IRC: Big3Force
In-game: Big3Force

Re: Xanadu Server

by Big3Force » Post

firefox
In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Post

ethereal is awesome! i choose this server just because of that.
i wonder why it is the only server using this mapgen ...

could you add this skin please?
my player name is Red_Fox

EDIT: removed attachment
Last edited by firefox on Mon Dec 21, 2015 20:22, edited 1 time in total.
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

4aiman

by 4aiman » Post

It's because.... IDK really :)

Moreover, the "magichet" game is the only game which uses ethereal, so either one "pure ethereal" or my outdated but heavily edited version of it. And so far only Ten have built up a server (mine's down for a couple of months - being busy with various stuff).

But with newest commits to mgv7 I've found it impossible to get a sane landscape with it.
Sadly, Ethereal and Xanadu can't do without v7.

Anyway, can I have my privileges changed?

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

4aiman wrote: Anyway, can I have my privileges changed?
sounds like you are applying for a tourist visa ;-P

4aiman

by 4aiman » Post

Actually, that's kinda like what I want to achieve ;-p
I've no time to play fair but do not want to spoil everyone's experience )

ack

by ack » Post

So no reply means no support for non prefered members ?
Maybe you should mention that on a notice "Warning, we reserve the right to steel and remove your stuff from your private chests without explaining why. Use of this server at your own risk!"

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

ack: dont be silly, builds are removed if they break the rules and are erected where they should'nt be, nothing sinister like you make it to be...

ack

by ack » Post

Sorry, my mistake, I didnt know I had to repeat the question.

I have NOT built WITHIN the spawn NEW area,, before it was there, or even after it was there... So why was my land removed,,, additionally, why did someone remove ONLY the chests that contain 800+ Crystal Spikes and Iron and Meze and so on,, and NOT the chests next to it that contained food or plants. As i said, it seems to me someone who can see inside chests, thought they're nice, I'll have them.. and they are gone. Just my farm land and these chests have been removed,, Not the dirt, or the trees, or less important chests.

So Who and why, and where is my stuff ?

- Ack

Kilarin
GitHub: Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

Ack, an Admin will have to answer as to why your build was removed, but please remember that the original rule was "do not build in the water near spawn." So a build that is outside the current red line could still have been "in the waters near spawn" before the red line was added.

But on your issue of someone trying to steal your chests. Assuming the area was protected, the ONLY people who could have removed your build were the admins, who have /giveme. They would have NO incentive to "steal" your crystals at all. There is NO conspiracy here. Just a disagreement over whether your build was in a forbidden location or not.

auouymous
GitHub: auouymous
IRC: air
In-game: auouymous

by auouymous » Post

@ack
What are the coordinates of your place?

DevilRomeoAPLUS
In-game: DevilRomeo2

by DevilRomeoAPLUS » Post

may i know whats the seed is :/ just asking
Bananana Banananana *Nom*

srifqi
GitHub: srifqi
IRC: srifqi
In-game: srifqi

by srifqi » Post

DevilRomeoAPLUS wrote:may i know whats the seed is :/ just asking
The seed is
Saya dari Indonesia! · Terjemahkan Minetest! · my mods · My nickname in IPA: /es.rif.qi/

ack

by ack » Post

auouymous wrote:@ack
What are the coordinates of your place?
(-132, 4, 122)

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

Ack, I've went and saw your location, and I've got a couple of questions.
#1 Your place appears to still be intact, I'm confused by that if you think an admin destroyed it. Will have to wait for an admin to answer on that. Is there any chance that some of your chests weren't protected?

BUT, on the red line issue, like I said before, the red line is NEW. And if you will notice, the red line dodges AROUND your property. I did that because I was trying to go around existing protection nodes. Not because your property wasn't extending way over the shore line.

clymancer
GitHub: clymancer
IRC: clymancer
In-game: clymancer

by clymancer » Post

Heh. I'll check this out later. Awesome!
If you hide in the telnet, you will be found.
If you hide in Windows, you will be found.

ack

by ack » Post

Kilarin wrote:Ack, I've went and saw your location, and I've got a couple of questions.
#1 Your place appears to still be intact, I'm confused by that if you think an admin destroyed it. Will have to wait for an admin to answer on that. Is there any chance that some of your chests weren't protected?

BUT, on the red line issue, like I said before, the red line is NEW. And if you will notice, the red line dodges AROUND your property. I did that because I was trying to go around existing protection nodes. Not because your property wasn't extending way over the shore line.
I had to log onto this server again to check. are you telling me you can't see that 4 chests are missing at the top and one in the middle ? Also, from the "stargate" you notice my land is missing going towards these chests ?

