[Server] Xanadu

Xanthin
GitHub: Xanthin
IRC: Xanthin
In-game: Xanthin

Re: Xanadu Server

by Xanthin » Post

Nice, mystik! I hoped you will get it done one day. :)

Regarding your xanadu_old map, Xaagle Inc too will gladly share their datas from the old geo sattelite with you (with the maps I posted here and other regions and pathes). Just need to find a file hoster because the save file is quite big.

Also, you maybe want to check out my colors.txt where I strictly used the original textures and tweaked some stuff (still some ^colorize stuff is left, which the autocolor thing don't like).

Glorfindel
GitHub: the1glorfindel
IRC: Glorfindel DoomWeaver
In-game: Glorfindel

by Glorfindel » Post

I was thinking about setting up a box collaboration type of thing where anyone with maps could upload and share... free accounts have 10 gigabytes so that shouldn't be a problem unless you have the whole map ;)
(if you do... I have a onedrive with over 100...)

Killerz
In-game: Killerz

Nvermind

by Killerz » Post

dont mind this comment
Last edited by Killerz on Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:17, edited 2 times in total.
EDM For the win!

Vassy - Secrets = LIFE

mystik
GitHub: jasonjayr
In-game: mystik

by mystik » Post

Xanthin wrote:Nice, mystik! I hoped you will get it done one day. :)

Regarding your xanadu_old map, Xaagle Inc too will gladly share their datas from the old geo sattelite with you (with the maps I posted here and other regions and pathes). Just need to find a file hoster because the save file is quite big.

Also, you maybe want to check out my colors.txt where I strictly used the original textures and tweaked some stuff (still some ^colorize stuff is left, which the autocolor thing don't like).
I should list a credit too -- but I actually am using that color file after Glorfindel pointed it out to me. A previous iteration of this was using a broken version from the ponies server.

I want to see if it's possible to actually use the top faces of the blocks, so I can zoom in a few more levels.

I am linux server guy -- If you folks have the map files and can, or know how to use rsync, scp/sftp (WinSCP on windows is super easy to use, and free & open source) I can setup an account directly on my servers so you can just transfer arbitrarily sized files to me. If you have an SSH public key, that makes this even easier and more secure. Send me a PM via the forums, and I'll get you hooked up.

And, more specifically -- I need the .sqlite file that the map_save option produces. I've figured out how to decode the block position hash keys in the database, and i'm going to build a tool that will let me merge multiple map files into one giant map, as will as keep a list of what was most recently updated, so folks don't have to search around to see if it changed.

EDIT: -- added your github repo in the credits section :)

noob101
In-game: noob101

by noob101 » Post

Man, this is downright awesome! Someone pick up my jaw from the floor please! Wowzers...

But I have to invite you to my sky island to get that charted (Do I want this? *headscratch ), and does anyone have a map of my place on the old map, or noob area there? I forgot to move the file when the new map came up, so it got overwritten -.-

Have fun, noob101

Xanthin

by Xanthin » Post

noob101 wrote:...does anyone have a map of my place on the old map, or noob area there?
For noob area, grab one here or a more recent version (iirc, I run around it the last time this years january) down in the attachment.
If it works to integrate my old save file (for example), you should also find your place, that I visited more than one time ;), at mystik's map.
Attachments
noobarea_new.png
noobarea_new.png (612.85 KiB) Viewed 825 times

Glorfindel

by Glorfindel » Post

I think I have your place as well... where? no idea ;)

if you want I'll send MapCrawler around to map your house (confidentially ofc) :)

Kilarin
GitHub: Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

So, how can you map in 3D mystik? :)

mystik

by mystik » Post

Kilarin wrote:So, how can you map in 3D mystik? :)
I'm working on that :)

Xanthin

by Xanthin » Post

Are you talking about onomatopoeia? I never found out in all the time how to get it working. :(

Glorfindel

by Glorfindel » Post

Google streetview for everyone!

Neon
In-game: Neon

by Neon » Post

Great stuff, Mystik! I've been hoping for that sort of map for the last two Xanadu maps!

