Advanced Server[Im a Newbie]

Post Reply
User avatar
dafull97
Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 13:08

Advanced Server[Im a Newbie]

by dafull97 » Post

How would i go about making an advanced server, such as claiming land, having currency, Having inventory Recipes , and more?

User avatar
CraigyDavi
Member
Posts: 582
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 13:08
GitHub: davisonio
IRC: davisonio
In-game: CraigyDavi
Location: Hampshire, UK
Contact:

by CraigyDavi » Post

Do what it says here and on the second post, then add your mods to the mod folder and activate them.

User avatar
dafull97
Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 13:08

by dafull97 » Post

CraigyDavi wrote:Do what it says here and on the second post, then add your mods to the mod folder and activate them.
on the Server's mod folder? Correct?

User avatar
dafull97
Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 13:08

by dafull97 » Post

Still looking for help please, Thanks...

Daull97

User avatar
CraigyDavi
Member
Posts: 582
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 13:08
GitHub: davisonio
IRC: davisonio
In-game: CraigyDavi
Location: Hampshire, UK
Contact:

by CraigyDavi » Post

dafull97 wrote:
CraigyDavi wrote:Do what it says here and on the second post, then add your mods to the mod folder and activate them.
on the Server's mod folder? Correct?
Yeah just unzip the mods and put the folders there.

User avatar
dafull97
Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 13:08

by dafull97 » Post

CraigyDavi wrote:
dafull97 wrote:
CraigyDavi wrote:Do what it says here and on the second post, then add your mods to the mod folder and activate them.
on the Server's mod folder? Correct?
Yeah just unzip the mods and put the folders there.
Ok, thanks...

User avatar
nolan
Member
Posts: 298
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 04:52
Location: ohio

by nolan » Post

I'm not trying to be mean, but rather I'm only asking this simple question, if you are a newbie why would you be so intent to get your own server up and going? I played minetest for about 6 months before I even thought about getting my own server.
  • In the 6 months or so I learned most privs and what they do.
  • I learned many mods, the items in the mod and their mod:name, so I could use giveme a lot easier.
  • I also made many friends and played with many people.
Last edited by nolan on Tue Sep 24, 2013 01:12, edited 1 time in total.
Minecraft Came Out For The Ps3

User avatar
Evergreen
Member
Posts: 2135
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 01:22
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen
Location: A forest in the midwest
Contact:

by Evergreen » Post

nolan wrote:I'm not trying to be mean, but rather I'm only asking this simple question, if you are a newbie why would you be so intent to get your own server up and going? I played minetest for about 6 months before I even thought about getting my own server.
  • In the 6 months or so I learned most privs and what they do.
Very true, the only server I ever did is a a lan server with a friend. And I have been playing for a year now.
  • I learned many mods, the items in the mod and their mod:name, so I could use giveme a lot easier.
  • I also made many friends and played with many people.
Back from the dead!

User avatar
dafull97
Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 13:08

by dafull97 » Post

nolan wrote:I'm not trying to be mean, but rather I'm only asking this simple question, if you are a newbie why would you be so intent to get your own server up and going? I played minetest for about 6 months before I even thought about getting my own server.
  • In the 6 months or so I learned most privs and what they do.
  • I learned many mods, the items in the mod and their mod:name, so I could use giveme a lot easier.
  • I also made many friends and played with many people.
more like im a nub in minetest, i have been a programmer for 3 years, i have 3 other game servers this is my first sandbox game server that is able be this much modified... so i am wanting to run a smaller one at first :D

User avatar
nolan
Member
Posts: 298
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 04:52
Location: ohio

by nolan » Post

dafull97 wrote:more like im a nub in minetest, i have been a programmer for 3 years, i have 3 other game servers this is my first sandbox game server that is able be this much modified... so i am wanting to run a smaller one at first :D

Ahh, well I'm only 14 years young, but I plan on going into programming and other..

Good Luck too you.
Minecraft Came Out For The Ps3

User avatar
amar_50cent
New member
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 13:00

by amar_50cent » Post

hey im new here can u tell me how do i update my 0.4.2 to a better version? plese

User avatar
Topywo
Member
Posts: 1721
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 20:27

by Topywo » Post

amar_50cent wrote:hey im new here can u tell me how do i update my 0.4.2 to a better version? plese
Windows, see the sticky links under general:
viewforum.php?id=3

Linux, try compiling it yourself (scroll down till Compiling on GNU/Linux:):
https://github.com/minetest/minetest

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: homthack and 7 guests