[Server] Xanadu

Kilarin
GitHub: Kilarin

Re: Xanadu Server

by Kilarin » Post

auouymous wrote:Torches no longer burn, or maybe they no longer burn through crystal armor. They did until recently.
Yes, crystal armor makes you immune to fire.
auouymous wrote:Cows and pigs now fight back, slaughtering new players. I've hunt animals in real life but I do agree that games should provide alternatives to hunting for resources animals drop. Fake leather bags...
Bags being made out of leather now is a BIG game changer. 6 wood and 1 stick was pretty easy for a new player to get. 6 leather is a lot harder for them to obtain. And after that, it becomes quite the slaughter house:

1 small bag = 2 dead cows (3 leather each)
1 medium bag = 6 small bags = 12 dead cows
1 large bag = 6 medium bags = 72 dead cows
1 trolly = 6 large bags = 432 dead cows.

that is quite the slaughter.

Achilles
In-game: Achilles

by Achilles » Post

"Slaughter is the best medicine"

The Ironic Thing About Common Sense Is That It Isn't Very Common

prestidigitator

by prestidigitator » Post

auouymous wrote:
Sokomine wrote:...games should provide alternatives to hunting for resources animals drop. Fake leather bags...
Yeah. Wool or hemp (vines?) for bags might make sense. And it'd be nice to have a good vegetarian pizza option. ;-)

auouymous
GitHub: auouymous
IRC: air
In-game: auouymous

by auouymous » Post

So I just finished placing rails in my tunnel and find out that rats on the track will stop the cart. I then tried placing stone ladders on top of the stone next to the track to stop the rats from spawning. But it appears rats don't care what they spawn on. Is there any way to stop them from spawning below ground? If not, could they be changed to only spawn on stone and other natural blocks?

prestidigitator

auouymous wrote:So I just finished placing rails in my tunnel and find out that rats on the track will stop the cart. I then tried placing stone ladders on top of the stone next to the track to stop the rats from spawning. But it appears rats don't care what they spawn on. Is there any way to stop them from spawning below ground? If not, could they be changed to only spawn on stone and other natural blocks?
Try dropping down a 1000m shaft and landing on a rat halfway down. Hint: the rat survives.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Kilarin wrote: 1 trolly = 6 large bags = 432 dead cows.

that is quite the slaughter.
Urgs! Seems somebody out there hates cows a lot :-( Poor beasts!

At least the small bags ought to be available to new players. I still have mine which I crafted using the old system. Even if the server's supposed to be difficult, it ought to be survivable. People are sent on their way with a small bag with spare underwear at least :-) And why not make larger bags and trolleys craftable out of wood? 423 wool would still be some work as well.
A list of my mods can be found here.

prestidigitator

Until you can get enough to keep a bag around (or a chest somewhere), use the wifi chest for anything valuable you're not taking on your jaunts.

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

6 leather = 1 small bag, 3 small bags = 1 medium bag (18 leather), 3 medium = 1 large (54 leather) and 3 large = 1 trolley (162 leather)...

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

TenPlus1 wrote: 6 leather = 1 small bag, 3 small bags = 1 medium bag (18 leather), 3 medium = 1 large (54 leather) and 3 large = 1 trolley (162 leather)...
Still a lot of cows that have to die for a simple trolley. There ought to be at least options for those that are less picky about which leather their bag is made out of! All that what wasn't used by the more picky players ("no, this leather has a 0.000001 mmm hole over there! I can't take that!) would more than make up for some nice, cheap economy-class bags :)
A list of my mods can be found here.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Making a trolley is a luxury and is time consuming on purpose, otherwise everyone would have them and dying on server wouldn't have much loss of items...

auouymous

by auouymous » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:Making a trolley is a luxury and is time consuming on purpose, otherwise everyone would have them and dying on server wouldn't have much loss of items...
What about 1 palm wax + 1 wool making 1 leather? Still time consuming but no cow slaughtering. Or maybe 1 palm wax + X wool makes X leather, because the palm wax needs coal unless you get it all from slimes. Four trolleys would require 648 wool (or 2592 string if grown) and 81-648 palm wax, depending on the value of X.

