[Server] Xanadu

Dragonop
GitHub: Dragonop
IRC: Dragonop
In-game: Dragonop

Re: Xanadu Server

by Dragonop » Post

Why should I listen to you, when I'm telling you to stop spamming, and start using PMs instead.

IceAgeComing

by IceAgeComing » Post

I guess there's nothing we can do when someone lacks a common sense. If we put absolutely everything in rules, it would be 100 pages long and noone would bother to read them. Just like there's no rule at spawn about "no hacking", doesnt mean its allowed. Just like there's no written rule about offensive names, again it doesn't mean it's allowed.

If the rule "no swearing" isn't big enough hint for you to not make that sexual jokes...then i don't know.
Just because its internet, doesn't mean you can get away with everything.

But on happy note, this server really has amazing people.
Currently having amazing time friends drowning the bees, haha.
Jjb discovered a great way to farm honey, fun and strangely addictive!

neri2

by neri2 » Post

HAHAHA icey pop!!! thats great

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

The rules are quite clear at spawn area, and even translated into 5 other languages... No swearing should be specific enough that kids play on server and it's a family orientated server so a little common sense NOT to type sexual innuendo and the like can be gotten from that... If you cannot grasp that then Xanadu server is not for you...

NaoKat
In-game: RavenFox

by NaoKat » Post

Okay everyone. I know all of you hate me because of nothing, xD but im going to say this. Im tired of having to reply to all these comments that are getting everyone NOWHERE. Are you trying to win something? None of this is working. Im just going to leave, hate all of you because you are so stubborn, and unforgiving. None of you bother to listen to me, or understand what I am trying to say. I am going to stop this, even though i know im right, im just going to leave you all be. Just remember this sets a bad example for your server. Im not going to reply to any more worthless crap that you say to me. Goodbye, and I hope you all have a wonderful time on that server.

myster
In-game: myster

by myster » Post

Okay, I will follow In the footsteps of two awesome players, RedFox and IceAgeComing, and will deviate this thread from all the drama to the game.

Our first SkinFuze session. XD
In the name of Justice! -- Mr. mystery :)

neri2

by neri2 » Post

Thats just.. wrong iceypop.. kinda like in a mutant like the fly movie kinda way hahaha

NaoKat

by NaoKat » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:The rules are quite clear at spawn area, and even translated into 5 other languages... No swearing should be specific enough that kids play on server and it's a family orientated server so a little common sense NOT to type sexual innuendo and the like can be gotten from that... If you cannot grasp that then Xanadu server is not for you...
Okay, this is the last thing im going to say. It was never stated that this was a "family" server, and swearing is not at all the same thing as sexual language. If this server is for kids, you should make everything clear, since this happens a lot. Just a helping tip. I know how to run a server, I have run many servers, this is NOT how you run one.

neri2

by neri2 » Post

DIES LAUGHING!

IceAgeComing

by IceAgeComing » Post

NaoKat wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:I'll hazard to guess that the server doesn't like you anymore :|
Yeah, I have seen cursing, dating, etc. on this server many times before and nothing has been done about it. Yet when I DON'T break the rules, I don't get to play.
*rolls eyes*
And of course again, she wonders why people don't understand her,
why absolutely noone agrees with her flawed logic, where Is absolutely no common sense.

NaoKat

by NaoKat » Post

IceAgeComing wrote:
NaoKat wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:I'll hazard to guess that the server doesn't like you anymore :|
Yeah, I have seen cursing, dating, etc. on this server many times before and nothing has been done about it. Yet when I DON'T break the rules, I don't get to play.
*rolls eyes*
And of course again, she wonders why people don't understand her,
why absolutely noone agrees with her flawed logic, where Is absolutely no common sense.
Listen, im sorry. It just wasnt at all fair that any of that happened. I take things literally, unless its obviously not literal. Saying no swearing: no ***************** words, etc. No dating: hey wanna go out? No greifing: *blows up everything* you have to get the point by now, anyways, im going to play undertale.

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

If all you guys know how to do is hate and curse each other, Minetest's community is done for. oOChainLynxOo was not wholly in the wrong, you know. Now, I am starting to see with my own eyes why he left.

IceAgeComing

by IceAgeComing » Post

NaoKat wrote:
Listen, im sorry. It just wasnt at all fair that any of that happened. I take things literally, unless its obviously not literal. Saying no swearing: no ***************** words, etc. No dating: hey wanna go out? No greifing: *blows up everything* you have to get the point by now, anyways, im going to play undertale.
Don't you realize, that maybe there is fault in yourself?
Just because you have hard time understanding what rules mean, doesn't mean its same with other people,
actually you are the very first person to complain about it. There hasn't been any other person who have made a sexual "joke" like that and then not understood that it's against rules.
You are the only one.
Think about it.