On the old map, there's a few sites to point out:
Midville, at 5000,4,0 is owned by me (Neon)
The Evermore Maze is at 6530,10,0 (the pale circle is the tower that the scavenger hunt inside the maze had pointed you to in order to get your prize)
My Space Station is at 100,150,100 which has the Klingon ship prominently displayed nearby.

mystik

by mystik » Post

Neon wrote:Great stuff, Mystik! I've been hoping for that sort of map for the last two Xanadu maps!

On the old map, there's a few sites to point out:
Midville, at 5000,4,0 is owned by me (Neon)
The Evermore Maze is at 6530,10,0 (the pale circle is the tower that the scavenger hunt inside the maze had pointed you to in order to get your prize)
My Space Station is at 100,150,100 which has the Klingon ship prominently displayed nearby.
I set it up so you could link to locations, like Evermore Maze, directly :)

As for the 'owner' -- that actually is expecting to parse the save file from the areas mod. On the Pony server, we're using areas to protect areas, so for these xanadu maps, I'm just faking it by manually writing the areas.dat by hand. I set the 'owner field' to 'system', because I didn't have all the details about all the areas in question, and honestly, I'd rather chase down the template and remove the field rather than try to collect all the data w/o any hurt feelings.

Once I work out how to decode a map block, I *am* looking at how to produce an overlay showing protection blocks ....

~Xhole
IRC: x
In-game: Xhole

by ~Xhole » Post

How I miss Aurora City :'(
Attachments
Screenshot_2016-03-18-21-17-13.png
Screenshot_2016-03-18-21-17-13.png (416.47 KiB) Viewed 825 times
~X~

firefox
In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Post

~Xhole wrote:How I miss Aurora City :'(
unfortunately a new glacier has not been found yet ...
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

mystik

by mystik » Post

~Xhole wrote:How I miss Aurora City :'(

Found it!

At this moment it's regenerating the full map with additional data from Xanthin, it takes a 2-3 hours, so I'm off to bed. It *might* fill in that gap in the map -- I'll see how it goes. Check back in about 6-12 hrs, and see if it gets updated.

firefox

by firefox » Post

you have to do it the ninja way :3

1. get some pieces of the dirt you want and place it.
2. dig the nearby dirt blocks and re-place them.
3. wait for grass to grow.
4. repeat from step 2.

(of course this is most effective after you build all buildings planned for the area, so that you only have to cultivate the visible places.)
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

IceAgeComing

by IceAgeComing » Post

firefox wrote:you have to do it the ninja way :3

1. get some pieces of the dirt you want and place it.
2. dig the nearby dirt blocks and re-place them.
3. wait for grass to grow.
4. repeat from step 2.

(of course this is most effective after you build all buildings planned for the area, so that you only have to cultivate the visible places.)
Yeah its a possible way, but very very very slow, and possible only with small areas. When working on big areas its quite impossible to use this technique, and its even harder when land isnt flat. Couldnt imagine of making greenerys in size of white path like that :P.

firefox

by firefox » Post

IceAgeComing wrote: Couldnt imagine of making greenerys in size of white path like that :P.
you could also ask the Goblin King to use Universal Transmutation Magic =(^.^)=
but you have to give him a good reason, or he will not be interested ...
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

Bonny

by Bonny » Post

firefox wrote:
IceAgeComing wrote: Couldnt imagine of making greenerys in size of white path like that :P.
you could also ask the Goblin King to use Universal Transmutation Magic =(^.^)=
but you have to give him a good reason, or he will not be interested ...
sadly we cant bother goblin king with WorldEdit every second :/
When life gives you lemons, just bake some lemon cupcakes
Dream as if you"ll live forever, eat cupcakes as if you would die today

Kilarin
GitHub: Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

Grass spreads MUCH faster in the new Xanadu...

auouymous
GitHub: auouymous
IRC: air
In-game: auouymous

by auouymous » Post

iska wrote:75 Minutes of flood terraforming experiment after dev changes + tens fixes... :(
Flooding a large area would increase server lag as it must calculate where the water will flow, probably a good thing it no longer works for terraforming...

iska
In-game: iska

by iska » Post

Yes large area is different (like 50x50+ areas), we flood when there are less people around and we only use handful water sources, as it has been fast before... now it s impossible.

Pro builders like their ground to be solid of one color instead of the puked rainbow cheese mess we usually see around.