[Server] VanessaE's Basic-plus Minetest Server [5.1.0-dev]

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

Re: [Server] VanessaE's Basic-plus Minetest Server [git]

by VanessaE » Post

The reboot time for this server has been shifted to 6:00 AM US Eastern Daylight time (11:00 AM CET).
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

BrakkHZutt
In-game: BrakkHZutt

Re: [Server] VanessaE's Basic-plus Minetest Server [0.4.16]

by BrakkHZutt » Post

First of all I would like to congratulate for the beautiful server.
I'm playing on server with my son for more than a month and we like it. (PG Acul e Ogai)

We have a probelm in the last weeks: both of us can't bought object from vendor.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I assume by "vendor" you mean the exchange shops provided by the currency mod. It's up to the owners of those shops to keep them stocked and ready to sell. That server doesn't see much traffic these days (everyone shifted over to whatever new hawtness they could find), so a lot of shop owners haven't bothered to sign on to fix them.

I'm afraid you'll just have to craft what you need.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

BrakkHZutt
In-game: BrakkHZutt

by BrakkHZutt » Post

Thank you for the reply. I also mean exchanges near the spawn point where there are diamond tools.

onewanted
In-game: ciccio

by onewanted » Post

Hi VanessaE,

I would like my avatar changed to this: "http://minetest.fensta.bplaced.net/#nam ... e%20doctor"
My nick is ciccio

Thank's in advance!

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

done. it'll go in at the morning reboot.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

WARNING:

Someone is redirecting traffic from IP address 104.250.138.199 to my servers on daconcepts.com.

I don't know how, or why (it may be an attempt by someone to frame me for bot activity), but if you see that IP address in your logs, IT IS NOT FROM daconcepts.com! Unless you all hear directly from me here or on IRC, my server's IP address is 188.165.239.81, and NOTHING else (to my knowledge).

If you suspect malicious activity from any IP, I highly advise you look up what host actually owns the IP address, ignore any domain name that seems (or is claimed) to be associated with the IP, and contact that host's abuse department. In this instance, that would be https://www.gorillaservers.com/contact.php as they are the owners of the malicious IP address. I would appreciate it if you do not mention me or daconcepts.com, since doing so may confuse the issue, and clearly neither I nor my servers are associated with any malicious activity of any kind.

I have already discussed the issue with my host and have raised an abuse complaint with the offending host.

I have not, to my recollection, authorized any redirects, proxies, alternate DNS services, other domain names, or any other unusual resources to point at my server, except as may pertain to individual minetest instances or services that I host for a few trusted individuals.

Lucien
In-game: Lucien

I done and goofed - travelnet names

by Lucien » Post

I done goofed and learnt something.

Short Version: Please could an Admin check mod_travelnet.data and remove the square brackets I added to two of my travelnet names.

Long Version: While travelling round 10000 from spawn (N>E>S>W) and placing travelnet pods in interesting locations I decided to rename a couple of pods [with notes in square brackets] to remind me to stop checking them and remove a pod from a less interesting location. Needless to say after teleporting away they became unusable. After checking the network I noticed the name is missing the last ']'. Verified on my home version.

Lesson Learnt: Do not use square brackets for travelnet names.

---

Thanks all Vanessa and admin's. It's a basic game and I'm still enjoying - I'll have to check out bananaland properly sometime soon. Chaos is crazy - especially when you get two giant mobs in your house & spawn point with inefficient weapons :).

I suppose planting an Aspen tree near 97,11,2730 and then reforesting it might cause too much lag?

VanessaE

Re: [Server] VanessaE's Basic-plus Minetest Server [5.1.0-dev]

by VanessaE » Post

The errant entries should be fixed now.

Lucien
In-game: Lucien

Re: [Server] VanessaE's Basic-plus Minetest Server [5.1.0-dev]

by Lucien » Post

Thanks. I'll take a look later this evening.