TenPlus1
GitHub: tenplus1

Re: Xanadu Server

by TenPlus1 » Post

which building is that???

prestidigitator

by prestidigitator » Post

firefox wrote:according to the results of my wildlife studies, Dungeon Masters have Extra Sensual Perception (ESP) with large range. you cannot hide from them behind walls, they will always find you.
They and their bigger, nastier rock-giantish cousins are also very, very prevalent down around -1000. I swear their population must be many thousands of times greater than that of the humans (players) of the world. Keep your bags handy and open and deposit anything interesting you mine in them every 30 seconds or so to minimize your loss WHEN you die. Hopping around like a mad bunny with a sword and diamond armor may keep you alive for a minute or so, but by the time they drop you into a 30m or so hole there's not much room for escape, and even though getting hit may only drop you by half a heart or so each time, SOMETHING (the fire? the drop?) seems to always insta-kill you after a few of their hits.

Yeah. Annoying. I guess it's the challenge, but there's never much time to mine in peace if you go deep.

ABJ
GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ
Location: In Earth orbit, with a perigee of 1048 km and an apogee of 1337 km and an inclination of 69 degrees.

by ABJ » Post

T N T wrote:which building is that???

DragonGrade
In-game: DragonGrade

by DragonGrade » Post

The server is crashing a loooooooooooot right now could u (admins or moderators) fix it???

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

The crashing is due to segfault abd bad::alloc errors in minetest 0.4.12 itself and going back to 0.4.11 would mean many mods would have to be re-written... Please be patient as we are all working on a solution for this...

DragonGrade

by DragonGrade » Post

:(

DragonGrade

by DragonGrade » Post

i can't use ma other acount because the name is too long????

Raider4
IRC: Raider4
In-game: Raider4

by Raider4 » Post

My privs got revoked for no reason at all :(

DragonGrade

by DragonGrade » Post

My privs are taken away and i can't use ma other acount because it's name is too long WTF?????

IceAgeComing

by IceAgeComing » Post

DragonGrade wrote:My privs are taken away and i can't use ma other acount because it's name is too long WTF?????
From what i have heard, your privs were taken away cause you were cought building on top of spawn. Not your first time breaking rules either...

horse_lover
IRC: LizzardBeth
In-game: horse_lover LizzardBeth

by horse_lover » Post

firefox wrote: i climbed the highest mountain on Xanadu!
Well firefox, you climbed the tallest mountain in Xanadu, but I think I *may* have found the largest forest of healing wood trees. It stretches across almost the entire mountain top. I'm not sure if it is wild, but I'm almost positive it is since it is not protected and there is also no sign of anyone being there.
Image Image
I also made a new friend!
I like how they make the explosion sounds and throw snowballs in your face but I think they should do more damage. All I was wearing were crystal boots and I didn't take any damage..
Attachments
snow-monster.png
(142.49 KiB) Not downloaded yet
healing-wood.png
(450.38 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Blue Roses are my thing
Love horses ;D
Fishies too <3 Fish Lore - Aquarium Fish Information

DragonGrade

by DragonGrade » Post

DragonGrade

by DragonGrade » Post

IceAgeComing wrote:From what i have heard, your privs were taken away cause you were cought building on top of spawn. Not your first time breaking rules either...
I told Ten that i was doing that.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

and in doing so you broke the rules right in front of admin...

invaderzim

by invaderzim » Post

hello ten i would like to tell you about recent events that i have had happen that need explanation. just today i was banned by shinji/titan because i was quote unquote dating but that event happend over two weeks ago and he and bonny hav don nothing but hassle me about it i have promised not to do it ever again and appologized repeatedly but every time my ban is liffted by you bonny and shinji instantly bann me right when i get on i have two other account that have the same bann but nothing was done on either titan has gone crazy with power he just when around the sever killing people today i need your help all i want to do is play and mine and have friends botumin has even tryed to help by exlaining this exact thing. i sinserly appologize for any inconvenence i have caused you and this server . please un bann my account of invaderzim i do not wish any harm to you or others because of this event. i am deeply sorry.

prestidigitator

by prestidigitator » Post

Might be a better thing to resolve via instant message than a public forum thread....

Bonny

by Bonny » Post

invaderzim wrote:hello ten i would like to tell you about recent events that i have had happen that need explanation. just today i was banned by shinji/titan because i was quote unquote dating but that event happend over two weeks ago and he and bonny hav don nothing but hassle me about it i have promised not to do it ever again and appologized repeatedly but every time my ban is liffted by you bonny and shinji instantly bann me right when i get on i have two other account that have the same bann but nothing was done on either titan has gone crazy with power he just when around the sever killing people today i need your help all i want to do is play and mine and have friends botumin has even tryed to help by exlaining this exact thing. i sinserly appologize for any inconvenence i have caused you and this server . please un bann my account of invaderzim i do not wish any harm to you or others because of this event. i am deeply sorry.
Thats not true..i took your 2nd account privs because you came saying titan isnt god and noone can stop you from your love

botumin
In-game: botumin

by botumin » Post

I see this has exploded a bit, and while I agree with prestidigitador (and had suggested to invaderzim she write a private message and not a forum post, after having seen similar requests on this thread), I guess this brings up another thing.

