[Server] Xanadu

Texan
In-game: Texan

Re: Xanadu Server

by Texan » Post

Great job, Gulluin!! I'm still trying to decrypt the message... lol.
-- Texan :)

Phiwari123
In-game: Phiwari123

by Phiwari123 » Post

Gulluin wrote:Hi Phi

I decrypted the message, is it enough to go to Avalon?
Well well, send me your solution in a PM here in the forum and then your time might come with a bit of luck that you are allowed to enter the sacred lands of Avalon :)

neri2

by neri2 » Post

This is Bob.

The life of a Bob is never easy...

Bonny

by Bonny » Post

neri2 wrote:Image

This is Bob.

The life of a Bob is never easy...
Its Indeed not easy to be a bob

neri2

by neri2 » Post

Baby Flea July 4th

AllenLim012
In-game: allenlim011

by AllenLim012 » Post

Can you add my Skin in the Server?

Here: Image
Attachments
character_v2.0.png
Here's my Skin
(1.95 KiB) Not downloaded yet

DuDraig
IRC: DuDraig
In-game: DuDraig

by DuDraig » Post

I'm experiencing a strange problem. I have a pen of domesticated sheep. I recently fed them wheat after shearing them and they spawned baby sheep (lambs) as expected.

Since the lambs appeared, every time I approach the sheep pen, the server crashes. This happens with both the unmodified Android and Windows x64 clients.

I can go anywhere else, like down in the mines or to other places I've built, but every time I approach the sheep pen the server crashes.

It took me awhile to realize it was crashing and not just my client freezing up, and then to narrow it down to the sheep pen. The only difference I know of is the newly spawned lambs.

I'm now staying clear of the sheep pen until you guys can figure this out and fix it. Let me know when it's again safe to shepherd the sheep, or if the cause is something else entirely.

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

DuDraig wrote:I'm experiencing a strange problem. I have a pen of domesticated sheep. I recently fed them wheat after shearing them and they spawned baby sheep (lambs) as expected.

Since the lambs appeared, every time I approach the sheep pen, the server crashes. This happens with both the unmodified Android and Windows x64 clients.

I can go anywhere else, like down in the mines or to other places I've built, but every time I approach the sheep pen the server crashes.

It took me awhile to realize it was crashing and not just my client freezing up, and then to narrow it down to the sheep pen. The only difference I know of is the newly spawned lambs.
This is very interesting... I am noticing quite a few server crashes also relating to mobs having to do with a serialization error, and it is sometimes random. I hope 4.13 can rectify these crashes.
I'm now staying clear of the sheep pen until you guys can figure this out and fix it. Let me know when it's again safe to shepherd the sheep, or if the cause is something else entirely.
Extreme Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959

Xanthin
GitHub: Xanthin
IRC: Xanthin
In-game: Xanthin

by Xanthin » Post

Good job, DuDraig, maybe its that and finaly a clue how to get more stability back. :)

I tested it in a local game and was able to steady(?) crash my game whenever a lamb is spawned and I move away from the pen (I think it is the active object radius of the lamp I leave?). When I join again the lamb is gone and the crash game can start again with producing a lamb and moving away.

This is from the debug:

Code: Select all

2015-08-01 13:39:59: ERROR[main]: ServerError: ...0.4.12-7bbb9b0-win64\bin\..\builtin\common\serialize.lua:152: Can't serialize data of type userdata
2015-08-01 13:39:59: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
2015-08-01 13:39:59: ERROR[main]: 	[C]: in function 'error'
2015-08-01 13:39:59: ERROR[main]: 	...0.4.12-7bbb9b0-win64\bin\..\builtin\common\serialize.lua:152: in function 'dump_or_ref_val'
2015-08-01 13:39:59: ERROR[main]: 	...0.4.12-7bbb9b0-win64\bin\..\builtin\common\serialize.lua:147: in function 'dump_or_ref_val'
2015-08-01 13:39:59: ERROR[main]: 	...0.4.12-7bbb9b0-win64\bin\..\builtin\common\serialize.lua:147: in function 'dump_or_ref_val'
2015-08-01 13:39:59: ERROR[main]: 	...0.4.12-7bbb9b0-win64\bin\..\builtin\common\serialize.lua:167: in function <...0.4.12-7bbb9b0-win64\bin\..\builtin\common\serialize.lua:20>
ps: same with the cows

