[Server] Xanadu

Bonny

Re: Xanadu Server

by Bonny » Post

IceAgeComing wrote:Came across this giant natural frozen ice lake today,
decided to have fun with it. :)

your idea inspired me..i found this landscape so i decided to have fun with it too :)
When life gives you lemons, just bake some lemon cupcakes
Dream as if you"ll live forever, eat cupcakes as if you would die today

ABJ
GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ
Location: In Earth orbit, with a perigee of 1048 km and an apogee of 1337 km and an inclination of 69 degrees.

by ABJ » Post

Awesome!
But it has room for improvement. You could have made that U narrower. Now it looks like "ICE ATE TOO MLICH"

botch
IRC: Botch
In-game: botch

by botch » Post

Just a quick question, every now and again, much like just now, I'll get a message "Server Shutting Down" and go back to the main Minetest screen. I searched the servers and it looks like there are still people connected. Is this just my Minetest app that I have?

DuDraig
IRC: DuDraig
In-game: DuDraig

by DuDraig » Post

botch wrote:Just a quick question, every now and again, much like just now, I'll get a message "Server Shutting Down" and go back to the main Minetest screen. I searched the servers and it looks like there are still people connected. Is this just my Minetest app that I have?
The server list is not real time. It is updated periodically. You just saw the number of connections at the last update.

Achilles
In-game: Achilles

by Achilles » Post

This is getting tiresome Wes.

I haven't caused any recent problems on your server, nor have I bothered you at all. I guess old grudges die hard, but as I have done nothing wrong, you revoking my privileges every time I come online is ridiculous.
The Ironic Thing About Common Sense Is That It Isn't Very Common

randomsage
In-game: randomsage

by randomsage » Post

Kilarin wrote:
ABJ wrote:Mods and admins here are absolutely
IF I remember correctly, others can correct me if I'm mixing up two different offenders. the individual didn't just mildly curse, but let lose with the kind of severe filth that usually gets people banned outright. Instead of being banned, they were given a warning. After a bit of discussion, they cussed yet again and told the moderators to "shut up!" because they were having a hard time, with a jelly if I remember correctly. That was when they had their privs removed.

In any case, the rules are clear up front. In multiple languages at spawn. This is a family friendly server, people shouldn't be cursing in chat. Come on! that's like throwing litter in the park. There are lots of places you can curse to your hearts content, why insist on using that kind of language in a place that has informed you it is not allowed there?

If I have understood TenPlus1 correctly, we do not restore privs in these kinds of cases. They can create a new account and start over. If they lose privs on three accounts, thats it, they are banned.

I've never had my privs removed and I was given a warning before I made the "i can curse in 4 languages" comment but I'm not even able to make a 2nd account on this server because my ip is banned. I've never made 3 different account. I just have one.

If I'm not released of this ban, it's OK. But I would like to return to your server. If not, it's cool and I already have other servers to go it.

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Lucky Blocks are up to 106 now and IceAgeComing is hosting the Lucky Stairs Challenge when she is on server :)

Many map glitches have been repaired with the new Entity OFF feature which can delete glitched items/mobs/signs/frames, so less crashes on server...

Phiwari123
In-game: Phiwari123

by Phiwari123 » Post

Sheep with flying privs? :P Found this crazy sheep here suddenly fly towards sky and stop at this height...

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

lololol, with the new changes to Mobs Redo the old sheep entity was broken so a replacement was added that simply stands there... This one must have been jumping at the time and floated up until it hit the unloaded ceiling above... ahaha, right-clicking any of these will return a proper working sheep egg...

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

hungry flying sheep could explain all them leafless trees :-D

DuDraig

by DuDraig » Post

It would appear that the baby critter bug is now fixed. I could approach my sheep pen, right-click to replace the old sheep, feed them and make babies, and all without the server crashing.

Thanks for your work on this.