NaoKat

by NaoKat » Post

IceAgeComing wrote:
NaoKat wrote:
Don't you realize, that maybe there is fault in yourself?
Just because you have hard time understanding what rules mean, doesn't mean its same with other people,
actually you are the very first person to complain about it. There hasn't been any other person who have made a sexual "joke" like that and then not understood that it's against rules.
You are the only one.
Think about it.
Its not against the rules. Maybe you should make it a rule.

NaoKat

by NaoKat » Post

Inocudom wrote:If all you guys know how to do is hate and curse each other, Minetest's community is done for. oOChainLynxOo was not wholly in the wrong, you know. Now, I am starting to see with my own eyes why he left.
This server isnt too friendly or understanding... =\

Bonny

by Bonny » Post

NaoKat wrote:
Inocudom wrote:If all you guys know how to do is hate and curse each other, Minetest's community is done for. oOChainLynxOo was not wholly in the wrong, you know. Now, I am starting to see with my own eyes why he left.
If you think it isnt too friendly or understanding theres many other servers you could try, complaining here wont help you, i think you should do something helpful instead of posting nonsense on forum all day long, maybe go try to read a book or draw something.
When life gives you lemons, just bake some lemon cupcakes
Dream as if you"ll live forever, eat cupcakes as if you would die today

NaoKat

by NaoKat » Post

Bonny wrote:
NaoKat wrote:
If you think it isnt too friendly or understanding theres many other servers you could try, complaining here wont help you, i think you should do something helpful instead of posting nonsense on forum all day long, maybe go try to read a book or draw something.
Ikr, I just had so much on this server, and I really liked the server. All I did was ask for an admin, because I needed help, and everyone ignored me and my friend, and then I make a joke, boom. Rude admin gets me in trouble. The server used to be good...

neri2

by neri2 » Post

Not a clue who chainlinks is but I should probably be grateful for that.

Dragonop

by Dragonop » Post

Inocudom, clearly NaoKat is a player, and is not part of the community.
You need to make a difference between the players, and the community.

Neon
In-game: Neon

by Neon » Post

Folks, going on for three pages about the same issue is not helping anything. So the issue is that someone is upset that they were banned for doing something on our server that they wouldn't do in public. I'm glad that they were, and it seems an overwhelming amount of other players are also glad that some of the moderators are trying to make this a family friendly server. Regardless of whether the player in question was given fair warning or not, the server's players agree with the actions against the player in question.

Time to move on. Three pages about players on both sides beating their heads against each other is borderline unseemly. Time to stop responding to the posts about this particular situation. There is nothing else that can profitably come out of this.

I'm sure one of the Administrators will or have already posted in spawn, rules enough to prevent this sort of issue from cropping up. Time to move on.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

