[Server] Xanadu

esm
In-game: esm TBTPlayz

Re: [Server] Xanadu

by esm » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:Wow, glad that's outta his system :P
i don't think it is out of his system just yet...
The Key Responsibility Of Leadership Is To Think About The Future. No One Else Can Do It For You

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

jieycraft, if your game feels sluggish then check your network and turn off fancy features on your client to reduce lag. the server itself is running fine.

Steamed_Punk
GitHub: steamed-punk

by Steamed_Punk » Post

Visited (brief) a couple of times today, absolutely no issues my end!

I have to say it looks pretty impressive, the spawn area is nice and airy and not claustrophobic. Rules are clearly marked and easy to follow. It all seams well organized. I spent most of the time walking around and having a look and then realized i need to eat :D i gobbed a couple of oranges and everything was fine.

I was a bit unsure as to how i claim land for building so i went out into the real world to the local shop. I will definitely go back at some point.
The sky is not the limit - It's my playground

auouymous
GitHub: auouymous
IRC: air
In-game: auouymous

by auouymous » Post

Steamed_Punk wrote:I was a bit unsure as to how i claim land for building
Protection blocks claim 8 nodes in every direction around the block, punch the block to see its area. Protection logos are the same as blocks but smaller and easier to hide in builds, and good for claiming the sky above your builds. The protection tool will place a block or logo 17 nodes away in the direction you are looking (must be standing on a protection block or logo to use it). Anyone can access normal chests even inside a claim, so use locked or protected chests.

Steamed_Punk

by Steamed_Punk » Post

auouymous wrote:
Steamed_Punk wrote:I was a bit unsure as to how i claim land for building
Protection blocks claim 8 nodes in every direction around the block, punch the block to see its area. Protection logos are the same as blocks but smaller and easier to hide in builds, and good for claiming the sky above your builds. The protection tool will place a block or logo 17 nodes away in the direction you are looking (must be standing on a protection block or logo to use it). Anyone can access normal chests even inside a claim, so use locked or protected chests.
Thanks auouymous, that makes things a lot clearer. Just a couple or so questions if you have the time.

Do i need to ask someone or can i just go for a walk and start building in a far away unclaimed area?
If so is there a limit to the amount of space that can be claimed (i saw a couple of zones that had some pretty big buildings and long roads)?
Chests, if i placed an unlocked chest underground and covered it with dirt in a protected zone, is there any way someone could still access the contents? probably a stupid question ;)
And finally (because i can't see any info) is there a theme or can everyone go nut's with their imaginations?

regards

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Steamed_Punk wrote: Do i need to ask someone or can i just go for a walk and start building in a far away unclaimed area?
You can just build in an unclaimed area. That's the same as on almost all servers.
Steamed_Punk wrote: If so is there a limit to the amount of space that can be claimed (i saw a couple of zones that had some pretty big buildings and long roads)?
Not really. You need to craft the protection nodes which does require some ressources. Apart from that, there are no real limits. Even on servers that use other mods for protection there's no limit in the end - you usually just have to talk to a moderator to get more areas. On Xanandu, you just craft and place protection blocks.
Steamed_Punk wrote: Chests, if i placed an unlocked chest underground and covered it with dirt in a protected zone, is there any way someone could still access the contents? probably a stupid question ;)
That's just a workaround for Minecraft or MCL2. You don't need that on Minetest servers - just craft a locked chest and be happy :-) (locked chest: wood all around, steel ingot in the middle). Nobody but you can access the content of the locked chest after you've placed it.
Steamed_Punk wrote: And finally (because i can't see any info) is there a theme or can everyone go nut's with their imaginations?
In general, you can go nuts with your imagination if you want to :-) But in special cases - like, if you're building inside a town - there might be a board with signs somewhere describing how the town is planned and what style is prefered. If you have any neighbours, it can't hurt to talk to them what their plans for the region are - especially if either your neighbours or you are obviously building/planning anything huge. Some servers also ask to keep some distance to other people's buildings. But in general, it's a lot of friendly chaos. If there's a board with signs around (usually rule boards at spawn, or in the city center), read them. Other than that...happy building :-)
A list of my mods can be found here.

Steamed_Punk

by Steamed_Punk » Post

Sokomine wrote:
Steamed_Punk wrote: Do i need to ask someone or can i just go for a walk and start building in a far away unclaimed area?
You can just build in an unclaimed area. That's the same as on almost all servers.
Steamed_Punk wrote: If so is there a limit to the amount of space that can be claimed (i saw a couple of zones that had some pretty big buildings and long roads)?
Not really. You need to craft the protection nodes which does require some ressources. Apart from that, there are no real limits. Even on servers that use other mods for protection there's no limit in the end - you usually just have to talk to a moderator to get more areas. On Xanandu, you just craft and place protection blocks.
Steamed_Punk wrote: Chests, if i placed an unlocked chest underground and covered it with dirt in a protected zone, is there any way someone could still access the contents? probably a stupid question ;)
That's just a workaround for Minecraft or MCL2. You don't need that on Minetest servers - just craft a locked chest and be happy :-) (locked chest: wood all around, steel ingot in the middle). Nobody but you can access the content of the locked chest after you've placed it.
Steamed_Punk wrote: And finally (because i can't see any info) is there a theme or can everyone go nut's with their imaginations?
In general, you can go nuts with your imagination if you want to :-) But in special cases - like, if you're building inside a town - there might be a board with signs somewhere describing how the town is planned and what style is prefered. If you have any neighbours, it can't hurt to talk to them what their plans for the region are - especially if either your neighbours or you are obviously building/planning anything huge. Some servers also ask to keep some distance to other people's buildings. But in general, it's a lot of friendly chaos. If there's a board with signs around (usually rule boards at spawn, or in the city center), read them. Other than that...happy building :-)
Great, sokomine, thanks for such a detailed reply. I have only visited one other server hence my questions, i went back to Xanadu again and had another look around, got stuck in a mine, killed a couple of things. All looks like good fun.

