New Server

splaq

New Server

by splaq » Post

I just put up a server if anyone is interested it's at squark.servegame.com port 30000.

Also looking for some information about generating the map. I'm only getting small resolutions (368x320) I'm curious how I can increase the resolution. [EDIT] Ok so I'm an idiot, The more of the map thats been viewed the more it displays in the created map image hence the larger resolution. here's the current map http://squark.servegame.com/map.png

ALSO What would be the best way to implement signups...Basicly what encryption does the password hash use? I looked through the source and I see the code for the password hash but C++ isn't my thing. I'm looking to implement signups via a webform and also thinking about creating a site that will hold server stats etc for any given time in PHP/JQuery.

[UPDATE] The server will update the map image every hour..or should if I setup the crontab correctly!
Last edited by splaq on Tue Nov 29, 2011 15:46, edited 1 time in total.

Derpy

by Derpy » Post

At what times is the server up? I just tried connecting and I'm just getting connection timed out.

splaq

by splaq » Post

It should be up now..Generally if you can get to http://squark.servegame.com you should be able to get into the game..I'll be home in about an hour(at school right now) and I can check to make sure it's up..But there are no times it should just BE up..I'll be making some mods to the server that it's on tonight and tomorrow to ensure I'll be able to keep the status good

splaq

by splaq » Post

Yep, It crashed. It should be back up and running now..Apperantly I forgot to start it in the background and when I logged out in a hurry to head to school this morning I closed it.

IPushButton2653

by IPushButton2653 » Post

awesome, its up, cant wait to make my house

splaq

by splaq » Post

Enjoy, have fun with it..I'm really just testing to see how well it runs from my home connection or if I need to find better hosting for it...I have some friends with co-located server's so if I need to go that route I will but for now..yeah

splaq

by splaq » Post

Ok, so I've been doing some configuring of the server tonight and have created two simple scripts that do are basicly helper scripts... One script just combines the genmap.py and minetestmapper.py scripts, creates the maps and save's it to a directory on your web server. The other script checks to see if the mintest server is running, if it's not then it will run it(there needs to be an active either attached or detached screen session running)..Setup both of these scripts on as cron jobs and it automates two tasks. 1. Updating the world map as often as you like(I set mine at 1 hour apart) and 2. KEEP THE SERVER RUNNING..I had this issue today. The two scripts are shell scripts for linux and will be posted below...

[genmap.sh]
#!/bin/sh

cd /directory/where/minetest-c55/util/ && /directory/where/minetest-c55/util/genmap.py && /directory/where/minetest-c55/utill/minetestmapper.py --output=/directory/of/webserver/www/map.png

Obviously you will need to change the directory structure to fit your needs..

[is_running.sh]
#!/bin/sh

if [ $(pidof minetestserver) ]
then
exit 0;
else
screen -dRR -X exec /directory/of/minetest-c55/bin/minetestserver
fi

[my crontab setup]
0 */1 * * * /directory/of/minetest-c55/util/genmap.sh #Run every hour
*/5 * * * * /directory/of/minetest-c55/util/is_running.sh #Run every 5 minutes to make sure server is still running if not make it run..

I'm sure these could be made a little nicer..But it's just something I threw together quick..I'm currently looking at other options I can add in to make it more robust as a server setup. Any suggestions are welcome

splaq

by splaq » Post

Not tonight bro, Maybe tomorrow I'm heading off to bed with the wife

splaq

by splaq » Post

Ok so my server is still up and running no issues so far..

I'm thinking about updating it to 0.4. My question is though, How many of you have 0.4 installed as clients and are looking for a 0.4 server to run on?

bwog

by bwog » Post

I don't have 1.4.

I'll come on in a little bit.

bwog

by bwog » Post

I found a weird object in a house:

Whatever it is, it acts like a shovel.

splaq

by splaq » Post

HAHA..oh yeah..that was me messing around with the user file trying to add a MesePick..Didn't work to well..So I just dumped it and left it there, but I thought I left it outside the house further inland.
Last edited by splaq on Wed Nov 30, 2011 21:29, edited 1 time in total.

splaq

by splaq » Post

Made some improvements to the website http://squark.servegame.com it needs some visual enhancement but it functions. Shows the current map and the last time it was updated. Shows weather the server is up or not and a brief instruction about how to connect. Also a link to download MineTest-c55.

bwog

by bwog » Post

You should come on, I've started on a lighthouse on the island the bridge connects to.

bwog

by bwog » Post

Here's a cropped version of the map with labels:

Ahhh... I messed up and forgot to put the Bwogland label up higher... just pretend it's pointing at the land all the way north.

Wolfgang

by Wolfgang » Post

That server has the fastest griefers so far. I built a tower and came back after about 20 minutes to find it destroyed. :-(
Last edited by Wolfgang on Sun Dec 04, 2011 13:04, edited 1 time in total.

bwog

by bwog » Post

Wolfgang wrote:That server has the fastest griefers so far. I built a tower and came back after about 20 minutes to find it destroyed. :-(
I haven't noticed any griefers. I should probably come on to make sure my stuff is still there.

EDIT: Dang it, they destroyed the house on my private island. Completely gone, even the dirt below it. At least they can't take locked chests.
Last edited by bwog on Sun Dec 04, 2011 14:07, edited 1 time in total.

SelfishCar

by SelfishCar » Post

awesome server! I've build a floating castle with my friends on this server!
In-game Username: Axel
In-game Username #2: SelfishCar

SoLA: Part 1: Angela's Disappearance: http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1586

bwog

by bwog » Post

Griefers destroyed Lemming's home. Only suspect I have is a person named _ who joined and was chopping trees near his house.

Menche
IRC: Menchers
In-game: Menche

by Menche » Post

Someone completely demolished the house across the river from my house, then stole stuff from mine. I hope they had fun with the dungeon master in my basement.
An innocent kitten dies every time you top-post.

bwog

by bwog » Post

Menche wrote:Someone completely demolished the house across the river from my house, then stole stuff from mine. I hope they had fun with the dungeon master in my basement.
If you use locked chests (Just put an iron bar in the middle when you create a chest) then they can't steal anything.

Menche

by Menche » Post

I know, they didn't steal anything from the chests, they took out my brick floor and fences.

RAPHAEL

by RAPHAEL » Post

hmm, connected and seems a bit messed up... screenshot:
http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/710 ... 101459.png
"Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it kind, is it true, is it necessary, does it improve upon the silence?"
My mods: http://goo.gl/n4kpn
(Currently Various, Industrial, Fakeblocks, Jail, MoarCraft, Christmas, Replicator, minetest dev installer for linux, bash mod installer, windows mod installer)

bwog

by bwog » Post

RAPHAEL wrote:hmm, connected and seems a bit messed up... screenshot:
You're using 0.4, but the server isn't set up to be run with 0.4.

Hopefully splaq will give me some sort of way to ban people if necessary, or at least get rid of their build privileges.

Menche

by Menche » Post

RAPHAEL wrote:hmm, connected and seems a bit messed up... screenshot:
Are you connecting with 0.4? 0.4 clients expect textures to be sent to them by the server, and this is a 0.3 server which doesn't do that.