IceAgeComing wrote: You were asking people if they want BJ!!!! And you did that infront of CHILDREN.
It took me quite a while to figure out what that might mean. It must have been something sexually offensive (due to the mentionning of children), but I wouldn't have guessed the meaning without that hint. Not everyone is a native speaker...or a speaker of that sub-dialect. I seriously doubt that small children would understand.
NaoKat wrote: It was a joke. It was a little joke.
That makes even less sense. Jokes are supposed to be funny in some way? If so, I'm sorry to say that it failed.
NaoKat wrote: You cant be serious? Those screenshots prove I am innocent, I was calling a regular player an idiot, and that isnt against any rule,
It's not against any rule? I doubt that. Calling anyone an idiot is not very friendly and ought to be avoided. In that regard, moderators are no diffrent than "normal" players.
NaoKat wrote: How is it not a joke? Do you actually think I would let something like that happen? XD anyways, i didn't swear or try to date. Its an obvious joke, and everyone took it too seriously... Except for the good kids that ignored what I said, or they just dont care.
Hmm. It seems you're calling a player named "LisasBrother" an idiot. Might be that that's really a child - the name suggests it - and the question the player asked ("what does it mean?") suggests lack of understanding. You didn't explain and waved it away with a "nothing". Might be the best reaction, but that way the player was even more confused I'm afraid. Probably...not a good joke, but no disaster either, apart from the insult.
NaoKat wrote: I never called any admin or moderator, or any authority an idiot.
Even those very kids that sometimes go on all our nerves have rights and are human beeings. Don't call anyone an idiot. And don't distinguish between persons of authority and other persons. The server owner and his assigned admins/moderators have the authority when it comes to deciding which rules ought to apply on the server, or when something technical or even regarding art (which materials where, where to build what) comes into play. But that's just their job. Apart from that, all are human beeings and ought to be treated as valuable human beeings. Well, perhaps apart from griefers....those need to be thrown out. But that's not the issue here.
NaoKat wrote: The screenshots prove my innocence because I was completely confused why Ice was going crazy. And Ice said, "you want me to remove your perms?" and i said "wat/" (meaning to put a question mark) and after that, i got my perms removed. And a bit before that, Ice asked, do you want to get banned? and I said no, why? It was obvious I was confused, and I had no chance to understand why I got my perms taken away.
It can sometimes get confusing in chat, and messages overlap due to the time it takes to type them in and get them distributed to all participants. I once had an extreme delay of 20 minutes while chatting with a server owner. That made communication...tricky, frustrating and not very successful. Misunderstandings in chat can easily happen. You seem to really have thought of your sentence as a harmless joke and thus didn't understand the reaction.
Kelena wrote: All you need is a little bit of common sense, "Is the thing I'm going to say suitable for an E rated game?"
Whatever an "E rated game" might be. By German law, Minetest might be considered entirely inappropriate for children - not because of how the game is but because no one ever officialy put a stamp on it saying "this is for age xyz". But at least that's not a problem here - not even NaoKat thought it'd be an appropriate topic of conversation for children.
NaoKat wrote: *she* and i am not guilty
The same style of writing as in the chat - which underlines that what you said wasn't aimed at a female person but just correcting a grammatical error because someone wasn't aware of your gender.
IceAgeComing wrote: Second of all, i never saw you apologizing for that little "joke" of yours, just smiley faces after i asked if you want to get banned. So i took it as you are laughing on the rules and you are not taking my warning seriously. So i asked my fellow moderators to vote if they think you deserve privs takens.
You might have been a bit too fast for NaoKat here.
NaoKat wrote: That is where you are wrong. Games are fine, I would never say anything like that in real life, in a public place. Its a game, and what people can do, is IGNORE IT
There used to be that old set of rules for the Usenet, before the WWW became popular. The most basic rule was "remember that there's another human beeing sitting at the other end of the linie". That's still true. So...if you think something would not be a good idea in real life, because it might hurt people, don't say it in the game either. That is...excluding things which are perfectly normal in the game but would be out of place in rl ("got a stack of bricks for a gold ingot?" :))
NaoKat wrote: Have you ever seen most comedy shows? They have more vulgar humor, and guess what? ITS FOR THE WORLD TO SEE!
But that's nothing uniformly agreed upon either. There is a very very narrow gap between excellent humor - especially once it gets to the more intelligent and biting forms - and plain insult/stupidity/illegality. Humor on that level requires a lot of thought and consenus as to what can be the topic of the humor. Very simple jokes are more likely to work universally amongst humanity.
NaoKat wrote: The only thing I really hate, is people that can't understand if something is a joke or not, and then get crazy over it. They can't let any of this go, they just hang on to it like its a big deal, but its not.
That's because it never felt like a joke to them in the first place. It's something requiring an apology from the point of view of those people that "can't let any of this go".
neri2 wrote: With this in mind yes, inserting such things into the game would be considered wrong place, wrong time, wrong game.
Certainly.
Inocudom wrote: If all you guys know how to do is hate and curse each other, Minetest's community is done for. oOChainLynxOo was not wholly in the wrong, you know. Now, I am starting to see with my own eyes why he left.
No, don't worry. It's just some normal human interaction and misunderstanding. Happens all the time when people meet each other - sooner or later.
IceAgeComing wrote: Currently having amazing time friends drowning the bees, haha.
Poor bees :-) I'm going to found a save-the-bees organization! :)
Neon wrote: There is nothing else that can profitably come out of this.
Well, probably not. I still hope that both parties understand that "the other side" is not as bad as they think.
A list of my mods can be found here.

auouymous
GitHub: auouymous
IRC: air
In-game: auouymous

by auouymous » Post

Sokomine wrote:
NaoKat wrote: That is where you are wrong. Games are fine, I would never say anything like that in real life, in a public place. Its a game, and what people can do, is IGNORE IT
There used to be that old set of rules for the Usenet, before the WWW became popular. The most basic rule was "remember that there's another human beeing sitting at the other end of the linie".
But the human online can't punch or shoot you in the face, that changes everything. And the definition of "coward" is someone who would do something online that they would not do in real life.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Have asked forum admin if I could have privelages to delete entries within Xanadu forum page, then we can clear up the pages of arguments (if it's possible).

Dragonop

by Dragonop » Post

TenPlus1: I don't really think that's the way... even if offtopic, it shows how problems are managed on Xanadu, and how patient the admins are. Not in the cleanest way, but certainly it's not 100% bad.
It could serve as an example for other players. And all this will be forgoten when a new page comes up after some other posts.

edit: +1 for Sokomine...

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

True.