[0.4.14] LinuxGaming2 - Shutdown

LordVlad
In-game: LordVlad

Re: [0.4.14] LinuxGaming2 - A Server for Builders

by LordVlad » Post

cool... this server is more interesting each day :).

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Post

greeter wrote:So I built a blockhouse...

Not much to look at, just like a real blockhouse. However this one is based off of the Saint Andrew's blockhouse which can be seen here. (because I'm not sure of the image's copyright, I've chosen to link it rather than post it.)

Hopefully this can inspire some other players to make buildings based off of real buildings.
That's a neat addition, greeter. Thanks for the bit of history info behind it too. ; )

A history museum themed town might be another cool project idea.

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Post

Update: Overview maps updated to 2017_05_20.

StormFox
IRC: StormFox
In-game: StormFox

by StormFox » Post

LazyJ wrote:
greeter wrote:So I built a blockhouse...

Not much to look at, just like a real blockhouse. However this one is based off of the Saint Andrew's blockhouse which can be seen here. (because I'm not sure of the image's copyright, I've chosen to link it rather than post it.)

Hopefully this can inspire some other players to make buildings based off of real buildings.
That's a neat addition, greeter. Thanks for the bit of history info behind it too. ; )

A history museum themed town might be another cool project idea.
I actually really like that idea, LazyJ. <owo> *neurons buzzing*

greeter
IRC: greeter
In-game: greeter

by greeter » Post

I've decided to get into the road building business folks. Got a town far from the highway system? Want to build roads closer to it? Or do you just want a road system for your town but don't feel like going through the hassle of building your road system? Let me do it for you.

I have literally months of road building experience on this server and I can get the job done for you quickly and easily. Your road will be professionally built by me personally. If you wish to check out an example of my work, please feel free to take a stroll along the Storm Highway running from Wild West to Urbanvale, currently the longest road on the server at 16.5 kilometers in length.

The base rate for road construction will be $4000 per kilometer, or $1.25 per node. However my very first customer will get his or her road built at cost, roughly $3000 per kilometer, or only $1 per node. Act today and contact me in game or on this thread to get this great rate for road construction.

As an added bonus, I can promise to customers that I minimize any environmental impact of my roads by not cutting down trees and tunneling underground or bridging over densely packed trees such as jungles or coniferous forests. As such, any picturesque landscape you wish to run your road through will remain in tact. In the rare event that a tree is cut down, the saplings will be replanted as close to the parent as possible. How great a deal is that?

Note: Any nyan cats or nyan rainbows discovered during the construction process will be the property of the player paying for construction. If i find a nyan cat or nyan rainbow while building your road, it's yours. Another added bonus.
Last edited by greeter on Sun May 21, 2017 13:08, edited 1 time in total.

StormFox

by StormFox » Post

Sounds like a great deal to me! :D

greeter

by greeter » Post

Greetings admins.

May I please have the skin at http://www.minecraftskins.com/skin/10464625/spock/ uploaded to my minetest account? This one should work.

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Post

greeter wrote:Greetings admins.

May I please have the skin at http://www.minecraftskins.com/skin/10464625/spock/ uploaded to my minetest account? This one should work.

Howdy greeter ; )

Your player skin has been uploaded and will take effect after the next server restart (after the nightly backup).

greeter

by greeter » Post

Thank you kindly for the skin LazyJ.

In other news, I found this.

Amazing the stuff you can dig up at the bottom of the world.

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Post

Update: Overview maps updated to 2017_05_28.

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Post

Server Rules Update

Revised 2017_06_17:

Due to the problems brought about by recent MT 0.4.15-dev versions and MT 0.4.16's CSMs (client-side mods), any player caught using CSMs will be banned.

Due to the problems brought about by recent MT 0.4.15-dev versions and MT 0.4.16's CSMs (client-side mods), players caught using CSMs that can be used in any way to cheat, steal, grief, abuse players, abuse the server, or anything else that causes problems for players and admins, will be banned.

