[Server] Xanadu

User avatar
Hybrid Dog
Member
 
Posts: 2719
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:46

Re: Xanadu Server

by Hybrid Dog » Sat May 17, 2014 12:56

Vazon wrote:
Hybrid Dog wrote:
Vazon wrote:I don't play this server but I know from experience that restarting the world map isn't always a bad thing, (most of the time it is though). I have restarted my server map many times because of system failures and back ups not saving, but restarting should very much be avoided under most circumstances. If anything I would have just moved spawn to a new location(still with some builds around it) but not as torn up from land striping and such.

Maybe freeminer, if it supports this, can be used to delete specific mapchunks (maybe griefed ones) and then they become regenerated.

Well that would be very useful in areas that have been striped of ores, dirt, sand, ect. Although if some buildings reside in this area then that wouldn't help.

But it would be better than starting a new map.

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪
 

Vazon
Member
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 17:20
Location: Tennessee, U.S
IRC: Vazon
In-game: Vazon

Re: Xanadu Server

by Vazon » Sat May 17, 2014 14:23

Hybrid Dog wrote:
Vazon wrote:
Hybrid Dog wrote:Maybe freeminer, if it supports this, can be used to delete specific mapchunks (maybe griefed ones) and then they become regenerated.

Well that would be very useful in areas that have been striped of ores, dirt, sand, ect. Although if some buildings reside in this area then that wouldn't help.

But it would be better than starting a new map.

Well yes it would but in the long run people would still be quite angry that there builds that are gone. But I do see your point Hybrid Dog.
 

Sokomine
Member
 
Posts: 3890
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 17:31
GitHub: Sokomine

Re: Xanadu Server

by Sokomine » Sat May 17, 2014 22:19

OldCoder has offered to host the old version of the map. Perhaps that'd be a solution to our problem here. There have been quite a lot of houses on the old map after all, and it would be a pity to loose it.
 

XDGAMERZzZ
New member
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 03:03

Re:

by XDGAMERZzZ » Sat May 17, 2014 23:49

TenPlus1 wrote:Mobs are indeed ruthless...

why did you banned me from server i was just trying to get my stuff back because he killed me and stole my stuff
 

XDGAMERZzZ
New member
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 03:03

Re: Xanadu Server

by XDGAMERZzZ » Sun May 18, 2014 07:22

hey TenPlus1 can you unbanned me from server because titanius banned me and because i killed someone that stole my stuff and killed me....... PLS....PLS....PLS....PLS... unbanned me from server.....
 

User avatar
Neon
Member
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 02:03
In-game: Neon

Re: Xanadu Server

by Neon » Sun May 18, 2014 19:34

The Forums are no place for ban requests. If you want to talk to an admin, You can Private-message them in the forums, and occasionally there is other contact information either in the initial server post or in the moderator's profile.
 

User avatar
Inocudom
Member
 
Posts: 3071
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 01:14
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

Re: Xanadu Server

by Inocudom » Mon May 19, 2014 19:39

It looks like the crystal shovels are not on this server yet. There also seems to be a considerable amount of lag lately.
The comedic value of my videos is how abysmal they are: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5cyeM ... YTfYFlih_A
 

User avatar
OdinAllfather
Member
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 05:17

Re: Xanadu Server

by OdinAllfather » Mon May 19, 2014 23:12

Hey Ten it's me OdinAllfather. I was wondering why I have no privs at all like I can't even shout. I'm sure your busy and all but I can't play if I can't do anything.
 

User avatar
Achilles
Member
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:55
Location: Excuse Me???? -_-
In-game: Achilles

Re: Xanadu Server

by Achilles » Fri May 23, 2014 20:39

XDGAMERZzZ wrote:hey TenPlus1 can you unbanned me from server because titanius banned me and because i killed someone that stole my stuff and killed me....... PLS....PLS....PLS....PLS... unbanned me from server.....


LOL. I got banned for arguing a point :P
 

User avatar
Achilles
Member
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:55
Location: Excuse Me???? -_-
In-game: Achilles

Re: Xanadu Server

by Achilles » Fri May 23, 2014 20:41

Inocudom wrote:It looks like the crystal shovels are not on this server yet. There also seems to be a considerable amount of lag lately.


