[Tutorial] How to make a Minetest server using Hamachi

artur99

[Tutorial] How to make a Minetest server using Hamachi

by artur99 » Post

In this post you will learn how to make a Minetest server using LogMeInHamachi(or simply Hamachi... It's the same :P)
I've decided to make this tutorial because I've searched a lot and i couldn't get the answer from anybody. I didn't get full explication. And using information from all over the internet, I've got the answer. And I've put all information together and decided to write them here! :)
So, there are 2 ways to make a minetest server:
1. Direct one with port forwarding
2. Indirect one with a virtual LAN connection(this includes Hamachi)

The direct way using port forwarding is much better and has a lot of advantages, but because of my internet provider doesn't allow port forwarding, I had to use Hamachi.
The free Hamachi app allow only 5 peoples on a network, and your friends must have hamachi too to be able to connect on your server.

This is not very important ↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑ , but you should read it.

So:
STEP 1

Go to this link: https://secure.logmein.com/products/ham ... nload.aspx
And download the file and than install it:

STEP 2

Create a new network. Write a network Id and select a pass:
KEEP THEM IN YOUR MIND

STEP 3

Go to Minetest! Create a new world! Go to Advanced Tab!
Write your username and password as admin on the server. Leave address blank. write 30000 at the port. Click Start Game/Connect button!

STEP 4

4.1 Go to your hamachi program, and right click on that numbers near Power on/off button, and click copy IPV4 address.

4.2 Tell your friends to download and install Hamachi(from STEP 1), And to join your network on hamachi with the ID and the password that I told you not to forget in STEP 2. And, than tell them to go to minetest in multiplayer tab, and write at address the IPV4 address you copied in clipboard, and 30000 at the port

STEP 5

Have fun having a Minetest server!

If you need any help, or you have any questions, please ask! :)
Mods: Secret Mod

kaeza
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Post

That could be added here, and/or somewhere on the wiki.
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal

Element
IRC: Elementwing4962
In-game: Elementwing4962

by Element » Post

well artur99, for some reason i can only have one player in my world...i have added someone else but the cant connect, why is that?
Join Me And My Team - thornfyregaming-mc.noip.me:25565

My Server Is 1.7.9

artur99

by artur99 » Post

Element wrote:well artur99, for some reason i can only have one player in my world...i have added someone else but the cant connect, why is that?
Can you see your friend connected in hamachi?
In that list under the network name, in hamachi, you can see who is connected. Check out there to see if your friend disconncted. If he is connected on hamachi, what error appears on Minetest on his PC?
Mods: Secret Mod

wtfsamcrap

by wtfsamcrap » Post

a big ol fat something called connecting to server 1 year later still on that part
artur99 wrote:
Element wrote:well artur99, for some reason i can only have one player in my world...i have added someone else but the cant connect, why is that?
Can you see your friend connected in hamachi?
In that list under the network name, in hamachi, you can see who is connected. Check out there to see if your friend disconncted. If he is connected on hamachi, what error appears on Minetest on his PC?
Mods