twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

Re: [Server] Xanadu

by twoelk » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 19:19
A new 'medeterranean" biome was created that you can find inbetween banana groves and grey willow biomes at a certain elevation :)
uh?
missed that one,
seems I need to go for an exploring tour again

binshaden
In-game: binshaden

by binshaden » Post

it's been a while

firefox
In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Post

finished the Gate Guardians
Spoiler
next up is The Big Bridge, which will be the main road through the Hidden Ninja Village.
but first i'll need to make more plans and blueprints.
not sure whether i'll do it with 2 towers or a castle... (or maybe both?)
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

Phiwari123
In-game: Phiwari123

by Phiwari123 » Post

Looks great!

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Nice :)

wwar
GitHub: wwar-XeStro
In-game: wwar

by wwar » Post

I was the first one to see that cool thing completed :D (after fox for sure.)

TenPlus1

Update:

by TenPlus1 » Post

Xanadu server has been updated and missing 'fly' privelage issue patched alongside some others... Salt crystals also added :)

Jon987
In-game: Jon987

by Jon987 » Post

After returning to Xanadu over a year + long break...I decided to put my wealth of materials into good usage. :D

Attachments
Builds.png
Builds.png (895.07 KiB) Viewed 1446 times
Last edited by Jon987 on Wed Aug 04, 2021 15:14, edited 3 times in total.

wwar

by wwar » Post

Jon987 wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 18:19
After returning to Xanadu over a year + long break...I decided to put my wealth of materials into good usage. :D
Wow, looks amazing! :D

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

That's one expensive build :) nice one...

Emojiminetest
GitHub: Emojigit

by Emojiminetest » Post

Is it allowed to use CSMs that never hack?

My CSM:
  • Get physical override (for debug)
  • Get message send time

Jon987

by Jon987 » Post

First off, you are a very problematic player. For a multitude of reasons.

Days prior to all this happening me and a few of the other mods have been keeping an eye on you because of the inappropriate language you'd use in the chat. This server is a family-friendly server that has 0 tolerance for that kind of stuff.

Later on it was discovered that you wrote several books and stored them in your chests that had very creepy messages in them. You then proceeded to insult the server owner, Shinji_Ikari. That is inexcusable. After all, he is the one who is hosting this server and allows us to all play together.

After that incident, I found out you made an ALT account (which is prohibited here) to migrate over and save your precious items you spent 2 weeks gathering. I went invisible to keep an eye on you, but lo and behold...I saw you flying, fast traveling, and teleporting which ultimately led me to limit those accounts and burn your loot.

Fast forward the next few hours you've done nothing but harass the server and make dozens of alt accounts. Not to mention you griefing my soccer stadium I built.

Now you complain that you have 0 permissions.. yet you've been playing for 2 weeks? What do you expect???? Most players have been well established and helpful in the server for a long time before they gain any special privs. And here you are HACKING, GRIEFING, and harassing the staff for hours.

Bottom line is, you are not welcome here. Please go find another server to play at.
Will not be responding any further.

Zanzi

by Zanzi » Post

Last edited by Zanzi on Fri Apr 30, 2021 04:24, edited 2 times in total.
Join the family friendly World Zero II server on Minetest.

Zanzi

by Zanzi » Post

Last edited by Zanzi on Fri Apr 30, 2021 04:24, edited 1 time in total.

Zanzi

by Zanzi » Post

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

1. If you break the rules you forfeit your ability to play on server and your items.
2. Players with special privelages have earned those by playing well.
3. Protection cannot be bypassed unless removed, so if anyone looted chests then they weren't protected.
4. We do have a policy where admin has the right to remove builds if a player hasn't signed on for 6 months or over, nice builds are mostly passed over to a different player for upkeep.
5. Legal proceedings cannot be taken against a player while both parties are under the guise of a nickname.

wwar

by wwar » Post

Zanzi wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 05:21
If you play this server there are a few things you should know;

1. Pretty much everyone has permissions, apart from you, because you are a noob and you are expected to have a hard time.

2. Your build is NOT safe, it's very easy to get one of the mods to loot a protected area for you.

3. Protectors are buggy, on multiple occasions I have bypassed a protector taking or placing blocks within a protected area.

4. Server admin has the mental age of a 5 year old. I will let you discover the intricacies of that on your own. He is more likely to get in an argument with you and attack you than have a debate or listen to any problem you have to attempt to resolve any issues you might like to bring to his attention, no matter how polite you are about it.

