[Server] VanessaE's Survival Server [5.4.0]

rubberduck
IRC: rbduck
In-game: rubberduck

Re: VanessaE's Survival Server [0.4.9]

by rubberduck » Post

i have white flowers there and i will add more, but i also need a lot of by myself, because i want to build a giant minetest-logo (size 124x124), where i need a lot of these too.

For the background i use brick blocks colered in white (with the color machine), you can also use clay to get white dyes using the color machine, and one clay block gives you 4x of the dyes of one flower, because a clay block gives you 4 clay lumps and each lump 4 dyes.

my shop is very new for the moment and some shops are only filled with a few blocks, after time i will fill up a lot of shops and i will add a second layer with more shops, when my second layer is ready, i will sort the shops a bit more (one section for ores, one for wood, ...)

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Interact granted.

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

rubberduck wrote: ...
i want to build a giant minetest-logo (size 124x124),
wow, spawn area is surely changing. Not much left of all the work put into the waterfall with bridge, raised pond and stream. Oh well, should have protected it as park, such is the path of progress :-D.

I do hope though that that new sign will not totally block out the views of my castle. I guess my little world on that plateau near spawn is slowly getting out of theme of the new bustling spawn area. Sometimes I am really amazed how city develpment on mt servers does mirror some aspects of development in real life. I like it though how my fundaments for the community center and the basic granit arcades at the lakeside or Dan Duncombe's old shop at spawn have been adopted to new use. Development can be fascinating.
Last edited by twoelk on Thu Sep 18, 2014 23:05, edited 1 time in total.

rubberduck

by rubberduck » Post

i played on your server and had an error, minetest got totally slow and it shows me an error. after re-login it worked for a few seconds and then this error occored again, but i don't know why.
my position was at 6,2 11,5 -1076,2 (i cut it of)

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

This isn't a problem with my server, rather it's a glitch in the client. I don't know the cause but I've seen others post similar errors on other servers. When it happens, press F2 to hide the chat until the messages go away (a minute or two). Be sure you turn the chat back on. Hiding the chat temporarily will fix the FPS sagging.

rubberduck

by rubberduck » Post

in this area where this happened, there are bee hives and acorns flying in the air, i don't know why.

i don't think that this is the cause for this, but you never know.

do you see them flying there too? and is it possible to remove them with world edit without damaging the map?

Cryterion
GitHub: Cryterion
IRC: Cryterion
In-game: Cryterion

by Cryterion » Post

Hi. I often get it happening there. Happens to be at my factory. Seems to only happen if i have both the normal factory running and all my centrifuges. As to the flying acorns. Microchip will have to replant the acorn tree in his area. Had cut the leaves with a chainsaw when i was building. But as Vanessa says, its more a client engine glitch.
No trees or animals were hurt in the production of this message. However, a large number of Electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

The acorns is something else I'll have to look into. That's not a client glitch, it's probably a bug in moretrees. Beehives not falling is also a bug but I don't know where exactly - not the engine, I don't think.

rubberduck

by rubberduck » Post

i added a donation mailbox for my oversized minetest logo (size = 124 x 124 blocks) i want to build, if you want to help, please donate some clay stacks or flowers (need OVER 600 CLAYSTACKS) . you can find the mailbox when you go to my shop, there is a travelnet-box that leads directly to this mailbox.

Cryterion

by Cryterion » Post

Hi

For some reason I have a small problem with Item Filters.

When using a filter on a gold chest to filter out buckets of lava to a deployer, each pulse send 3 lava buckets out, yet when taking the empty and excess lava buckets out the deployer, they are sent 1 by 1 as should be the case. Not sure if anyone else has experienced this?

Not a major problem, just seems odd about the 3 being sent at the same time!
No trees or animals were hurt in the production of this message. However, a large number of Electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

ThatGraemeGuy
GitHub: thatgraemeguy
IRC: ThatGraemeGuy
In-game: thatgraemeguy

by ThatGraemeGuy » Post

Cryterion wrote:Quarry's!!!

I've started a quarry mining area, if anyone wants to run a quarry, still a WIP, and currently has 300K+ HV power available down to -400. I'm still going deeper! I you want to utilise it, please do, but please try follow format at level -100. And Read sign board and update any necessary info (Found at travelnet point -100).
Currently only a ladder going downwards, will be adding in a lift/travelnet system soon.

You will need the following:-

Your own Quarry, HV Cable, tubing, chest etc. (Please mark your 4 quarry point zone with a sign so we know whose it is.

It can accessed via my TravelNet at Exchange using "Quarry Mines".
The quarry area is great, thanks!

Any objection to building a small travelnet "lobby" close to the elevator at -100?

Cryterion

by Cryterion » Post

No objection at all.

Edit, there's usable MV equipment on level -2000, that's why HV cable runs down to atm.

Dragonop
GitHub: Dragonop
IRC: Dragonop
In-game: Dragonop

by Dragonop » Post

Can i have Interact? IGN: Dragonop

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Interact granted

ThatGraemeGuy

by ThatGraemeGuy » Post

Anyone know if there's some protocol to follow to get connected to the HV grid? I'm going to build a nuclear reactor soon and I figure contributing to the grid makes sense as I'm not going to use close to 100kEU on my own. My lair is at {X=-118, Z=-100} and there is access to the HV grid from the road near me at {X=-266, Z=-41}. Can I simply tunnel there and connect? I haven't looked into what protections may be in place along the way.

Cryterion

by Cryterion » Post

I think webdesigner is the right person to speak to, but you can have a look going down the ladder at -100 in the quarry mine zone to see an existing tunnel already dug that is in process of building. Might be easier to find the nearest connection point to you so you don't have to dig too far.

ThatGraemeGuy

by ThatGraemeGuy » Post

Someone has vandalised the technic machine area at Outpost Zero and stolen some of the machines. Any way to figure out who & roll it back? I can't say when this happened as its been a week or two since I was last down there.

ThatGraemeGuy

by ThatGraemeGuy » Post

So it seems that even inside a protected area, unlocked chests can still have stuff removed by non-owners. Someone has been robbing me slowly. :-( Any way to see who it was?

ThatGraemeGuy

by ThatGraemeGuy » Post

Someone also took one of my quarries which was at (63, -799, -1229).

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

By now, probably not. You shoulda protected your stuff and used locked chests. :-P Grab one of the server moderators at your next opportunity and they will surely be glad to refill the stuff that was stolen.

ThatGraemeGuy

by ThatGraemeGuy » Post

meh... not the end of the world, I have replaced all my chests with locked versions already & I can build new centrifuges, no big deal. Quarries I've never bothered protecting because they get moved around, but I guess I'll have to if this is going to happen. :-/

u34

by u34 » Post

request for interact.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Sure, but you'll need to log into the server first.

Fuzzay Mango
In-game: FuzzayxMango

by Fuzzay Mango » Post

Here to request interact. IGN: FuzzayxMango

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Notice to all users of my servers: I have changed the morning restart time to 1:30 am to better coincide with the slowest period my servers seem to experience lately. This change affects all of my servers.