[Server] Xanadu

minetestjosh

Re: Xanadu Server

by minetestjosh » Post

firefox wrote:i copied the sun and moon textures from the John Smith texture pack, those are the best i know. for everything else i prefer the default textures.
Ahah, thanks, I'll look at how to do that, do you just have a texture pack with only those in there?

auxodere

by auxodere » Post

firefox wrote:
auxodere wrote:How do I change textures ?
Is it a mod or something else ?
If I had a server to play with friends, and I changed the texture, would it show on my friend's game as well ?
mods can have their own textures, those are used as stardard for all users and only the server owner can change them.
players can change textures by using a texture pack, which will overwrite the textures on the client side. if you want your friends to have the same textures as you, you have to use the same texture pack.
other players will still see the default textures or their own.

note that xanadu has some server exclusive mods, if you want to set new textures for those too, you can find out the image names by targeting the nodes while debug info (F5) is enabled.
Even if i use mods for changing textures as server owner, will it not change for my friends ?

Unfortunately , I can't play on Xanadu as some error message is showing something like "new players not allowed".
I had a previous account named bruce but it was some time ago. (I forgot the password) :P

I am louie
In-game: Crafterlouie - MTLouie

by I am louie » Post

firefox wrote:
Bobr wrote:Look please can I just talk to the server owner
i don't know if shinji is also on he forums, but you can try to send a message to TenPlus1, but don't expect too much.

-----------------------------------------------------

somewhere in the Aether...

...there is a floating land :3

coming sooner or later

Wow redfox san, it looks really awesome :D ..... nice shot :P
Build Hard and LEt your Imagination FLow...

MineTest is the best :D

firefox
In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Post

minetestjosh wrote:do you just have a texture pack with only those in there?
that, and the round minimap overlay, which i found in the forum.
auxodere wrote:Even if i use mods for changing textures as server owner, will it not change for my friends ?
the textures that come with mods are used for everyone who plays on the server, since they are the textures with which the nodes are registered.
texture packs can be used by each player individually and overwrite the registered textures for that user only.
if you are the server host, all textures you use in your mods, will be displayed to all players.
auxodere wrote:Unfortunately , I can't play on Xanadu as some error message is showing something like "new players not allowed".
the server had to be locked for new players to stop the hacker attacks.
it will be opened again when the problem is fixed.
if your old account is not too old (like from the previous map), you can talk to TenPlus1 about resetting your password.
I am louie wrote:it looks really awesome :D ..... nice shot :P
i discovered it by coincidence. =(^.^)=
for some reason i always look into the sky when i use the craftguide :P
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

auxodere

by auxodere » Post

firefox wrote: the server had to be locked for new players to stop the hacker attacks.
it will be opened again when the problem is fixed.
if your old account is not too old (like from the previous map), you can talk to TenPlus1 about resetting your password.
How do I talk to TenPlus1 ?

ParaklataChotou
GitHub: paraklatachotou
IRC: CareBearWhoCares
In-game: AutistCortana

by ParaklataChotou » Post

firefox wrote:just a side note about "moderators being rude":

many new players are constantly asking for rare items, weapons, armors and/or being friends with someone, which means living in their house.
replies like "go to the xxx farm at xxx path to get free xxx" are usually ignored.
after some time they start directly addressing people and ask them for items or to live in their house. or they just order you to come to spawn because "it's important".
after everyone, including players and moderators told them about the "no begging rule" and the public farms near spawn, someone eventually kicks them to stop the chat spam.
then they accuse you of being rude and selfish and unfriendly to children.
then they either ragequit or start a drama which usually ends in a ban for breaking most of the rules.
then they go to forum and post about the "bad moderators".
I AGREE. THIS SERVER DISAPPOINTED ME, AND MY SON TOO.
AND DON'T FORGET THAT THE MODERATORS CHANGE THE SERVER RULES EVERY TIME.
Visit my server: freextress.ddnsking.com 30002 . mobs, npcs, interesting places, pvp.