Troublemakers have quickly and increasingly been causing problems on other servers so now server-ops and admins are taking the only measure we currently have, player bans, to mitigate the damage and trouble.
Last edited by LazyJ on Sat Jun 17, 2017 23:53, edited 1 time in total.

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Post

Update: Overview maps updated to 2017_06_10.

Thorton
IRC: Thorton
In-game: Thorton

by Thorton » Post

Hey All.
I thought it would be nice to get in touch.
What do you think about Facebook Group?

I guess we're more often on FB than here, It would be nice to exchange some ideas on the go.

What do you think?

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Post

Thorton wrote:Hey All.
I thought it would be nice to get in touch.
What do you think about Facebook Group?

I guess we're more often on FB than here, It would be nice to exchange some ideas on the go.

What do you think?

Howdy Thorton ;)

I'm not a big fan of Facebook but I know other folks really enjoy it. If the others from LinuxGaming2 would like to get together on a Facebook Group, that's OK with me.

Update: MoreBlocks has been updated.
  • 3 new shapes added that, from first impression, make catwalks or a single-person bridge. Spin them around with the screwdriver and try different materials to see what other creative applications their shapes may have.
  • All the alternate crafting recipes that came from the saw have been removed. Now you don't have to click through a dozen or more alternate micro-stuff recipes just to get to the ones that are more useful. If you were used to *crafting* stuff like micro-blocks, you'll have to use the saw, now, instead.
As for updating the engine to MT 0.4.16, devs and server-ops are still arguing over CSM; nothing has been settled and problems still exist. LinuxGaming2 is still running MT 0.4.14-dev. The CSMs can still function with LG though some avenues of exploit do not exist and will be either removed or neutered when I do upgrade the engine.

The Minetest engine is separate from the minetest_game and LG runs a custom version of minetest_game. I'll add things from the newer minetest_game *if* they don't conflict with other mods. Some newer things like fences and walls will have to be held back until I can get changes in the default trees and MoreTrees sorted out - which will impact saw made stuff, the four fence mods, bonemeal, and whatever other mods that use various woods, sticks, leaves, etc. in their recipes.

And that's just the wood stuff.

Overall, I'll be reviewing, reassessing, and revising how things are done in LG; a lot has changed since the last major overhaul. Don't expect much in the way of new mods but there will be a select few - mostly building specific; shape producing; and some more, custom, decorative blocks and textures.

The time frame for editing and uploading updates is little bits here and there, whenever I can after work and real-life have been taken care of.

dawgdoc
GitHub: dawgdoc

by dawgdoc » Post

Thanks for the news of updates and future plans LazyJ.
LazyJ wrote: Howdy Thorton ;)

I'm not a big fan of Facebook but I know other folks really enjoy it. If the others from LinuxGaming2 would like to get together on a Facebook Group, that's OK with me.
I'm such a Luddite that I refuse to create an account. :-]
--------
As for updating the engine to MT 0.4.16, devs and server-ops are still arguing over CSM; nothing has been settled and problems still exist. LinuxGaming2 is still running MT 0.4.14-dev. The CSMs can still function with LG though some avenues of exploit do not exist and will be either removed or neutered when I do upgrade the engine.
So far I haven't added any CSM mods to my client because I didn't want to get bounced/banned on login. But, this sounds like the CSM [record] mod would be allowed without kicking a player. I hope so.
------
Overall, I'll be reviewing, reassessing, and revising how things are done in LG; a lot has changed since the last major overhaul. Don't expect much in the way of new mods but there will be a select few - mostly building specific; shape producing; and some more, custom, decorative blocks and textures.
Keeping my fingers crossed for a block that will allow roofs with a much gentler slope than is currently available.
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Give a kid a fish, it's going to die.

Me Me and Me
In-game: MeMeandMe2 Regulus

by Me Me and Me » Post

Hi. Could you install my new skin texture please?