All of the good builds in this game are obviously done with permissions, which have to be obtained by begging or working your way through a very small and closed nit hierarchy.

Say that you even did this, the kind of people who have permissions on this server or "mods" lack any sanity, they take for granted their privileged positions and just rain turds on everyone else.

If you do chose to play this server KIRIT0, WWAR and ADAM will help you out the most, and are good people, but honestly, you are best NOT talking to anyone in there if you want to just build and avoid the toxic environment. Which is exactly what this server is, and exactly why this server has an average load of 3-6 players at any one time.

The game modifications are great, but the server itself is a bit of a wasteland of deserted builds made by deserted players, and you can plainly see how little respect is made to preserve many of these builds while others get preferential treatment.

The shopping district is basically a ghost town, most shops are out of stock or completely abandoned and stripped out of all their interior. Honestly it seems a little dead, I do find some players who have logged in this month with nice builds but they seem to only login once every two or three weeks so I don't think most of them are active they are just logging in so that one of the moderators does not loot their house.

There was a pretty good shop most players use but it was recently removed for "being too cheap" in its prices, which is ... odd to say the least. When you consider the leverage of who has permissions to spawn anything they want and... yeah.

The way it works on this server is that you can use the command '/last-login playename' and if the player has not logged in, in a while, for example 6 months, the mods will loot the property for you and before you know it the entire place has been stripped, often even the walls.

I am sure many people in this thread will respond to defend the server, make of it what you will, I am sure the truth to the matters and goings-on of this server will be quite self evident as these responses congregate in the thread.

A personal experience I had in this server was that when I first joined I was being grieved by other players whom would then go on to suck up to moderators if you tried to do anything about it. The moderators will side with long term players of course, regardless of the circumstances, for example a known player in the server can throw insults and abuse, grieve other players, but if the new player where to speak up or do anything about it, the new player is more likely to see some form of punishment.

I have been collecting a few logs of the behaviour in this server, and have documented in video some of the looting that takes place of player properties.

I am prepared to make this evidence public to defend what I consider to be a very, possibly even brutally, honest take of this server.

Look the bottom line is, it's a great server if you love sucking up to people to get permissions, otherwise don't bother it's not much fun being a pauper on a server where everyone but you has permissions, you builds ultimately are not safe, even if you do try to keep to yourself other players will harass you regardless unless you some how run so far from spawn without permissions that only moderators can spawn to you.

Don't expect any respect on this server, you are just a noob, nothing more. If the chummy mods decide they want to mess with you, you will be messed with, and they are the worst because they can actually teleport to you any time they like.

No rules for them, a whole wall or rules for everyone else.
Everyone have permissions? Fly you mean? People with fly have played the server for atleast 1 year and they were good with others and deserved it.
> We got a fly potion now which can be used by anyone.

The builds are very safe and can, the admins may remove the protection of a player if 1. they are banned, 2. They left the server for 6 months or more.

Protectors are not buggy they work well.

Anyone who got banned/broke the rules may say that about the admin to explain why they got banned etc. The admin is just a good admin and will punish whoever breaks the rules to keep the server clean from rule breakers.

Pretty sure you didn't see all the good buildings here to say that, the buildings near the spawn for example in Skrote's road (North), yes they are built with creative, every good server has buildings near the spawn built with creative, that's just to make the server look better, but we have good buildings that are built without more privs, will give IronFish's buildings as an example

I'm not a moderator here, and i played the server for 4 years and never saw a bad moderator in this server.

Thanks for saying I'm good and will help, aswell as Adam and KIRIT0, they both are good and will help new players, Yes there are people who does not want to help but most of players who play this server will help you
The average load isn't 3-6, maybe it was the last months but every server has sometimes with few players,
but the server is active nowadays with 5-12 players at time, hope we will get more new players and more old players to return.

Some people are good builders and some are not, that is very normal and nothing is bad with that.

We do have empty shops because some players used to play here then left the server, maybe you see it as a "ghost town" but its pretty good, even the roads look good, and "mods" can not remove protectors, only admins can and they won't remove protectors of players who left the server for 2-3 months...

>There was a pretty good shop most players use but it was recently removed for "being too cheap" in its prices,
Yes that is true, that shop was placed by a user with the priv "creative" and it was unlimited, keeping this in the server will destroy its economy, if the shop was made by a normal player without creative it wouldn't be removed, like the shop by herny, it has very good deals with alot of stock but it was not removed because it is not unlimited (shop's coords: 104, 10, -102)

The /last-login cmd, is in the default minetest game, players who have left the server for 6 months may lose their protectors, however if they are good buildings or made by a player who said they will return to the server then they won't lose the protectors... and 6 months is too long.. who will leave the server for that long and come back?

