[Server] Xanadu

Kilarin
GitHub: Kilarin

Re: Xanadu Server

by Kilarin » Post

Any one know whats wrong with Xanadu tonight? I can connect, but nothing loads, just stars.

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

The money mod has a bug in the code which came to surface with the latest dev version of minetest, it will be fixed today and updated so hopefully server will be back up and running in a few hours...

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

Glad to see it back up, I missed my Xanadu fix. :) Thanks for all your hard work TenPlus1

MykieDoesStuff

by MykieDoesStuff » Post

For fast response... send me a PM

Neon
In-game: Neon

by Neon » Post

Some of us hanging out at Mystik's huge underground build: Image

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

yet another place in Xanadu with some VERY interesting geometry:

Expand Spoiler to see more:
Spoiler

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

Oh, and one more pic. Did you know that there is a whole city in Xanadu dedicated specifically to spanish speakers?

Nomis

by Nomis » Post

Hi there.

Can log in but cannot click or talk.

Is there a match going on?

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Kilarin wrote:Oh, and one more pic. Did you know that there is a whole city in Xanadu dedicated specifically to spanish speakers?

I take comfort in knowing that those people have a place that they can call home.

Dragonop
GitHub: Dragonop
IRC: Dragonop
In-game: Dragonop

by Dragonop » Post

I woul wish to know that village before making my house, my chest room, my crops, and claim a whole area :c
-Can you advertise that village in the spawn please?

Nomis

by Nomis » Post

Dragonop wrote:I woul wish to know that village before making my house, my chest room, my crops, and claim a whole area :c

Did you not read the sign in front of the glass buildings, you appeared from nowhere. And no your crops were not taken, nor your jungle trees. And I left protection blocks, iron and food in your chest.

There is also a sign for TenPlus1 regarding joining the land to the road which has been at the site for over a week.

I have not known what to do about spawn since it became a space station, I had no idea I had shared rights to post a board there.

Neon
In-game: Neon

by Neon » Post

The Space station is now the site-wide spawn site? That must have changed in the last day or so. More likely, you had left the game whilst exploring the space station, and now that you reappeared there, you think it's spawn.

Most of the roads are owned by other people. IceAgeComing owns many of the roads leading away from spawn. I own a significant section of the Yellow Road (the part made up of paving bricks). I have no doubt that there are other road builders out there. If you want to join with those roads, you will need to approach the appropriate user (when you try to build inside the road's influence, the chat will tell you who owns it.), not TenPlus1.

Nomis

by Nomis » Post

Neon wrote:The Space station is now the site-wide spawn site? That must have changed in the last day or so. More likely, you had left the game whilst exploring the space station, and now that you reappeared there, you think it's spawn.

Most of the roads are owned by other people. IceAgeComing owns many of the roads leading away from spawn. I own a significant section of the Yellow Road (the part made up of paving bricks). I have no doubt that there are other road builders out there. If you want to join with those roads, you will need to approach the appropriate user (when you try to build inside the road's influence, the chat will tell you who owns it.), not TenPlus1.

ahhh ok. My punishment seems to be disallowing right click and use along with muting!

Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

TenPlus1:
Is money coming back to Xanadu, or gone for good? Because if it's gone for good, my son and I were discussing another possible medium of exchange.

Gold makes a good medium of exchange, but a gold bar is a rare enough commodity that it could make trade a bit awkward at times. What if a gold bar could be broken into 9 gold nuggets (and of course, 9 gold nuggets combined to make a gold bar)? Then a gold nugget would be a much smaller unit and a more useful medium of exchange.

If the gold nugget is not a small enough unit of exchange, then gold nuggets could be crafted into 9 gold coins (and vice versa). That would make 81 gold coins to 1 gold bar. And that would be a pretty small and useful medium of exchange.

