IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

[Server] VanessaE's Survival Server [5.4.0]

by VanessaE » Post

VanessaE's Survival Server

daconcepts.com, port 30001

IRC: Libera netrwork, channel #ve-minetest-servers

Please try my Basic Plus server also: daconcepts.com 30005

Admins: VanessaE, ShadowNinja, kaeza, cheapie, bulldog1 (and others as needed)

Game Info:

This server runs in survival mode with minetest_game and my Dreambuilder modpack: everything you probably will ever want to build with, plenty of tools to get the job done, but you better be ready to dig for your materials.

To get an idea of most of the server's content, you may wish to take a look at my Dreambuilder forum topic.

Server Status:

For detailed statistics regarding the performance of the server hardware, see http://daconcepts.com/vanessa/hobbies/m ... stats.html

This server shuts down briefly for backups at 5:00 am US Eastern time (11:00 am CET).

Software Version

This server runs Minetest from the official Github repository, and requires version 5.4.0 or newer.

To connect and play, you will need a reasonably good PC. A dual core 2 GHz CPU (or faster) with 2 GB of RAM and any GPU less than 10 years old should do. Mobile devices are not recommended.

This server has an extra mod which disallows entirely-numeric and "Guest123456" types of names. Please choose a proper username when you sign on. If you find that this server is inaccessible for a time, please try again later.

Default Privileges

fast, home, shout, zoom

This server runs in survival mode. Damage is enabled (e.g. mobs, falling, lava will injure just fine), but PvP, fire, TNT and bones are disabled. Griefing absolutely will not be tolerated, and will result in rollback and ban if confirmed. This server runs the newplayer-rules mod, so to get interact, read the rules and plug the keyword contained therein into the space provided for it in the form.

Skins

This server runs cheapie's player_textures mod, so if you have a specific Minetest or Minecraft skin, point me to it via this forum topic or catch me on IRC, and I will install it. Such changes will affect both this server and my Survival server. If it's a Minecraft 1.8 skin (e.g. 64x64 pixels), it will be cropped to 1.0 format, so please choose skins that won't lose too much detail.

Skins installed on this server affect all of my servers which support skins.

Building on the server

You can build anything you want, anywhere you want, with the following guidelines: Near the spawn, please stick to serious, high-class structures only please. Pixel art and generally-artsy stuff should be kept away from the spawn.

If someone else has built in an area you wanted to use, do not build into or immediately above those structures, period! Even if the building looks vacant, don't touch it - there are no "abandoned" buildings here. Griefing any part of any structure is strictly forbidden.

Please keep your structures near a main road, but do not build right on the end of the road (e.g. if extending the road would go through your structure); if this isn't practical, or there is no road yet, please build one, or build a spur off an existing road somewhere and then build alongside that. Try to keep your roads straight and try make them run out past your structure so others can build further. Sky structures are welcome, but please build them up high enough so as not to obscure or cast shadows on anything below.

And please - REPLANT YOUR TREES! (Preferably with the same type as that which you cut down).

Land ownership:

See the forum topic for ShadowNinja's Advanced Area Protection Mod for instructions. The short version: to mark the area you want to claim, dig a few meters down in one corner of the area, and do /area_pos1. Then go to the opposite corner, fly up above the area, and do /area_pos2. Then do /protect <some description here> to actually claim the area.

If the area is too big, request areas_high_limit privilege from one of the admins, or just have them protect the area for you. Placing the block automatically protects the area, and digging it removes the protection. Shift-digging will leave the protection in place, but will only give you back a few steel ingots, so there is a "cost" involved (this is to prevent people from just reusing one block to protect many areas).

Also, there are protection blocks you can craft and place, which protect a fixed radius around the block.

Language

This server is primarily English-speaking.

Of course there are limited exceptions, for players who just can't speak English at all.

Freedom of speech is paramount here, but I do have some rules about it: 1. Don't harass anyone. 2. Hate speech, harrassment, etc. are absolutely not tolerated. 3. Leave your religion in your house of worship - this applies equally to in-game names as to your speech. 4. This server is not the ghetto, so take the rap-video trash-talk somewhere else.

Undesirable Actions

Although damage is enabled, this server is NOT intended for general player-vs-player combat - if such is desired, you absolutely must obtain clear permission from the person you wish to fight. This server runs ShadowNinja's "areas" mod, xban, and future_ban. Griefing absolutely will NOT be tolerated and will result in loss of build privileges and a ban if confirmed.

Interactive Map of the Server (click image to open viewer):

This overview is located at: http://daconcepts.com/vanessa/hobbies/m ... d/map.html

Generated using est31's Leaf map generator and Rogier-5's fork of minetest's mapper.