There are only crystal swords, picks and armor. Also they have included a Crystal Gilly Staff: Not sure if that counts
 

User avatar
TenPlus1
Member
 
Posts: 2628
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 13:38
GitHub: tenplus1

Re: Xanadu Server

by TenPlus1 » Sat May 24, 2014 20:19

The server has Crystal Pick, Sword, Axe, Shovel (soft-touch for coloured dirt blocks only), armor and the Gilly Staff that lets you breathe underwater...
 

User avatar
Achilles
Member
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:55
Location: Excuse Me???? -_-
In-game: Achilles

Re: Xanadu Server

by Achilles » Mon May 26, 2014 00:23

TenPlus1 wrote:The server has Crystal Pick, Sword, Axe, Shovel (soft-touch for coloured dirt blocks only), armor and the Gilly Staff that lets you breathe underwater...


Oops :P
 

Mockingjay
New member
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 17:50
Location: Soz but none of ur beeswax...
IRC: Mockingjay
In-game: Mockingjay

Re: Xanadu Server

by Mockingjay » Mon May 26, 2014 17:19

Yh, I tried using a Gilly Staff under water on Xanadu and died for some reason.
 

User avatar
Achilles
Member
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:55
Location: Excuse Me???? -_-
In-game: Achilles

Re: Xanadu Server

by Achilles » Mon May 26, 2014 19:02

Mockingjay wrote:Yh, I tried using a Gilly Staff under water on Xanadu and died for some reason.


?????????????
 

User avatar
TenPlus1
Member
 
Posts: 2628
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 13:38
GitHub: tenplus1

Re: Xanadu Server

by TenPlus1 » Tue May 27, 2014 08:21

Strange... So long as you are holding the Gilly Staff at the time, your air supply should always be 10 bubbles...
 

User avatar
Achilles
Member
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:55
Location: Excuse Me???? -_-
In-game: Achilles

Re: Xanadu Server

by Achilles » Wed May 28, 2014 16:42

TenPlus1 wrote:Strange... So long as you are holding the Gilly Staff at the time, your air supply should always be 10 bubbles...


It worked like that the last time I used it....
 

Mockingjay
New member
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 17:50
Location: Soz but none of ur beeswax...
IRC: Mockingjay
In-game: Mockingjay

Re: Xanadu Server

by Mockingjay » Wed May 28, 2014 18:15

Yh, but for some reason it didnt work for me
 

User avatar
TenPlus1
Member
 
Posts: 2628
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 13:38
GitHub: tenplus1

Re: Xanadu Server

by TenPlus1 » Wed May 28, 2014 20:50

Could be lag on the server but when I tested it earlier it worked fine...
 

Mockingjay
New member
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 17:50
Location: Soz but none of ur beeswax...
IRC: Mockingjay
In-game: Mockingjay
 

Raider4
Member
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 11:53
Location: UK, Birmingham
IRC: Raider4
In-game: Raider4

Re: Xanadu Server

by Raider4 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 16:47

My crystal armor doesn't seem to be working anymore...

Any idea why?
 

User avatar
TenPlus1
Member
 
Posts: 2628
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 13:38
GitHub: tenplus1

Re: Xanadu Server

by TenPlus1 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 18:29

Server testing is going on just now, armor was disabled for a time but is back and working again...
 

User avatar
Inocudom
Member
 
Posts: 3071
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 01:14
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

Re: Xanadu Server

by Inocudom » Fri Jun 20, 2014 02:58

I found two mods that will put some serious fantasy into your server:
https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9522-caverealms
https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9240-minetest_mods_creatures
The comedic value of my videos is how abysmal they are: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5cyeM ... YTfYFlih_A
 

User avatar
TenPlus1
Member
 
Posts: 2628
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 13:38
GitHub: tenplus1

Re: Xanadu Server

by TenPlus1 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 14:36

Am working with caverealms just now and hoping to tweak them slightly to add huge caverns with similar crystals... for now I've added a few new illumishrooms found at different depths inside caves... also the simple_mobs api has just been reworked with some great help and the mobs are a bit more intelligent, actually drop items and have new models and skins...
 

Neto
New member
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 15:31
In-game: Neto

Re: Xanadu Server

by Neto » Mon Jun 23, 2014 06:33

Xanadu offline and gesterday i will play and a lot of Protects to miss :-(
a cant make everithing was i banned?
 

User avatar
TenPlus1
Member
 
Posts: 2628
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 13:38
GitHub: tenplus1

Re: Xanadu Server

by TenPlus1 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 13:36

Neto: admin caught you breaking the rules twice and your privs were revoked for now...
 

PreviousNext

Return to Servers



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest