[Server] Xanadu

ABJ
GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ
Location: In Earth orbit, with a perigee of 1048 km and an apogee of 1337 km and an inclination of 69 degrees.

Re: Xanadu Server

by ABJ » Post

Thank you for the information. However, I'm SURE it was you who called me lazy. It WAS you. And, even if you didn't speak caps (Which I doubt :P) you were still insulting me and letting others insult me and kick me for little or no reason. And if there was a stargate at every path. WHY DIDN'T ANYONE SHOW ME? All info I got was "walk down the yellow path a little until you get to the ICE stargate". HOW exactly am I supposed to recognize stargates in the giant mess that was downtown Xanadu? So I got the impression that I must walk till end and at end there is ICE stargate. And you are still the culprit. Saying "I can't believe I am bothering to reply to that" does a pretty poor job of victimizing yourself. You were the person who started this. You could have ignored me. I hadn't said anything about you or anybody else worth replying to.
Poor old self-viktimizer!
And again, I must take note about the un-adult behavior of you and almost all others on the server at the moment.

ABJ
Location: In Earth orbit, with a perigee of 1048 km and an apogee of 1337 km and an inclination of 69 degrees.

by ABJ » Post

And I would maybe not have "started" this if you hadn't been crazy enough to tell me to go mine DIAMONDS when you should know that noobs don't JUST go mine diamond in a few minutes. And I was desperate and frustrated to the point of swearing. And you and your gang of "m0d$" made it worse. I WILL mine but seriously, WTF??? 9 diamonds???
And it must be noted that all of you tend to love using power. I have NEVER so far remember seeing a "good" mod except Skrote. (I may have seen more that I don't remember)
S h a m e o n y o u .

neri2

by neri2 » Post

All I am going to say on the subject because my time is valuable to me and I will not waste it on arguing with people who are for the most part irrational. This is MY view on how I do things.

1 This game as well as any other game that was ever invented is made for enjoyment. That being said if you detract from the playing enjoyment of others due to poor attitude, rude behavior, or generally making other players who are there to enjoy the game and the world that was created for them not just you, you will be spoken to. If I have players who are asking me in chat or in whisper to please do something because they cant take it anymore I WILL act on it. The game is not just for any one person.
2 IF you do not at least attempt to change the behaviors that are causing disruption to your fellow players then you will be spoken to again and explained to again. However, I only have so much patience with idiocy and whinyness.
3 If you do not comply I will kick. I will not have a problem with that. If you come back ranting which you and a few others have I will kick again and again I have no problem with that.
4 Do you think MT is free? Let me correct your way of thinking. MT is NOT free. It is free to you yes, free to me ofc ,however, it is NOT free to server owners. These generous people spend real money to let YOU play. They pay for computer upgrades to keep the server running, they pay for the extra bandwidth to keep the traffic flowing smoothly. SO if you go to ANY server or ANY game server for that matter keep that in mind it is only courteous.
5 COURTESY its a real word learn it! You have NO right to come on annoy staff and other players for your whiny, self centered enjoyment. If a game is tough, any game, learn it ,get better at it, or find a different game you are more suited for.

Please keep your tongue in check your attitude towards staff who donate their time and other players in line it is only courteous and fair.

Neri..

ABJ

by ABJ » Post

Think about what YOU did before trying to join the flame war.

What kind of a Miss Understanding is this??????

I did not come here for "self centered whatever". I would willingly help others. It's just that people who try to make me rage and THEN blame me for "ruining otherswhatever" that are causing all this. I don't understand what you mean by ruining fellow players enjoyment. I personally have lived through many quarrels. I did NOT say anything about the server owner. And I kept my tongue in check. If I hadn't your chat would have been filled with ALL CAPS SWEAR FILLED POTTYMESSAGES. Now I know how power-hungry staff on big servers are. And IceAgeComing didn't even NEED to rekindle the fire and start this!!!! I had said nothing about him OR anyone else on the post. And in my opinion you people "donate their time and whatever else you said" to either troll or you are lying. And I kept getting kicked when I tried to explain. If you just think telling ppl randomly to go mine diamonds or have no house, you are just putting TNT on the fire. And calling me "lazy" and then kicking me is not going to help. And now other mods are also into kicking me as soon as they realize I'm here. And again and again I'm telling you deaf and blind ppl that I DON'T HATE MT AND THAT I WAS JUST MAD AT YOU. And also you have forgotten due to your power how hard it is to mine even coal on this server. And that combined with fact that I don't have a bag. And that you love calling me idiot and names and trying to scare me and embarrass me. And YOU PPL COULD JUST HAVE SAID NO. INSTEAD OF LENGTHNING IT AND TAKING UNNECESSARY RISKS. Only now did HE remember to tell me he was not a taxi service and not say *** at me!!! You are probably like that too. In fact, I believe you are worse. I STILL haven't forgotten the caps you and your gang hurled at me and how you kicked me when I tried to explain. You. Will. Not. Lie. To. Me.
This server is Minecraft, not Minetest, and thus now I've decided to have nothing to do with it.
===End of Story===
And final note: No postranting at me. Or I might return. And do NOT tell others your beefed up stories about me. If you do. then remember that I don't tolerate getting pottymouthed.
You are a disgrace to all.

