[Server] Xanadu

TenPlus1
GitHub: tenplus1

Re: Xanadu Server

by TenPlus1 » Post

You don't have to post screenshots each time Killers, just MSG me or tell me on server.

amadin

by amadin » Post

Pillar from mushroom can be digging only by pickaxe but not by axe, i think this is wrong.

~Xhole
IRC: x
In-game: Xhole

by ~Xhole » Post

Okay so we can kill In public areas such as tree farms? it know its annoying but I really have to know to be careful and to let other players know.
~X~

mystik
GitHub: jasonjayr
In-game: mystik

by mystik » Post

~Xhole wrote:Okay so we can kill In public areas such as tree farms? it know its annoying but I really have to know to be careful and to let other players know.
IMHO, killing in public tree farms (or other similar community areas that cannot be protected) like that is technically legal, but it's not very nice. I've seen players camping in the farms getting kicked or banned for Griefing for doing just that.

minetestjosh

by minetestjosh » Post

Repeated troll tonight / last night / morning (PST)... bonny and Phi were epic at limiting.

Athemonium
In-game: Athemonium

by Athemonium » Post

As a server owner, your abusive behavior is impressive (Shinji_Ikari).
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-06-12 at 5.08.32 PM.png
(205.77 KiB) Not downloaded yet

MykieDoesStuff

by MykieDoesStuff » Post

Athemonium wrote:As a server owner, your abusive behavior is impressive (Shinji_Ikari).
Welcome to Xanadu.... freedom of speech is limited here.

Honestly, I'd just keep my mouth shut on that server, and use other form of chat services to communicate players...
For fast response... send me a PM

Bobr

by Bobr » Post

I completely agree With Shinji_Ikari on this subject

Neon
In-game: Neon

by Neon » Post

This is supposed to be a family-friendly server. Political discourse is something that kids outside of high-school are too young to care about and will drive away the adults that help keep the server on an even keel. Not to let those few go who have abused the situation, but I suggest everybody drop the subject now.

YuGiOhJCJ
GitHub: YuGiOhJCJ
IRC: YuGiOhJCJ
In-game: YuGiOhJCJ

by YuGiOhJCJ » Post

Wow see that flood that has just happened:
http://yugiohjcj.free.fr/minetest-xanadu-flood.png

Athemonium

by Athemonium » Post

And I think this is the end of Xanadu for me (both from my side and their side).

I've been playing on Xanadu for at least 2 months and I've spent hours and nights building, crafting and creating things on the server that I no longer have access to due to criticism. By saying that I do no ask for pity or to be unlimited. As a matter of fact, I do not want to be unlimited. My only advice for you if you want to play or keep playing on this server and have a good time: "Don't question authority". Because if you do there will be no justice for you.

As a review for the server:
Positive:
  • - Xanadu is a quiet place to rest your brains after a hard day of work (or school). Although it is a PVP server, the PVP level is minimal to none and everybody is busy discovering new stuff with friends.
    - I had a crystal market which provided to be highly successful meaning a great marketing system
    - Very scarce griefing possibilities due to lava and fire limitations. Only annoying part was water, but it would not affect any protected area as bad as fire and lava. (I had - and probably still have - a wooden house ever since I started
    - Teleportation systems allow easy and quick access to areas of most interest (home, spawn)
    - A huge variety of plants (for dye and probably food)
    - Animals and non-dispawnable tamed animals/pets
    - TenPlus1 and the community has done an excellent job with the mods, making the server a place which was interesting, intriguing, allowing players to always find or do something new
    - Shinji_Ikari has and is successfully hosting a server with NO LAG and great performance on a rig that is no more or less then a common personal computer. (from what I heard)
Negative*:
  • - While mods and admins do make sure the rules are followed, they are pretty harsh and don't think twice before limiting players (forever). They will also (depending on your personality - I've been personally pretty silent -) treat you with superiority (when that happens, there's no winning the mods/admins on your side and friend them. If you give them a slim reason to hate you, they will hate you till the end - their reason to hate me were my bad jokes).
    - On several occasions, the server would crash (due to a bug that was probably fixed). No official announcements were given and investigation of the problem (imho) was done with lack of interest. (they investigated the bug on live, no sandbox was made for investigation and the bug was solved by removing a players area - yeah, the poor fellow work has been zapped because of a mod bug or a minetest engine bug - so...the actual problem might be still there)
    - Shinji_Ikari doesn't like taking suggestions from non-staff and doesn't really care about players (when coming with a suggestion on stopping spam - and yes, it wasn't the best but at least it was leading somewhere - he told me to either shut up and play or find another server).
* All negative reviews are pretty much regarding people and not the server
Attachments
Capture3.PNG
(42.48 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Capture2.PNG
(75.68 KiB) Not downloaded yet

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Privelages are revoked for breaking the rules, and in this case creating multiple accounts under different ip's to sign onto the server and spam chat, swear and badmouth Shinji... This is NOT acceptable on a family friendly server.

