Dragonop
GitHub: Dragonop
IRC: Dragonop
In-game: Dragonop

Re: Xanadu Server

by Dragonop » Post

Kilarin wrote:yet another place in Xanadu with some VERY interesting geometry:
[url=https://www.mediacru.sh/2soCBLBjLGId.png]
I think that's near my house, can you check?

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

he?
I guess I will have to look into protection systems after all :-D
After some time away from this server I rejoined in my half finished mushroom roofed house
- or at least so I thought.
Someone had added some nice cobble to it, blocked all larger windows and added a nice steel door, so I was trapped in my own hut LOL.
I don't mind sharing if that is possible but I would rather finish that hut in the style I started it in.

so I wonder what that other player is up to ...

Kilarin
GitHub: Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

Dragonop wrote:I think that's near my house, can you check?
I doubt it, that was a long way out.

In order to avoid lag, Xanadu doesn't keep logs. So the admins probably wont be able to help you that way.
Dragonop wrote:Do you have seen a village in the beach, where this one, is next to a red grass biome?. With lava ponds? My house has 2 floors (at least last time), a mining site in the back, and some crops with stone in the sides, and grass in the top.
We need a better description of where your house is. Minetest is a cube 64,000 nodes on a side. There are gobs of villages on beaches. Countless red grass biomes. And a bajillion two story houses.

Can you tell us which path from spawn you went to build your house? did you go through one of the stargates? Do you remember the names of any of the people who built close to you?

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

TenPlus1: Would a half block of wooden framed obsidian glass be possible? Or would that cause problems with the logic that connects the framed glass nodes?

Just asking cause it would sure be handy in a current project I'm working on. Can't hurt to ask... :)

Nomis

by Nomis » Post

Dragonop wrote:
Nomis wrote:
Dragonop wrote:I woul wish to know that village before making my house, my chest room, my crops, and claim a whole area :c
-Can you advertise that village in the spawn please?

Did you not read the sign in front of the glass buildings, you appeared from nowhere. And no your crops were not taken, nor your jungle trees. And I left protection blocks, iron and food in your chest.

I have never been in that village...

Phew. Thought it wasn't me!

Tried to get food to you earlier but only reached orochi in the end.

Dragonop

by Dragonop » Post

@Kilarin
Well, I haven't been near that place in a long time, It has been like two month or three lost (I have survided all, thanks to my bags and wild onions)

Well, my house is facing the beach, in front of another 3 floor house owned by a spanish player. My house has like 4 or 5 signs in the front steel door, explaining how to mark home, use commands like /sethome and /spawn. Also how to change skins.

If you face my front door, my crops are to the right, in a walled garden, covered with glass. It is mostly wild onions.
If you can manage to make some risky jumps, and use the ''destroy the protected block glitch'' to pass inside my house, there is a bed, covered in glass, a table, 6 furnaces, and a hand stair.
If you go down, to the basement, there is a big chest room. And if you go up, there is another room. You can also go to the roof.
In the front door, a palm trunk has a flower on it.

In the same side to the right, out the house, is a small sand island in the sea, protected by me, it's posible it has some palms.
In the back of my house, there is a mining site, and if you go even more far, that way, you will find a walled green grass building, in the middle of the red grass biome, to play some soccer.

Thanks.

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

Dragonop wrote:My house has like 4 or 5 signs in the front steel door, explaining how to mark home, use commands like /sethome and /spawn. Also how to change skins.
Oh! I am so sorry, I thought you meant the place with the strange geometry. The spanish town is at -1901,60,557 If you can't see your coords on your screen, hit f5 to make them appear. Then just walk towards those coordinates.

pepprim
In-game: pepprim

by pepprim » Post

Dragonop wrote:Can you help me find my way back to my house?
Well I was exploring, and by acciden I typed /sethome, instead of /home. So, I'm lost.

Do you have seen a village in the beach, where this one, is next to a red grass biome?. With lava ponds? My house has 2 floors (at least last time), a mining site in the back, and some crops with stone in the sides, and grass in the top.

