here is mi skin mi name is alpha777
Attachments
character.png
character.png (3.38 KiB) Viewed 776 times

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

Booky Wooky...

by TenPlus1 » Post

It is now possible to write inside a book and read them by holding book and USE'ing it... Finally something to store inside bookshelves or leave players offline notes... When book text is entered or changed it will automatically be signed by with players name...

Note: due to how book code works, please do not enter ££ in your text as anything after will disappear...

Also, a suggestion box has been setup at spawn for any messages to admin :)

Code: Select all

--= Book (use to read or write to)
minetest.register_craftitem(":default:book", {
	description = "Book (Use to Read or Write Book)",
	inventory_image = "default_book.png",
	groups = {book=1},
	stack_max = 1,

on_use = function(itemstack, user, pointed_thing)
		local text = itemstack:get_metadata()
		local header = string.split(text, '££')[1] or ""
		local writing = string.split(text, '££')[2] or ""
		local formspec = "size[8,8]"..
		default.gui_bg..default.gui_bg_img..default.gui_slots..
		"textarea[.5,.5;7.5,7;text;Book (Authored by "..header..");"..
		minetest.formspec_escape(writing).."]"..
		"button_exit[3,7;2,1;ok;Close]"

minetest.show_formspec(user:get_player_name(), "default:book", formspec)
	end,
})

minetest.register_on_player_receive_fields(function (player, formname, fields)
	-- If text entered in book then check for changes, sign and save
	if ((formname == "default:book") and fields and fields.text) then
		local stack = player:get_wielded_item()
		if (stack:get_name() and minetest.get_item_group(stack:get_name(), "book") ~= 0) then
			local text = stack:to_table()
			local header = string.split(text.metadata, '££')[1] or ""
			local writing = string.split(text.metadata, '££')[2] or ""

if fields.text ~= writing then
				text.metadata = player:get_player_name().."££"..fields.text
				player:set_wielded_item(ItemStack(text))
			end
		end
	end
end)
Last edited by TenPlus1 on Tue Jan 20, 2015 19:18, edited 8 times in total.

Zeno Effect
In-game: Zeno_Effect

Re: Xanadu Server

by Zeno Effect » Post

Not sure what is up but I went inactive a few days talking to a franchise location owner about getting a proposal to the head franchise owner, dealing with delivering my ex a few u-hall loads of stuff and focusing on some other things in real life just to find my privs in Xanadu were stripped when I got back. Why did I have my privs taken?

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Titanius caught you building underneath spawn waters which was against rules at spawn, so privs were stripped...

Zeno Effect
In-game: Zeno_Effect

by Zeno Effect » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:Titanius caught you building underneath spawn waters which was against rules at spawn, so privs were stripped...
Got your PM and responded to it. Hopefully the information I provided you with helps resolve this, apparent, misunderstanding soon. Thanks for letting me know the reason for having my privs stripped.

auouymous
GitHub: auouymous
IRC: air
In-game: auouymous

by auouymous » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:Titanius caught you building underneath spawn waters which was against rules at spawn, so privs were stripped...
Is the water in front of the wooden stargate considered spawn water?

ack

by ack » Post

Well as private PM is ignored I will ask it here. As auouymous asked where are we allowed to build ? I ask this as my privs have now been removed from this server (account "ack") I built quite far away from spawn / portals / stargates. Along with other land builders.. Yet returning back from Xmas break I see I am no longer able to build and harvest. I sent a PM to an administrator, and had no reply. I've been helping people by giving them armour and building and mining equipment. My land was through the Blue teleport, then walking left away from the spawn areas.

Now I go onto the server and see 80% of my land removed. along with a few chests. And strangely the chests that have been removed contained 100s of Crystal Spikes, Meze and Iron. Strange how the best items got removed. Yet the chests with plants and cobble are ignored.

Why was my privs removed without any warning or notices ? Maybe you could have put a sign on my land explaining the actions and who to chat and how to solve the issue before talking all my Spikes ?

Thanks !

Ack

Phiwari123
In-game: Phiwari123

by Phiwari123 » Post

There is a red circle around spawn which shows where the spawn waters end. It was added yesterday to prevent any new misunderstandings to happen.

ack

by ack » Post

My field and chests were well outside that circle.

Phiwari123

by Phiwari123 » Post

I can't say much about that since i am not an admin.
ack wrote:As auouymous asked where are we allowed to build ?
And the thing with the circle only was referring to your question so you know now where to build and where not... I haven't been online on the server since yesterday afternoon so i don't know if anything has changed.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Much confusion has arisen with where players are allowed to build and just saying beyond spawn and surrounding water wasn't clear as too many people were settling on top of the water and getting builds removed as per the rules... To make things as clear as I can, admin would like players to build as far away from spawn as possible to encourage exploration of the map and spread buildings out away from spawn area which on previous maps had becomed so cramped and messy... I've built a red ring around spawn area 100 blocks in radius with a new rule that cleary states that anyone found building inside will be banned, but... I would be very happy if players would not build on the waters nearby to keep the map tidy and venture further inland... thank you...

ack

by ack » Post

TenPlus, thats fine. I was going to try and start helping the 2nd spawn area with the roads to increase more buildings. However, now my chests have been raided of Crystals, Meze and Iron what can I do ? I would like to know who removed my privs, removed 1/2 my land and took my stuff.
- Ack

Phiwari123

by Phiwari123 » Post

Wandering around Xanadu today i found some quite nice and inspiring pieces of landscape which sometimes seem a little bit strange but are still wonderful sceneries and nice places for fantastic buildings.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Very nice, the new mapgen created some beautiful areas :)

pepprim
In-game: pepprim

by pepprim » Post

Phiwari123 wrote:There is a red circle around spawn which shows where the spawn waters end. It was added yesterday to prevent any new misunderstandings to happen.