Athemonium

by Athemonium » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:Privelages are revoked for breaking the rules, and in this case creating multiple accounts under different ip's to sign onto the server and spam chat, swear and badmouth Shinji... This is NOT acceptable on a family friendly server.
- creating multiple accounts: As you can see in Capture2.png I tried to talk to you. When I saw that I couldn't, I made a new account Athemonium2 which you limited as soon as I logged in
- creating multiple accounts under different ip's : I signed in from somewhere else. First with Athemonium and then Athemonium2 (same IP). Do I need to have the same IP each time I log in to Xanadu? I play from various locations.
- to sign onto the server and spam chat, swear and badmouth Shinji: I never spammed chat (I said in my review of the server that I am a pretty silent player), I never swore or badmouthed Shinji. As a matter of fact, I never talked about Shinji in the game. These were not my intentions when I logged in. I only wanted to play.
- This is NOT acceptable on a family friendly server: a family friendly server where Shinji (the owner) talks about politics

It's pretty nasty of you to bring false accusations to protect the server reputation. This shines the true light of the moderation on this server.

P.S. As a matter of fact, you should provide evidence for your ban (a screenshot of me breaking the rules). Please post on the forum the logs where I swore at Shinji or badmouthed him and when I spammed. On Capture2.png you can see that you revoked all my privs as soon as I logged in.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

After having 'shout' revoked we were targetted by server spamming attacks swearing in chat, using abusive and vile language and for every username we limited another came on using a different ip in a different part of the world... This is the list we compiled before closing server to NEW users (apologies for any rude names on list):

Code: Select all

Athemonium - 5.2.191.247
Athemonium2 - 5.2.191.247 - Iasi, Romania

AthemonIum - 108.61.226.6 - Tampa, USA
Athemoniurn - 108.61.226.6
Nigger_Happy - 108.61.226.6

betchacantbanme - 192.40.88.71 - Oslo, Norway
bad_dragon - 192.40.88.71
cinemaFLICKS - 192.40.88.71

RubMeDown - 104.200.151.13 - Phoenix, USA
moistmike - 104.200.151.13
BONNY_IS_A_CUCK - 104.200.151.13

gaylord - 162.216.46.160 - Plano, USA
EIia - 162.216.46.160
rninetestjosh - 162.216.46.160

Rudolf2016 - 5.157.16.42 - Stockholm, Sweden
Adolf2016 - 5.157.16.42
FrothyFrank - 5.157.16.42

RudolfV2 - 173.199.65.16 - Ottawa, Canada
MidnightStiffness - 173.199.65.16
CoonTown - 173.199.65.16

cutecherrysugar - 104.200.154.50 - Seattle, USA
ermesta - 104.200.154.50
nInja35 - 104.200.154.50

oreo_2 - 42.60.159.90 - Singapur, Singapore
ore_2 - 42.60.159.90
Trigger_Happy - 42.60.159.90

Jasmine - 1.39.3.123 - New Delhi, India
SHINJI_MTHFKR - 1.39.3.123
Gonzales - 1.39.0.102
Vegeto - 1.39.3.69

09sharkboy - 101.184.10.237 - Canberra, Australia
itsMooseCraft - 101.184.10.237
Ali5a - 101.184.10.237

ninja35 - 139.195.14.147 - Jakarta, Indonesia
... so you can see why you were limited every time you came online as a new user.

Athemonium

by Athemonium » Post

So you're accusing me of being the notorious spammer from yesterday when yesterday I was online and was playing during the attacks. There is no tangible proof of me being the spammer. As a matter of fact, after being limited as Athemonium2 and Athemonium the first thing I did was to come to the forum and write that wall of text (check the timestamps).

