Page 2 of 3

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 14:10
by sfan5
I can reset the map

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 17:29
by lexiepedia
when is the server going to go up again??

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 18:02
by sfan5
I need to fix some problems before I can start it again.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 18:42
by lexiepedia
soo.. tomorrow or something?

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 18:52
by sfan5
Probably tomorrow

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 18:34
by sfan5
[h]Server online again[/h]

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 19:58
by lexiepedia
it's the best game of minetest and nobody plays it!!! come on!

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 15:07
by MasterChief
hey the map is still full of lava i thought you reset it

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 15:32
by sfan5
Done!

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 01:03
by high flying pie
There's lava again on the starting area... I think you should remove the lava bucket too, but first, read this.

I've got some suggestions:

- Make it so that to start a new game, you would have a certain amount of time to /vote to get into the round. This would eliminate the possibility of one person not voting, causing everyone to wait for them. (happens a lot)

- Allow interacting with the environment. (Mining, food gathering, etc.) But, this would also mean that those mining can dig under the wall, so there would have to be a wall on the bottom...

- Make the map reset after each round so that there will still be a wall, a definite spawn point, and randomly scattered chests on the surface and caves. (this will allow environment-destroying things like fire arrows and lava buckets be ok)

- Maybe add mobs? Animals would give food, hostile mobs would challenge your survival skills.


It's a really great server, one of my favs for sure, but it could be so much better.

Oh yeah, and I also burned down the house for the spectators with a fire arrow... sorry about that. :S But, I guess this kinda proves my point.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 01:10
by Evergreen
high flying pie wrote:There's lava again on the starting area... I think you should remove the lava bucket too, but first, read this.

I've got some suggestions:

- Make it so that to start a new game, you would have a certain amount of time to /vote to get into the round. This would eliminate the possibility of one person not voting, causing everyone to wait for them. (happens a lot)

- Allow interacting with the environment. (Mining, food gathering, etc.) But, this would also mean that those mining can dig under the wall, so there would have to be a wall on the bottom...

- Make the map reset after each round so that there will still be a wall, a definite spawn point, and randomly scattered chests on the surface and caves. (this will allow environment-destroying things like fire arrows and lava buckets be ok)

- Maybe add mobs? Animals would give food, hostile mobs would challenge your survival skills.


It's a really great server, one of my favs for sure, but it could be so much better.

Oh yeah, and I also burned down the house for the spectators with a fire arrow... sorry about that. :S But, I guess this kinda proves my point.
+1

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 05:30
by sfan5
I reset the map for now.
I'll add auto-reset when I get back home

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:01
by Splizard
high flying pie wrote:There's lava again on the starting area... I think you should remove the lava bucket too, but first, read this.

I've got some suggestions:

- Make it so that to start a new game, you would have a certain amount of time to /vote to get into the round. This would eliminate the possibility of one person not voting, causing everyone to wait for them. (happens a lot)

- Allow interacting with the environment. (Mining, food gathering, etc.) But, this would also mean that those mining can dig under the wall, so there would have to be a wall on the bottom...

- Make the map reset after each round so that there will still be a wall, a definite spawn point, and randomly scattered chests on the surface and caves. (this will allow environment-destroying things like fire arrows and lava buckets be ok)

- Maybe add mobs? Animals would give food, hostile mobs would challenge your survival skills.


It's a really great server, one of my favs for sure, but it could be so much better.

Oh yeah, and I also burned down the house for the spectators with a fire arrow... sorry about that. :S But, I guess this kinda proves my point.

I have added some of your suggestions to the latest version of hungry_games.
https://github.com/Splizard/hungry_games/commits/master
There is now a 5min max wait for voters, so no more waiting on one person.
I have added configuration options to the game to support digging blocks and the wall going through the ground.
It is sfan5's choice to activate that (Note @sfan5: if you do want to configure aspects of hungry_games edit the init.lua file in the hungry_games mod. You can remove lava buckets from chests this way)
Also now when you start a game lava source blocks will be automaticly removed within 20 blocks of player spawns.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:25
by sfan5
Splizard wrote:Also now when you start a game lava source blocks will be automaticly removed within 20 blocks of player spawns.

It would be nice if it also removed lava flowing blocks

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:57
by sfan5
Changes in the Server:
* Updated to latest hungry_games version
* Updated to latest Minetest version
* Automatic map reset

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 19:21
by sfan5
Updated to 0.4.7

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:22
by prof-turbo
Is this server public?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:03
by sfan5
yes

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:17
by prof-turbo
Cool! thanks! I hope It will work for me!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 00:24
by ndjdjksisksk
sfan5 can you erase my name from the world on your computer because i think someone hacked my account and changed the password on this server? Please i want to lag on and it won't let me :( it says invalid password when i put my password i set in there. Please help.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 05:31
by sfan5
ndjdjksisksk wrote:sfan5 can you erase my name from the world on your computer because i think someone hacked my account and changed the password on this server? Please i want to lag on and it won't let me :( it says invalid password when i put my password i set in there. Please help.

Done

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 17:45
by 2232
Is this server still active? Me and a few other people have gotten on, but have died because we don't have any privs.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 21:01
by sfan5
Down for some time, because I go on vacation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 15:04
by Nubelite
i was looking around the serves and saw this, looks like fun. just had an idea while reading that might work out. for griefing help you can build an island in the sky and have lava covering the ground under it so you dont have to worrk about a wall. for weapons you can have then randomly scattered around the island.

for the island you could also use several nukes from the nuke mod to set the world up by digging out the land to form an island. and then put a ton of lava under and around it. then disable water and lava buckets and it should work out well.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 13:58
by 2232
Nubelite wrote:i was looking around the serves and saw this, looks like fun. just had an idea while reading that might work out. for griefing help you can build an island in the sky and have lava covering the ground under it so you dont have to worrk about a wall. for weapons you can have then randomly scattered around the island.

for the island you could also use several nukes from the nuke mod to set the world up by digging out the land to form an island. and then put a ton of lava under and around it. then disable water and lava buckets and it should work out well.

+1