IceAgeComing

by IceAgeComing » Post

ParaklataChotou wrote:
Hard to take your complaint seriously
when its written in all caps, which is rude, cause on internet its considered as yelling.
I can assume thats maybe why you didnt like the server, cause on Xanadu you are not allowed to keep talking in all caps.

firefox
In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Post

ParaklataChotou wrote:
firefox wrote:just a side note about "moderators being rude":

many new players are constantly asking for rare items, weapons, armors and/or being friends with someone, which means living in their house.
replies like "go to the xxx farm at xxx path to get free xxx" are usually ignored.
after some time they start directly addressing people and ask them for items or to live in their house. or they just order you to come to spawn because "it's important".
after everyone, including players and moderators told them about the "no begging rule" and the public farms near spawn, someone eventually kicks them to stop the chat spam.
then they accuse you of being rude and selfish and unfriendly to children.
then they either ragequit or start a drama which usually ends in a ban for breaking most of the rules.
then they go to forum and post about the "bad moderators".
i don't think you agree with my post, your comment is on a totally different topic...
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

Kilarin
GitHub: Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

firefox wrote:then they go to forum and post about the "bad moderators".
ParaklataChotou wrote:I AGREE. THIS SERVER DISAPPOINTED ME, AND MY SON TOO.
firefox, did you ASK for someone to demonstrate and I just missed it? :)

ParaklataChotou
GitHub: paraklatachotou
IRC: CareBearWhoCares
In-game: AutistCortana

by ParaklataChotou » Post

IceAgeComing wrote:
ParaklataChotou wrote:
when its written in all caps, which is rude, cause on internet its considered as yelling.
I can assume thats maybe why you didnt like the server, cause on Xanadu you are not allowed to keep talking in all caps.
I GUESS YOU SHOULD NEED TO TAKE SOME ORTHOGRAPHY LESSONS. WHEN SOMEONE IS TYPING IN UPPERCASE, THAT DOESN'T MEAN THAN THAT PERSON IS YELLING. I THINK TYPING IN UPPERCASE IT'S REALLY BEAUTIFUL AND IT CALLS ATTENTION. NOW, XANADU HAS GREAT PROBLEMS, THEY'RE TROLLING SO MANY CLIENTS. NOT ONLY THAT... YOU'RE HUMILIATING CHILDREN, AND BREAKING THEIR BUILDINGS, FOR FEW DAYS LATER. MODERATORS AND ADMINISTRATOR IN XANADU ARE FREAKS.
Visit my server: freextress.ddnsking.com 30002 . mobs, npcs, interesting places, pvp.

I am louie

by I am louie » Post

ParaklataChotou wrote:
IceAgeComing wrote:
ParaklataChotou wrote:
I GUESS YOU SHOULD NEED TO TAKE SOME ORTHOGRAPHY LESSONS. WHEN SOMEONE IS TYPING IN UPPERCASE, THAT DOESN'T MEAN THAN THAT PERSON IS YELLING. I THINK TYPING IN UPPERCASE IT'S REALLY BEAUTIFUL AND IT CALLS ATTENTION. NOW, XANADU HAS GREAT PROBLEMS, THEY'RE TROLLING SO MANY CLIENTS. NOT ONLY THAT... YOU'RE HUMILIATING CHILDREN, AND BREAKING THEIR BUILDINGS, FOR FEW DAYS LATER. MODERATORS AND ADMINISTRATOR IN XANADU ARE FREAKS.
well said, your now showing your true nature....

IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T FIGURE IT OUT TILL NOW, THE ONLY PROBLEM OF XANADU IS YOU,
*YOUR MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS
*THE DRAMA YOUR CAUSING IN-GAME AND IN THIS FORUM
*YOUR SPAMMING
*YOUR CURSING
*AND EVERYTHING YOUR DOING RIGHT NOW.
*** DON'T YOU GET IT, XANADU AND THE PEOPLE THERE DON'T WANT YOU...AND THE ONLY REASON THE ADMINS DECIDED TO NOT ACCEPT NEW PLAYERS IS ALL THANKS TO YOU....

AND TAKE NOTE I'M USING CAPS BECAUSE I'M YELLING.. ***BIG THANKS TO YOU***

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

ParaklataChotou wrote:I THINK TYPING IN UPPERCASE IT'S REALLY BEAUTIFUL AND IT CALLS ATTENTION.
Thank you, I've been feeling down and you have really made me laugh today. laughter is good medicine!

I am louie

by I am louie » Post

OH I FORGOT, I SAW THE WORD FREAKS... WELL IF IT MEANS PROTECTING THE SERVER AND OTHER PLAYERS AGAINST YOU....YES WE'VE BEEN FREAKS RECENTLY ALL THANKS TO YOU AGAIN....

WE CANT LET OTHER PLAYERS, SPECIALLY KIDS THAT ARE PLAYING TO HAVE YOU AS AN EXAMPLE.

***RULES ARE SET TO PROTECT THE PLAYERS...AGAINST PEOPLE LIKE YOU.

sorry for using caps...pips o/

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

So has Xanadu NOT been down all day?