Please make an efort, or, if you are an admin/modder, check the player log, and say where I do placed a chest, that will help.
Thanks.
Hey, Dragonop, I'm your new neighbour! :-)

Your house it's very near from green path of spawn. The coords of your house are: -3, 1.5, -351.

Dragonop

by Dragonop » Post

@Kilarin Well, that isn't what Imeant, but whatever, thanks for the help.
Thanks @pepprin I will search it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: I found it, thanks!

AMMOnym
IRC: AMMOnym
In-game: AMMOnym

by AMMOnym » Post

Removed*

Zeno Effect
In-game: Zeno_Effect

by Zeno Effect » Post

I will wait to post this until I know what happened as I am hearing it was a auto kick thing not what I thought it was.....

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

<removed>

paramat
Developer
GitHub: paramat
IRC: paramat

by paramat » Post

Important changes to the biome API heat and humidity noises viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10621&p=164110#p164110
If you update to latest 0.4.10 dev, or, when you update to 0.4.11 stable, you will need to set the old default noise parameters in minetest.conf for biome continuity in your existing mgv5 or mgv7 worlds.

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Thanks for letting me know paramat, they have also done away with hot and melt groups so ethereal code will have to be altered also...

pepprim

by pepprim » Post

Hi Ten,

I'm afraid I have found a bug in a barter shop: It says will give me an amount but actually gives me another.

It's the first shop in the left side inside "iPac", the first building on yellow path from spawn. The barter shop is owned by PacificaPlays (coords: 120, 1.5, 9 ). Should gives 5 steel ingot per 20 cobble and takes 20 cobble but only gives 1 steel ingot.

And... obviously, I'm not talking about what the owner wrote on a sign, I'm talking about the barter shop messages themselves. That's why I thought It must be a bug, not a mistake of the shop owner.

I'm not english speaker so... I hope I'm explaining well.
Last edited by pepprim on Thu Dec 11, 2014 16:24, edited 1 time in total.

Big3Force
GitHub: Big3Force
IRC: Big3Force
In-game: Big3Force

by Big3Force » Post

I have a Boarder Dispute I would like to work out. I have been working on Capital City for almost a year.. almost 2 yrs and someone is trying to expand around my city. its a Big world i was just hoping they could go somewhere else so we avoid things like this.. I would like to work this out..
Attachments
I have a Boarder Dispute I would like to work out. I have been working on Capital City for almost a year.. almost 2 yrs and someone is trying to expand around my city. its a Big world i was just hoping they could go somewhere else so we avoid things like this..  I would like to work this out..
I have a Boarder Dispute I would like to work out. I have been working on Capital City for almost a year.. almost 2 yrs and someone is trying to expand around my city. its a Big world i was just hoping they could go somewhere else so we avoid things like this.. I would like to work this out..
ScreenHunter_286 Dec. 11 10.26.jpg (321.34 KiB) Viewed 803 times

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

Big3Force, are you trying to get in touch with Nomis or the admins?

For my opinion, I'm not certain there is anything the admins are likely to do. Your territory is large, so you inevitably bump against several other peoples builds, and other peoples builds bump against yours.

Leaving a "buffer zone" around other peoples territories is nice, but if the territory is unclaimed, then its unclaimed. And if someone grabs a hunk of unclaimed territory and starts building there, I doubt if there is anything that can be done about it outside of personal negotiations.

But, thats just my opinion. The admins may feel differently. Hopefully you can get in touch with Nomis and work out something mutually agreeable. I feel like we've always been good neighbors in Xanadu, perhaps Nomis can be another good neighbor as well. :)

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

pepprim, the shop in question must have been re-tuned as it now works ok giving 1 steel ingot for 5 cobble...

Zeno Effect
In-game: Zeno_Effect

by Zeno Effect » Post

~ GD's Alliance ~
Hi everyone, I am Zeno_Effect. I am the leader of an alliance in the Xanadu sever and we are open to new recruits seeking to join us in the fun. Currently our member's are as followed....

