LazyJ

Re: [0.4.10] LinuxGaming - Sethome, Travelnet, Craft Guide

by LazyJ » Post

Bump! - Overview maps updated to 2014_09_24

Pawl

by Pawl » Post

klappspaten wrote:Hi krzychu,

you have been banned from our server for stealing from a refrigerator in Rock Town. As can be read here and in our server rules (and btw you've also been told by me the day you and marrrekksk visited Dwarf City) stealing isn't allowed on our server and will be punished with a ban.
I am banned from the same reason?

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Post

Pawl,

According to the logs you have the same IP addresses as "marrrekksk", who was banned. That means Minetest will block both of you.

Pawl

by Pawl » Post

OK

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Post

Bump! Overview maps updated to 2014_09_29.

Guinzo
IRC: TheGuinzo
In-game: TheGuinzo

by Guinzo » Post

YAAAAA! Ok i return with my pixel art. That is all lol. Edit:The Pixel's name is Lyn.

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Post

Nice work, Guinzo!

I've added it to our "Featured Builds" list. ;)

Brian

by Brian » Post

Nice builds everyone. Happy belated birthday Ubuntu! I logged on briefly this evening but sadly only a couple afk people were on. Hopefully I will get a little time someday and log on again :)

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Post

No worries, Brian. We'll keep the home fires burning till you get back. ;) Things will be quieter now till school lets out next summer, then the chaos will resume.

Update:

Overview maps updated to 2014_10_13.

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Post

Here are a few screenshots of one of my Minetest projects currently under development. A work tentatively titled, "Santa's Supply Outpost"; an island of snow floating in the sky.

ExeterDad
In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

Love those Christmas pics! Every darn one of them :D

Brian

by Brian » Post

Thank's LazyJ! Great Christmas build :)

aldobr

by aldobr » Post

Hi all.

I am building a city at this server (Sewer city).

I am having two problems :

1 - How to remove tar blocks ? I placed a tar block at a wrong location, now nothing allows me to remove it.
2 - How to kill big trees ? Spruce tree looks too big to down from below, i kill the trunks, yet the treetop and leaves remain scatered over a large area.

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Post

Howdy, aldobr ;)
1 - How to remove tar blocks ? I placed a tar block at a wrong location, now nothing allows me to remove it.
2 - How to kill big trees ? Spruce tree looks too big to down from below, i kill the trunks, yet the treetop and leaves remain scatered over a large area.

1. Both tar's from HomeDecor's "Building Blocks" and MoreBlocks can be dug only with shovels.
2. I looked into the "Timber"mod. By default, it's not coded to work with MoreTrees (the big trees mod).

Harvesting the trees of MoreTrees requires more effort just like mining for mese and diamonds requires more effort.

More effort means more bragging rights. ;)

Use empty pie baskets (cheap recipe of sticks, dig easily with weild-hand) to either "tower" your way up to the top of the tree or create a flush sneak-elevator (with a flush sneak-elevator you can rapidly climb up and down the sneak-elevator). Then, gradually work your way down by harvesting the leaves and trunks.

Your city with Portuguese-style architecture is looking nice.

Keep up the good work. ;)

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Post

Update

LinuxGaming's server, all of it, went offline Sunday after the Daylight Savings Time switch. I can only guess that was the root of the cause.

Orby was contacted and able to get most things running again but the webchat seems to be fubared still.

Even though the webchat isn't working, the IRC is, so if you use an IRC client, you will still be able to join our channels.

Other than that, "Wazuland2" is up and running. :)

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Post

Update:

Overview maps updated to 2014_11_10

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Post

Update:

Overview maps updated to 2014_11_17.

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Post

"Santa's Supply Outpost" is now complete with finished landscaping and fully decorated and detailed interior (I'll probably post those screenshots a little closer to Christmas time.):

I like how well the night-time lighting worked out.:

"Santa's Supply Outpost" is one component of a much larger, multi-themed project I'm working on. "Castle vonGoldbank" is another component:

The next phase, of the overall project, is coming along. I've finished the structure and exterior work enough for screenshots of the "Portabella Village Windmill":

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Post

Update: New Mod Installed

I've customized and installed a version of VanessaE's and GloopMaster's "Gloopblocks" mod.

