familygrog's new server

Eminie

by Eminie » Post

thefamilygrog66 wrote:
Eminie wrote:can you get the mod for that gray armchair back I need it to make one for me and to put some in my chest for people it be appreciated if you do and sorry again for what my cousin did
It's still there - it's part of 3dforniture - not sure why it isn't showing up in the craft guide. Anyway, the recipe is:

W - -
W W -
W W -

W=wooden planks

It looks like your cousin has been griefing again today, so I'm rolling back his actions again - please tell him not to touch other people's stuff, or he will be banned as well. Thanks man.
fisrt of all if you think im a boy im not! and i will tell my cousin
If you see my picture you can call me ugly, stupid, whatever. I don't care. Bye my friends. I quit. I will miss you guys.
Who needs minetest? I got minecraft now.. :/
Update Jan. 25, 2014: I miss you minetest, my friends and everyone so much. I am trying to return, so you might see me around.

Eminie

by Eminie » Post

thefamilygrog66 wrote:Hey folks,

As an experiment, I decided to try setting up a minetest server on a virtual machine via Windows Azure - it's running Ubuntu 12.04 server, in case you were wondering. Anyway, it seems to be working so far. It includes the following mods:

3dforniture
beds
craftguide
homedecor
mobs (only including 3 types of nighttime monsters, who drop health items when killed)
moreblocks
moreores
nolava (prevents placing lava above sea level)
plantlife
sethome (with added /spawn command to teleport to spawn)
woolcraft (note: blue wool requires white + mese crystal fragment, as suggested by Vanessa)

Players start with "initial stuff" items, and also have fast privilege. PVP is turned on, but both parties have to agree to fight - don't be a jerk. That's pretty much it! Don't grief, and have fun.

Address: familygrog.cloudapp.net
Port: 30000

Hopefully it'll be running for awhile, but as I mentioned it's a bit of an experiment, so no guarantees. Please don't get upset if it gets reset, shutdown, etc.

Grog
thefamilygrog66 wrote:
Eminie wrote:can you get the mod for that gray armchair back I need it to make one for me and to put some in my chest for people it be appreciated if you do and sorry again for what my cousin did
It's still there - it's part of 3dforniture - not sure why it isn't showing up in the craft guide. Anyway, the recipe is:

W - -
W W -
W W -

W=wooden planks

It looks like your cousin has been griefing again today, so I'm rolling back his actions again - please tell him not to touch other people's stuff, or he will be banned as well. Thanks man.
sorry what my cousin did and im am a girl and something is wrong with your server
If you see my picture you can call me ugly, stupid, whatever. I don't care. Bye my friends. I quit. I will miss you guys.
Update Jan. 25, 2014: I miss you minetest, my friends and everyone so much. I am trying to return, so you might see me around.

thefamilygrog66

by thefamilygrog66 » Post

Eminie wrote:sorry what my cousin did and im am a girl and something is wrong with your server
I apologize for that - the server crashed last night, and is now up and running again.

thefamilygrog66

I just added pilzadam's builtin item mod (removes dropped items after awhile, allows players to burn items in lava and allows items to move through flowing water), inventoryplus and skins.
Last edited by thefamilygrog66 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 04:42, edited 1 time in total.

Eminie

by Eminie » Post

thefamilygrog66 wrote:

W - -
W W -
W W -

W=wooden planks

familygrog ege was messing with my house

thefamilygrog66

Eminie wrote:familygrog ege was messing with my house
Fixed!

thefamilygrog66

I've just added the following mods:

unifieddyes
coloredwood
flags
farming
farmingplus

Also, since I've had a few complaints about mese pickaxes needing to be replaced too frequently, I've changed their settings, making them behave like diamond steel pickaxes (i.e. very strong, last a LONG time).

thefamilygrog66

I updated the server to 0.4.5 yesterday, and have just added the money2 and vendor mods.

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Post

Can this possibly be an Open PVP/Raiding server? (of course, except in safe zones like spawn or approved cities, where PVP/raiding results in punishment) I have looked everywhere for a PVP/survival/raiding server and have found none at all, and I don't want to break any rules of any servers.
"All we need it the right major crisis and the nations will accept the new world order."

thefamilygrog66

SegFault22 wrote:Can this possibly be an Open PVP/Raiding server? (of course, except in safe zones like spawn or approved cities, where PVP/raiding results in punishment) I have looked everywhere for a PVP/survival/raiding server and have found none at all, and I don't want to break any rules of any servers.
Nope, sorry about that - PVP only when both parties agree.

Novacian

by Novacian » Post

Hey grog, your server is running really slow right now. Also, what do you think of adding a link to the various mod pages so we can add the stuff we like without having to scavenge the mods forum 20+ times?