I'm not completely certain of the events that lead to this particular ban as I was not online at the time, and yesterday Titanius warned me to stop pushing the issue (so I did before finding out all the details). But I'm thinking maybe certain rules/policies should be stated more clearly (or at all). Specifically the three strikes.

I have no idea what lead to the banning, I only know it was a clear breaking of the dating rule, but from Shinji's messages yesterday I wonder if it was a lot more than that, in which case, hey, his server, his discretion.

And if he feels that strongly about dating, then again, his server, his prerogative, but I think it'd help the very good atmosphere the server has if all this was clearly stated: "if you break the other rules, you get three strikes (each of one meaning you loose all possessions you have in that account), but for dating none".

Just to make it clear, I'm not arguing against his choice, I already said I'd stop, I'm just asking if the three strikes policy could be stated clearly somewhere all users can be made aware (as I was only made aware of it by being online at the same time Ten mentioned it).

I definitely don't promote dating, I find it a bit silly to "date" in these games, and if that's one of your rules, we must abide or go away (no biggie). I once asked Titanius about that rule, but mostly because I was even baffled that it came to be a problem.

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

botumin wrote: I find it a bit silly to "date" in these games, and if that's one of your rules, we must abide or go away (no biggie). I once asked Titanius about that rule, but mostly because I was even baffled that it came to be a problem.
It does seem ridiculous. Minetest is not a great chat application, and seems like a really lousy place to date. But the WHY of the rule is really very simple. There are kids on Xanadu, some of them VERY young. And there is no way for the server owner to reliably confirm the age of the players. So allowing "dating" on the server opens up at least two problems:

1: That you could be providing a place for child predators to find and connect with underage victims. And there is NO WAY that Titanius is going to allow his server to do that. He wants to provide a place where not just adults, but children have a SAFE place to play.

2: Not as important as #1, but still significant is the fact that by allowing "dating" when you do not know the ages of your players opens you up to possible legal ramifications if someone comes back later to sue because they (or their children) were inappropriately exposed and exploited on your server.

I think when you consider the above you can see why the server takes the "no dating" rule seriously. And since "No Dating" is stated very clearly in multiple languages at spawn, it seems to me that it should not be such a confusing issue to so many people.

firefox
In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Post

setting up a barter shop caused trouble to many users and there isn't an ingame explanation how to do it.
so i made this screenshot of my own shop to show you. : )
screenshot_20150507_143053.png
(294.33 KiB) Not downloaded yet
the first line is the name of the shop that will be displayed when a player holds their mouse over it.
node A is what you sell, B is what you want to receive in exchange.
the upper 2 lines are for the item names. you have to enter the exact names. use a node inspector or the /holding command to display an items name.
the lower 2 lines are for the amount you want to trade.
in this case my shop gives a player 12 red wool for 1 gold lump.

that's it. if you want to change your shop, just dig it and it will be disabled. then you can change the lines and "Retune" it.
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

Kilarin wrote:
2: Not as important as #1, but still significant is the fact that by allowing "dating" when you do not know the ages of your players opens you up to possible legal ramifications if someone comes back later to sue because they (or their children) were inappropriately exposed and exploited on your server.
are you kidding? That is a big issue and also a reason why admins seldom allow languages on their servers that they do not understand or mods they have not tested (among other reasons of course).
No matter what the law of any country says, if someone claims some illegal talk is going on, in whatever media, it is taken down first and then investigated if it was valid. Usually the presumed offences turn out to be harmless but safety goes first - sort of

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

twoelk wrote:are you kidding? That is a big issue
I said it was not as important as #1 because, from speaking to Titanius, I believe that actually protecting children and young people is a higher priority for him than just avoiding lawsuits.

invaderzim

by invaderzim » Post

Can I at least have my privs back on one of my accounts plz I promise never to do or say among like that again I'm so sorry

iska
In-game: iska

by iska » Post

Just dropping by saying Hi!, and... server been crashing very much for past hours, now its every few minutes. Maybe reboot or something would ease it a bit(?)

Cheers, luckily its saturday evening ;)

firefox
In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Post

a few days ago i found this:
screenshot_20150507_191306.png
(413.86 KiB) Not downloaded yet
since the architect wanted to stay anonymous, he/she did not place protectors there, so i was able to remove it.

free cobble, yay! after some alchemical transmutation i had another buch of sandstone blocks.
Last edited by firefox on Sun May 10, 2015 15:14, edited 1 time in total.
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