[0.4.12] Minerealm Server

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

rommiekerova wrote: I have to say I preferred the city in 2.0
All the cobble messes with my eyes so I'm planning on building way out of all that.
Sadly theres never a mod on when I want an area protected so I can start building.
There are plenty of servers out there where the map is not deleted that often and thus larger, lasting buildings can be created. I'm sure you'll feel happy on any good building-orientated server.

Currently, Landrush is one of them. Lots of good builders, but also lag and hostile mods installed (landclaim, turrets). VanessaE runs servers with a lot of mods installed and some excellent builders who feel at home there. ShadowNinja has a creative server of very good quality. King Arthurs Land is the way to go if you like medieval. And Linuxgaming.us is of course worth a trip as well - cobble is a currency there, land is expensive, and thus most buildings are of good quality. Last but not least there's Redcrabs server. While not playable with the most recent MT version, it is still a very large server and has amongst its buildings some very fine ones.

I've seen a server yesterday (minetestserver.us.to) that is just starting and seems to focus on fractions, specialities and (for those that want it) even PvP. Perhaps that might be of some intrest for those players on this server that arn't the most capable builders. Although even that server has pretty good buildings (consider that it's pretty new and focusses on other points).
A list of my mods can be found here.

Novacain

by Novacain » Post

One of the things I liked about this server was it's relatively small number of mods. do you know of any servers with only a few mods (namely decorative mods like darkage, moreblocks, moreores, and a few others) and a relatively active player base (3-7)?
EXTERMINATE!!!
My Tronrealm modpack
My tronblocks mod

BeastMaster

by BeastMaster » Post

just been on Landrush seemed okay but quite laggy for me
Last edited by BeastMaster on Sun Jan 12, 2014 02:30, edited 1 time in total.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

A large number of mods is usually no problem as long as you set preload_item_visuals to false and have enough coffee/tee at hand to manage the long waiting at the first connection. All further connections will be faster.

Darkage is a very nice mod and unfortionately pretty rare. It is installed on the King Arthurs Land server, and that server also does not have too many mods installed.

If you want as few mods as possible in order to concentrate on the basics, take Redcrabs server. It does not even have farming installed. Homedecor, moreblocks and moreores are of course present.
A list of my mods can be found here.

BeastMaster

by BeastMaster » Post

thats not showing on my public list by any chance you got an address for it so i can check it out?

angjinhang

by angjinhang » Post

Oh my gosh the server shut down?!

Awww that's bad enough. I just loved this server. Maybe I will join another server then. By the way, why it was shut down?

I'm going to find another server with more mods and maybe even mobs. :(
Minetest Addicted...?

BeastMaster

by BeastMaster » Post

Only problem though more mods equals more bad lag normally

EBM9000

by EBM9000 » Post

The server is down :(

Whitemau5
In-game: Whitemau5

by Whitemau5 » Post

THE SERVER SHUT DOWN?!!! WHAT!! D: NOOOOO!
Music Junky!

Check out my blog: theelectronica.wordpress.com

Mcc457

by Mcc457 » Post

EBM9000 wrote:The server is down :(
It's not coming back up...
Working on a sub-game; mostly based texture packs, adventure and soon chemistry...

stormchaser3000
GitHub: stormchaser3000

by stormchaser3000 » Post

i was on vazon's server sience the very begining of the server. i have had a lot of fun once it got more complcated. i had to leave the server recently because of the strip club built but it was a good server to play on other wies good job vazon. hope to see a new server soon and if not then oh well i will have to get vps and start my own lol.

Whitemau5
In-game: Whitemau5

by Whitemau5 » Post

NOOOOOO No more Minerealms!! D,,,:
Music Junky!

Check out my blog: theelectronica.wordpress.com

stormchaser3000
GitHub: stormchaser3000

by stormchaser3000 » Post

Whitemau5 wrote:NOOOOOO No more Minerealms!! D,,,:

we can make a new server named minerealms with most of the same charitoristics (i know i spelled it wrong) but it is sad i liked this server.i came on here at first with the name ndjdjksisksk and then my username changed later when the server was called darkness. this is sad.

Nicole

by Nicole » Post

Guys I am sorry. I didn't have a say in this but I stand by Vazon. I am sure you would like to know why;

- Vazon wasn't feeling Mt anymore, hes gone to MC.
-I couldn't be on as often due to school work and family problems.
-We couldn't hold it together with so few moderators.
- Vazon was having personal things going on and he couldn't maintain the server( leading to lag spikes, which we previously never had.)

We tried our best to make it work. I'm sorry. I cannot run my own server because I have a shared computer. Ifayone is planning on making a server, I would gladly help you build it, and I'm sure vazon would guide you as well. If any of you want to play a new server or on minecraft with me PM me and I'll give you contact information so you can get a hold of me quickly.