Bonny

by Bonny » Post

Kilarin wrote:So has Xanadu NOT been down all day?
I heard its having connection problem, but should be back up sometime soon
When life gives you lemons, just bake some lemon cupcakes
Dream as if you"ll live forever, eat cupcakes as if you would die today

auxodere

by auxodere » Post

I just read all the posts about why Xanadu had recent problems.
imo there are some (more than 1) people who got banned and they are blaming the mods/admins.
my advice: just move on and let others move on.
Its not doing anybody any good. Simple :)
After all, we are here to play and have fun, isn't it ?

Bobr

by Bobr » Post

I agree with the server admins and mods on this one I would do the exact same thing if we were in this situation

minetestjosh

by minetestjosh » Post

Bobr I always liked you, I don't know what happened to get you banned, and I'm not vouching or arguing for you to come back, but just keep doing what you're doing on skyblocks (thanks for those cars, you rock, really fun to drive them) and maybe other servers will come to respect you. I don't know if you're young or hot headed or whatever got you banned, but I respect you. So just keep being cool headed and kind like you're being now. I've seen you on 4 different servers I frequent and you've been nothing but fun to play with. Just keep it up and try your best not to do anything to anger mods / admins. To quote Star Trek, "you have been, and always will be, my friend." See you on skyblocks or the other servers.

And, yeah, I agree, the spammer is pretty vicious, I don't know who is spamming the server, but there's really no recourse when so many players are apparently using easy to guess passwords and getting their accounts hacked. I was online after they stopped new registrations and there were literally dozens of old accounts that signed on in the same time I was on and who were spamming utterly vile stuff. At the end of the day I changed my password twice, because I didn't want to get hacked. (My password is now pretty much random and unable to be hacked. Pain to type it in, but it is what it is.)

I don't know if it's possible for admins but maybe they can search accounts for known weak passwords (a password list hashed, like rainbow tables I think they're called), and just lock them out until the player in question asks for their account back. Shame there's no way to register by email (with return verification). Would at least make it more difficult for the hackers.

Fixer
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixer » Post

eventually kicks them to stop the chat spam
why not just remove their shout priv for some time so they can play but not talk?

auxodere

by auxodere » Post

Fixerol wrote:
eventually kicks them to stop the chat spam
why not just remove their shout priv for some time so they can play but not talk?
Yeah that's a good idea.
But I think they kick them because they know they are causing trouble in chat.
So they can cause trouble in game too. Eg. Griefing, Killing, Following, Destroying nature,etc.

amadin

by amadin » Post

why server not work?

auxodere

by auxodere » Post

amadin wrote:why server not work?
Its down now I guess

IceAgeComing

by IceAgeComing » Post

Fixerol wrote: why not just remove their shout priv for some time so they can play but not talk?
Why should spammer/troublemaker have ability to play though? If they had their warning and still continue, i think kick/limit is only option.
Taking shout priv won't solve much,
since then they can make signs and write on it.
Or do other types of trouble like griefing, etc.

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

IceAgeComing wrote:Why should spammer/troublemaker have ability to play though?
Exactly.

I have had times that I wished I could use a lesser punishment on someone just to get their attention. a limit that only lasts for a day, or removing shout only for one hour, for example. But those would be attempts to get (usually kids) who are just ignoring the moderator to realize that we are serious. After several warnings and infractions it becomes obvious that some people are not willing to play cooperatively and will be nothing but trouble, so, for the benefit of everyone, we remove them.

auouymous
GitHub: auouymous
IRC: air
In-game: auouymous

by auouymous » Post

minetestjosh wrote:My password is now pretty much random and unable to be hacked. Pain to type it in, but it is what it is.
Thanks for the reminder, I was using a typable password but just changed it to something very long and random. I've been using this script to launch minetest so long random passwords don't matter. This should work for Linux and OSX users, and Windows users should be able to easily convert it to a batch script. Be sure to replace USERNAME and PASSWORD with your credentials. :)

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh
minetest --address 98.166.90.48 --port 30000 --name USERNAME --password PASSWORD --go
minetestjosh wrote:I don't know if it's possible for admins but maybe they can search accounts for known weak passwords (a password list hashed, like rainbow tables I think they're called), and just lock them out until the player in question asks for their account back.
Anyone who started a new account or changed their password with 0.4.13 or above on new map are using SRP passwords. Same password on two different servers produces two different tokens, no way to compare with rainbow tables. Those who started a new account with 0.4.12 and below, and haven't changed password with a 0.4.13+ client, are still using the old hashed passwords, and those could be in a rainbow table.