[Server] Xanadu

firefox
In-game: Red_Fox

Re: [Server] Xanadu

by firefox » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:I've tweaked Stamina mod and the drunk effects, will update today at some point and hopefully it fixes a few things :)
nani?! we can get drunk now?
maybe i should start growing crops other than those used to make alcohol...

is there a positive side effect to being drunk? like being able to use a special kung fu technique or something like that?
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

KirumiTojo_
In-game: Kirumi -Undyne-

by KirumiTojo_ » Post

Ngah, I'm getting monsters spawned in my underground base, Well. I haven't done much, Just mined through stone for the area,

Is there any way I can stop monsters from spawning or a good plan if they spawn? Thanks uwu

firefox

by firefox » Post

UndyneTheUndying wrote:Ngah, I'm getting monsters spawned in my underground base, Well. I haven't done much, Just mined through stone for the area,

Is there any way I can stop monsters from spawning or a good plan if they spawn? Thanks uwu
underground monsters only spawn in dark places. dungeon masters can't destroy protected areas.
lighting up the area will prevent them from spawning inside (make sure to leave no shadowy corners).
protecting everything is natural. but even if you don't know the right positions yet, dropping some protection blocks in the area will prevent destruction from random fireballs.

the Lost and Forgotten Shop in Emporium has been updated =(^.^)=

not only does it look richer now, the smartshops also have been filled with 16 different articles. money is gold (ingots). just 1 is enough to shop here, it's very affordable.
prices are modelled after the old server's most popular shop with the fairest pricing.

Attachments
screenshot_20190228_144043.png
screenshot_20190228_144043.png (929.67 KiB) Viewed 1250 times
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

KirumiTojo_

by KirumiTojo_ » Post

Ah, Alright.

I'm beginning to start making more builds, Probably discontinuing that city I made a while ago, For many reasons...

But.. I have quite a lot in plan UwO

KirumiTojo_

by KirumiTojo_ » Post

I can't configure my crafting table properly without random images of items coming up, Is there a way to fix this?

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Make sure you are using the official Minetest 0.4.17

KirumiTojo_

by KirumiTojo_ » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:Make sure you are using the official Minetest 0.4.17
Definitely using the official minetest,

Oh well, Might as well just have to craft the old fashioned way. I don't really mind that I'll admit
Screenshot_20190302_202646.jpg
Screenshot_20190302_202646.jpg (203.03 KiB) Viewed 1250 times

binshaden
In-game: binshaden

by binshaden » Post

Xanadu is fun

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

lolol :P

Neon
In-game: Neon

by Neon » Post

I just swapped out computers and got the shiniest version of Minestest. Turns out the v5.x clients can't reverse-engineer a v4.x server. So is there any plan and/or timetable to switch Xanadu to v5.x? I realise that this could force another map wipe (I don't know if the v5.x servers can still use the v4.x database code)

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Once Minetest 5.0 is stable and has had a full release on all platforms then we will look into changing server to the newest version :)

firefox

by firefox » Post

guess i will be absent until the upgrade.
my dayly ppa updated to 5.0 before i noticed.
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

Neon

by Neon » Post

Alas, I am also unwilling to downgrade. I'll wait it out.

auouymous
GitHub: auouymous
IRC: air
In-game: auouymous

by auouymous » Post

Neon wrote:I realise that this could force another map wipe (I don't know if the v5.x servers can still use the v4.x database code)
I hope that isn't true. I put so much time into my monstrosity recently and it is no where near complete. :(

firefox wrote:guess i will be absent until the upgrade. my dayly ppa updated to 5.0 before i noticed.
Gentoo allows masking specific versions or all versions above and including a specific version (>=5.0), and can be done before or after an upgrade. I'm sure other distros have a similar feature.

Neon

by Neon » Post

Buck up! I've survived at least three different map-wipes on the Xanadu server. Granted, the current map is the only one where I haven't had a fully-functional space station.

Hmm... Perhaps there's a causation link there... I build a space station and somebody runs the trench, and then blows up the map...

KirumiTojo_

by KirumiTojo_ » Post

Hi UwU

Taking a small break since I can't do much, I can't double tap to place blocks and all that.

I've gotten some information that people had the same problem but messed with some settings.

Don't feel like playing at the moment but I'll stay active on the forums until I'm able to find the proper settings to fix it, Thanks, OwO

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Neon wrote: Buck up! I've survived at least three different map-wipes on the Xanadu server.
Yes...Xanandu tends to change the map now and then. The current one at least has been stable for a while. Let's see...which maps did we have: The first one was the red volcano land with a high mountain nearby. I had a tower from the blueish wood there. Then came a world where some grassland was at spawn, and roads where built north/south and east/west. Had a small house on that map. Both didn't exist particulary long. Then came the spawn that was above water. My hotel built from mushroom thrunk was griefed and survived only in the share-your-WorldEdit-files thread. It was a map that had existed for a long time. Then came the current one with the pre-built nice spawn. Did I miss any?
Neon wrote: Hmm... Perhaps there's a causation link there... I build a space station and somebody runs the trench, and then blows up the map...
Sorry. If that is so, you're forbidden from ever again building a space station on Xanandu :-) (But there's hope: There may be far less danger on some other servers...and you can still build other things but space stations on Xanandu).
A list of my mods can be found here.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

With the release of Minetest 5.0 stable, we will be testing Xanadu and all of it's mods to make sure it will run properly and then upgrade the server to run 5.0... Don't worry though, I'll let you know before we do :)

Zlo
In-game: Zlo

by Zlo » Post

switching to minetest 5.0
would it be like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQnozHl2_kA

?

Zlo
In-game: Zlo

by Zlo » Post

firefox wrote:
TenPlus1 wrote:I've tweaked Stamina mod and the drunk effects, will update today at some point and hopefully it fixes a few things :)
nani?! we can get drunk now?
maybe i should start growing crops other than those used to make alcohol...

is there a positive side effect to being drunk? like being able to use a special kung fu technique or something like that?
obviously yes

Image[/quote]

angelo1123_
IRC: angelo1123_
In-game: angelo1123_

by angelo1123_ » Post

hello , im an old player i used to play here ages ago and got banned or whats called limited for some reason , is there any chance i could get unbanned?
Mhk (mmm-kay) means okay.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

create a new player name to join server, each person gets three chances before a permanent ban.

angelo1123_
IRC: angelo1123_
In-game: angelo1123_

by angelo1123_ » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:create a new player name to join server, each person gets three chances before a permanent ban.
i already made more accounts in the past (at least 5) and i recently made another but forgot the name
Mhk (mmm-kay) means okay.

NetYard5
GitHub: FI3Mate
IRC: AlloyMixedSteel
In-game: InfinityYards UltraNexo

by NetYard5 » Post

Yuzuki airi is leaving us...

Kelena
In-game: Kelena

by Kelena » Post

That UFOs mod looks nice!
Wait... we don't have that mod D:
Attachments
screenshot_20190519_021447.png
screenshot_20190519_021447.png (80.13 KiB) Viewed 1250 times
Love and nodes, Kel~ | | Playing only at Xanadu.