However, all of my cows are now gone. I believe the sheep may now be secretly carnivorous.

firefox
In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Post

cows are very likely to be killed by other players for their leather.
if protection of tamed animals was not included in the last update, you better frame your cows with obsidian glass.

oh, and there are also those people who just kill everything in sight.
they even try to attack other players, even though PvP is not possible...
only Ninja Kittens or a DeathNote can help in this situation.
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

DuDraig

by DuDraig » Post

firefox wrote:cows are very likely to be killed by other players for their leather.
if protection of tamed animals was not included in the last update, you better frame your cows with obsidian glass.
Yes, I am aware of ranch griefing. However, I am fairly remote from everyone and the cattle disappearence exactly coincided with the baby critter update.
firefox wrote:oh, and there are also those people who just kill everything in sight.
they even try to attack other players, even though PvP is not possible...
only Ninja Kittens or a DeathNote can help in this situation.
Now, now... Everyone knows about the secret Xanadu genetic experiments on critters that have created the current infestation of Lava Monsters, Dungeon Masters, and Mortally Cute Bunnies that make life so challenging and dangerous.

Obviously the last update accidentally released several varieties of mutated sheep:
  • Zombie sheep that have a jaundiced yellow color and stand stock still to lure in your brains.
  • Carnivorous phasing sheep that can pass through solid walls and fences to eat your cattle and anything else they catch unawares.
  • Flying sheep that can provide air support to these invading hordes of mutated sheep.
My preferred defense is Vorpal Bunnies (a la Monty Python) that can actually be made in Xanadu.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

DuDraig wrote: Obviously the last update accidentally released several varieties of mutated sheep:

Zombie sheep that have a jaundiced yellow color and stand stock still to lure in your brains.
Carnivorous phasing sheep that can pass through solid walls and fences to eat your cattle and anything else they catch unawares.
Flying sheep that can provide air support to these invading hordes of mutated sheep.
Horrible! And all these mutated sheep are allowed to roam free? We neet a quarantaine zone for them! :-)
A list of my mods can be found here.

gmaxwell
IRC: gmaxwell
In-game: gmaxwell

by gmaxwell » Post

Is the server down for everyone, or just for me?

(While I'm commenting is there a preferred venue for noobs to ask silly questions? I feel bad spamming the in game chat and try to limit myself to one stupid question per day or two.)

iska
In-game: iska

by iska » Post

Hey gmaxwell, I think server is down again.
And dont hesitate to ask in game chat, there's so much nonsense going that questions are welcome. :)

BlueFireIceUn
In-game: BlueFireUn

by BlueFireIceUn » Post

What is the update who will add the server cause the down?
Blue who loves you all but mostly someone :)

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Server was down due to maintenance and the memory leak problem getting worse in the minetest binary... We cleared objects and tidies much of the code to show errors when something goes wrong although the mods arent to fault, it really is the minetest game itself... <fingers crossed> devs figure this out before 0.4.13 release... We did however update to the latest daily build which is more verbose when an error occurs...

Kilarin
GitHub: Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

Minetest is crashing every single time I try to connect to Xanadu this evening. I can still connect to "just test". I updated to the latest dev release this morning.
So, is it just me or is anyone else experiencing the problem?

4aiman

by 4aiman » Post

Despite TenPlus1 has warned me about HUDs problem in Magichet client, I was able to connect to Xanadu using that.
Magichet uses dev Minetest and was updated to the latest ~a week ago.

Hope that'll help to find MT version that won't crash.

PS: any logs available?

Kilarin
GitHub: Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

I can connect this morning. so, all is well again!

4aiman

by 4aiman » Post

Glad to hear! :)

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Xanadu server now uses wuzzy's hudbars for player hunger and health, they are also scalable with the player's own GUI size so should adapt to any screen from phones up to 4k tv's :)

Xanthin
GitHub: Xanthin
IRC: Xanthin
In-game: Xanthin

by Xanthin » Post

That's how the hudbars are displayed for me with the usual default scale settings (1.0) and a screen resolution of 1440x900
Spoiler
GUI scaling only adjusts the text size (for me).
Spoiler
HUD scaling let the bars matching the text again but also increases their size, as well as the size of the hotbar, so its much more prominent displayed at the screen (what I would like to avoid).
Spoiler
Is there any other method I can try to get the hudbars matching the text again without increasing the size of the hotbar?

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Tonights update will still use hudbars but revert back to the old hearts/bread style we were use to that can still be scaled without text :) also a few lagg issues fixed also...