[RIP] minetest.sicp.tv

Lunarhiro

by Lunarhiro » Post

Nice server, started my house already and I like the Block exchange. Reminds me of how me and my friend ran shops in Mc... Oh good memories of good times :3. Ima come here often.

Gambit

by Gambit » Post

I'd like to try this server out sometime. Are /give commands enabled?
Current Projects: MineToon | PixelBOX
Gambit's Checkmate Server - 43.65.296.232 - port: 30001

copypaste

by copypaste » Post

Gambit wrote:I'd like to try this server out sometime. Are /give commands enabled?
No.

Also, we're famous now!
http://youtu.be/X0caLGT94RI

Lunarhiro

by Lunarhiro » Post

Sorry...this video has been removed by the user... LOL, I'm a youtuber too btw. RumbleAgents...sorry, just thought I should put that out...I could make a vid for your server :/, once my comps supplies get here in about...1-2 weeks or so xD

copypaste

by copypaste » Post

Lunarhiro wrote:Sorry...this video has been removed by the user... LOL, I'm a youtuber too btw. RumbleAgents...sorry, just thought I should put that out...I could make a vid for your server :/, once my comps supplies get here in about...1-2 weeks or so xD
Hahaha, it was deleted. Here was the original: http://i.imgur.com/tWGA1.jpg

I don't think the server needs a video seeing as how often things change on it.

Lunarhiro

by Lunarhiro » Post

LOL! wow... was that oceans? o.e that was a fail attempt to get ppl to grief...if there were actually users disliking the want to grief. Trolls trollin the troll I guess O.o...oh shit I should check if my house is still there! D:

ray8888

by ray8888 » Post

copypaste wrote:
JSonic wrote:
copypaste wrote: Lava and water buckets are now disabled ;_;
May I ask why?
They were being abused. You can still ask moderators for water blocks if you need to make a fountain or something.
JSonic wrote: Also, I'm timing out, the server seems to not work today :(
The server restarted, I'm trying to find a new home for it since this one also runs two other game servers.
(ray) can we have water and lava buckets back since oceans is baned!?
fuck off

copypaste

by copypaste » Post

ray8888 wrote:
copypaste wrote:
JSonic wrote: May I ask why?
They were being abused. You can still ask moderators for water blocks if you need to make a fountain or something.
JSonic wrote: Also, I'm timing out, the server seems to not work today :(
The server restarted, I'm trying to find a new home for it since this one also runs two other game servers.
(ray) can we have water and lava buckets back since oceans is baned!?
No. Ask a mod to place water/lava blocks if you need them. They are too open for abuse.

Sneaco

by Sneaco » Post

Lunarhiro wrote:LOL! wow... was that oceans?
Nope. :p

copypaste

by copypaste » Post

New mod on the server to make iron more useful as buckets are now disabled. Iron spikes and bars:

Iron spikes kill you within seconds of standing on them.
Recipe:

You can not turn spikes back into ingots.

Iron bars are a decoration you can use.

You can turn bars back into ingots.

I'm writing a huge new mod that will add some peaceful critters to the server, with a twist of course. :3

copypaste

by copypaste » Post

In the interest of uptime, I've written a web interface for server moderators, which I am documenting here. (Existing moderators, please get in touch with me via IRC for access.)

This page has three functions

1) Restart server. What this actually does is call "killall -9 minetestserver", then my bash script that restarts the server after crashes restarts it. Do not abuse this button. It emails me every time it is pressed, and if it's pressed too often it will ban you.

2) Before doing (1), do the second button. I've found that when the server hangs it stops writing to debug.txt. This shows you the last 50 lines, which should be constantly changing. Check it twice in 30 seconds, if it doesn't change and you can't log on, press the RESTART SERVER button ONCE. If that doesn't fix it, do not press it again, and change the topic in IRC to "Server DOWN".