Changes made:
  • All flammable group properties have been removed.
  • All fleshy group properties have been disabled.
  • All damage_groups have been disabled.
  • Evil and cement swords have been disabled. (This is to reinforce the idea that our server is not a battle server.)
  • Sword's "snappy" group property added to the other, like-material tools.
  • The alias of MoreBlock's oerkkiblock to GloopBlocks oerkkiblock has been disabled. The MoreBlocks Legacy oerkkiblock we use in Wazuland2 looks different than the GloopBlocks version. Disabling this alias allows for both types of oerkkiblock.
  • "GloopBlocks" added to oerkkiblock description to distinguish in the inventory from the MoreBlocks Legacy oerkkiblocks.
  • Crafting swap-recipe added in WazuTweaks to swap GloopBlocks and MoreBlocks Legacy oerkkiblocks back-and-forth.
  • Scaffolding has been made very easy to dig to reduce tool wear and encourage the scaffolding's use.
  • Scaffolding, now, will also come down, in vertical columns, all-at-once, from the node that is dug on up.
  • Scaffolding emmits full light to aid in night-time builds and mining.
  • Added sound to each time the scaffolding is right-clicked to chock-up another scaffolding node.
  • Fixed default stone-type stairs and slabs not converting to their GloopBlocks' mossy versions when MoreBlocks is present.
  • The mossy conversion worked for some of the MoreBlocks stairplus-types works already; I've added the remaining MoreBlocks' stairsplus-types to it.
  • Added lava-cooling sound to basalt, pumice, and obsidian formation.
Notes:
  • Nyan Cats and their rainbows can be crafted but it is very expensive.
  • Scaffolding will only go up 20 blocks at a time. I tried increased amounts and the results were sporadic as to how high Minetest would keep track of them and how much Minetest would remove in a column when dug. 20 blocks produced consitent, reliable results so I left it at that.
  • You can NOT climb scaffolding like a ladder. To add that function would mean that you wouldn't be able to walk on the scaffolding. It's just the way Minetest works for now.
  • To stick other blocks, ladders, and rope to scaffolding, hold down the sneak key ("Shift" key) when you right-click on the scaffolding with the block, ladder, or rope that you want to put on it.
  • To add to the scaffolding, from the ground up, right-click on the very bottom scaffolding block with another scaffolding block. Each click will add a scaffolding block at the top and remove a scaffolding block from your inventory.
  • Scaffolding will "fall" into your inventory. Dig one scaffolding block and each scaffolding block directly above it will collapse into your inventory.
  • Evil Tools are very fast, very powerful, and very short lived. You will need gold ingots to craft the base recipe.
    • Test - digging straight down:
    • Evil pick produced: 3 dirt, 1 coal lump, and 94 cobble.
    • Diamond pick produced: 3 dirt, 20 coal lumps, 23 iron lumps, 12 copper lumps, 2 gold lumps, 4 mese crystals, 1 diamond, and 762 cobble.
  • Cement tools are slightly better than steel tools.
    • Test - digging straight down:
    • Cement pick produced: 3 dirt, 1 coal lump, 4 iron lumps, 221 cobble.
    • Steel pick produced: 3 dirt, 1 iron lumps, 179 cobble.
  • Stone, stonebrick, and cobble will change to mossy versions when next to water. This also includes their basic stairs, slabs, and saw-made blocks.
  • The mossy conversion takes a long, long time.
  • Lava-water cobble generators are NOT possible now. (No loss, cobble is super easy to get by mining.)
  • Now, when mixed, lava and water will either produce obsidian, basalt, or pumice.
  • Lava_source 1 block to the south or west and water_source 1 block to the north or east will produce obsidian (same as default).
  • Lava_source 1 block to the north or east and water_source 1 block to the south or west will produce basalt.
  • Lava_source and water_source more than 4 blocks apart and flowing into each other will produce pumice.

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Post

Update: Overview maps updated to 2014_12_11.

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Post

Update:
  • Overview maps updated to 2014_12_24.
  • LinuxGaming.us' website, forum, wiki, and IRC server are still down. I sent an email to Orby, earlier this morning, asking him to restart the apache server and whatever else may be hung-up at the moment.
  • Even though the web-stuff is down, the Minetest server is up-and-running. ;)

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Post

Update:
  • GloopBlocks scaffolding is now climbable, just like a ladder. To switch scaffolding over to the climbable code meant losing the ability to walk on scaffolding. To make horizontal, cat-walks from the scaffolding, climb up the middle, face the direction you want to place a solid block (i.e. cobble), and hold the sneak-key while placing the block. Then climb above the horizontal block and walk onto it. From there add more horizontal blocks to lengthen the cat-walk. We'll try this for a while and see how it works out.
  • Rope recipes have been improved. The "unknown item" has been found and the other 17 alternate recipes have been condensed into 8 alternate recipes. Now all leaves from default, MoreTrees, and Snow can be used to create rope.
  • Slightly old news - Orby was able to get the Linuxgaming website, wiki, and forums back online again (unfortunately the webchat is still not connecting).

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Post

Update: Overview maps updated to 2015_01_11.

LazyJ

Re: [0.4.10] LinuxGaming - A Server for Builders

by LazyJ » Post

Update: Overview maps updated to 2015_01_20

LazyJ

Re: [0.4.10] LinuxGaming - A Server for Builders

by LazyJ » Post

Heads-Up

This info is from VanessaE:
VanessaE wrote:All users, please set enable_mesh_cache = false in your client's minetest.conf. Most folks won't notice a performance impact, and it will reduce RAM usage by about 800 MB. Most users (who aren't using a texture pack) should find themselves able to play using less than 1.5 GB of RAM with this setting.
LinuxGaming currently isn't running mods that use a lot of mesh nodes but that will inevitably change with future updates.

This still affects you if you are using a Minteste 0.4.11 client and mesh node mods like very recent versions of HomeDecor and MoreBlocks in your singleplayer worlds and when you connect to other servers that use these and other mesh node mods.