randomsage
In-game: randomsage

by randomsage » Post

Hey. I was banned a few days ago from the server for swearing and was wondering if I could apologize and come back soon please.

iska
In-game: iska

by iska » Post

Hi, your comment "I can curse in 4 languages" (to the moderators and admin) was really stupid, but i still think you deserve another chance.

But I'm not the one who decides these things, I felt bad for you as you were potential new player.
I wish admins revisit your case. ;)

--iska

ABJ
GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ
Location: In Earth orbit, with a perigee of 1048 km and an apogee of 1337 km and an inclination of 69 degrees.

by ABJ » Post

Second chance? That doesn't even deserve a ban!

Texan
In-game: Texan

by Texan » Post

In my opinion, I don't really want to play with someone with that attitude. If the admins or moderators already decided not to let him play here, then we must all respect their decision.
-- Texan :)

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

ABJ wrote:Mods and admins here are absolutely
IF I remember correctly, others can correct me if I'm mixing up two different offenders. the individual didn't just mildly curse, but let lose with the kind of severe filth that usually gets people banned outright. Instead of being banned, they were given a warning. After a bit of discussion, they cussed yet again and told the moderators to "shut up!" because they were having a hard time, with a jelly if I remember correctly. That was when they had their privs removed.

In any case, the rules are clear up front. In multiple languages at spawn. This is a family friendly server, people shouldn't be cursing in chat. Come on! that's like throwing litter in the park. There are lots of places you can curse to your hearts content, why insist on using that kind of language in a place that has informed you it is not allowed there?

If I have understood TenPlus1 correctly, we do not restore privs in these kinds of cases. They can create a new account and start over. If they lose privs on three accounts, thats it, they are banned.

botch
IRC: Botch
In-game: botch

by botch » Post

firefox wrote:the Shrine of the Sea God

you can find it in the Noob Area.
the Sea Shop sells fishing rods and worms, corals and seaweed, as well as sea stone blocks.
it will also sell cooked fish and sushi.
you can pay with iron and copper lumps.
Ah, so THATs where you get fishing rods. I've been getting back and forth information as to fishing on the Xanadu server. Some say it is available, some say it's not. I'll have to check it out next logon.

Botch

Dragonop
GitHub: Dragonop
IRC: Dragonop
In-game: Dragonop

by Dragonop » Post

Botch, last time I checked you could craft a fishing rod with 3 sticks and 2 cotton/string. And you got worms from dirt.

Phiwari123

by Phiwari123 » Post

Home Sweet Home :D

firefox
In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Post

Dragonop wrote:Botch, last time I checked you could craft a fishing rod with 3 sticks and 2 cotton/string. And you got worms from dirt.
that is correct, but still many people are asking for fishing tools, so i made that shop to make it easier for you :)
✨🏳️‍🌈♠️✨

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

WOW Phi!

TenPlus1
GitHub: tenplus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Erk... Xanadu has taken a turn into nightmarish lands... :)

ABJ
GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ
Location: In Earth orbit, with a perigee of 1048 km and an apogee of 1337 km and an inclination of 69 degrees.

by ABJ » Post

Kilarin wrote:-snip-
If he did let loose as you said, then all right (-_-)
But I have reason to not completely trust this server so a chatlog or something would be nice to see how much he really "let loose".
Kilarin wrote:family friendly server.
I highly doubt it. If you were a family friendly server, then how in the name of God do you remove father and son's home because "it didn't fit the theme" and let someone ELSE build themelessly there? And then provide obfuscated explanations to the family as to why the hell such a NON-family friendly thing happened?
LOL XD rly

And I forgot to mention the fact that family-friendly servers don't leave families homeless without giving them time to move.
I must say, rather than a so-called "family friendly" server, this place is more like a Middle East.

