[Server] Xanadu

Kilarin
GitHub: Kilarin

Re: Xanadu Server

by Kilarin » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:The caves biome is responsible for that although the ridges feature in the v7 mapgen has kinda spliced the landscape showing no chewy centre...
Ha! Well, it certainly made for a fascinating area of landscape to explore.

KoiKoi100
In-game: Koi-Koi

by KoiKoi100 » Post

Could you add the memorandum mod? It allows players to write letters using paper. The changes it makes to the game are minimal, so it probably will not conflict with any of your other mods.

~ Koi-Koi <><

MykieDoesStuff

by MykieDoesStuff » Post

May you allow players to move bags with stuff inside it? It would make moving and storing items much more easier :)
For fast response... send me a PM

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

As far as I know bags cannot be moved out of their slots once items are stored inside, this is a restriction of using the mod...

Gamergirl11
In-game: hardcoregamergirl

by Gamergirl11 » Post

Can i have admin im hardcoregamergirl pls i will take care of people who breack the rules
So after summer i will be there in the mornings some times and night so ok bye

Gamergirl11
In-game: hardcoregamergirl

by Gamergirl11 » Post

P.S i love to play but i do not just like to be admin i love to play.great server.
If you can fit a mod.I think a morph mod would be cool.but it will have to work with
Ipad and tablet.so bye

DMV27
In-game: DMV27

by DMV27 » Post

It seems I was banned for "flying" when all I was doing was jumping high with crystal boots on. Can you please unban my IP address?

Edit: To clarify, you can jump extra high when you hold down the "sneak" key (default is Shift) while jumping. If you land on the edge of a block while continuing to hold down the sneak key, it can appear as if you are floating. This has been a basic part of the game for years.

DMV27
In-game: DMV27

by DMV27 » Post

Thanks for the unban (unless my IP changed), but I don't have any privileges at all (no shout, interact, etc). Can I have these back please?

Neon
In-game: Neon

by Neon » Post

Really, folks. This is not the place to talk about bans and privs. This is where you talk about news relating to the site. If you have something to talk to the admins about that NOBODY ELSE will care about, try using that little button to the left that say "PM". You'll get speedier results and you won't clutter up the thread with innane ramblings.

MykieDoesStuff

by MykieDoesStuff » Post

We got an admin impersonator.... and it self explained problem...
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (56.04 KiB) Viewed 673 times

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

There's always idiots like this and usually I don't mind the names but how they act on server... He/she will be dealt with...

Minetestforfun
GitHub: MinetestForFun
IRC: MinetestForFun
In-game: MinetestForFun

by Minetestforfun » Post

Hi,
i've insalled this mod for tests, and i see strange textures, can you confirm me it's normal ?

http://imgur.com/1h5EcdL,93Ktx6x
http://imgur.com/1h5EcdL,93Ktx6x#1

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Yes, it DID have strange textures but I redid all of the glass images for Xanadu to remove said texturing so it's just clear coloured glass...

Minetestforfun

by Minetestforfun » Post

@TemPlus1
Good work !
Please, can you share your work ?

Kilarin
GitHub: Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

On the new torches causing damage mod:
Well, it certainly makes sense. And if it had been that way from when the server first started, I might like it better. But there are a bajillion torches that have been placed in xanadu with the assumption that torches don't cause damage when you walk through them. And now you can't walk down a tunnel without constantly being burned, so they all have to be moved or replaced.

It makes sense, and I can live with it, but it's not going to be my favorite mod. :)

Some Xanadu screenshots!

Big3Force's Capital City, day, from my treehouse:

Capital City, night, from my treehouse:

My treehouse from Capital City:

And, a cool lava fall I ran into in my mine:

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Kilarin: nice screenshots, it's turning into a very nice city...

MykieDoesStuff

by MykieDoesStuff » Post

I should turn my land into a city hmm thanks for ideas.

Minetestforfun

by Minetestforfun » Post

@TemPlus1
You didn't answer me, if you don't want to share your work, can you simply explained how do you "redid" the glass images ?

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

Does Xanadu stand for the certain thing in Shakugan no Shana F?
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Minetestforfun wrote:@TemPlus1
You didn't answer me, if you don't want to share your work, can you simply explained how do you "redid" the glass images ?
I simple loaded the current images into Gimp and made each glass 1 single colour with 50% transparancy... Also removed a few unneeded images and had wood/steel frames use default images in game...

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

jojoa1997 wrote:Does Xanadu stand for the certain thing in Shakugan no Shana F?
Xanadu is already a sort of paradise for builders but check the youtube link in the 1st post and you'll see it's real meaning...

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

TenPlus1 wrote: Xanadu is already a sort of paradise for builders
I'm sorry, but I have to disagree here. Xanandu is a nice server, with many players who seem to be happy there, even quite a lot of excellent buildings - and a huge amount of impressive textures and materials to build with. Yet it is far from beeing a paradise for builders and does not aim in that direction. The protection system based on protectors is very limited compared to other, more advanced protection systems, and when griefings occoured, there was no ability to do rollback. That alone makes the server a very questionable choice for builders. Neither is my replacer mod installed, which is a tool which is very useful when handling slabs and stairs and the like. And the most recent change, namely hurting people when standing at a spot where a torch is, is nothing one would expect on a really builder-friendly server either. And then there had been these two map changes without transfering any houses to the new maps. It's hard to tell with a new server how stable it will be in that regard, and perhaps one map change at the beginning of a server's life might be expected. In this case, a second map change occured.

I'd still recommend Xanandu for some sightseeing due to the high quality of some of its buidlings. Yet people who intend to build something big (=larger than 10x10x10) and expect service as found on truely builder-friendly servers ought to reconsider.

The strength of this server lies elsewhere.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

In order for this server to be good for large buildings, protector blocks with bigger protection areas will be needed. How about adding additional ones?

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Lol, pounced on already... ehehe... Protector mod itself has a definable protection area now but I cannot change that in Xanadu since so many ppl have already placed them... Rollback is disabled for speed... It is still a survival server though at heart but many do enjoy building :)

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:Lol, pounced on already... ehehe... Protector mod itself has a definable protection area now but I cannot change that in Xanadu since so many ppl have already placed them... Rollback is disabled for speed... It is still a survival server though at heart but many do enjoy building :)
How about keeping the old protector nodes and adding new ones that can be configured, or setting the default configuration to what it is in Xanadu?