[0.4.9] [24/7] [RemoteMedia] Hunger Games Server {Currently offline}

sfan5
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

I can reset the map
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

lexiepedia

by lexiepedia » Post

when is the server going to go up again??

sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

I need to fix some problems before I can start it again.
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

lexiepedia

by lexiepedia » Post

soo.. tomorrow or something?

sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

Probably tomorrow

sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

Server online again

lexiepedia

by lexiepedia » Post

it's the best game of minetest and nobody plays it!!! come on!

MasterChief

by MasterChief » Post

hey the map is still full of lava i thought you reset it

sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

Done!

high flying pie

by high flying pie » Post

There's lava again on the starting area... I think you should remove the lava bucket too, but first, read this.

I've got some suggestions:

- Make it so that to start a new game, you would have a certain amount of time to /vote to get into the round. This would eliminate the possibility of one person not voting, causing everyone to wait for them. (happens a lot)

- Allow interacting with the environment. (Mining, food gathering, etc.) But, this would also mean that those mining can dig under the wall, so there would have to be a wall on the bottom...

- Make the map reset after each round so that there will still be a wall, a definite spawn point, and randomly scattered chests on the surface and caves. (this will allow environment-destroying things like fire arrows and lava buckets be ok)

- Maybe add mobs? Animals would give food, hostile mobs would challenge your survival skills.

It's a really great server, one of my favs for sure, but it could be so much better.

Oh yeah, and I also burned down the house for the spectators with a fire arrow... sorry about that. :S But, I guess this kinda proves my point.

Evergreen
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

high flying pie wrote:There's lava again on the starting area... I think you should remove the lava bucket too, but first, read this.

- Make it so that to start a new game, you would have a certain amount of time to /vote to get into the round. This would eliminate the possibility of one person not voting, causing everyone to wait for them. (happens a lot)

- Allow interacting with the environment. (Mining, food gathering, etc.) But, this would also mean that those mining can dig under the wall, so there would have to be a wall on the bottom...

- Make the map reset after each round so that there will still be a wall, a definite spawn point, and randomly scattered chests on the surface and caves. (this will allow environment-destroying things like fire arrows and lava buckets be ok)

- Maybe add mobs? Animals would give food, hostile mobs would challenge your survival skills.

It's a really great server, one of my favs for sure, but it could be so much better.

Oh yeah, and I also burned down the house for the spectators with a fire arrow... sorry about that. :S But, I guess this kinda proves my point.
+1
Back from the dead!

sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

I reset the map for now.
I'll add auto-reset when I get back home

Splizard
GitHub: Splizard
IRC: Splizard
In-game: Splizard

by Splizard » Post

high flying pie wrote:There's lava again on the starting area... I think you should remove the lava bucket too, but first, read this.

I have added some of your suggestions to the latest version of hungry_games.
https://github.com/Splizard/hungry_games/commits/master
There is now a 5min max wait for voters, so no more waiting on one person.
I have added configuration options to the game to support digging blocks and the wall going through the ground.
It is sfan5's choice to activate that (Note @sfan5: if you do want to configure aspects of hungry_games edit the init.lua file in the hungry_games mod. You can remove lava buckets from chests this way)
Also now when you start a game lava source blocks will be automaticly removed within 20 blocks of player spawns.
Games: Builda City, The Hungry Games Mods: Lifters, Snow Biomes and Gates. Also checkout my texture pack Gridtoon!

sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

Splizard wrote:Also now when you start a game lava source blocks will be automaticly removed within 20 blocks of player spawns.
It would be nice if it also removed lava flowing blocks

sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

Changes in the Server:
* Updated to latest hungry_games version
* Updated to latest Minetest version
* Automatic map reset

sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

Updated to 0.4.7

prof-turbo

by prof-turbo » Post

Is this server public?
You should take a look at http://www.xorhub.com

sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

yes

prof-turbo

by prof-turbo » Post

Cool! thanks! I hope It will work for me!
You should take a look at http://www.xorhub.com

ndjdjksisksk

by ndjdjksisksk » Post

sfan5 can you erase my name from the world on your computer because i think someone hacked my account and changed the password on this server? Please i want to lag on and it won't let me :( it says invalid password when i put my password i set in there. Please help.
nvm about me leaving minetest but i probably will for a while because i have nothing to do in this comunity becaise i can't make a server. my username is going to change i will make a new acount called stormchaser3000

sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

ndjdjksisksk wrote:sfan5 can you erase my name from the world on your computer because i think someone hacked my account and changed the password on this server? Please i want to lag on and it won't let me :( it says invalid password when i put my password i set in there. Please help.
Done

by 2232 » Post

Is this server still active? Me and a few other people have gotten on, but have died because we don't have any privs.
"I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun..."
-Shake Me Down by Cage The Elephant

sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

Down for some time, because I go on vacation

Nubelite

by Nubelite » Post

i was looking around the serves and saw this, looks like fun. just had an idea while reading that might work out. for griefing help you can build an island in the sky and have lava covering the ground under it so you dont have to worrk about a wall. for weapons you can have then randomly scattered around the island.

for the island you could also use several nukes from the nuke mod to set the world up by digging out the land to form an island. and then put a ton of lava under and around it. then disable water and lava buckets and it should work out well.

by 2232 » Post

Nubelite wrote:i was looking around the serves and saw this, looks like fun. just had an idea while reading that might work out. for griefing help you can build an island in the sky and have lava covering the ground under it so you dont have to worrk about a wall. for weapons you can have then randomly scattered around the island.

for the island you could also use several nukes from the nuke mod to set the world up by digging out the land to form an island. and then put a ton of lava under and around it. then disable water and lava buckets and it should work out well.
+1
"I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun..."
-Shake Me Down by Cage The Elephant