Geordi LaForge...
Ingame MeMeandMe2.
URL: download/file.php?id=10921
Attachments
Screenshot_2017-06-16_18-01-15.png
Screenshot_2017-06-16_18-01-15.png (197.94 KiB) Viewed 904 times
player_MeMeandMe2.png
player_MeMeandMe2.png (1.75 KiB) Viewed 904 times
I Love Formspecs!

Novatore

by Novatore » Post

In honor of Metroid Prime 4 being announced as being in development. I'd like to change my skin to Samus from the Metroid series.

https://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/sa ... oid-prime/

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Post

Howdy dawgdoc, Nova, and MeMeandMe2 ;)
dawgdoc wrote: So far I haven't added any CSM mods to my client because I didn't want to get bounced/banned on login. But, this sounds like the CSM [record] mod would be allowed without kicking a player. I hope so.
dawgdoc and folks,

CSMs like "Record" are OK.

I'm not bothered so much by CSMs that *only* affect the client and *not* the server or the intended game play of the server.

My CSM concerns are focused on CSMs, (eventually) past, present and future, that can be used in any way to cheat, steal, grief, abuse players, abuse the server, or anything else that causes problems for players and admins. I'll revise the server rule to reflect that.
dawgdoc wrote:Keeping my fingers crossed for a block that will allow roofs with a much gentler slope than is currently available.
Gentler slopes are doable but they will require a lot more space to accomplish. Instead of using 1x1 blocks, use an alternating combination of half-slabs and full-blocks. 1 half-slab, then 1 full-block - and keep repeating that pattern. To make the angle even less steep, increase the amount of slabs and full blocks, horizontally, in each progression. If you extend the eves of the gabled ends, you can tuck another half-slab under each top half-slab to create the illusion of all full-blocks being used.

MeMeandMe2 and Novatore:

Your skins have been uploaded and will take effect after the next restart (nightly backup). Till then your avatars will look liked colored blobs.

dawgdoc
GitHub: dawgdoc

by dawgdoc » Post

Thank you LazyJ for the clarification.
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Give a kid a fish, it's going to die.

Thorton
IRC: Thorton
In-game: Thorton

by Thorton » Post

Ok so I put aside the facebook idea.

Due to a fact that I'm moving to desert for some time @LazyJ can you please change my skin?
http://www.minecraftskins.com/skin/11112701/desert/

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Post

Thorton wrote:Ok so I put aside the facebook idea.

Due to a fact that I'm moving to desert for some time @LazyJ can you please change my skin?
http://www.minecraftskins.com/skin/11112701/desert/

Howdy Thorton ;)

Your skin has been uploaded and will take affect after the next server restart.

Pyros
In-game: Pyros

by Pyros » Post

Hi LazyJ,

Could I have this Borg skin installed for playername "Pyros"?

"Resistance is futile!"
Attachments
player_Pyros.png
player_Pyros.png (1.25 KiB) Viewed 904 times
00001-00010-00011-00100-00101-00110-00111-01000-01001- etc...

LazyJ

by LazyJ » Post

Pyros wrote:Hi LazyJ,

Could I have this Borg skin installed for playername "Pyros"?

"Resistance is futile!"
Howdy Pyros ;)

Your skin has been uploaded and will take effect after the next server restart.

StormFox

by StormFox » Post

So, because greeter and I are getting married in rl, we decided to get married on MT as well. We'll be having the wedding in Urbanvale at a chapel we built on Friday, June 30 at 3pm EDT (Eastern Daylight Time). Everyone is welcome to attend, I just ask that you be respectful during the ceremony. Use /go urbanvale and take a right out of the Visitor Information enter; follow the road up the hill and you should see the chapel on the right. If you need a TP, just ask. :)

TumeniNodes
GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Post

This is really cool.
Congratulations to both of you. : )
I wish you many years of happiness, good health, and prosperity.
A Wonderful World