And sorry for late(ish?) reply.

Phiwari123

by Phiwari123 » Post

A little preview and a new hint.

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

ABJ wrote:If you were a family friendly server, then how in the name of God do you remove father and son's home because "it didn't fit the theme" and let someone ELSE build themelessly there? And then provide obfuscated explanations to the family as to why the hell such a NON-family friendly thing happened?
<sigh> this again.

As has been explained. That region is one that was set up by one particular team of players. They put an enormous amount of work into the region, and in exchange, they were given control over who could build there. There were lots of signs explaining that situation. The region was far away from other areas. The people who built there had to walk right past all the signs in order to get there.

To put the situation into a context that might be easier for everyone to understand. Suppose you had a big room full of legos and lots of tables and floor space where everyone could build. Of course, you would have a mix of advanced and beginner builders, and that would be fine. But suppose some of the more advanced builders got together and asked the person in charge of the lego room: "Hey, everything out here in the main play area is a bit chaotic. Some of it looks really good, some of it looks very primitive, and its almost impossible to plan out anything big because as soon as you start, someone else will come along and build in the middle of it. That's fine for the big play area, but we would REALLY like to have one table set aside where we could plan something big, a really nice looking lego town with really nice looking buildings, all organized and laid out neat. A real showplace."

And the person in charge says, "Ok, thats not unreasonable. We will give you a table WAY over in another room, and we will put signs on the table and on the door you have to go through to get to it that say that everyone is welcome to come and admire the pretty buildings, but to build on this table you have to have permission from your team. That won't hurt anyone because all of the rest of the room is still available to build in by anyone who wants.

Now then, a father and son team come into the lego room to play. They are looking for a good place to build, and someone foolishly leads them to the advanced team table. They have to walk past the door with the sign on it that says "You must have permission from the Spawn2 Team to build here". They have to ignore the big signs all over the table saying "This is not the regular build area and you have to have permission to build here." But they aren't paying any attention, and set up and build some simple lego buildings in the middle of the special table.

Well, needless to say, when the Spawn2 team come back into the room and find that someone has built on their table without permission, they are unhappy. They have plans for how this town is going to be laid out. They have designs for how the buildings are supposed to look. This is their special project and someone ignored all of the signs and built smack dab in the middle of it. The new buildings don't fit, they interfere with the plans, they don't look like the rest of the city.

And so, the team does what they have been given permission to do, they remove the buildings. After all, its their table, they asked nicely to have it, they complied with all of the requirements of the room owners in order to get it, and they put up plenty of signs letting everyone know that this was their table. Everyone else had the whole play area to build in, this was the spawn2 teams table.

Of course, when the father and son come back the next day and find that thier buildings have been taken apart and put back into the various lego bins, THEY are unhappy as well.

There are no bad guys in this scenario. Unless you count the person who led the father and son to the team table. Other than that, there is an angry father and son who built in the wrong place, not out of maliciousness, but because they weren't paying attention. And some annoyed team members who had to clear out stuff that never should have been on their table in the first place.

The situation is unfortunate, but hardly an example of Nazi Administrators picking on families. Just one of the inevitable frictions that occur when you have many people sharing the same space.

TenPlus1
GitHub: tenplus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Good example Kilarin...

Dragonop
GitHub: Dragonop
IRC: Dragonop
In-game: Dragonop

by Dragonop » Post

I also need to point out that family-friendly doesn't mean that there are no rules. It means that children can play here, and won't be traumatized with creepy sounds, pedophiles, or any kind of adult themed stuff.