DragonGrade
In-game: DragonGrade

by DragonGrade » Post

Hey ABJ I understand u are mad but could and ICEAGECOMING pls just PM??? and BTW is Ten still alive he just won't reply to my ******* PM ?!?!?!?!!! :(.

neri2

by neri2 » Post

First no one tried to make u rage. From your posts you seem to have anger issues all on your own as evidenced by the caps and as you succinctly put "swears filled potty mouthed messages" that you could say. Just evidenced by your response to my post which could be directed towards you or any other player that games. Your response ofc is a rage filled rant.

This is the issue. One of the main ones at least. Your lack or courtesy and respect when dealing with others staff or player alike. You did keep your tongue in check to a degree but your biggest failing was not attempting to try to understand what staff was explaining as I said before there is only so much patience to be had you know. As evidenced in your post here about "donate you time and whatever else" clearly shows you are STILL not trying to understand staff or other players and what they are saying so I will not waste my time reiterating myself on that point.
Frankly, here is the brutal truth from me. I don't CARE if you like MT or not. It does not bother me in the least and I would never bother to respond to that because I don't. I like MT that's what matters to me.
As for mining it is not hard every single player staff owner or admin started off as simply a player. We know how hard or easy it is. As I stated before play the game, if its to hard then you need to find another game simple as that.
As for the rest of your ranting post you really need to take a step back because your rants are simply incomprehensible there for not worth or create an inability to respond to.
I make no apologies for kicking u the 2 times I did so and would kick you again if you came back with the poor attitude you had when you were on yesterday.
Btw the server is minetest not minecraft ( you got it mixed up)and if you choose to leave that is fine with me. Perhaps it is better if you do so for everyone involved.
Take care happy gaming and gl, Neri...

neri2

by neri2 » Post

DragonGrade wrote:Hey ABJ I understand u are mad but could and ICEAGECOMING pls just PM??? and BTW is Ten still alive he just won't reply to my ******* PM ?!?!?!?!!! :(.
HI Dragon Ten IS alive just busy so sometimes it takes awhile to reply okay? :)

DragonGrade

by DragonGrade » Post

Ok

DragonGrade

by DragonGrade » Post

To all moderators and Admins of Xandu it's true that the tp potion are hard to make couldn't there be 6 different tp potions??? a iron tp potion that costs a __glass bottle and a steel block to tp max.1000 block's away__ a copper tp potion that costs __a glass bottle and 8 copper to tp max.3000 block's away__ a bronze tp potion that costs __a glass bottle and 8 bronze to tp max.4000 block's away__ a mese tp potion that costs __a glass bottle and a mese block to tp max.15000 block's away__ a tp diamond potion that costs__ a glass bottle and a diamond block to to max.50000 block's away__ and at least but not least a crystal potion that costs_ a glass bottle and 8 crystal to to max 200000 blocks away__ :) you guys can change the distance's if u want but pls do something like this I maybe don't have privs but it will help the noobs to get a bit faster far away maybe some of those potion are overpower or too weak but that's why I told u can change the distance's. See ya!

///DragonGrade///
Last edited by DragonGrade on Thu May 21, 2015 15:15, edited 1 time in total.

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

dartmouth wrote:sounds mature and grown up to me...
Indeed.

Just a little word of advice ABJ, from someone who missed the original hullabaloo. You are NOT helping your case here. Honestly. It's kind of ironic when you throw a temper tantrum and rant and rave and then call other people immature.

