[Server] Xanadu

Bobr

Re: Xanadu Server

by Bobr » Post

BTW was reading the chat above just saying ten and sjin are people as well and surley can not tell you when crashes are going to happen (it's in the name crashing) no one can predict then and I'm sure they are trying there best to get the server back up

Killerz
In-game: Killerz

by Killerz » Post

Server down,yet again. Looks as if it will be down the entire day
Edit:Been down for long enough today,probably 8 hours(i think,please corect me if im wrong) really a big pain in the backside
Last edited by Killerz on Thu May 26, 2016 15:29, edited 1 time in total.
EDM For the win!

Vassy - Secrets = LIFE

Killerz

by Killerz » Post

Ten:idea: What do you think about a tool,which you enter names into,and if applied on a protector block/logo the names which you entered into the tool,gets duplicated into the protector block/logo,which would make the life of people who prot a lot,much easier,for example, Ice.
EDM For the win!

Vassy - Secrets = LIFE

Athemonium
In-game: Athemonium

by Athemonium » Post

To check the server status you can use this nifty tool: http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ ... 0.48:30000

P.S. This tool doesn't work as the server does not have a HTTP/S server and the tools was specifically programmed to ping HTTP/S servers. So don't bother with it :)
Last edited by Athemonium on Fri May 27, 2016 10:51, edited 1 time in total.

snowflake

by snowflake » Post

hmm is it really the status.. it says down but its up running :l

the site not working

Bobr

by Bobr » Post

Well I don't see it on the server lists

snowflake

by snowflake » Post

Killerz

by Killerz » Post

Server down....yet again.....The server was down yesterday for more than 10 hours,sure it will be down today also
Edit1:2 hours later.........
EDM For the win!

Vassy - Secrets = LIFE

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Notice: The stall glitch in 0.4.14 servers has a patch available so we are waiting on the devs implementing this safely into minetest so we can update server and stop all the downtime...

noob101
In-game: noob101

by noob101 » Post

Now THAT's good news after all! TY for the info, Ten! Who do I have to nag to get this applied asap?

Sitting on edge, noob101

minetestjosh

by minetestjosh » Post

got to level 4 on one of the skyblock servers and went and checked and Xanadu is back up

minetestjosh

by minetestjosh » Post

I think there's something going on over near mine and killerz's houses, possibly the crystal grass farm we made or maybe something happened with the bunnies he had bred there. But I went over there before and it crashed (typing /home) and this time I went over there and it crashed by walking by crafterlouie's house (and loading it up a bit). Might have to nuke the whole area... rip nyan cat rainbows and stacks and stacks of ore.
Last edited by minetestjosh on Sun May 29, 2016 10:48, edited 1 time in total.

Killerz

by Killerz » Post

Thats sooo depressing,You have to start from scratch again............
EDM For the win!

Vassy - Secrets = LIFE

minetestjosh

by minetestjosh » Post

Killerz wrote:Thats sooo depressing,You have to start from scratch again............
I moved my valuables to my house but it'd suck if it got nuked (except for ore and compressed cobble), hopefully they find the bug and don't have to do anything (I've been there before though, with my underwater house that caused glitching). What's dumb is it was fine for weeks (Cad brought 4 block stacks worth of steel of my grass at 10 per, so the farm seemed to be OK...). I think it happened because of the update.

IceAgeComing

by IceAgeComing » Post

minetestjosh wrote:I think there's something going on over near mine and killerz's houses, possibly the crystal grass farm we made or maybe something happened with the bunnies he had bred there. But I went over there before and it crashed (typing /home) and this time I went over there and it crashed by walking by crafterlouie's house (and loading it up a bit). Might have to nuke the whole area... rip nyan cat rainbows and stacks and stacks of ore. :/

Coords are roughly -400, 415
From what i heard, it was about 95 rabbits. (if its true)
Why would breed so many of them and put in one spot.
It was accident waiting to happen....
Disappointing...

minetestjosh

by minetestjosh » Post

IceAgeComing wrote: From what i heard, it was about 95 rabbits. (if its true)
Why would breed so many of them and put in one spot.
It was accident waiting to happen....
Disappointing...
He killed them when it was lagging, that was weeks ago and no issues since. I think it is a combo of the crystal grass farm we have and the .14 update not working well with it. Only reason I mentioned rabbits is because I saw a few there still. I don't know how breeding works so I don't think a couple of strays would do it, would it? They were friendly little strays, getting in the way every now and again, but no biggie.

Guess it's time for an epic mining trip once things are back to normal. :D
Last edited by minetestjosh on Sun May 29, 2016 10:49, edited 1 time in total.

Killerz

by Killerz » Post

Yes,i killed 92-93 bunnies, and no prob eversince,(like MJ said)and i agree wtih him that it might be our farm along with update that causes the problem.......
EDM For the win!

Vassy - Secrets = LIFE

Bobr

by Bobr » Post

Wow 92-93 bunnies you should of lasso them

I am louie
In-game: Crafterlouie - MTLouie

by I am louie » Post

Killerz wrote:Yes,i killed 92-93 bunnies, and no prob eversince,(like MJ said)and i agree wtih him that it might be our farm along with update that causes the problem.......

Wow that's alot o_O Kilz...BTW what were you thinking that time when you decided to bred tons of rabbits :D

"just curious"

yours truly,
Louie (CL)
Build Hard and LEt your Imagination FLow...

MineTest is the best :D

YuGiOhJCJ
GitHub: YuGiOhJCJ
IRC: YuGiOhJCJ
In-game: YuGiOhJCJ

by YuGiOhJCJ » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:Notice: The stall glitch in 0.4.14 servers has a patch available so we are waiting on the devs implementing this safely into minetest so we can update server and stop all the downtime...
OK, so we just have to follow this issue: https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/4151.
Indeed, it seems that yesterday, a patch has been released: http://minetest.org/netfix-0.4.14.zip.
I hope it will fix the problem :)

Fixer
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixer » Post

This is unofficial patch that has mixed results... to some people it helps, to some - not.

Killerz

by Killerz » Post

Bobr-By that time i realized that rabbits are useless(It would be easier to get watermellon)so no point in lassoing themFor example dogs and npcs are usefull even later in the game.
Lou-I bought 95 bunnies from cutecherrysuger(in my quest to get all the bunnies on the server) she sold them relatively cheap,1 gold/bunny,so i bought them.
EDM For the win!

Vassy - Secrets = LIFE

Killerz

by Killerz » Post

The server came up just now,i was standing(i was there the last time i logged out) in my old base area and the server crashed,This proves what josh said,that our base area is the cause.
EDM For the win!

Vassy - Secrets = LIFE

minetestjosh

by minetestjosh » Post

Killerz wrote:The server came up just now,i was standing(i was there the last time i logged out) in my old base area and the server crashed,This proves what josh said,that our base area is the cause,and it also means im stuck there until a bug fix comes out for the server
Yeah and it's not the rabbits. Your rabbit house didn't even load in before it crashed last time I was there. It's the grass farm + something with the update.

Sucks. Grass farm worked well.
Last edited by minetestjosh on Sun May 29, 2016 10:49, edited 1 time in total.

amadin

by amadin » Post

Just rollback server version to 0.4.13, i think this is not last bug in 0.4.14