[Server] Xanadu

Kilarin
GitHub: Kilarin

Re: Xanadu Server

by Kilarin » Post

You guys aren't listening.
You are not supposed to have active accounts running at the same time.
When you misbehave in one account, being limited is NOT an attempt to punish the account, but the person using the account. If they have multiple accounts, they all get limited. Same person, same punishment.

MerleManga
In-game: MerleManga or WarriorDuck

by MerleManga » Post

He didn't have multiple active accounts..
I'm talking about the account / s he created AFTER getting limited, and NOT about using multiple active accounts.
I don't understand why they got limited too, even though he didn't do anything bad as far as I know.
Get the f*** outta my room, I'm playing Minetest.

auouymous
GitHub: auouymous
IRC: air
In-game: auouymous

by auouymous » Post

angelo1123_ wrote:i guess they didnt have time ti judge right so they just banned all my accounts just because they felt a little extra lazy.
Cops usually arrest bad people and they get a fair trial, but sometimes the cops shoot and the bad people die. So go ahead, take your chances at being bad and see how it turns out for you! :)

Kelena
In-game: Kelena

by Kelena » Post

Each IP is allowed to have 3 accounts as a limit, but ONLY one active account per player so the others can be used to log in IF your account gets limited, which apparently was Angelo's case.

So he was limited and made another account to keep playing, but once you get limited it's up to the admin to let you play there again or not. But keep in mind that once somebody deserves a limit/ban you are not that trusted anymore and nothing guaranties that you'll behave on your second account.

Also, keep in mind that admin decisions are final, you're playing at their playground after all.
Love and nodes, Kel~ | | Playing only at Xanadu.

MerleManga

by MerleManga » Post

Thank you for answering, Kelena..
In my opinion this is kinda unfair though..
Why doesn't everyone get those chances?
Why do you limit them if they didn't even do anything, just because they "probably" could do bad stuff?
They probably could do it better with their new account.
They probably are SORRY for what they did.
Doesn't make much sense to me, sorry.

And I never heard about that.. I always thought EVERYone would get two more chances after a limit.
Last edited by MerleManga on Tue May 30, 2017 20:59, edited 1 time in total.

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

each player does in indeed have three chances but if you use those to spread panic or troll other players then they are quickly limited also... they aren't taken away without a cause.
the

MerleManga

by MerleManga » Post

But he only did something bad with his FIRST account.
Why did the other accounts get limited too?

angelo1123_
IRC: angelo1123_
In-game: angelo1123_

by angelo1123_ » Post

@MERLEMANGA :thats true there,i also dont under why my other accounts got banned??i didnt break any rules with my other accounts which i did not use all at once i made another one each time they limited the last one.
Mhk (mmm-kay) means okay.

mnh48
GitHub: mnh48
IRC: MNH48
In-game: mnh48

by mnh48 » Post

I hope the issue ongoing here does not relate to "dynamic IP address" since accounts on Minetest are bound to IP addresses most of the time.

It's really frustrating when you get IP that someone else already use to do something bad, and you get flagged and become limited. I don't get limited on the server (on the last check) but I do get limit on other website/services because I get the bad IP address.
Spoiler
I don't know how it is on other countries but at here, everyone gets dynamic IP address and only business subscribers could get static IP out-of-the-box. Home users who wants static IP needs to make special arrangement with ISP and pay at least 2 times higher for the same speed.

Since I (and everyone else here) use dynamic IP address, if the internet I use is having problem, or if the ADSL modem (or mobile data) gets turned off (ie. power failure or mobile battery dead) while I'm playing on any server, I would automatically get new IP when the problem is fixed or after ADSL modem (or mobile data) turned back on, thus server owner will see me connected with new IP address.

Fiber optic users reported the same thing, though it's rarer for them to get IP changed because they are 24/7 connected (as opposed to ADSL users who turn off modem at least once per day to let it rest, to extend the years the modem could survive). Their IP still changed if the modem gets restarted even they uses fiber optic, so no one can run from changing IP at here except business users or arranged internet plan.

Note: I don't use fiber optic, it's wayyyyy too expensive. The one I wrote is what I heard from friend who actually use fiber optic.

iisu
GitHub: iisu
IRC: iisu
In-game: iisu

by iisu » Post

I can't view the map, I keep getting error 502 Bad Gateway all day.
Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.

mystik
GitHub: jasonjayr
In-game: mystik

by mystik » Post

iisu wrote:I can't view the map, I keep getting error 502 Bad Gateway all day.
Sorry about that -- I always work with it with a direct internal link on my network, and I don't always see if the public URL is down.

It should be back up now. Let me know(via private message) if there are any areas that need to be updated!

ForgiveAndromedalol
GitHub: ForgiveAndromedalol
IRC: Andromeda
In-game: Yam

by ForgiveAndromedalol » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:Minetest has it's fair share of clones out there, some you pay for, some with advertising built-in and others that flood servers with guest or sadie accounts (or other names).
So many Sadie clients are probably bots? OMGSH... I considered sadie224 like my friend in Yngwie123 server. :O
Last edited by ForgiveAndromedalol on Wed May 31, 2017 21:18, edited 1 time in total.
My MODS: Water Colors - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18241
BTW BLOCKS - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17654

mnh48

by mnh48 » Post

ForgiveAndromedalol wrote:
TenPlus1 wrote:Minetest has it's fair share of clones out there, some you pay for, some with advertising built-in and others that flood servers with guest or sadie accounts (or other names).
So Sadie clients are probably bots? OMGSH... I considered sadie224 like my friend in Yngwie123 server. :O
Sadie accounts are not bots, they're normal players but they play on unsupported, unofficial clone apps and most probably against the law as their app goes against the license of Minetest (LGPL license).

