~ "Disney Center" by prim ~
Ok, you may have noticed by the title that LinuxGaming's version of Minetest is a wee bit out of date. Out of date but very, very stable.
The current version of Minetest (MT 5.0.1) won't connect with MT 0.4.x Minetest servers like LinuxGaming. (Yup, there are still a few other old MT 0.4.x servers still online and chugging along.)
If you would like to log into LinuxGaming or the other old MT 0.4.x Minetest servers, here are some links to old version installers for Windows (32bit and 64bit) and Linux source files.
Here's the general link:
For MT 0.4.14 (which LinuxGaming's server runs):
For MT 0.4.15:
For MT 0.4.16:
For MT 0.4.17.1 (player offset is a bit.. off... and texture animations are fubuared but you can still connect to older MT 0.4.x servers):
And for the Linux users who fancy a bit of nostalgia or like to tinker with minimalist setups, here's the link to a much smaller and simpler Minetest -- MT 0.2.2 released back in July 2011:
~~~ oOo ~~~
Now, about LinuxGaming...
Before getting into the details of Minetest server, here is a link list highlighting builds in our Minetest world.
These are links to screenshot posts in this thread that showcase various builds.
The server runs 24/7.
Our Minetest server runs in survival-mode for some degree of challenge but it is not a battle server. Player-vs-Player has been disabled. Instead, the focus of our Minetest server is on building.
Our server is not a pillage and plunder server and not an anarchy / chaos server. The server is monitored, the rules are enforced, and bans are permanent.
While our community strives to keep the server family-safe, the players are not babysitters and the server is not a day-care center. Please do not leave children unattended to dig at every object in sight; a singleplayer world is much better suited for that instead.
By "family-safe", I mean that the server is monitored, excessive crude language and rude behavior are not acceptable, and discussing topics unsuitable for polite company should be done on someone else's server.
It is unfortunate that good manners and decorum are in such decline among online communities that I have to spell this stuff out.
We strive to keep our Minetest server a family-safe place. Good players are good neighbors and caretakers. The general rule is: "If you didn't make it, don't take it."
- No griefing
- No stealing
- No lagging through protected areas, this is a violation of community trust.
- No bullying
- No threats to other players
- No swearing, inappropriate topics, or foul-language.
- No inappropriate, gross, or foul-language player names.
- No excessive arguing. It really ruins the fun for everyone else.
- No excessive use of all-caps.
- No spamming.
- No dating, flirting, sexting, or trying to court other players.
- Respect the build areas of others. Do not mine, harvest, or build near their structures and the open spaces around them.
- Players caught using CSMs (client-side mods) that can be used in any way to cheat, steal, grief, abuse players, abuse the server, or anything else that causes problems for players and admins, will be banned.
If you are suspected of using a hacked client you will be banned on sight.
Be cautious when discussing topics of religion, politics or any topic that results in a heated argument. Our server's players come from many different parts of the world and many different faiths and many different walks of life. The one thing they all have in common is that they come to our server to stack blocks in peace. Do not push too much and know when to back-off. If I have to step in to quell an argument, bans are the usual result.
Bans are permanent.
The Caretaker Philosophy
Some of our best players are not great builders but they are good people and good neighbors. They are "caretakers".
Caretakers take care of our community. They don't have to be admins or moderators warding off griefers and trouble makers.
They are positive role models, they lead by setting a good example for others and are pillars of our community.
They possess humility, grace, and the personal experience of "to err is human".
They know when to be firm and when to be forgiving.
They are willing to give a hand but not always a "hand-out".
They are there to greet new comers and "welcome back" returning friends.
This hopefully gives you an idea of what type of community we are striving for.
Admins: LazyJ and Miner_48er
Initial Privs: interact, shout, fast, money
- Don't ask to be an admin or moderator. Admins and moderators are chosen,
in secret, after a very long period of observation and debate between Miner_48er
- Privs are granted based on merit and good behavior.
- With higher level privs comes the expectation of more responsibility from the
player. It is because of this expectation that it usually takes a long time to
be granted higher privs.
- **Known and trusted** admins from other servers may be granted higher privs as a
professional courtesy. Don't try to con us; we have a network of contacts among
the other servers to know about admins.
- There is no defined time for when privs are upgraded. It is literally up to
LazyJ and Miner_48er to determine if you are eligible or not.
- "Spill" and "twist" privs are granted after a few weeks of observation if the
player has not caused any problems.
- "Fly" is granted after a few months of observation for good behavior.
- "Kick, ban/xban, basic_privs" are granted to mature players who have been on
our server a long time and thoroughly understand our rules and expectations of
- "Areas_high_limit" is granted after a player has used-up their already large
allotment of Areas, proven to be a prolific builder of good quality builds, and
has proven to be a pillar of our community.
- Privs higher than these are at moderator and admin levels.
Protect Your Stuff
ShadowNinja's 'Areas' protection mod is installed. Players, themselves, can now set protection on their own builds.
No Sign-Up Required
No sign-up is required. Enter an appropriate name and password of your chosing in Minetest's Multiplayer menu.
However; there are some exceptions:
- Please use a name other than "Guest<number>" (e.g., Guest1234)
- SqueakCrafter names are blocked.
- "Player<number>" names are blocked.
- Names beginning with numbers or are all numbers only are blocked.
- The playername "Admin" is blocked; please use a different playername.
Our Minetest server is setup for full-sized monitors and PC's with real keyboards and mice. iPads, tablets, Kindles, and smart-phones will not be able to access all the controls in some menus or F-number key functions.
More About Our Minetest Server
Other, Non-Money Stuff