Step back, take a few deep breaths. Calm down. Look back over the thread and see if you really think you are putting your best foot forward here? Hmmm?

Phiwari123
In-game: Phiwari123

by Phiwari123 » Post

-- DELETED --
Last edited by Phiwari123 on Mon May 25, 2015 12:02, edited 1 time in total.

TenPlus1
GitHub: tenplus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Xanadu is a medeival survival server which can be difficult at first to grasp but once you obtain wood (green path) and ores (red path public mine) then you can setup a home and start doing more rather than simple surviving...

Asking for items from other players is a no go, they survive and so should you although barter is more than fine...

Please do NOT argue on the forums, it's messy and never comes across in a good way, if you have a problem msg me in forum instead...

DragonGrade: Your account was disabled for a reason, use your DragonGrade2 accound from now on to play...

auouymous
GitHub: auouymous
IRC: air
In-game: auouymous

by auouymous » Post

I joined the server and went to the public mine on red path. A starvation monster attacked me and I had nothing to kill it, lost all my stuff. So I walked 1900 meters away from red path, collecting onions to eat along the way, they taste terrible! I finally found a spot to settle down, made shelter, some farms, and dug a mine to repeatedly die in. It was hard but now I have all of this http://mt.qzx.com/xanadu/.

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

Nice work auouymous!
I must have starved a dozen times while trying to figure out how to survive on Xanadu and now my farm looks like this:
And I have this kind of stuff built around it: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8494&start=500#p169891

It's so much more fun to fight against adversity and build something yourself than to just have people give you stuff!

Xanthin
GitHub: Xanthin
IRC: Xanthin
In-game: Xanthin

by Xanthin » Post

Kilarin wrote: It's so much more fun to fight against adversity and build something yourself than to just have people give you stuff!
Agree!

And always when it comes to the topic of starvation I have to think about this situation:
Xanthin wrote:And at the end of the journey a little rest in this nice restaurant.
ironically, this was the place where I died my first time, from starvation.
viewtopic.php?p=140716#p140716

Then I discovered the rough onion/strawberry diet. :D

Nice to see you back auouymous.

firefox
In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Post

when i joined the server, i had no idea how to play on a server. i just expected more fun, because you are not alone.
in the beginning i died 5 times because i didn't notice the signs wich gave hints.
but i made it anyway. i defeated a spider with bare hands and then moved on to unknown lands.

i arrived 2km away from spawn in a nice volcanic biome without any plants or trees.
i settled there and named it the Burning Lands.
my first building was a small white temple made from clay that i collected on my way there.
it is now known as the Holy Tree Shrine.

then i tried all the stargates to gather food and materials from other lands and build up my home in the Burning Lands.
then i spent all my iron and 2 weeks of mining to build a railway to the Burning Lands so that people can visit me.
that is the bad thing about being too far away, but therefore you can do whatever you want.
i opened a public mine (the Magma Mine) and build a public forest (the Floating Gardens) and now a lot of people live with me.

also there is a little trick about food:
you need just one single onion, potato or whatever. plant and harvest it and it will multiply exponentially.
after i started a small farm with 8 fields and constantly harvested, i had so much food that i didn't have to care about it for 2 months.
✨🏳️‍🌈♠️✨

auouymous

by auouymous » Post

Xanthin wrote:Then I discovered the rough onion/strawberry diet.
A tomato plant produces more food than an onion plant during the same time period. Onions are second best though.
firefox wrote:then i spent all my iron and 2 weeks of mining to build a railway to the Burning Lands so that people can visit me
I still need to lay about 1500 meters of track in my tunnel. But those rails eat up resources really fast.
firefox wrote:you need just one single onion, potato or whatever. plant and harvest it and it will multiply exponentially.
Unless the greed takes over and you eat it all before replanting. :)

Xanthin
GitHub: Xanthin
IRC: Xanthin
In-game: Xanthin

by Xanthin » Post

auouymous wrote:
Xanthin wrote:Then I discovered the rough onion/strawberry diet.
A tomato plant produces more food than an onion plant during the same time period. Onions are second best though
That's right. But that is more than one year ago, before all those precious vegetables and foods were added.
Meanwhile, I have left these hard days behind me and indulge myself with pumpkin pie, smothies and sundays a slice of cake. :D
firefox wrote:... to build a railway to the Burning Lands so that people can visit me
And it's really worth the trip, on the long track. I like what you've created there.