From what I heard, the number after Sadie or Guest are generated randomly from the clone app client when they connect to server, they can't choose username. After you exit, and tries to login again in those clients, you will get yet another random number so you can't play on the same account as before, that's why the server "gets flooded" with those accounts.

These apps exists because some people want to make money by using open-source codes and put in many ads or put in VIP feature (like pay to get VIP so you can fly, even in singleplayer). Note that Minetest NEVER needs you to pay to get fly by default, especially in singleplayer (you just need to "/grantme fly" in singleplayer)... while on servers, it's up to the server owner whether they want fly enabled or disabled.
Spoiler
Up until now, Minetest is not on iTunes (or iOS Store) yet so anyone connecting from iPad are definitely using unofficial apps to play. Apple hates GPL (and derivatives like LGPL) so Minetest don't have any way to get into iTunes officially, Apple's rules itself will go against license of Minetest, all other existing unofficial apps on iTunes are also either go against license of Minetest but not Apple, or go against license of Apple but not Minetest.

Minetest NEEDS the code to be published publicly as it's LGPL, while Apple PROHIBITS the code to be published publicly. It won't get anywhere, Minetest can't go in Apple's iTunes/App Store unless Apple allows the code to be published publicly.

For Android, the code is public in Github, so it's on Play Store, no problem there... Please use official Android app if you're on Android... but no luck if you're on iOS...

Btw, "iOS App Store" is indeed iTunes if you look carefully... I'm not doing mistake there...

auouymous
GitHub: auouymous
IRC: air
In-game: auouymous

by auouymous » Post

muhdnurhidayat wrote:Minetest NEEDS the code to be published publicly as it's LGPL, while Apple PROHIBITS the code to be published publicly. It won't get anywhere, Minetest can't go in Apple's iTunes/App Store unless Apple allows the code to be published publicly.
What?!?! The kernel in iOS and MacOS came from opensource. The webkit renderer in Safari is opensource, also used in Chrome/Chromium and Opera's browser. Apple wouldn't exist without all the opensource code it has used.

https://www.google.com/search?q=opensource+ios+apps -- that google search mentions dozens of opensource iOS apps.

mnh48

by mnh48 » Post

auouymous wrote:
muhdnurhidayat wrote:Minetest NEEDS the code to be published publicly as it's LGPL, while Apple PROHIBITS the code to be published publicly. It won't get anywhere, Minetest can't go in Apple's iTunes/App Store unless Apple allows the code to be published publicly.
What?!?! The kernel in iOS and MacOS came from opensource. The webkit renderer in Safari is opensource, also used in Chrome/Chromium and Opera's browser. Apple wouldn't exist without all the opensource code it has used.

https://www.google.com/search?q=opensource+ios+apps -- that google search mentions dozens of opensource iOS apps.
There's many different licenses for open source softwares. Maybe read this article on VLC in iOS, VLC was originally pulled out of app store as it was GPL, then VLC gets dual-licensed (GPL and MPL) so it could get back into iOS app store by using MPL instead of GPL.

There's been discussions on Minetest to be dual-licensed but some devs said it's going to be very difficult if not impossible as we need agreement from hundreds (or maybe thousands) of people who actually contributed to Minetest to agree before it could be dual-licensed.

Btw, just like google play store, iOS app store also accepts user-submitted apps so you would certainly see many open-source app in violation of licenses, they're just waiting the time to get reckt. But if we want to see an official release, we need to make sure the license and legality are all fine and good, unlike those user-submitted apps.

EDIT: The GPL grants users the right to share the program with anyone. The app store terms of service state you can only use the program on 5 devices that you own. This goes against the GPL by limiting the number of machines you can use it on and preventing you from sharing it with others.

You might want to continue the discussions on iOS here as we are in topic of Xanadu Server. :)

firefox
In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Post

i changed Boreas Shrine into Freya's Shrine
and the tower for the statue is done:

next is the roof...
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

Beast24
IRC: Beast24

by Beast24 » Post

TenPlus1 could you add Armour for horses like boots to make them go faster?
Thx

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Interesting idea Beast, will see what I can come up with.

iisu

by iisu » Post

Here's an idea: poisonous arrows.
bottle of water + red mushroom would craft a bottle of poison and a bottle of poison surrounded by 8 arrows would craft 8 poisonous arrows and return empty bottle. A mob shot with a poisonous arrow would get additional damage for a short time.
And maybe spiders in rain forests could drop venom that is just stronger poison.

What if we could tame blue white fish and clown fish by catching them and placing them back in water?

Andrey01
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

Beast24 wrote:TenPlus1 could you add Armour for horses like boots to make them go faster?
Thx
Then you should add set of armor for horses.

iisu

by iisu » Post

(-5k,10,-4850) The road and the houses there are all griefed.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

iisu: The area in question belonged to someone who is no longer on server so protectors were removed in the hope that other players would claim the area and remove or live in buildings.

ForgiveAndromedalol
GitHub: ForgiveAndromedalol
IRC: Andromeda
In-game: Yam

by ForgiveAndromedalol » Post

My MODS: Water Colors - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18241
BTW BLOCKS - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17654

firefox

by firefox » Post

roofs are difficult =(>.<)=

the front half of the roof on Freya's Shrine is finished =(^.^)=
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

firefox

by firefox » Post

the outside walls of Freya's Shrine are all done =(^.^)=

next is the interior, and lastly the statue on the tower

also, my shop in Emporium (the ruin in the swamp at violet path) now sells crystal, mithril, mese and bunny boots =(^.^)=
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