Pardon me, but as you noticed I'm quite a grownup and I never swore or talked bad about Shinji. I only critiqued him and you for the harsh way of limiting players. I always loved playing on Xanadu (just check out how much I built in the blue area - in Remove_Kebab area). I have no intention of doing such foul acts on a server I dedicated myself to or any server whatsoever.

P.S. Remember that I suggested a spam filter. Maybe it wasn't the best implementation the one I suggested, but I was on your side. Besides, not being able to handle this spam situation and ban various players based on suspicions will only destroy the community you built this server for. Today you banned me, no biggie cause I'm not part of a big french/german/russian community. When you will ban one of them (because they are close friends) you will start loosing communities. You blocked access to new players, so no new players will get a taste of Xanadu.

Also, instead of arguing with me over your guys abusive behavior, you should probably take the critique and realize that maybe you're doing something wrong, for the server and for it's community.
Last edited by Athemonium on Mon Jun 13, 2016 13:56, edited 1 time in total.

noob101
In-game: noob101

by noob101 » Post

Since I do not have time for a lengthy response right now, just a quick one:

Funny coincidences, don't you think? Also that the spammer used variations of your name first, before going random (and abusive)?
After all you did in the past 24-ish hours to us all, everyone on the server, you still have the chutzpah to write a pseudo-review on the server? Wait no, on PEOPLE, of all things? Man. Get real, get a life, and get lost! And get anger management. Urgently.
Athemonium wrote:As a matter of fact, you should provide evidence for your ban (a screenshot of me breaking the rules). Please post on the forum the logs where I swore at Shinji or badmouthed him and when I spammed.
You may feel like that, but they have to NOTHING. Everyone is a volunteer, from owner and admin over moderator to player. No obligations, nothing you have a right to claim or demand. You are, no you were permitted to play, to use Shinji's physical property, his server, and all the development everyone and Ten invested into it. Only thing that was requested was to keep the rules. One of them is, btw: Moderators' decisions are not up to discussion! Just to mention it.

CU noob101

Athemonium

by Athemonium » Post

noob101 wrote:Since I do not have time for a lengthy response right now, just a quick one:

Funny coincidences, don't you think? Also that the spammer used variations of your name first, before going random (and abusive)?
After all you did in the past 24-ish hours to us all, everyone on the server, you still have the chutzpah to write a pseudo-review on the server? Wait no, on PEOPLE, of all things? Man. Get real, get a life, and get lost! And get anger management. Urgently.
Athemonium wrote:As a matter of fact, you should provide evidence for your ban (a screenshot of me breaking the rules). Please post on the forum the logs where I swore at Shinji or badmouthed him and when I spammed.
You may feel like that, but they have to NOTHING. Everyone is a volunteer, from owner and admin over moderator to player. No obligations, nothing you have a right to claim or demand. You are, no you were permitted to play, to use Shinji's physical property, his server, and all the development everyone and Ten invested into it. Only thing that was requested was to keep the rules. One of them is, btw: Moderators' decisions are not up to discussion! Just to mention it.

CU noob101
- Funny coincidences, don't you think? : Yes
- Also that the spammer used variations of your name first, before going random (and abusive)? : Would anyone use variations of his name if he were to spam a server? Thank about it...
- After all you did in the past 24-ish hours to us all, everyone on the server, you still have the chutzpah to write a pseudo-review on the server? : I did what exactly...?
- you still have the chutzpah to write a pseudo-review on the server? : I am not an American, but I have the right to freedom of speech
- Wait no, on PEOPLE, of all things? : Yes, I critique people for their abusive behavior.
- Man. Get real, get a life, and get lost! And get anger management. Urgently. : Advice from a moderator. Do you also behave like this with the children inside the game?

---

- You may feel like that, but they have to NOTHING. Everyone is a volunteer, from owner and admin over moderator to player. No obligations, nothing you have a right to claim or demand. You are, no you were permitted to play, to use Shinji's physical property, his server, and all the development everyone and Ten invested into it. Only thing that was requested was to keep the rules. - You're partially correct. No one is entitled to justify over their decisions (as mods, admins or owners) but Shinji chose to make his hardware public. It's not an honor, like you want to make it look, it's a give to the community.
- One of them is, btw: Moderators' decisions are not up to discussion! Just to mention it. - That's an ingame rule. It does not apply here.