Eminie

by Eminie » Post

thefamilygrog66 wrote:
Adarqet wrote:Wait no claims? How can we protect our houses then traps?
Griefers are banned, and their actions are rolled back. While I've seen the benefit of protection blocks and claims, and used them quite a bit as well, I've also been really annoyed by them (e.g. overzealous protectors, griefers protecting their messes, etc.). I'm not sure what you mean by "then traps".
if you know enke he made a new account called x just saying and theres too much strain on the server you should get rid of all the flags and stuff that's not neccaray not sure if I spelled that right

Eminie

by Eminie » Post

As an experiment, I decided to try setting up a minetest server on a Ubuntu 12.04 virtual machine via Windows Azure. Anyway, it seems to be working so far. It's running version 0.4.5 and includes the following mods:

3dforniture
beds
builtinitem
coloredwood
craftguide
farming
farmingplus
flags
homedecor
inventoryplus
mobs (only including 3 types of nighttime monsters, who drop health items when killed)
money2
moreblocks
moreores
nolava (prevents placing lava above sea level)
plantlife
sethome (with added /spawn command to teleport to spawn)
skins
unifieddyes
vendor
woolcraft (note: blue wool requires white + mese crystal fragment, as suggested by Vanessa)

I've also changed mese pickaxes so that they last a lot longer. Players start with "initial stuff" items, and also have fast privilege. PVP is turned on, but both parties have to agree to fight - don't be a jerk. Don't grief or generally mess with other players' builds. Please note: if someone does grief/steal from you, please don't try to repair the damage - just let me know on the server or on here. I'm on quite regularly, and will rollback their actions. That's pretty much it - have fun!

Address: familygrog.cloudapp.net
Port: 30000

Hopefully it'll be running for awhile, but as I mentioned it's a bit of an experiment, so no guarantees. Please don't get upset if it gets reset, shutdown, etc.

Grog
hey im just writing this to let you know colored wood colored fence colored sticks and flags need to go no reason to have them

legendofexodia

by legendofexodia » Post

Hey grog,
Your server isnt' working.
Sincerely,
LOE
Crime doesn't pay.

thefamilygrog66

legendofexodia wrote:Hey grog,
Your server isnt' working.
Sincerely,
LOE
Hey Legend,

Please read the first post - sorry about that.

Grog

Eminie

by Eminie » Post

As an experiment, I decided to try setting up a minetest server on a Ubuntu 12.04 virtual machine via Windows Azure. Anyway, it seems to be working so far.

EDIT:

Well, it was fun while it lasted, but unfortunately the free trial server just couldn't handle the demands of being a minetest server after the world had been built up a fair bit (the map size was ~200MB); despite removing a number of mods in order to help ease the strain, it just isn't playable on there anymore. Thanks to all the folks who played on it the last few weeks, and hopefully I'll see you around on other servers sometime soon.

I realise this is pretty disappointing - I'm pretty bummed out about it as well - but as I mentioned when I first posted this:

Thanks again,

Grog
something is wrong with your server again
Last edited by Eminie on Thu Mar 14, 2013 13:41, edited 1 time in total.

Traxie21

by Traxie21 » Post

Did you read what you posted? This server is down permenantly.

Novacian

by Novacian » Post

Hey, Do you think you can suggest a server for us to join?

Eminie

by Eminie » Post

As an experiment, I decided to try setting up a minetest server on a Ubuntu 12.04 virtual machine via Windows Azure. Anyway, it seems to be working so far.

EDIT:

Well, it was fun while it lasted, but unfortunately the free trial server just couldn't handle the demands of being a minetest server after the world had been built up a fair bit (the map size was ~200MB); despite removing a number of mods in order to help ease the strain, it just isn't playable on there anymore. Thanks to all the folks who played on it the last few weeks, and hopefully I'll see you around on other servers sometime soon.

I realise this is pretty disappointing - I'm pretty bummed out about it as well - but as I mentioned when I first posted this:

Thanks again,

Grog
hey your server says keeps saying coudlnt resolve adress

thefamilygrog66

Eminie wrote: hey your server says keeps saying coudlnt resolve adress
Sorry Eminie, the server has been shut down permanently. Please re-read the first post.
Novacian wrote:Hey, Do you think you can suggest a server for us to join?
Hey Nova, you could try wazuclan.com, menche.servegame.com, or globis' (94.23.33.108) - they're all on port 30000.

madchicken13

by madchicken13 » Post

thefamilygrog66, Your welcome to return to M13's Minetest Server. It has been up for awhile.
Minetest-CC = viewtopic.php?pid=122782
My Minetest Mods = MoreBlocks
My Website: http://www.cddo.us/

susidio

by susidio » Post

how do you make a server just wonerin and please
check out my youtube channel

uday6341

by uday6341 » Post

How can I get inventoryplus? I couldn't find it anywhere!

thefamilygrog66

uday6341 wrote:How can I get inventoryplus? I couldn't find it anywhere!
Here: viewtopic.php?id=3100

Xroros

Re: familygrog's new server

by Xroros » Post

I know this is a stupid old form, but Grog can you send me a file of the world?