[Server] VanessaE's Survival Server [5.4.0]

aracnus
GitHub: aracnus
IRC: aracnus
In-game: aracnus

by aracnus » Post

Well Dan, Jojoa said everything I would like to say (thanks Jojoa). I really don't want to go on with this conversation. Just remember that, as I didn't asked to move the road, you didn't ask to build under my house too. I really thought I was doing a favor for both of us. Too bad I was wrong.

Rancon

by Rancon » Post

aracnus wrote:Well Dan, Jojoa said everything I would like to say (thanks Jojoa). I really don't want to go on with this conversation. Just remember that, as I didn't asked to move the road, you didn't ask to build under my house too. I really thought I was doing a favor for both of us. Too bad I was wrong.
True
Any tips on blender, gimp, or codea?

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Post

I do remember that one of Vanessa's rules was the roads were to be straight as possible.

talking about roads, Centre Road Project is well underway. After taming 0,0,0 area by beating into submission thousands of sand_mods... (okay, it's not total win against them yet), I've started a roadway project to make it easier to get around the map without being mugged by violent mobs. (Die sheep die!)

Currently South Centre Road extends from spawn to Centre via bridge. Built West Centre Bridge with all my available desert stone. Nearly finished the West Centre Road through the desert area to nice open green area. Check Vanessa's survival map image. Bridges are protected areas to keep them safe.

The road system is raised road made of Stone Tile with cobblestone donated by Sokomine. A ditch filled with water causes the mobs to drop down and drown. Keep in mind it's a pain to get back on the road if you fall off. It's not 100% secure so be on guard at all times.

Eventually I will develop Centre area myself. I take breaks from roadwork to take materials left over from laying down roads. Please keep 5-6 blocks from 0 lines for future roadways. Once West Cente Road is set, I work on East Centre Road then North which I'm not eager since there is tons of trees in the way. Check the map to see where things are going.

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I think the newly moved/built road is dine, and the only reason the rest of your staircase/bridge is still there is because only you or I can modify it.

I want things kept clean and sane on my server, both in terms of how people go about building things (I don't want a repeat of the old Creative map we had months ago when that server was first started) and in terms of language. Your rant was un-called-for.

This is a collaborative game by its nature, and that means working together. Building way out in the middle of nowhere only gains you just so much "privacy" before someone eventually starts to build out that way, or thinks they can build something better or improve the road leading out that way.

Frankly, I think the new road looks better than the old one - I'm no fan of using tons of cobble for everything, when we have so much better materials available.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Dan Duncombe

by Dan Duncombe » Post

VanessaE wrote:I think the newly moved/built road is dine, and the only reason the rest of your staircase/bridge is still there is because only you or I can modify it.

I want things kept clean and sane on my server, both in terms of how people go about building things (I don't want a repeat of the old Creative map we had months ago when that server was first started) and in terms of language. Your rant was un-called-for.

This is a collaborative game by its nature, and that means working together. Building way out in the middle of nowhere only gains you just so much "privacy" before someone eventually starts to build out that way, or thinks they can build something better or improve the road leading out that way.

Frankly, I think the new road looks better than the old one - I'm no fan of using tons of cobble for everything, when we have so much better materials available.
Well,maybe at the time I didn't have stacks of diamond blocks for road building :P
Some Mods: Castles Prefab Camouflage
My Games: Nostalgia Realtest Revamped
Servers: See above games.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

Michael Eh? wrote:. (Die sheep die!)
Isn't that my saying when the IDIOT Sheep fell down the STUPID Hole
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

aracnus
GitHub: aracnus
IRC: aracnus
In-game: aracnus

by aracnus » Post

Made a little garden and a park on west road, between spawn and my house. Hope you enjoy (and use the park to relax after a hard mining day). ;-)

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Added DanDuncombe's version of castles mod.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Dan Duncombe

by Dan Duncombe » Post

Thanks for the mod addition :)
EDIT:Can you re-update? I forgot some stuff
Last edited by Dan Duncombe on Fri Sep 13, 2013 16:13, edited 1 time in total.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Added Mossmanikin's ferns mod.

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Post

Did someone mess with mobs?! Since when did Sand_mobs become invincible to sword attacks?!

Dan Duncombe

by Dan Duncombe » Post

Michael Eh? wrote:Did someone mess with mobs?! Since when did Sand_mobs become invincible to sword attacks?!
Some sword types aren't updated and can't hurt mobs, use default swords or the battleaxe.

Rancon

by Rancon » Post

Dan Duncombe wrote:
Michael Eh? wrote:Did someone mess with mobs?! Since when did Sand_mobs become invincible to sword attacks?!
Some sword types aren't updated and can't hurt mobs, use default swords or the battleaxe.
Speaking of which...

Rancon

by Rancon » Post

Screenshot of ferns :D The grass texture I made is the one I'm using. The other textures are not created by me, I'm using them as placeholders. May I receive feedback to improve this, please? (Only the grass texture)

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Reminds me a bit of the one from the haven texture pack. Hard to decide what to do with it without seeing it among the other textures you have planned.

pandora

by pandora » Post

add me please my nick is pandora13

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Pandora, please sign onto the sever once first so it knows you.

Lemon

by Lemon » Post

Hi, can i have interact? my nick is Lemon

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Interact granted for Lemon and pandora13.

Rancon

by Rancon » Post

Vanessa, I've created an ores mod, and I will create some more features for it. Could it maybe be added in the future?

Cole_Moore

by Cole_Moore » Post

May I have interact Username:Cole_Moore

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Rancon, it depends on what the ores are, we already have quite a few.

Interact granted for Cole_Moore.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Since no one plays on my Creative server (viewtopic.php?id=4057) much anymore, I propose merging its map with that of this server. This server's map will remain at the center of the world, while the Creative server's map will be positioned such that its spawn building is approximately 6.6 km west-southwest of the Survival's spawn.

[combined-maps image deleted since we're not gonna actually do this]

No structures will be lost or damaged on either map.

The following changes will occur:
* Player inventories from the Creative server will be emptied out.
* All player accounts on the Creative server will be transferred to this server.
* All Creative players' privileges will be reset to the defaults found on this server.

* Travelnet and areas mod protection data will be offset to follow the repositioning of the Creative map, but I can't guarantee I'll get this right. If someone can write a script that will do this, I'd appreciate it.

I'd like to hear everyone's opinions, but I'm leaning pretty heavily toward merging the maps.
Last edited by VanessaE on Sun Sep 29, 2013 14:51, edited 1 time in total.

Rancon

by Rancon » Post

PCGFM People Can Get Free Materials fromdestroyingthecreativebuildings.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

All creative buildings will be protected.