Athemonium

by Athemonium » Post

I will not take this further as my only objective was to take the bullet and give the community a insight of Xanadu. I do not wish to be un-limited as I will never return to Xanadu. I do not wish to create drama or draw pity on myself. By these forum posts I wish to help you (the moderators of Xanadu) realize that your actions affect your community. If you keep on to this arrogant and abusive behavior, you will have nothing to gain, but to lose.

I promise not to post anything else on this forum thread (to avoid further conflict and probably waste of time). I only ask you to think over this:
In a community built for kids and driven by teenagers/adults, I can only see kids.

theFishy
In-game: IronFish

by theFishy » Post

First of all, I haven't been with Xanadu for very long. I joined the server sometime last year, but I've never gotten a taste of a better server. With that said, I will add that Xanadu is one of many servers I have tried, and is the only server I have felt truly welcomed, truly at home.
The admins and moderators are accused of being harsh and abusive by you. That is not true, but is not entirely false. In the past, I got a taste of the wrath of Xanadu's authorities.......When I broke the rules the admins and mods responded quickly, with a harshness I deserved. If you take in mind how popular Xanadu is, take in mind the huge influx of players, good and bad, you could compare Xanadu to a largely populated city. Take NY City for example, with a very high crime rate, the authorities need to be harsh. Xanadu is basically like a city. It is under constant attack by spammers, griefers, hackers, and many, many more players of unsavory character. If the admins and mods treated everyone like they were the Queen of England, those bad players would start thinking they could get away with their crimes. With my experience of these admins and moderators, they can be harsh, but they are understanding, and forgiving. Trust me, I know. If you get accused of something you may not have done, and you respond by arguing with authority, of course you'll get a harsh response. What did you expect.

"... there's no winning the mods/admins on your side and friend them. If you give them a slim reason to hate you, they will hate you till the end - their reason to hate me were my bad jokes).''
Listen, like I said before, I once gave everyone in Xanadu reason to hate me, including mods and admins. And believe me, it was worse than bad jokes. But now, every single mod and admin, including the ones that caught me and dealt out punishment, treat me as a solid, regular citizen. They don't hate me 'till the end. I dropped my shameful actions, and I was welcomed back into Xanadu. You are hated because (whether it's true or not) you broke the rules, and in response to the admins and mods actions, you argued. You "badmouthed" them.
Arguing is childish, insulting is childish. To inform the MT community of the abusive nature of Xanadu authority, what do you hope to gain?

On my final note: Everything you have said has been against the people. In my fairly limited time playing here, I have gained enough experience to say that the people of Xanadu, mods and admins included, are the most friendly and understanding of all the servers I've played on. Any problem you have with the people, it's isolated to you and other unsavory characters who hate Xanadu. Sorry if I'm rambling or not making any sense, or wrongly making judgments. :)

Carry on building
~theFishy

Daedric
In-game: LoLa

by Daedric » Post

I would like to say something in this matter of trolling/badmouthing/spamming . I AGREE totally with Athemonium . In fact, I think he's being modest . I was infuriated (at first) by the way the spammer(s) were abusing a family-friendly server. But after considering all the points (and my personal experience) I would like to say that (imho) most admins and mods are relatively friendly compared to Shinji_Ikari.

I think this outburst happened a couple days ago when Shinji_Ikari trolled something about Trump. After that Athemonium (who is a really really nice person btw) replied by saying something like "i dont care" (about the troll question put up by Shinji_Ikari). After that Athemonium was revoke of all privileges without warning. And just after this incident somone was dating someone in-game (which is not a bad thing considering they were doing pm's). Shinji_Ikari came online and started asking who were dating(because he had no real proof). And he told if no one answers his question he will start banning suspected players one by one (and he did). Next up, I was talking to my friend (who was a suspect of knowing who was dating) (he was not even dating). Shinji_ikari asked him who was dating. He said he didnt know who. So he banned him (without warning). I didnt know he was banned. I thought he left the game. So I asked to Shinji_Ikari a question about "How to make an IP static so that I can run a server of my own". He told me I was going off-topic or something. Ok. So I dropped the topic. Then he pm (private message) me saying "If I know your idev your gonna get banned" . I ask him "what does idev means ?" (I honestly dont know what it means even now). Next he says "Im gonna do it anyways" and then my account got limited. I was so sad .I tried to llogin with another account and tell my friends that it was me (because I had many good friends there whom I dont wanna lose). But.....voila.....he bans me again..... I was literally in tears (because I thought I would never see my friends again.( Because if they get banned then I won't be able to know who's who) ( and I knew some of them for over 2 years).

That day many people got banned (including my friends). Some I knew irl and others I guess I lost them forever :'(

I created a different account the next day and voila....nobody banned me or anything....so I started to play again(all from the beginning). None of my old friends were online the whole day(which is unusual because they play literally almost everyday) (so I thought they were banned too.) I started asking new people if they were my "old" friends. but no...i couldnt find them. So out of the blue someone starts spamming (and badmouthing) Shinji_Ikari. (And really bad words that person used). I gotta say....he tried very hard to explain why he was angry at first(and he didnt use bad language at first too). But the mods apparently banned him without listening. And he came again and again. Started telling that "let him speak". But they banned him again. And so he came after a while again and started using really really bad words against Shinji_Ikari. He even told them he would stop if they unban his original account. They ignored him. He came for almost 2 days and kept harrassing and badmouthing and spamming and hacking, Until finally....the mods started banning many accounts again..... and this time ...me too. So I started to create another account. And it seems no new players are being admitted to Xanadu. (for almost a day now). I wonder if I will ever be able to play again( or if I ever WANT to play there again).

LAST BUT NOT THE LEAST , I REQUEST THE PLAYER ( WHO USED BAD WORDS IN THE SERVER) NOT TO USE VERBAL VIOLENCE AND TRY TO RESOLVE IT AS SUBTLY AS POSSIBLE. (ALTHOUGH I SUPPORT YOUR CAUSE) (AND I ALSO GET IT WHY YOU ARE ANGRY)

Sorry for my bad English. - Peace

minetestjosh

by minetestjosh » Post

noob101 wrote:Funny coincidences, don't you think? Also that the spammer used variations of your name first, before going random (and abusive)?
A player signed on the other night with rninetestjosh and started spamming crap, I took screenshots, I'm just saying that's a definite troll tactic because people fall for that. Some mods didn't even see that the player had used a different name than me.

Bonny

by Bonny » Post

minetestjosh wrote:
noob101 wrote:Funny coincidences, don't you think? Also that the spammer used variations of your name first, before going random (and abusive)?
A player signed on the other night with rninetestjosh and started spamming crap, I took screenshots, I'm just saying that's a definite troll tactic because people fall for that. Some mods didn't even see that the player had used a different name than me.
We all did know it wasn't you, only thing i was trying to figure out was what the typo spammer did with the name was so i could limit him
When life gives you lemons, just bake some lemon cupcakes
Dream as if you"ll live forever, eat cupcakes as if you would die today

minetestjosh

by minetestjosh » Post

I just looked at the screenshots I made again. I stand by my statement. I could've easily been limited. The default font makes rnintestjosh look like my nickname, very much so, it's only one pixel difference. I don't blame anyone for not seeing it but if I wasn't online and got limited I doubt anyone would've believed me. (The troll appears to be taking over peoples accounts.) Beware of trolls trying this tactic, they are reading the thread, they know regulars, they are out to get us to fight against one another. It's.What.They.Do.

If anyone wants the screenshots I will post them but I don't see a need to get more arguments going.

Moving on, can we?

I did some sheep farming (don't worry, I lasso'ed 'em all before signing off):

If anyone is wondering what that thing in the upper left in the screenshot is, it's my "dye engine." Most dye is made from flowers, which can be most easily gained by using bonemeal. I put dirt in the engine, place a bonemeal on it (5x5 area), and then dig the dirt and the resulting flowers fall into hoppers in a spiral pattern. Sounds slightly counter intuitive, but a sword takes 2x ore to make but a shovel takes 1x ore to make, and the side effect of digging dirt is getting bonemeal! Getting bonemeal from digging the dirt allows me to grow more flowers.

I am louie
In-game: Crafterlouie - MTLouie

by I am louie » Post

LOUIEVILLE is now open for all builders...

Path: At spawn, enter the GOLD teleport pad.

yours truly,
crafterlouie

Build Hard and LEt your Imagination FLow...

MineTest is the best :D

Glorfindel
GitHub: the1glorfindel
IRC: Glorfindel DoomWeaver
In-game: Glorfindel

by Glorfindel » Post

I am louie wrote:LOUIEVILLE is now open for all builders...

Path: At spawn, enter the GOLD teleport pad.

yours truly,
crafterlouie
Wow! Did you build all of it?! It looks incredible!