Of course, if money is coming back, this would be completely unnecessary. And it might not be a useful idea in any case, just throwing it out there for consideration.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

The coin side of the money mod was always glitchy so it was decided to remove it and use barter shops only with gold lumps as default currency which seems to have worked well in many shops around spawn pathways now... I also have a gold ingot to gold lump exchange shop outside the TNT cafe...

Nomis

by Nomis » Post

I have been forced off the server by an incorrect complaint.

Can someone rectify this please.

Thanks.

mystik
GitHub: jasonjayr
In-game: mystik

by mystik » Post

The biggest loss of the money plugin is the money was in an 'account' from all your shops.

If you have a *lot* of shops, you now have to check them all to pick up the gold lumps.

It's be neat if you could have a shop that 'teleported' the gold lumps to a craftable holding chest. Each chest can hold 99 x # of slots of lumps, if you need to hold more, then build more.

It might even be worthwhile to require the holding chest to be near the shop. Someone like me2 that has 200+ shops in close proximity could just setup 2-3 holding chests and pick up all the lumps in one go.

What was the symptoms of the bugs?

mystik
GitHub: jasonjayr
In-game: mystik

by mystik » Post

mystik wrote: What was the symptoms of the bugs?
I'm reading through the mod's source: https://github.com/Kotolegokot/minetest ... y/init.lua ... line 24.

Are you using the un-modded version? Is that thing seriously re-writing the whole accounts file for the whole server everytime someone has an interaction with money?! Without any kind of lock?!?!

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Most of the mods used on the server are heavily edited and optimized, just so you know it isn't always vanilla, like the money mod...

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

https://github.com/minetest/minetest/co ... 5f8b3cf429
This commit could prove to be very useful to the ethereal mod.

Nomis

by Nomis » Post

Thanks for the restoration. Very grateful.

I still need to learn how to set up shops. I have a high high high glass tower in the clouds that could do with a glass church looking cafe and two mining platforms out at sea that I need to "wire" somehow.

Is there a tutorial or does the related mod change too quickly at present? (I can see chat about the money mod stuff)

I also have gold nuggets, I thought these could be made into coins, however I haven't found this, it's ingots or lumps only!

(I am ignorant to surface level activities as I've spent most of the game mining deep deep deep, hence knowing nothing about shop setups!)

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Barter Shops aren't so bad to setup, right-click and enter name of shop in top line, node you are selling (e.g default:wood), then node you want in return (e.g. default:gold_lump) and amount of 1st to sell and finally amount of 2nd you want, then press Tune... once setup anyone can right click shop to make a transaction (in this case gold lump for wood) and finally punch shop to untune shop to make changes...

Nomis

by Nomis » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:Barter Shops aren't so bad to setup, right-click and enter name of shop in top line, node you are selling (e.g default:wood), then node you want in return (e.g. default:gold_lump) and amount of 1st to sell and finally amount of 2nd you want, then press Tune... once setup anyone can right click shop to make a transaction (in this case gold lump for wood) and finally punch shop to untune shop to make changes...

Perfect. I'll log back in and set a few things up later.

Think I might choose a currency other than gold, it's very, very deep in the mines to get. Need to think of something that takes work but not too much....

Thanks.

Dragonop

by Dragonop » Post

Nomis wrote:
Dragonop wrote:I woul wish to know that village before making my house, my chest room, my crops, and claim a whole area :c

Did you not read the sign in front of the glass buildings, you appeared from nowhere. And no your crops were not taken, nor your jungle trees. And I left protection blocks, iron and food in your chest.

I have never been in that village...

Dragonop

by Dragonop » Post

Can you help me find my way back to my house?
Well I was exploring, and by acciden I typed /sethome, instead of /home. So, I'm lost.

Do you have seen a village in the beach, where this one, is next to a red grass biome?. With lava ponds? My house has 2 floors (at least last time), a mining site in the back, and some crops with stone in the sides, and grass in the top.

Please make an efort, or, if you are an admin/modder, check the player log, and say where I do placed a chest, that will help.
Thanks.