There is a second "unfinished" / "open"... red line near the beach, starting at green path from spawn. Without protection.

I don't know if maybe it's a malicious fake... or perhaps a first attempt that Ten or Titan forgot to remove... or something else.

Kilarin
GitHub: Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

It's an in-progress redrawing of the line to be closer to the intended borders. Protection will be added soon.

saxmax

by saxmax » Post

Hi guys, glad to see you also on a forum.

I'm still on the beginning of my adventure in this fantastic server, and i would like to thank the admins, you doing great work.

By the way, if i can ask, i stumbled on this while exploring, the other day..
screenshot_3145581697.png
screenshot_3145581697.png (255.99 KiB) Viewed 776 times
It was flying, and it was fleshy, i killed it. Wat was it? o.O

MykieDoesStuff

by MykieDoesStuff » Post

saxmax wrote:Hi guys, glad to see you also on a forum.

I'm still on the beginning of my adventure in this fantastic server, and i would like to thank the admins, you doing great work.

By the way, if i can ask, i stumbled on this while exploring, the other day..
screenshot_3145581697.png
It was flying, and it was fleshy, i killed it. Wat was it? o.O
Just a bug from the old horse mod... that's pretty much it.
For fast response... send me a PM

Kilarin
GitHub: Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

iDevMe wrote:Just a bug from the old horse mod... that's pretty much it.
I've caught them FLYING. But what was most frustrating, was TenPlus1 was nearby and I tried to show it to him. He couldn't see it. Made me look like a crazy guy. I mean, crazier than normal. Chasing invisible pink ghosts kind of crazy. Which is not my NORMAL kind of crazy. Honest....

MykieDoesStuff

by MykieDoesStuff » Post

Kilarin wrote:
iDevMe wrote:Just a bug from the old horse mod... that's pretty much it.
I've caught them FLYING. But what was most frustrating, was TenPlus1 was nearby and I tried to show it to him. He couldn't see it. Made me look like a crazy guy. I mean, crazier than normal. Chasing invisible pink ghosts kind of crazy. Which is not my NORMAL kind of crazy. Honest....

Yea I found the problem quickly and showed it to TenPlus1 after he done the update to the horse mod few weeks - month ago. He is already aware of this issue and I have already told several users about this problem and they should just ignore it. It's not really much of a big problem, however it can be very annoying if you live around the desert area.

NOTE: TitanAnglesmithe is mad at me for whatever reason.... won't do any chatting there to avoid getting some sort of stupid privs revoked. I honestly don't care. Got a problem, just take it to the forum.....
For fast response... send me a PM

srifqi
GitHub: srifqi
IRC: srifqi
In-game: srifqi

Re: Booky Wooky...

by srifqi » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:It is now possible to write inside a book and read them by holding book and USE'ing it... Finally something to store inside bookshelves or leave players offline notes...

Also, a suggestion box has been setup at spawn for any messages to admin :)

--code--
+1
Maybe you can make the formspec (the text area) larger? It's still looks small.
Saya dari Indonesia! · Terjemahkan Minetest! · my mods · My nickname in IPA: /es.rif.qi/

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

The RED line around spawn waters has been completed thanks to Kilarin and we now have a clear marker for where NOT to build around spawn...

ack

by ack » Post

Regarding the Spawn / area NOT allowed to build. All I can repeatedly say is my chests and land was and still is out side both of those borders. (-132, 4, 122) so again a) why was my privs remove, and b) who remove 4 locked chests from my land, containing over 800 Crystal Spikes and 200 Mese and other valuable items like Iron and diamonds they I've spend month mining and walking around.
- Ack

coconut
In-game: Chili

Skin

by coconut » Post

Hello :D

Ten can you put my skin on the xanadu server please?
Thank you :)
The name is "capitan beto"
Attachments
capitan_beto.png
capitan_beto.png (493 Bytes) Viewed 776 times

4aiman

by 4aiman » Post

Hi everyone!

@Ten or any other moderator/admin:

Can I go somewhat creative @Xanadu server?
What I mean is, I'd rather be deprived of "interact" and have all damage disabled for me (including the damage I'm able to cause ATM). On the other hand I'd like to have "fly", "noclip" and "teleport".

The reason for this is that I don't really want to build or fight, but too look and note. So I'd like to become a kind of an observer - a person with moderator-like powers in terms of non-limited movement but deprived of any ability to interact with the world save for sending messages (maybe only private - I don't care).

I can promise that I won't cause any troubles (how can I with interact disabled?) and won't help anyone by supplying any info on ores/monsters/etc whereabouts as well as I won't spread any rumors etc.

Please, PM me whatever the answer will be.
P.S.: The in-game name's the same.