and some of axels shop
--Arcadia--

splaq

by splaq » Post

I'm working on all that..I don't have a lot of time to dedicate to the server (school, finals, family etc..) so in my free time I'm trying to find ways to automate everything(securely)..Sorry about the issues..(Also I just upgraded the server so it's rebooting now may be down for another 20 mins or so) Correction..it's back up now...
Last edited by splaq on Wed Dec 14, 2011 06:31, edited 1 time in total.

kahrl

by kahrl » Post

You could ask ghostshell (from gameboom.net), they have some script that grants build privileges only to people that register an account on the website. Maybe you could partly reuse their code. Not as intimidating to griefers as having to directly ask the server owner for build access, but it's at least better than nothing.

bwog

by bwog » Post

Could you just for now change the default privileges to just shout? It would really cut back on griefers until you get your system working. I think it's in a file in the world folder, otherwise it's in minetest.conf.

splaq

by splaq » Post

Ok it's been changed to shout as the default privileges...Anyone needing build privs needs to talk to either myself or bwog. Also I just updated the wiki page about that..
Last edited by splaq on Wed Dec 14, 2011 13:50, edited 1 time in total.

bwog

by bwog » Post

Could people PLEASE stop building houses in the sky??? Because when you look at the map you see a bunch of ugly gray squares instead of the ground below. It looks like a griefer took out a giant chunk of the land. If I could I'd get rid of them but I don't want to grief. So please, no more.

SelfishCar

by SelfishCar » Post

bwog wrote:Could people PLEASE stop building houses in the sky??? Because when you look at the map you see a bunch of ugly gray squares instead of the ground below. It looks like a griefer took out a giant chunk of the land. If I could I'd get rid of them but I don't want to grief. So please, no more.
yea, I built a house in the sky, I think U have seen it, but it got griefed...
Only our private chests was left of it! Sad

SoLA: Part 1: Angela's Disappearance: http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1586

Tryda

by Tryda » Post

how do you start a server. o_O

Heinrich

by Heinrich » Post

bwog wrote:Could people PLEASE stop building houses in the sky??? Because when you look at the map you see a bunch of ugly gray squares instead of the ground below. It looks like a griefer took out a giant chunk of the land. If I could I'd get rid of them but I don't want to grief. So please, no more.
If the same house would be on the ground you'd have the grey square on the map, too. Until the dungeon master hits the house which he can't do with a flying one. But then again you have ban privileges so no more sky houses it is.

bwog

by bwog » Post

Heinrich wrote:
If the same house would be on the ground you'd have the grey square on the map, too. Until the dungeon master hits the house which he can't do with a flying one. But then again you have ban privileges so no more sky houses it is.
Yes, but when people build them in the sky a lot of the time it's above another building, so you can't see the other building.

mcburgerbob

by mcburgerbob » Post

The server is really nice! Anywho i made a Cliff Tower near jonsonville.
MY CAKE!

SelfishCar

by SelfishCar » Post

bwog wrote:
Heinrich wrote:
Yes, but when people build them in the sky a lot of the time it's above another building, so you can't see the other building.
Exactly! Someone builded a house in the sky right next to me, so when you look on the map U can't see my full house! :(
btw. is the server down?
Last edited by SelfishCar on Fri Dec 16, 2011 17:39, edited 1 time in total.

splaq

by splaq » Post

The server is down right now..My internet went out this morning (couldn't pay the bill this month, school, family, no job...you know how it goes) but as soon as I get some cash it'll be back up. Sorry guys..the map will not change while it's down so when it comes back up it will be the same as you last saw it..