I'm still here for you, guys. I'm very sorry.
Last edited by Nicole on Tue Jan 14, 2014 04:25, edited 1 time in total.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Nicole wrote:Guys I am sorry. I didn't have a say in this but I stand by Vazon. I am sure you would like to know why;

- Vazon wasn't feeling Mt anymore, hes gone to MC.
-I couldn't be on as often due to school work and family problems.
-We couldn't hold it together with so few moderators.
- Vazon was having personal things going on and he couldn't maintain the server( leading to lag spikes, which we previously never had.)

We tried our best to make it work. I'm sorry. I cannot run my own server because I have a shared computer. Ifayone is planning on making a server, I would gladly help you build it, and I'm sure vazon would guide you as well. If any of you want to play a new server or on minecraft with me PM me and I'll give you contact information so you can get a hold of me quickly.

I'm still here for you, guys. I'm very sorry.
OldCoder might be able to help you out. Below is a link to his website:
http://minetest.org/

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

indeed iirc OldCoder did ask on irc some months ago wether anybody had a server world worth saving and was looking for partners to manage individual worlds.

This leads to the interesting question wether the "map.sqlite" file and the seed of Minerealms is still availliable. Maybe it could be put up for download somewhere.

oChad

by oChad » Post

I cant not find another server I like I leg alot or just don't like them im sad now I need a server that doesn't make me leg like hell and that I like with some of the old people I used to play with.....AND WHY AM I NOT ON THE MOD AND ADMIN LIST FOR MINEREALMS (VAZONS SERVER)???-_-

and if anyone has a ps3 add me its oChad don't add unless you have a MIC or one of these games. GTA 5, Call of Duty Ghosts, Black Ops 2, and if you have those ill see what other games we have that are the same those are basically the only ones I play
Last edited by oChad on Tue Jan 14, 2014 20:03, edited 1 time in total.

Nicole

by Nicole » Post

twoelk wrote:indeed iirc OldCoder did ask on irc some months ago wether anybody had a server world worth saving and was looking for partners to manage individual worlds.

This leads to the interesting question wether the "map.sqlite" file and the seed of Minerealms is still availliable. Maybe it could be put up for download somewhere.
I emailed him about it. ^_^ I hope this works.

Nicole

by Nicole » Post

BeastMaster wrote:^^**** you was quick to comment, was good playing with y'all :)
e_e

rommiekerova
In-game: Andromeda

by rommiekerova » Post

Minerealms 1.0 and 2.0 inspired me to try and make my own world.

I have to admit I wasn't particularly keen on the third incarnation recently.
It was pretty empty and chaotic and with no mods online when I was.

I'm in the process of creating a world with a spawn city and possibly other cities in the future but sadly there is no way I can host a server with my internet.
Its neither fast nor stable enough and since it isn't a modem or router I cannot do the forwarding thing.

I can however put the world online to the public but with more than 2 players besides myself my internet throws a tantrum.
Last edited by rommiekerova on Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:00, edited 1 time in total.
My Mods: Kerova - viewtopic.php?id=8054
My Server: Kalisae - viewtopic.php?id=9040 <--CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Anyone on this server who wants to visit one of the Inchra Network servers is more than welcome to make a new home there since this server is gone. We are:

ShadowNinja's server at shadowninja.minetest.net port 30000 (creative)
viewtopic.php?id=7351

Kaeza's server at kaeza.moooo.com port 30000 (survival)
viewtopic.php?id=6151

Kizeren's server at mcbride.homelinux.net port 30000 (survival)
viewtopic.php?id=7583

My servers at digitalaudioconcepts.com ports 30000-30004
viewtopic.php?id=4057 (creative)
viewtopic.php?id=7017 (survival)
viewtopic.php?id=8044 (Nostalgia)
viewtopic.php?id=7263 (experimental Lua mapgen)
viewtopic.php?id=8043 (Realtest)

All of these servers are listed in the Public Server list and all of them require that you request interact if and when you want to build (we do this to help control griefing). They're all connected through the Inchra IRC network, so that they all share a common chat channel. Please join us.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Nicole

by Nicole » Post

OldCoder agreed to running the server. ^_^ We will have to wait until February, though. Does that sound good to you all?

I want to use the old map. Vazon wants to make a new one (again ._. ) would you all reply to this or pm me/ vazon saying what version of the map you want, or if you want a new one.

I personally dont want a new map. It's tiring. Im going to try and make it more stable guys, hang in there. ^_^

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

Some time ago VanessaE and Sokomine developed a script to insert one map into another so effectivly merging maps. With Paramats Archipelago world with central island Mod the different worlds could even be made into islands and the maps then joined as ocean with several large islands containing old worlds each on an island of its own.

Mcc457

by Mcc457 » Post

Nicole wrote:OldCoder agreed to running the server. ^_^ We will have to wait until February, though. Does that sound good to you all?

I want to use the old map. Vazon wants to make a new one (again ._. ) would you all reply to this or pm me/ vazon saying what version of the map you want, or if you want a new one.

I personally dg
ont want a new map. It's tiring. Im going to try and make it more stable guys, hang in there. ^_^
Great to hear! I'd love to help, and I also prefer the old map.
Working on a sub-game; mostly based texture packs, adventure and soon chemistry...

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

I want to see the old map used again.