I'll see how it goes.

JiCeyCraft
In-game: JiCeyPlay

by JiCeyCraft » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:jieycraft, if your game feels sluggish then check your network and turn off fancy features on your client to reduce lag. the server itself is running fine.
I didn't know there were some 'network lines reajustments' in my town for the fiber.
They only informed us of this just these last days. :/
My bad. *grumf*
Trust and Honesty are necessary conditions for friendship. (Princess Celestia)

YuGiOhJCJ
GitHub: YuGiOhJCJ
IRC: YuGiOhJCJ
In-game: YuGiOhJCJ

by YuGiOhJCJ » Post

YuGiOhJCJ wrote:When I try to connect today: I see "Access denied. Reason: Invalid password".
Is there a server maintenance or my account has been stolen please?
Fixed!
It was my fault.
I set bad firewall rules so all requests sent to port 30000 in my network were sent to a specific machine.
So, my password was never sent to the good machine.
I changed the firewall rules and now I can play on Xanadu :)

firefox
In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Post

trying out new things: mini statues

Attachments
statues-2.png
statues-2.png (357.41 KiB) Viewed 995 times
statues-1.png
statues-1.png (213.92 KiB) Viewed 995 times
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

binshaden
In-game: binshaden

by binshaden » Post

I spent a few days making a fantastic roof and then I found it was in the way and wouldn't really fit :(

firefox

by firefox » Post

finished :D

Attachments
screenshot_20191029_105754.png
screenshot_20191029_105754.png (187.47 KiB) Viewed 995 times
screenshot_20191029_105650.png
screenshot_20191029_105650.png (287.25 KiB) Viewed 995 times
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Nice, they sorta remind me of the 8-bit sprites you would get on early c16 games :))

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

binshaden wrote: I spent a few days making a fantastic roof and then I found it was in the way and wouldn't really fit :(
Yes, that's sadly sometimes a problem. I hope you'll find a way to integrate it - or a friendly admin who might move it to a better place. If all else fails, capture the world and use it in singleplayer.
A list of my mods can be found here.

lga

by lga » Post

I can no longer login as lga, i get "This account has been limited, no access !"
What happened ?

binshaden
In-game: binshaden

by binshaden » Post

Sokomine wrote: Yes, that's sadly sometimes a problem. I hope you'll find a way to integrate it - or a friendly admin who might move it to a better place. If all else fails, capture the world and use it in singleplayer.
Unfortunately, it was just too big to fit anywhere else and it was obstructing a hole I wanted to leave open to the sky so I tore it down. I should try to use that design somewhere else though because it was nice.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

lga - you should be able to sign in ok now... lemmie know if anything is missing...

lga

by lga » Post

Thanks Ten, login works again, what happened ?

KirumiTojo_
In-game: Kirumi -Undyne-

by KirumiTojo_ » Post

Ten, Hope this is what you meant.

Also hey guys, I just wanted to mention that once I get all my builds in my way all done with, I was thinking of creating a parkour crossed with a tightrope mini game. But I need a few suggestions on how to make it safe when a player falls. Here are some of my ideas and rules that I've thought of:

- Floor below course is covered in mushroom pore so the player lands softly, There will be arrows guiding the player back to a TP pad where they can restart. (Favorite by far)

- Player would have to bag all items so when they die they will not lose their stuff, I don't like this idea because getting back to the stadium will be harder.

- Player cannot use armour that possesses the ability to jump higher, (Espiecally winged mese boots). The course is not impossible. But they can however make it a challenge by using boots that increase speed.

- Levels will be done with tapestry tops, To make it harder some will face vertical.
Attachments
06c4b9bd1c1a7f0282e329b6c05fef75a2b68afa.png
06c4b9bd1c1a7f0282e329b6c05fef75a2b68afa.png (2.5 KiB) Viewed 995 times
Last edited by KirumiTojo_ on Sun Jul 19, 2020 02:26, edited 1 time in total.

botch
IRC: Botch
In-game: botch

by botch » Post

November 2014, I first logged into Xanadu. The spawn area was surrounded by water and the spawn area was a square build with teleports in each side. I built in a mushroom area. I made tons of friends and good acquaintances. This month marks 5 years on Xanadu. I've been told I should make a 5 year benchmark build somewhere. hehe. Maybe ;)

auouymous
GitHub: auouymous
IRC: air
In-game: auouymous

by auouymous » Post

botch wrote:November 2014, I first logged into Xanadu. The spawn area was surrounded by water and the spawn area was a square build with teleports in each side. I built in a mushroom area.
Exactly how I started too, but a few weeks after you!

firefox

by firefox » Post

botch wrote: I've been told I should make a 5 year benchmark build somewhere. hehe. Maybe ;)
absolutely!
maybe a tower, made of stacked houses that represent all of your earlier builds.
and a giant 5 made of glowstones on top :P
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

Zlo
In-game: Zlo

by Zlo » Post

well i have better idea Botch

Build unto me a statue of ridiculous proportion. One billion cubits in height... that I might be remember-ed for all eternity. And be quick about it!

what do you think ?

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Lol... Mind you, I'm still eager for someone to build the cities of gold :P

firefox

by firefox » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:Lol... Mind you, I'm still eager for someone to build the cities of gold :P
gold? *drools*
what are the cities of gold?
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