Am I missing something here ? Is there actually an admin that has access to these logs and can view these chests and explain what I've been asking for. These chests HAD stuff in them, and were locked.

If admin can not explain this, then doesn't that mean the server is not monitored or safe for other players to play. If it can happen to me,, it can happen to anyone. Being an administrator has responsibility. You CAN NOT just go around cherry picking the chests off normal players..

That is NOT playing fair.

- Ack

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Ack: I've checked the coords you gave which sits outside of the spawn line so would never be touched by admin, also since the wall of chests are all locked no-one apart from yourself could take anything from them or remove a chest since admin would have no reason to do so...

ack

by ack » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:Ack: I've checked the coords you gave which sits outside of the spawn line so would never be touched by admin, also since the wall of chests are all locked no-one apart from yourself could take anything from them or remove a chest since admin would have no reason to do so...
Ten, that explains it. I was wondering for weeks how my land, protectors and 4 highly laden chests got removed. I must have removed them myself. Thanks for telling me about my own laps of memory.

Now I guess that's cleared up ** NOT **

Who has access to the logs ? Go see who removed the chest from that location and get them to explain themselves.

srifqi
GitHub: srifqi
IRC: srifqi
In-game: srifqi

by srifqi » Post

ack wrote: Who has access to the logs ? Go see who removed the chest from that location and get them to explain themselves.
Doesn't Titanius disable the logging to get server faster?
Saya dari Indonesia! · Terjemahkan Minetest! · my mods · My nickname in IPA: /es.rif.qi/

ack

by ack » Post

srifqi wrote:Doesn't Titanius disable the logging to get server faster?
Oh, and we forgot I removed my own privileges too while I was at it. I guess that's not logged either.

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

ack wrote: are you telling me you can't see that 4 chests are missing at the top and one in the middle
Since I don't know what it looked like before, its not easy to tell that 4 chest were supposed to be there.

BUT, went back and checked. The hole in the middle is protected, but the place on the top row where there are not any chests is NOT protected. So someone probably discovered they weren't protected and took them. sorry. People are, unfortunately, sometimes jerks.

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

case closed
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959

ack

by ack » Post

Kilarin wrote: Since I don't know what it looked like before, its not easy to tell that 4 chest were supposed to be there.

BUT, went back and checked. The hole in the middle is protected, but the place on the top row where there are not any chests is NOT protected. So someone probably discovered they weren't protected and took them. sorry. People are, unfortunately, sometimes jerks.
Okay, lets assume I'm not lying and there was 4 chests at the top containing all my valuable stuff. I logged back in as "ack2" (don't ban me for now having multiple accounts) to see if i can remove another one. Surprise, I can not remove "ack" unprotected chest. So now we're going back to the beginning and explaining this again.

After the xmas holiday. I logged onto the server to find my permissions have been removed. I am unable to eat, dig, open chests or even send messages. Someone must have done this. I then go to my land and find the wheat growing between dagenja's land and the chests have been removed (where there is now water to get to my land was a bridge and crop and trees). So I come on here to ask.

What you're (not you Kilarin, but people saying I removed it myself) assuming is I am either lying about this, or am hiding the fact and actually removed the chests and land (oh, and some how removed my permissions, is that possible ??).. So, I will tell you that I am also gold_digger on "Just Test" server. And if you kindly go on there, I can leave a notice in my shop, lets say beween my "nyan cat"'s so you can read the words "yes, i am ack on Xandau too". so you can verify this and see how much stuff I do have on there and have NO reason to actually lie or anything.

Infact, the Cystal Spikes (which "ack" is still carrying 80+ in my 4 trolleys) are not the point. I don't even need them, its the principle of the whole Admin has power but not responsibilities. I came on here, to explore and consider changing servers from lags just testing to here. Well....

If an administrator removes someone privs, shouldn't they be recorded... And how about being re-instated so I can eat and continue on this server ? Secondly, why has that administrator taken it upon themselves to remove the Highly valuable items from my chest stack ? I would have thought they had "give <user> <item>" privs aslwell.. Unless it was a sub-admin that doesn't have this full access, but can steel items...

- Ack (aka gold_digger)

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Ack, this is getting out of control already and I really do not wish to repeat myself over and over... Xanadu has two admin, Titanius and myself (TenPlus1) both with FULL privs inc. give so we wouldn't need to steal anything on server... The server logs only record so much then get recycled to speed up the server so whatever happened to your chests was in the older logs so no way of knowing that far back... The only other thing I could imagine happening is a map glitch of that area causing corruption of the chests and protection nodes...