[Server] Xanadu

minetestjosh
Member
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2015 13:32

Re: Xanadu Server

by minetestjosh » Fri Jun 17, 2016 13:50

IceAgeComing wrote:So that "100%" is overeacting in my opinion....


Good to know mods saw "player makes other players talks it seems" and "hows he using exact name" and were able to correct for the obvious name spoof. With the user in question loudly protesting that they weren't the spoofer in question. I'm glad the mods didn't overreact before the user was able to protest. For sure.
 

User avatar
Phiwari123
Member
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 07:50
Location: Germany
In-game: Phiwari123

Re: Xanadu Server

by Phiwari123 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 15:15

I just wanna say to this now that no one would have banned you without checking if its a fake account or not, since we always make sure if its fake or not before doing something like limiting.

And its only human to react shocked at first, since we expected everything to happen after trying to deal with that for like 4 hours... When i came online that day in the morning it started and continued until 2pm or so, so yeah, we might have thought at first that it was really your account sending that message by being hacked or whatever, but its not like we didnt notice it at all.
And also, we know that you would not say anything like that.

Edit: Also, its human to overreact in such a situation when dealing with a player who keeps making accounts and also accounts with other players' names for hours.
Lasst uns alle Bäume pflanzen, nackig durch die Wälder tanzen, Nahrung für die Bienen schaffen, Vogelhäuschen bau'n statt Waffen. Menschen, Tiere, Umwelt achten, statt nach Kohle nur zu trachten, Klima schützen, Frieden stiften, statt die Felder zu vergiften. Lasst uns alle viel mehr lachen, Strom aus Wind und Sonne machen, Erde retten klingt zwar schlicht, doch 'ne zweite gibt es nicht.
 

Killerz
Member
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 15:08
Location: On the face of the earth xD
In-game: Killerz

Re: Xanadu Server

by Killerz » Fri Jun 17, 2016 15:34

Someone watergriefed bronze tp pad.interestingly there werent any source blocks that i could find.
For some reason i cant post a screenshot since it says that 'The entity was too large'.
EDM For the win!

Vassy - Secrets = LIFE
 

Bobr
Member
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 17:47

Re: Xanadu Server

by Bobr » Sat Jun 18, 2016 16:42

OK so basically I have keped on a down low for ages as another account and neon just. Limited me I ant going to cause any trouble I promise and can you please show this message to the owner hi I am really sorry for what I did before as Bobr I am a changed person and love helping mystik I am sure if you ask the mods on skyblocks I am a good player they would say yes so I am begging you to unlimit me and give me another chance so can one of the mods/admins please give me another chance since on this account I have done nothing rong pm for more details plz plus also I am not a bad player I love the game and love farming so if you don't want me only grant me interact in a certain area eg spawn and my farms so I can keep on helping out mystik
 

User avatar
ParaklataChotou
Member
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 17:09
GitHub: paraklatachotou
IRC: CareBearWhoCares
In-game: AutistCortana

Re: Xanadu Server

by ParaklataChotou » Sat Jun 18, 2016 17:29

I'm starting to think that these 'hackers' are the administrator and the moderators. They're the only people who can get access with with passwords, usernames...
I have accessed several times to this server, and all I see are comments of moderators - they are very annoying. Moderators and the administrator are very intransigent with users; They humiliate children and require them to have to apologize when they have done nothing wrong . I would never recommend anyone accessing this server. - the worst of all.
Visit my server: freextress.ddnsking.com 30002 . mobs, npcs, interesting places, pvp.
 

User avatar
ParaklataChotou
Member
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 17:09
GitHub: paraklatachotou
IRC: CareBearWhoCares
In-game: AutistCortana

Re: Xanadu Server

by ParaklataChotou » Sat Jun 18, 2016 17:34

Bobr wrote:OK so basically I have keped on a down low for ages as another account and neon just. Limited me I ant going to cause any trouble I promise and can you please show this message to the owner hi I am really sorry for what I did before as Bobr I am a changed person and love helping mystik I am sure if you ask the mods on skyblocks I am a good player they would say yes so I am begging you to unlimit me and give me another chance so can one of the mods/admins please give me another chance since on this account I have done nothing rong pm for more details plz plus also I am not a bad player I love the game and love farming so if you don't want me only grant me interact in a certain area eg spawn and my farms so I can keep on helping out mystik


You don't need to apologize with them.
Visit my server: freextress.ddnsking.com 30002 . mobs, npcs, interesting places, pvp.
 

Bobr
Member
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 17:47

Re: Xanadu Server

by Bobr » Sat Jun 18, 2016 17:43

I do I feel like I did ring on my other account(Bobr) I worded my words ring and didn't mean to if it sounded like that. I am a good player and I am hoping you will reconsider to unlimit me and give me another chance I would love that please
 

User avatar
ParaklataChotou
Member
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 17:09
GitHub: paraklatachotou
IRC: CareBearWhoCares
In-game: AutistCortana

Re: Xanadu Server

by ParaklataChotou » Sat Jun 18, 2016 19:21

Killerz wrote:Someone watergriefed bronze tp pad.interestingly there werent any source blocks that i could find.
For some reason i cant post a screenshot since it says that 'The entity was too large'.


If you are unable to use F12, it's because someone with privileges - you know - disabled F12... But you can use Print Screen button, and then paste it on Paint, Photoshop, Gimp, LibreOffice Draw...
Visit my server: freextress.ddnsking.com 30002 . mobs, npcs, interesting places, pvp.
 

User avatar
Phiwari123
Member
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 07:50
Location: Germany
In-game: Phiwari123

Re: Xanadu Server

by Phiwari123 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 19:26

ParaklataChotou wrote:If you are unable to use F12, it's because someone with privileges - you know - disabled F12...


Thats not even possible.... Since F12-function is a built-in function in the game and does not have to do anything with players' privileges.
Lasst uns alle Bäume pflanzen, nackig durch die Wälder tanzen, Nahrung für die Bienen schaffen, Vogelhäuschen bau'n statt Waffen. Menschen, Tiere, Umwelt achten, statt nach Kohle nur zu trachten, Klima schützen, Frieden stiften, statt die Felder zu vergiften. Lasst uns alle viel mehr lachen, Strom aus Wind und Sonne machen, Erde retten klingt zwar schlicht, doch 'ne zweite gibt es nicht.
 

User avatar
ParaklataChotou
Member
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 17:09
GitHub: paraklatachotou
IRC: CareBearWhoCares
In-game: AutistCortana

Re: Xanadu Server

by ParaklataChotou » Sat Jun 18, 2016 22:28

Phiwari123 wrote:
ParaklataChotou wrote:If you are unable to use F12, it's because someone with privileges - you know - disabled F12...


Thats not even possible.... Since F12-function is a built-in function in the game and does not have to do anything with players' privileges.

Yes... It's posible.
Visit my server: freextress.ddnsking.com 30002 . mobs, npcs, interesting places, pvp.
 

Killerz
Member
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 15:08
Location: On the face of the earth xD
In-game: Killerz

Re: Xanadu Server

by Killerz » Sun Jun 19, 2016 01:40

I do have the screenshot.It just wont allow me to post it on the forum
And btw,everyone can use F12
So if what you are saying is true,only Ten should have a 'F12' priv(and shinji ofc) but the last time i checked,there was no 'F12" priv
EDM For the win!

Vassy - Secrets = LIFE
 

Killerz
Member
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 15:08
Location: On the face of the earth xD
In-game: Killerz

Re: Xanadu Server

by Killerz » Sun Jun 19, 2016 02:47

ParaklataChotou wrote:I'm starting to think that these 'hackers' are the administrator and the moderators. They're the only people who can get access with with passwords, usernames...
I have accessed several times to this server, and all I see are comments of moderators - they are very annoying. Moderators and the administrator are very intransigent with users; They humiliate children and require them to have to apologize when they have done nothing wrong . I would never recommend anyone accessing this server. - the worst of all.

1: only admins can access usernames and passwords
2: Why on earth do you think that ten or shinj would want to ruin their own server which hey have put soo much effort into maintaining and running?
3:Regarding you finiding moderators verry 'annoying',and you only seeing comments of mods,there is F2 and why cant they talk?
4: Can you give me a example of 'Moderators and the administrator are very intransigent with users; They humiliate children and require them to have to apologize when they have done nothing wrong'?
5:And when you say 'I would never recommend anyone accessing this server. - the worst of all' How long have you been playing? have you been to ALL of the servers?
EDM For the win!

Vassy - Secrets = LIFE
 

User avatar
auxodere
Member
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:04
 

User avatar
Phiwari123
Member
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 07:50
Location: Germany
In-game: Phiwari123

Re: Xanadu Server

by Phiwari123 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 06:52

Killerz wrote:1: only admins can access usernames and passwords
2: Why on earth do you think that ten or shinj would want to ruin their own server which hey have put soo much effort into maintaining and running?
3:Regarding you finiding moderators verry 'annoying',and you only seeing comments of mods,there is F2 and why cant they talk?
4: Can you give me a example of 'Moderators and the administrator are very intransigent with users; They humiliate children and require them to have to apologize when they have done nothing wrong'?
5:And when you say 'I would never recommend anyone accessing this server. - the worst of all' How long have you been playing? have you been to ALL of the servers?


+1

ParaklataChotou wrote:Yes... It's posible.


No it's not. (If you completely change the whole Game-engine and change main code of it, then yeah, probably it would be possible. But why would someone do that?) Its an ingame-function that has nothing to do with Privileges.
Lasst uns alle Bäume pflanzen, nackig durch die Wälder tanzen, Nahrung für die Bienen schaffen, Vogelhäuschen bau'n statt Waffen. Menschen, Tiere, Umwelt achten, statt nach Kohle nur zu trachten, Klima schützen, Frieden stiften, statt die Felder zu vergiften. Lasst uns alle viel mehr lachen, Strom aus Wind und Sonne machen, Erde retten klingt zwar schlicht, doch 'ne zweite gibt es nicht.
 

minetestjosh
Member
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2015 13:32

Re: Xanadu Server

by minetestjosh » Sun Jun 19, 2016 08:58

Ten explicitly told me that passwords were hashed so it would be difficult to access them unless the user used a really dumb and simple password. The spammer was likely someone using 'password' or '12345' or something like that and their account got hacked.

Bobr. :(

killerz is on point. mods keep a safe atmosphere for kids. Probably the safest server for kids to come to.
 

Bobr
Member
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 17:47

Re: Xanadu Server

by Bobr » Sun Jun 19, 2016 09:57

Tbh I love the server and wish that some one will just show the owner this message I love the server do not wish to cause any troubled and just want to help out mystik if you think I said I would grief I am sorry but you read it rong what is said is 'you need more moderators on because for like example at 3 am when I'm usually on people are saying they have been greifed and no one there is there to stop it ' so I am begging you check the logs from when Bobr got banned and see what I wrote I am sure this statement with match up with the logs plus I would like to see the log on exactly what I said
 

User avatar
firefox
Member
 
Posts: 1477
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 07:34
Location: Xanadu
In-game: Red_Fox

Re: Xanadu Server

by firefox » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:13

just a side note about "moderators being rude":

many new players are constantly asking for rare items, weapons, armors and/or being friends with someone, which means living in their house.
replies like "go to the xxx farm at xxx path to get free xxx" are usually ignored.
after some time they start directly addressing people and ask them for items or to live in their house. or they just order you to come to spawn because "it's important".
after everyone, including players and moderators told them about the "no begging rule" and the public farms near spawn, someone eventually kicks them to stop the chat spam.
then they accuse you of being rude and selfish and unfriendly to children.
then they either ragequit or start a drama which usually ends in a ban for breaking most of the rules.
then they go to forum and post about the "bad moderators".
building inspiration: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15550 --- my game: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=15860 --- =(^.^)= nyan~
 

Killerz
Member
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 15:08
Location: On the face of the earth xD
In-game: Killerz

Re: Xanadu Server

by Killerz » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:28

firefox wrote:just a side note about "moderators being rude":

many new players are constantly asking for rare items, weapons, armors and/or being friends with someone, which means living in their house.
replies like "go to the xxx farm at xxx path to get free xxx" are usually ignored.
after some time they start directly addressing people and ask them for items or to live in their house. or they just order you to come to spawn because "it's important".
after everyone, including players and moderators told them about the "no begging rule" and the public farms near spawn, someone eventually kicks them to stop the chat spam.
then they accuse you of being rude and selfish and unfriendly to children.
then they either ragequit or start a drama which usually ends in a ban for breaking most of the rules.
then they go to forum and post about the "bad moderators".

I agree.People dont want to listen to rules then they start drama
EDM For the win!

Vassy - Secrets = LIFE
 

Bobr
Member
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 17:47

Re: Xanadu Server

by Bobr » Sun Jun 19, 2016 13:07

Look please can I just talk to the server owner
 

User avatar
firefox
Member
 
Posts: 1477
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 07:34
Location: Xanadu
In-game: Red_Fox

Re: Xanadu Server

by firefox » Sun Jun 19, 2016 13:45

Bobr wrote:Look please can I just talk to the server owner

i don't know if shinji is also on he forums, but you can try to send a message to TenPlus1, but don't expect too much.

-----------------------------------------------------

somewhere in the Aether...

Image

...there is a floating land :3

coming sooner or later
Attachments
screenshot_20160619_153211.png
(419.49 KiB) Not downloaded yet
building inspiration: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15550 --- my game: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=15860 --- =(^.^)= nyan~
 

Bobr
Member
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 17:47

Re: Xanadu Server

by Bobr » Sun Jun 19, 2016 21:18

just for the record if the logs substantiate what you believe then I must be guilty as the data cannot be wrong, clearly justifying your actions. I'm not sure you checked the data thoroughly as I believe I'm innocent but I bow to your decision. Sorry for the time and trouble I seem to have caused you.....
 

minetestjosh
Member
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2015 13:32

Re: Xanadu Server

by minetestjosh » Mon Jun 20, 2016 04:36

firefox wrote:somewhere in the Aether...

Image

...there is a floating land :3

coming sooner or later


What mod/texture pack do you use to get the realistic moon? I never tried texture packs because I was afraid they would interfere with the servers textures or look ugly. But I like that moon!
 

User avatar
auxodere
Member
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:04

Re: Xanadu Server

by auxodere » Mon Jun 20, 2016 05:12

How do I change textures ?
Is it a mod or something else ?
If I had a server to play with friends, and I changed the texture, would it show on my friend's game as well ?
 

User avatar
firefox
Member
 
Posts: 1477
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 07:34
Location: Xanadu
In-game: Red_Fox

Re: Xanadu Server

by firefox » Mon Jun 20, 2016 05:30

auxodere wrote:How do I change textures ?
Is it a mod or something else ?
If I had a server to play with friends, and I changed the texture, would it show on my friend's game as well ?

mods can have their own textures, those are used as stardard for all users and only the server owner can change them.
players can change textures by using a texture pack, which will overwrite the textures on the client side. if you want your friends to have the same textures as you, you have to use the same texture pack.
other players will still see the default textures or their own.

note that xanadu has some server exclusive mods, if you want to set new textures for those too, you can find out the image names by targeting the nodes while debug info (F5) is enabled.
building inspiration: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15550 --- my game: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=15860 --- =(^.^)= nyan~
 

User avatar
firefox
Member
 
Posts: 1477
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 07:34
Location: Xanadu
In-game: Red_Fox

Re: Xanadu Server

by firefox » Mon Jun 20, 2016 05:33

minetestjosh wrote:What mod/texture pack do you use to get the realistic moon? I never tried texture packs because I was afraid they would interfere with the servers textures or look ugly. But I like that moon!

i copied the sun and moon textures from the John Smith texture pack, those are the best i know. for everything else i prefer the default textures.
building inspiration: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15550 --- my game: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=15860 --- =(^.^)= nyan~
 

PreviousNext

Return to Servers



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FreeGamers, Walker and 3 guests