[0.4.12] Minerealm Server

ak399g
In-game: SAFR

by ak399g » Post

What is the texture pack used?
aka SAFR

like2omg

by like2omg » Post

FNC is mad at me for unjailing then rejailing 'em. I don't know why FNC was jailed in the first place, and I thought I was doing the right thing, but due to what I heard from Burns (maybe out of context), was the reason I rejailed 'em. He claims that I jailed him first, which I have no memory of doing so, and by the time he told me to look at my F10 it was too late as the jail was already in place at the top of the history messages. Also, I need to tell the designers of spawn (staff-only) something privately.

EDIT: added text
Last edited by like2omg on Tue Jan 07, 2014 05:09, edited 1 time in total.

Rick2

by Rick2 » Post

Like2omg I am one of the designers of spawn. You can either PM me on here or on Minerealms what you need to say

rommiekerova
In-game: Andromeda

by rommiekerova » Post

So let me get this straight...

1. The Minerealms 2.0 I loved before Xmas is now gone?
2. Items are cleared so we lose everything not in a chest?
3. I've lost my lovely house!?!?

Please explain clearly and simply why 2.0 was scrapped.
I really enjoyed my house, the city and cultivating wheat, papyrus and cotton.

I'd simply LOVE to know how a flat world was achieved for building a city on as 1.0 and 2.0 was. Its pure hell trying to manually flatten everything for my own offline world in which I want a city. Its taken me 8 days to flatten enough for a small house and tall catle-like mall.
My Mods: Kerova - viewtopic.php?id=8054
My Server: Kalisae - viewtopic.php?id=9040 <--CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

rommiekerova wrote: Its pure hell trying to manually flatten everything for my own offline world in which I want a city.
Perhaps you ought to take a look at ShadowNinjas server. That one has a flat map and is in creative mode. Buildings there last (the server is way over a year old now) and are of good/excellent quality. For your own world, set

Code: Select all

mg_flags = flat, trees, v6_biome_blend, v6_jungles
iln your minetest.conf in order to get a flat world.
Last edited by Sokomine on Tue Jan 07, 2014 16:39, edited 1 time in total.
A list of my mods can be found here.

rommiekerova

by rommiekerova » Post

Sokomine wrote: Perhaps you ought to take a look at ShadowNinjas server. That one has a flat map and is in creative mode. Buildings there last (the server is way over a year old now) and are of good/excellent quality. For your own world, set

Code: Select all

mg_flags = flat, trees, v6_biome_blend, v6_jungles
iln your minetest.conf in order to get a flat world.
The thing is I don't want an entirely flat world. That is both boring and ugly in my opinion. What I want is to be able to flatten an area quickly and simply so I can place a city without flattening the entire world.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

rommiekerova wrote: The thing is I don't want an entirely flat world. That is both boring and ugly in my opinion. What I want is to be able to flatten an area quickly and simply so I can place a city without flattening the entire world.
Perhaps paramats Universal terrain flattener for towns / cities might then be a good choice for your singleplayer world.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Novacain

by Novacain » Post

Sokomine wrote:
rommiekerova wrote: The thing is I don't want an entirely flat world. That is both boring and ugly in my opinion. What I want is to be able to flatten an area quickly and simply so I can place a city without flattening the entire world.
Perhaps paramats Universal terrain flattener for towns / cities might then be a good choice for your singleplayer world.

or just use world edit. that thing is amazing. it also makes building large structures much faster. it also combines the fun of building with the thrill of cheating, but doesn't leave you feeling bored. World Edit FTW!!!
EXTERMINATE!!!
My Tronrealm modpack
My tronblocks mod

Novacain

by Novacain » Post

like2omg wrote:FNC is mad at me for unjailing then rejailing 'em. I don't know why FNC was jailed in the first place, and I thought I was doing the right thing, but due to what I heard from Burns (maybe out of context), was the reason I rejailed 'em. He claims that I jailed him first, which I have no memory of doing so, and by the time he told me to look at my F10 it was too late as the jail was already in place at the top of the history messages. Also, I need to tell the designers of spawn (staff-only) something privately.

EDIT: added text
actually, you did jail him. I was online at the time. he killed one of the people in his building crew without express permission. he was also attacking us as we observed their "game" of tag where he had a diamond sword. hope this help clear things up
EXTERMINATE!!!
My Tronrealm modpack
My tronblocks mod

rommiekerova

by rommiekerova » Post

I have the UTF but if it does anything except chat a message I haven't found any evidence of it. Theres never a nice flat surface when I use either of the commands and go to the location so I gave up on it until I can understand the code to try making the area it flattens bigger in case its that being too small for me to notice.

WorldEdit doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever. I can't understand the page let alone how to use it.