Sure no, we have players who played the server for years, but they got banned for messing with new players, the staff team do not side "long term players", they will be against who broke the rules, maybe you were the one who broke the rules? So they were against you?

Who have permissions has played the server for long time and was good player and didn't break the rules, if you play the server for long time and be good with others then you may get the more permissions.

Other people will harass you? Like who? Give names and evidience and they will get punished.

Which moderator messed with you? Or are you saying that randomly without seeing any moderator who messes with others?

Also, you use a hacked client to have perms as others?
you are saying it is unfair to not have the same powers as others, but they got privs by playing fairy for years, the real none fair thing is to come and use a hacked client to get these privs in minutes.
Last edited by wwar on Sat Mar 27, 2021 15:53, edited 2 times in total.

Zanzi

by Zanzi » Post

Zanzi

by Zanzi » Post

Last edited by Zanzi on Fri Apr 30, 2021 04:23, edited 1 time in total.

Zlo
In-game: Zlo

by Zlo » Post

Well first of all hello there to all xanaudians.
I was dormant in my buissy and messy real life until i checked forum...
First of all if there is anyone who can be charged for cruelty among hopeless mindless cute little xanadu pandas its me. I have many builds dedicated to more or less militant panda groups in Xanadu, i have living witnesses of my unimaginative ways to end life of many pandas as not so many Viklands pandas too.
As anyone who wonder in great posh afflatus medieval city can find viking panda camp, and numerus war machines and pandas entangled into unending fight for right to pillage city.

Coolstorms can be witness of another dark place... called unfinshied temple of Shinji, where endless pandas met their premature death by lava pool. (p.s. dont confuse temple of Shinji, who is probably some old diety of Xanadu with server admin Shinji_Ikari)

And in Shadowz labyrinth in frozen wasteleands there is also penguin altar of bloody shark where too some of Pandas meet their demise.

So all in all if somebody can be called for cruelty among (digital) pandas than that is me

See ya

IceAgeComing

by IceAgeComing » Post

Zlo wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 14:11
Well first of all hello there to all xanaudians.
I was dormant in my buissy and messy real life until i checked forum...
First of all if there is anyone who can be charged for cruelty among hopeless mindless cute little xanadu pandas its me. I have many builds dedicated to more or less militant panda groups in Xanadu, i have living witnesses of my unimaginative ways to end life of many pandas as not so many Viklands pandas too.
As anyone who wonder in great posh afflatus medieval city can find viking panda camp, and numerus war machines and pandas entangled into unending fight for right to pillage city.

Coolstorms can be witness of another dark place... called unfinshied temple of Shinji, where endless pandas met their premature death by lava pool. (p.s. dont confuse temple of Shinji, who is probably some old diety of Xanadu with server admin Shinji_Ikari)

And in Shadowz labyrinth in frozen wasteleands there is also penguin altar of bloody shark where too some of Pandas meet their demise.

So all in all if somebody can be called for cruelty among (digital) pandas than that is me

See ya
Careful there, they already got police involved, now they might call PETA on you. :O

afflatus
GitHub: 0-afflatus
IRC: afflatus
In-game: afflatus

by afflatus » Post

Zlo wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 14:11

We have also started work renovating all the roofs of our great posh medieval city. Many of them were found to have panda infestations, which had to be cleared in accordance with city regulations. Unfortunately we have had to put up signs in order to enforce the regulations and clear all bamboo from the surrounding area. These creatures are very dangerous, do not approach a feeding animal as it just eats, shoots, and leaves everything in its path and there is no way to stop it.
Grailtest is stirring ...

TenPlus1

The Birch Tree

by TenPlus1 » Post

And now for something completely different...

The Birch Tree (Betula Betulaceae)
Attachments
screen.jpg
screen.jpg (44.69 KiB) Viewed 1874 times

afflatus
GitHub: 0-afflatus
IRC: afflatus
In-game: afflatus

by afflatus » Post

It'll be the larch next
Grailtest is stirring ...

Jon987

Re: The Birch Tree

by Jon987 » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 19:42
And now for something completely different...

The Birch Tree (Betula Betulaceae)
Now this is a nice change of pace! :)