3) Currently all this does is tell you the RAM usage of the server and the size of the map file. Is this useful? I have no idea :)

Lunarhiro

by Lunarhiro » Post

WOW thanks You actually did my mod idea for the spikes :3 I'm glad! NOW I CAN MAKE MY DUNGEON more interesting ;D!

copypaste

by copypaste » Post

Lunarhiro wrote:WOW thanks You actually did my mod idea for the spikes :3 I'm glad! NOW I CAN MAKE MY DUNGEON more interesting ;D!
No problem :)
If you have better art for the spikes pass it on to me in here or on IRC

Lunarhiro

by Lunarhiro » Post

Alright, i have to check it out first, but iron is such a bitch to find xD. Once I see how it is in game, If I suggest to change it I'll give it a shot.

marzin

by marzin » Post

I can't find so I ask here:

How to craft lanterns?

Lunarhiro

by Lunarhiro » Post

[empty, Torch, Empty]
[emtpy, glass, empty]
[empty, empty, empty]

Torch on glass... xD

wokste

by wokste » Post

Created a picture for spikes: Image

Secondly, Iron bars are a good idea but you make them far too expensive. (they are only decoration anyway)
I suggest 8 iron => 20 bars, or 1 iron => 2 bars.
Last edited by wokste on Sun Feb 26, 2012 14:04, edited 1 time in total.
We must be careful not to clone Notches mistakes.

marzin

by marzin » Post

I'm reporting a griefer activity :)

1. Yesterday someone put a large swearing label and some small damages (removing stairway for example) on my building. I removed it and considered as joke.

2. Today someone completely destroyed my house, house of my neighbour and damaged nearby buildings.

I know a man* who probably did it. He(she?) today was speaking some swears on chat, and attacked me, but i killed he with a mese pickaxe so he pleased for not killing and I exited server.

When I was back after around hour I discovered damages described in 2.

*I'm not certain that he did it so I don't put his name on public board, but if mods ask I can.

ray8888

by ray8888 » Post

i have know of that and i do know who your talking about
fuck off

tinoesroho

by tinoesroho » Post

Howdy! Can I suggest a mod to install?

- Money
- ATM
- AT

Nevermind about asking to ask.
We are what we create.

I tinker and occasionally make (lousy) mods. Currently building an MMO subgame and updating mods. Pirate Party of Canada member. Sporadic author. 21 years old.

My github:
https://github.com/tinoesroho/

copypaste

by copypaste » Post

wokste wrote:Secondly, Iron bars are a good idea but you make them far too expensive. (they are only decoration anyway)
I suggest 8 iron => 20 bars, or 1 iron => 2 bars.
I made them rare on purpose since I don't want to see them everywhere ;)
marzin wrote:*I'm not certain that he did it so I don't put his name on public board, but if mods ask I can.
I don't know what you expect anyone to do if no mod is on and you won't even say the guy's name.
tinoesroho wrote:Howdy! Can I suggest a mod to install?

- Money
- ATM
- AT

Nevermind about asking to ask.
I don't have any plans to install more mods (except for my own) at this time. I don't really like the money mod as I don't really get the purpose it's supposed to serve.

Lunarhiro

by Lunarhiro » Post

Hey Copypaste, I got another idea that you might like to implement maybe... Chains, Fire traps(mesecon activated), and Dart traps(mesecon activated as well)... Thinking about the dungeon and a dungeon doesnt feel right with just spikes and cobblestones. of course I got some puzzles and jumps in it as well, but they are still a bit too easy xD if you know what I mean :o.

As for other mods that should prolly be installed... Mesecon activated doors...that way I don't have to keep strugglin to find iron to make 2 sticky pistons :). Thanks in advance mate :D

cyberslayer

by cyberslayer » Post

y u ban meh???????????

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Post

Could someone give me teleport priviliges? I'm not a griefer, and I am part of the griefer detective society in this server.
My mods: The Nether | Doctor Who (WIP)

I have quit minetest ... again. I am heavily unimpressed by both the game and the community.

Lunarhiro

by Lunarhiro » Post

;_; what happened to the server D:!