neri2

by neri2 » Post

Wow all of you that have started from nothing and clawed your ways to awesomeness. Gratz guys you should be proud the builds are great and your ability to adapt and thrive inspiring to new players im sure :)
Keep up the good job and the server will be ones of the very finest. Btw Kilarin your place is still awesome xD

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

neri2 wrote:your place is still awesome
Thank you, but its mostly because of the great stuff OTHER people are building there. :)

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

Would it be possible to get a password reset. I have forgotten mine from ages ago. My ingame name is jojoa1997
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

I've re-visited Xanandu again yesterday. There are a lot of great buildings there, and lots of very decorative nodes that invite players to build. I particulary like the baked clay, which can be turned into very nice houses.

Food was less of a problem. There was a green path that led to a place with a public field where melons grew. Harvesting the field and replanting for the next player kept me going on food for hours, and I still have food. Wood was slightly more difficult. There is a public tree farm, but the leaves yielded too few spalings, so I wasn't able to replant entirely. Judging from how the tree farm locked, other players had similar problems (many trees where stripped of their *leaves* instead of their tree trunks - probably to get more saplings).

The stargates that led to diffrent areas all wore helpful inscriptions of where they led to. The need to create that terribly expensive teleportation potion did not arise. Other than that, there's no indication that diamonds are more difficult to get than on other servers - except perhaps for the slow walk and many monsters.

I still had bags from before. Getting new ones requires to kill poor cows, which are very peaceful and just stand around. I don't know what they do when attacked since I didn't want to kill a peaceful mob. There are so many aggressive ones out there who deserve it far more. Players who don't want to kill peaceful mobs ought to be offered alternatives. And a small bag for starters wouldn't hurt either (provided it's not already given upon join).

What I still don't like about the server is the protection mod. The almost invisible protectors are almost ok, but it's tiresome to place all those so that the entire building will be protected. If it's not sufficiently protected, griefers will come and destroy the not protected parts, and the admins will be unable to help. At least the protector does not cost too much - 8 stones and a steel ingot will do and protect a 10x10x10 area. Still, the areas mod is far more suitable for players who wish to build.

Another issue are the torches. I personally don't like it that you loose health when standing where a torch is. Taste may vary, but I really don't like it at all.

There was a great, extremly long railway that looped through the entire town and climbed up Kilarin's impressive tree and showed all the biomes. Riding it with a cart failed for multiple reasons, but it was helpful as a path to follow in order to get a view on the city. It's an amazingly long tour. Hopefullly, the carts will work soon again.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

Sokomine wrote:There was a great, extremly long railway that looped through the entire town
That huge city is Big3Force's Capitol City. Pretty incredible with some pretty incredible rail lines! It also connects to the tree house up at the mushroom biome level.
Sokomine wrote:Hopefullly, the carts will work soon again.
Agreed! I miss working carts!

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Kilarin wrote: That huge city is Big3Force's Capitol City. Pretty incredible with some pretty incredible rail lines! It also connects to the tree house up at the mushroom biome level.
All the more impressive if it has been done by one player alone! It's a nice place to visit. Xanandu is an excellent server for sightseeing :-) Regarding the rails, I just followed them down from the top of your tree and had a very long, joyful tour through the tree and the town.
A list of my mods can be found here.

auouymous

by auouymous » Post

Sokomine wrote:There is a public tree farm, but the leaves yielded too few spalings, so I wasn't able to replant entirely.
I just watched a video yesterday from Voxelands where leaves decay and fall to the ground, and saplings or grass is automatically planted. Something like that would solve most of the public tree farm issues.
Sokomine wrote:I don't know what they do when attacked since I didn't want to kill a peaceful mob. There are so many aggressive ones out there who deserve it far more.
Cows and pigs now fight back, slaughtering new players. I've hunt animals in real life but I do agree that games should provide alternatives to hunting for resources animals drop. Fake leather bags...
Sokomine wrote:Another issue are the torches. I personally don't like it that you loose health when standing where a torch is. Taste may vary, but I really don't like it at all.
Torches no longer burn, or maybe they no longer burn through crystal armor. They did until recently.