[Server] VanessaE's Survival Server [5.4.0]

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Update: Added undergrowth modpack and grasses/dryplants mod.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Gabriele

by Gabriele » Post

Nice server!

I like that bulding of wool (didn't see closer) :>
But i want a privilege :'( to build something
Account: Gabriele
(sry for bad english I'm only 12 year's old)
Last edited by Gabriele on Sat Oct 12, 2013 08:03, edited 1 time in total.

Gabriele

by Gabriele » Post

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Interact granted and skin installed for Gabriele.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Rancon

by Rancon » Post

outdated :)
Any tips on blender, gimp, or codea?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Rancon wrote:
outdated :)
Not anymore :P

King of Doom

by King of Doom » Post

Can you change my skin to this --------> http://www.minecraftskins.net/paladin Just press the download button, Thanks!
"You Cannot PASS! I am a servant of the secret fire, he who wields the flame of Anor! The Dark Fire will not avail you, Flame of Udun! Go back to the shadow! You SHALL NOT PASS!!!"

"Stand beside the gray stone where the thrush knocks, as the sun sets the last light of Durin's Day will shine upon the key-hole"

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

KOD: ok, updated.

King of Doom

by King of Doom » Post

VanessaE wrote:KOD: ok, updated.
Thanks
"You Cannot PASS! I am a servant of the secret fire, he who wields the flame of Anor! The Dark Fire will not avail you, Flame of Udun! Go back to the shadow! You SHALL NOT PASS!!!"

"Stand beside the gray stone where the thrush knocks, as the sun sets the last light of Durin's Day will shine upon the key-hole"

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Post

East Centre Road complete to Sokomine's Farm. Hacking and slashing my way through mess of bad terrian and trees on North Centre Road. Hope to break through to new terrian shortly. Slowly opening up the map. Now all we need is builders. =)

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Wait till you see the new terrain that'll be showing up when you get there

*eyes Mossmanikin and Neuromancer :-) *

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

VanessaE wrote:Wait till you see the new terrain that'll be showing up when you get there

from what mod?
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

Rancon

by Rancon » Post

jojoa1997 wrote:
VanessaE wrote:Wait till you see the new terrain that'll be showing up when you get there

from what mod?
Undergrowth.. scroll up :) Not saying it in a mean way... /me excited
Last edited by Rancon on Thu Oct 24, 2013 01:49, edited 1 time in total.
Any tips on blender, gimp, or codea?

wraith

by wraith » Post

this is a great server!! lots of friendly people how will help if u get stuck :) a few craft guide glitches but nothing to bad

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I think those glitches are fixed now. Sorry about the downtime and frequent restarts, I was having some problems with my minetest build.

King of Doom

by King of Doom » Post

Did the carbon diamond pick get removed because it was too op?

wraith

by wraith » Post

VanessaE wrote:I think those glitches are fixed now. Sorry about the downtime and frequent restarts, I was having some problems with my minetest build.

they are ican craft lv grinder now but I did get all excited about the mining laser :( but by the time u read this the the problem will likely be fixed :) so keep up the good work both with the mods and the server

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

King of Doom: It got lost when the TBM mod was removed, as it was part of that mod. Sorry about that. Use an 'evil' pick or maybe a titanium pick, they're pretty good also.

Wraith: Indeed the problem is fixed. It was an issue with where my Minetest build was being installed to versus where the servers were actually being run from, which I've sorted out.

wraith

by wraith » Post

hi VanessaE could u make this my skin http://www.minecraftskins.com/skin/2977495/gold-guyyy/ also I feel a bit ashamed that I have to ask for help with this but I can't get the Technic music player to work I have tried putting an ogg file in my /.minetest/mods/technic/sounds folder and that is not working online or offline I remember that u said it needs a client or something like that but I can't seem to find anything on the forum or Google (or I'm not looking in the right places) a link or a how to would be all I need .p.s. I am new to Linux which may have something to do with my noob level problems if they are in fact me overlooking something.
Last edited by wraith on Sat Nov 16, 2013 21:51, edited 1 time in total.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Update: This server has been moved off of my personal hardware and onto a proper VPS in "the cloud" where it belongs. :-)

wraith

by wraith » Post

OK after the move there is less lag :) but any new filters i set-up wont work with chests just chests (every other thing else u can use a filter on works but chests) they work with old set-ups (if u don't take them apart) but if u try to make a new one it wont pull items from the chest :( the set-up in question is in front of my garden at -240.5,1.5,-269.5 and sorry for being on here so much and adding to all the work oh and i love the quarry's :) what mod are they from so i can add them to my offline game?

webdesigner97
GitHub: webD97
IRC: webdesigner97
In-game: webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

wraith wrote:[...] oh and i love the quarry's :) [...]
Ah, I can see that :D They leave some ugly holes in the landscape. Of course I can't force you to do this, but it would be nice if you could cover the top of the holes they make once you don't need them anymore :)

qwrwed
In-game: qwrwed or Nitro

by qwrwed » Post

I can't connect with sfan5's latest 2 builds (and one from 17th October) - after connecting to server, downloading the media, etc., it either suddenly closes, or I get the "minetest.exe had encountered a problem and needs to close" error. In the second latest build, it loaded for about a second before closing, and there was this in the debug.txt:

Code: Select all

In thread 98c:
/home/stefan/mt-build/build/c55/minetest-minetest-5094a39/src/tile.cpp:530: getTextureId: Assertion 'result.key == name' failed.
Debug stacks:
DEBUG STACK FOR THREAD 84:
#0  main
#1  step
#2  ReceiveAll
#3  Receive
#4  ProcessData
(Leftover data: #5  addBlock)
DEBUG STACK FOR THREAD 98c:
#0  Thread
Last edited by qwrwed on Sun Nov 17, 2013 18:14, edited 1 time in total.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I had someone else having trouble with chests as well, which was solved by them updating their client. Guess I need to adjust the version recommendation in the first post. :-)

Also, make sure the chest you're using is the real, default one (to which Pipeworks will have added holes on the sides). I don't know if any other kind of chest is Pipeworks-aware.

As for the crash, I've had that myself before. If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's already known and a fix is available in current Minetest git as of a few hours ago.

I doubt anyone's got a build that's THAT up-to-date, so you'll have to clone from git and build it yourself, or wait for Blockmen or the others. :-)

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

webdesigner97 wrote: Ah, I can see that :D They leave some ugly holes in the landscape. Of course I can't force you to do this, but it would be nice if you could cover the top of the holes they make once you don't need them anymore :)
That would be very fine indeed! Those holes in the ground do annoy me a bit as well. Imagine people falling down :-) So by all means please re-naturalize the area after digging the hole with the quarry. A slim cover of dirt and a few trees on top might do :-)
A list of my mods can be found here.