Novacain

by Novacain » Post

simple.
//p set : punch two nodes. the two nodes form a cube. then you can set it with "//set air" if you want to clear it. or change 'air" to something like "default:stone" or "default:dirt" or "default:dirt_with_grass" to fill the space with said material.

if you have unified inventory turned on you can get the node names pretty easily. and those are the basics. the only other command I have used is //replace. once you have the basics down, the rest makes more sense.

note: you can change just one of the positions by using //p set1 or //p set2. hope this helps
Last edited by Novacain on Wed Jan 08, 2014 01:10, edited 1 time in total.
EXTERMINATE!!!
My Tronrealm modpack
My tronblocks mod

rommiekerova

by rommiekerova » Post

So punch a node say at X1,Y1,Z1 then another at X10,Y10,Z1 and it will place a 10 node square of the node I choose?

Novacain

by Novacain » Post

yup. or 0,0,0 and 10,10,10 and it will place 1,000 nodes. largescale manipulation. makes building walls a breeze.
EXTERMINATE!!!
My Tronrealm modpack
My tronblocks mod

rommiekerova

by rommiekerova » Post

I've played with this. Its a little confusing to remember 2 of the /s and then I figured out air blocks can be used to my flattening problems are fixed. Thanks so very much Novacain.

Novacain

by Novacain » Post

No prob. with a little bit of practice you can utilize worldedit to it's full potential. makes a lot of things easier.

and you also realize how sensitive minetest commands are to spelling :P
Last edited by Novacain on Wed Jan 08, 2014 03:54, edited 1 time in total.
EXTERMINATE!!!
My Tronrealm modpack
My tronblocks mod

rommiekerova

by rommiekerova » Post

Novacain wrote:No prob. with a little bit of practice you can utilize worldedit to it's full potential. makes a lot of things easier.

and you also realize how sensitive minetest commands are to spelling :P
Yeah the sensitivity is a little frustrating when you realise you left out a / or a space. lol

As for the save config is that the option that saves things into a we file that things like the workers mod uses?

Novacain

by Novacain » Post

no idea. as I've said, I have only used the set and replace sub commands
EXTERMINATE!!!
My Tronrealm modpack
My tronblocks mod

Nicole

by Nicole » Post

I would appreciate it if my players (especially admins) did not go on to other server pages and act foolish, using our name. I'm sorry for just noticing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

angjinhang

by angjinhang » Post

Hmm Admins, Owners and Moderators, do we have mobs here? It's kinda illogical that a mountain or a forest don't have animals (OK, one animal, called the nyan cat). If no, please add in some if it is possible. Just the simple ones will do, because some players were thrilled about survival gameplay. As far as I know mobs won't lag. I've met them before in another server and they are wonderful and...quite dangerous?
Minetest Addicted...?

Pitriss
GitHub: Pitriss
IRC: pitriss
In-game: pitriss

by Pitriss » Post

Ang: Sorry but youre wrong. Mobs, due bad implementation of entities, still causing lags and a lot of unnecesary network traffic.
I reject your reality and substitute my own. (A. Savage, Mythbusters)
I'm not modding and/or playing minetest anymore. All my mods were released under WTFPL. You can fix/modify them yourself. Don't ask me for support. Thanks.

Rick2

by Rick2 » Post

Nicole wrote:I would appreciate it if my players (especially admins) did not go on to other server pages and act foolish, using our name. I'm sorry for just noticing.
I'm sorry Nicole

angjinhang

by angjinhang » Post

Pitriss wrote:Ang: Sorry but youre wrong. Mobs, due bad implementation of entities, still causing lags and a lot of unnecesary network traffic.
Oh I see. Unless this get fixed, I think that mobs should not be in the server, or I will get a lot of lags too, like on other servers that have mobs.
Minetest Addicted...?

Novacain

by Novacain » Post

mobs are fun, and some servers have them. unfortunately, as stated before, they tend to cause lag. but they are fun. you just have to find a server that has them if you want them. or see if someone can create a zombie survival server
EXTERMINATE!!!
My Tronrealm modpack
My tronblocks mod

Mcc457

by Mcc457 » Post

Nevermind, about the tower thing, if it's too big to move. If I can get a faction set up, I'll have the member help me build a better one.

Mobs would be fun, and they don't lag me. They do cause error sometimes, when they go out of range. If we could control the amount spawned(and then despawned, without errors), it would help greatly.
Working on a sub-game; mostly based texture packs, adventure and soon chemistry...

Novacain

by Novacain » Post

Mcc457 wrote:Nevermind, about the tower thing, if it's too big to move. If I can get a faction set up, I'll have the member help me build a better one.

Mobs would be fun, and they don't lag me. They do cause error sometimes, when they go out of range. If we could control the amount spawned(and then despawned, without errors), it would help greatly.
You mean like have a max amount that spawn? of they despawn if they get too far away from players?
EXTERMINATE!!!
My Tronrealm modpack
My tronblocks mod