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:6 leather = 1 small bag, 3 small bags = 1 medium bag (18 leather), 3 medium = 1 large (54 leather) and 3 large = 1 trolley (162 leather)
AHA! I didn't check to see if you had reduced the medium/large/trolly recipes. Stupid of me. Thank you for the clarification! This is a MUCH more reasonable number than I thought it was. About 54 cows.

auouymous

by auouymous » Post

Kilarin wrote:
TenPlus1 wrote:This is a MUCH more reasonable number than I thought it was. About 54 cows.
Cows drop 0-3 leather, so probably an average of 1.5 leather per cow, or 108 cows to get the 162 leather for a trolley. And you have slots for 4 trolleys...

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

auouymous wrote:Cows drop 0-3 leather, so probably an average of 1.5 leather per cow, or 108 cows to get the 162 leather for a trolley. And you have slots for 4 trolleys..
But still a LOT better than 432 cows. Bigger bags are a big advantage in the game, so I think they should be difficult to make. I think I liked wood for game balance better, but leather makes a lot more sense.

DragonGrade
In-game: DragonGrade

by DragonGrade » Post

OK Ten it will be a fresh new start :)

prestidigitator

Hmm. Each cow requires 16 wheat and a little growth time to produce. If leather (or a leather substitute) required at least 16 cotton and a little extra, for example, I'd think that would be a reasonable balance. What if, say, 4 wool and 1 palm wax made 1 canvas (or 1 leather if another fabric type isn't desired). That would make the 16 cotton (4 cotton per wool) plus palm wax roughly on par with 16 wheat plus cow growth time.

auouymous

by auouymous » Post

prestidigitator wrote:Each cow requires 16 wheat and a little growth time to produce.
I made a large walled off grassy area for cows to spawn and be slaughtered at the public flower farm. I was originally killing them at my private flower farms but they kept jumping the fence and falling to their death in the ocean, just to avoid the slaughter. :)

invaderzim

by invaderzim » Post

Hello all of my chests are gone i would like to know why

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Your account was banned for breaking the rules invaderzim and then you argued with admin which resulted in your other accounts being banned also...

Skrote
In-game: Skrote

by Skrote » Post

I cant log in. Every time I move in game I freeze. Like 10 or so times in a row now...

EDIT: Phi's temp fix works! lol
Last edited by Skrote on Wed May 27, 2015 23:52, edited 1 time in total.

Phiwari123
In-game: Phiwari123

by Phiwari123 » Post

I found a solution to prevent freezing. DO NOT move when logging in and eat something. Then it works again. I tried it out, it worked for skrote too. When you join press F7 to see if your Character is doing Animation. Cause it doesnt if you freeze when moving, found that out too. When eating then the animation plays again and you won't freeze anymore. It sounds crazy but works. But this is happening more and more times... Hope it will be fixed soon.

KIRITOKUN

by KIRITOKUN » Post

Tenplus , can you add this skin ?
Kirito_by_KIRITOKUN.png
Kirito_by_KIRITOKUN.png (3.5 KiB) Viewed 662 times

Phiwari123
In-game: Phiwari123

by Phiwari123 » Post

There's another problem that seems to come along with the Freeze-When-Moving-Problem.. It happened to Skrote and me that as soon as we enter our houses our NPCs disappear. They are still there but not visible anymore. When you leave the chunk and come back in again they appear for a second and then disappear. I managed to pick my NPC up again... But that problem is quite strange? [Also i noticed that the content of item frames disappears too. It's still there (when i punch it to get the item in it back) and reappears for some seconds and then disappears again...] Edit: Itemframes just seemed to have been a temporary problem to me, maybe it also had to do with camera-update or so...
Last edited by Phiwari123 on Fri May 29, 2015 09:18, edited 1 time in total.

Xanthin
GitHub: Xanthin
IRC: Xanthin
In-game: Xanthin

by Xanthin » Post

Phiwari123 wrote:Also i noticed that the content of item frames disappears too. It's still there (when i punch it to get the item in it back) and reappears for some seconds and then disappears again...
Strange, actual not for me. Everything works like expected.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Minetest has a limit of 48 active items per map block which means that itemframes, pedestals, signs and mobs in that area all count up and can glitch out, disappear etc... Am looking into it more and may raise the limit as the cost of server memory...