Screenshot

North of the spawn on the old map, prior to the Dec. 2015 reset
Last edited by VanessaE on Sat Feb 01, 2014 07:12, edited 1 time in total.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

(Mostly-reposted from the Creative Server thread)

I've created a second server for people who want to play in Survival mode. It runs my game, with a brand new map (except I copied the spawn over from the Creative server and gave it a new look), and has hostile mobs enabled. It also has DanDuncombe's currency mod. Address is vanessae.mine.bz port 30001.

Passwords/privs, ban lists, skins, etc. have been coped from my Creative server so that existing players there can sign on here and start playing right away -- except no one but me has fly privilege since this is a survival server. Player inventories of course have not been copied except in a couple of cases. Only the spawn is currently owned (by me) since, well...it's up to you folks to build stuff that should be protected! :-)

Both servers are up and ready for normal use.

Enjoy!
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Evergreen
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

Once I log on, here is my skin.

EDIT: Do I keep my old password on this server? I don't know where I put my password on your creative server, can you pm me it?
Last edited by Evergreen on Sat Aug 24, 2013 18:19, edited 1 time in total.
Back from the dead!

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Passwords have been copied from the Creative server (didn't I just say that? :-) ), so you can just log in if you can remember it. I can't send you your password, but I can reset it. Just let me know if I need to.

Skin installed, it'll take effect at the next restart.

Evergreen
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

VanessaE wrote:Passwords have been copied from the Creative server (didn't I just say that? :-) ), so you can just log in if you can remember it. I can't send you your password, but I can reset it. Just let me know if I need to.

Skin installed, it'll take effect at the next restart.
Never mind, I found my password.
Back from the dead!

webdesigner97
GitHub: webD97
IRC: webdesigner97
In-game: webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

Great server! I love it!

nolan

by nolan » Post

VanessaE wrote: Default Privileges noclip
Whats the point of having noclip if you don't have fly along with it? Just wondering.
Last edited by nolan on Sat Aug 24, 2013 22:03, edited 1 time in total.
Minecraft Came Out For The Ps3

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Because I forgot to remove that one. :P

Rancon

by Rancon » Post

VanessaE wrote:Because I forgot to remove that one. :P
It's useful even without fly :D
Any tips on blender, gimp, or codea?

nolan

by nolan » Post

Rancon wrote:
It is? How?

bulldog1
IRC: bulldog1
In-game: bulldog1

by bulldog1 » Post

Hi Vanessa can I have interaction? same name as creative server. also when you get on the creative server again I accidentally placed some stone in the road.
Join one of the largest companies in Minetest! Send your resume or tell us of your interest at hr@bulldogindustriescenter.com and visit our website http://www.bulldogindustriescenter.com

Rancon

by Rancon » Post

bulldog1 wrote:Hi Vanessa can I have interaction? same name as creative server. also when you get on the creative server again I accidentally placed some stone in the road.
YOu already have interact ;)

Rancon

by Rancon » Post

nolan wrote:
Rancon wrote:
It is? How?
Exploring ;)

nolan

by nolan » Post

Rancon wrote:
nolan wrote:
Rancon wrote: It's useful even without fly :D
It is? How?
Exploring ;)
uh how does Noclip priv help u in that? as far as i know its only use is letting u pass through blocks while flying

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Update: A number of components that were disabled before, such as most of the camo modpack, bobblocks traps, etc. have been re-enabled. Also, fake_fire mod has been added and gloopblocks just got a small update too.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

Awesome I can't believe I missed this. Can I have price. As you already know my in game name is jojoa1997. Can't wait to start playing this.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

Rancon

by Rancon » Post

nolan wrote:
Rancon wrote:
nolan wrote: It is? How?
Exploring ;)
uh how does Noclip priv help u in that? as far as i know its only use is letting u pass through blocks while flying
Get stuck in a block, normally you see black. Noclip, you can see caves, so you dont fall in lava pools :P

ndjdjksisksk

by ndjdjksisksk » Post

hi vanesa can i have interact as stormchaser2000 i eill tell you when i have logged on as that oh can you install the 3d armor mod
nvm about me leaving minetest but i probably will for a while because i have nothing to do in this comunity becaise i can't make a server. my username is going to change i will make a new acount called stormchaser3000

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Update: Added item_frames mod and enabled all of the missing components of the camo modpack.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Interact already granted for stormchaser2000.

ElectricSolstice

by ElectricSolstice » Post

Can I have interact? My in game name is ElectricSolstice.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Already granted :-)

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Update: fire mod has been added back in, but burning is disabled per the server's config. This should stop those errors coming from the dungeon masters.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Update: Titanium mod's tools are way-overpowered. I've reduced it to 1/10 its default values, but it's still way more durable than even diamond (roughly 5x) or mese (roughly 8x).

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Update: disabled camo modpack's NPCs - they're laggy and they keep duplicating themselves.