WaterWorld Server [0.4.7]

by mauvebic » Post

ImageImage

Version: 0.4.7
Address/Port: Dynamic (see Public List)
Type: Economy
Default Privs: Shout, Interact
Game: m7-ww

New players are limited to the freebuild zone, where you spawn at. Use the shops at the mall to buy the nodes you can't craft, you can obtain credits by mining and selling precious nodes (mese, dilithium, ores).

* Chose a normal username with no more than two digits.
** Protected zones work under the autoban system (3-strikes).
Last edited by mauvebic on Wed Sep 18, 2013 20:43, edited 1 time in total.

Dan Duncombe

by Dan Duncombe » Post

If it is a warlike server maybe my camo mod will be helpful.
Some Mods: Castles Prefab Camouflage
My Games: Nostalgia Realtest Revamped
Servers: See above games.

mauvebic

by mauvebic » Post

This server isn't intended for war - i haven't included any offensive weapons. I just don't like the idea of using code to protect buildings. Planning and defense is a lot more fun, and it's much lighter on resources than any protection mod.

Dan Duncombe

by Dan Duncombe » Post

Still... I think the turrets are a cool idea.
mauvebic wrote:This server isn't intended for war - i haven't included any offensive weapons. I just don't like the idea of using code to protect buildings. Planning and defense is a lot more fun, and it's much lighter on resources than any protection mod.
Some Mods: Castles Prefab Camouflage
My Games: Nostalgia Realtest Revamped
Servers: See above games.

fairiestoy

by fairiestoy » Post

mauvebic wrote:This server isn't intended for war - i haven't included any offensive weapons. I just don't like the idea of using code to protect buildings. Planning and defense is a lot more fun, and it's much lighter on resources than any protection mod.
Since you like to plan things, why do you make it a creative server? I really like the idea of it, especially the strategic part of it. But I hate creative mod. It takes a lot of challenge out of a game. Dont think i am complaining directly to your server, i was just interested, what reasons could have lead to that creative part of it :3
Interesting about new things is, to figure out how it works ...

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

fairiestoy wrote:
Since you like to plan things, why do you make it a creative server? I really like the idea of it, especially the strategic part of it. But I hate creative mod. It takes a lot of challenge out of a game. Dont think i am complaining directly to your server, i was just interested, what reasons could have lead to that creative part of it :3
Many of the blocks in Mauvebic's mods do not have craft recipes. Besides, creative mode is good for experimenting and building things as fast as possible.

mauvebic

by mauvebic » Post

There are too many nodes to come up with enough unique crafts recipes, and if i did they probably wouldn't make much sense.

Though there are some things like food and liquids that you can't get straight out of the inventory, you either have to farm or use pipes. If i can add more unique methods like that, then i remove the end product(s) from the inventory :-)

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

You could create two types of turrets. One could fire upon other players regardless of what they are doing, while the other one could only fire upon griefers and player killers. The landrush mod might be able to give you an idea of how to do this.

fairiestoy

by fairiestoy » Post

mauvebic wrote: There are too many nodes to come up with enough unique crafts recipes, and if i did they probably wouldn't make much sense.

Though there are some things like food and liquids that you can't get straight out of the inventory, you either have to farm or use pipes. If i can add more unique methods like that, then i remove the end product(s) from the inventory :-)
Okay, thats quite something why this setup might be useful. Thanks for the explanation.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

you should add a lesser gravity to the world
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

mauvebic

by mauvebic » Post

The next thing I wanna do with turrets is have them support groups of owners, because right now they only spare the placer :p

Another thing that's driving me nuts and i want to disable is item drops. There's crap all over the map.

BrandonReese
GitHub: bremaweb
IRC: BrandonReese
In-game: BrandonReese

by BrandonReese » Post

mauvebic wrote:Another thing that's driving me nuts and i want to disable is item drops. There's crap all over the map.
I run PilzAdam's mod "Item Features" to keep the map cleaned up of dropped items, it removes dropped items after a set amount of time.

viewtopic.php?id=3188

I disabled the items being pushed by water because it looked like it could negatively impact performance.

mauvebic

by mauvebic » Post

BrandonReese wrote: I run PilzAdam's mod "Item Features" to keep the map cleaned up of dropped items, it removes dropped items after a set amount of time.

viewtopic.php?id=3188

I disabled the items being pushed by water because it looked like it could negatively impact performance.
I think i'd rather just remove item drops :p

Should turret bullets go through water?
Last edited by mauvebic on Mon Jul 22, 2013 21:23, edited 1 time in total.

fairiestoy

by fairiestoy » Post

mauvebic wrote: Should turret bullets go through water?
If you could make it that they loose speed/damage equal to time the bullet is surrounded by water :3
Last edited by fairiestoy on Mon Jul 22, 2013 21:28, edited 1 time in total.

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

mauvebic wrote:
BrandonReese wrote: I run PilzAdam's mod "Item Features" to keep the map cleaned up of dropped items, it removes dropped items after a set amount of time.

viewtopic.php?id=3188

I think i'd rather just remove item drops :p

Should turret bullets go through water?
I would say that bullets should go through all liquids.

mauvebic

by mauvebic » Post

New
- Added nations support:

Code: Select all

/nation : declare a new nation
/deport : deport a citizen
/invite : offer citizenship to your nation
/accept : accept citizenship
/decline : decline citizenship
Last edited by mauvebic on Sat Jul 27, 2013 02:01, edited 1 time in total.

Nubelite

by Nubelite » Post

if a player built turrets in two nations that they are a citizen in then their turrets wouldn't fire on the people in both nations then correct?

Rancon

by Rancon » Post

Have I been banned? If so, I'm sorry. I just wanted to explore and didn't know it would lag the server.
Last edited by Rancon on Tue Jul 23, 2013 23:59, edited 1 time in total.
Any tips on blender, gimp, or codea?

mauvebic

by mauvebic » Post

LadyMacBeth warned you and your friends more than once to pick an area of Vulcan and stick with it :P Other people need to be able to play.

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Doesn't the current development version of Minetest have a few functions that can speed up map generation by mods? I think paramat will use them when 0.4.8 stable comes out.

Rancon

by Rancon » Post

mauvebic wrote:LadyMacBeth warned you and your friends more than once to pick an area of Vulcan and stick with it :P Other people need to be able to play.
Okay, I'll stick to Vulcan. May I please get unbanned? Also, I don't think the later crashes were because of me. When I was back on Vulcan tending to the garden, it still crashed.
Last edited by Rancon on Wed Jul 24, 2013 14:33, edited 1 time in total.

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

It looks like this server is having issues right now. I can't get on it.

mauvebic

by mauvebic » Post

Rancon wrote: Okay, I'll stick to Vulcan. May I please get unbanned? Also, I don't think the later crashes were because of me. When I was back on Vulcan tending to the garden, it still crashed.
Are you willing to stick to earth until realms is updated?
Last edited by mauvebic on Sat Jul 27, 2013 02:01, edited 1 time in total.

Rancon

by Rancon » Post

mauvebic wrote:It's not having issues :P I stayed up uber-late working on a new toy ;-)

It should be up within the next couple of hours, im just sorting out a final issue with the new feature :-)
Rancon wrote: Okay, I'll stick to Vulcan. May I please get unbanned? Also, I don't think the later crashes were because of me. When I was back on Vulcan tending to the garden, it still crashed.
Are you willing to stick to earth until realms is updated?
Yes

mauvebic

by mauvebic » Post

Rancon wrote: Yes
I'll have to ask LadyMacBeth since she's the one who banned you.
Last edited by mauvebic on Sat Jul 27, 2013 01:59, edited 1 time in total.