Leader:
1) Zeno_Effect
Full Member(s):
2) darkhorse
3) charliend
4) saxmax
5) Nanthicha
New Recruit(s):
6) zayzay
7) ZaraPlaysMc200
Member(s) on Probation:
8) N/A

Recruitment Process:
All new members start as recruits with limited access to the alliance base and resources. Recruits are initially given room in the alliance redwood tree-house, food, a sword, some equipment plus more. This recruitment period varies based on the recruit them self, it can last a couple days to over a week. Once recruits are promoted to member they are granted access to the alliance house and shared chests full of supplies. Over time additional perks are granted to members like land access to build on, farm, etc.

Membership Requirements:
Follow the sever rules, respect other players, do not give out the base location to anyone, respect other players, do not mess up any of the alliance property, do not place locked items (we use protected items instead).....that is pretty much it.

What the alliance currently has:
We have a farm to harvest a large variety of food from like corn, wheat, tomatoes, potatoes, blueberries, strawberries, coffee beans, cucumbers, mushrooms, cotton and more. We also have multiple biomes/orchards. Our current list of biomes and orchards are crystal dirt (Frost trees), Fiery dirt, Dry dirt (Scoured trees), Red baked clay (Redwood trees), Mushroom dirt (Mushroom trees), Grove dirt (Banana trees), Green dirt (Apple trees), Prairie dart (Orange trees). snow dirt (Healing trees), cold dirt (Pine trees), sandy sand (coral/seaweed) and grey dirt (Willow trees). Another thing we have is an animal farm where we collect milk and wool from.

In addition to this all we have an alliance house, a recruit housing tree and guest housing. We also have several mines restricted to members. There is much, much more but that is enough for now. Anyone interested in joining please let me know in-game and we can talk about your application to be part of our team.^_^
Last edited by Zeno Effect on Tue Dec 23, 2014 07:12, edited 5 times in total.

pepprim

by pepprim » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:pepprim, the shop in question must have been re-tuned as it now works ok giving 1 steel ingot for 5 cobble...
Sure, it has been retuned. I met the owner in game and spoke her about the bug (because I thought it was the right thing, equally to alert the administrators of the server...). Also asked her to warn you if she met you in game before me ... But I guess she not realized that the barter shop shouldn't be retuned so you could check... I can't tell you if she verified the issue before retuning. I guess but you should ask her.

Anyway, maybe it's not anything important... Plenty of barter shops are working fine, but since a few weeks ago the server broke down due to the bug in the money mod, I thought that the best thing was to let you know about the issue.

Thanks for checking Ten.

TenPlus1

Xanadu Addition...

by TenPlus1 » Post

Good news, I've finished work on fire protection for 3d_armor mod, crystal armor can now protect against torches, fire and lava :) each piece of armor adds 1 level to player:

Level 1 protects from torches and fireplace's safe fire
Level 3 protects from actual fire
Level 4 protects from lava

Will update soon :)

vultblooop
In-game: Vultblooop

by vultblooop » Post

i have some tree's
I am of the Suicardal

paramat
Developer

by paramat » Post

TenPlus1, fix for underwater nodes should be merged any minute now, see your PMs for details.

Nomis

by Nomis » Post

Kilarin wrote:Big3Force, are you trying to get in touch with Nomis or the admins?

For my opinion, I'm not certain there is anything the admins are likely to do. Your territory is large, so you inevitably bump against several other peoples builds, and other peoples builds bump against yours.

Leaving a "buffer zone" around other peoples territories is nice, but if the territory is unclaimed, then its unclaimed. And if someone grabs a hunk of unclaimed territory and starts building there, I doubt if there is anything that can be done about it outside of personal negotiations.

But, thats just my opinion. The admins may feel differently. Hopefully you can get in touch with Nomis and work out something mutually agreeable. I feel like we've always been good neighbors in Xanadu, perhaps Nomis can be another good neighbor as well. :)
Quite.

The last thing I agreed was to build within the markers Big3Force left.

Now he has gone and had me removed (I can't play). I am getting annoyed by this. And I really don't see the problem how we left it. He surrounded my land (my land btw) and got me kicked. Do I really need to start campaigning everytime someone has a possession crisis? When I say surrounded I mean protection blocks over, around and underneath the land. Deliberately aggressive action which I did not complain about.

paramat
Developer

by paramat » Post

TenPlus1, there was a delay in merging my fix, it's now merged so test again, see PM.